Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Kyo

Fuyukaba Academy: Demon Hunters [closed]

139 posts in this topic

But, Martin is waiting on closing this/starting the RP until he has Wstfgl's profile. So... GOGOGOGOGO!!!

Finally. I'm done. Took me far longer than I should have...

Name: Reika Yamashiro

Appearance: http://s670.photobucket.com/user/wstfgl/media/herplederp.jpg.html (I kinda suck at coloring. Forgive me.)

Personality: Reika appears perpetually stoic and expressionless, rarely batting an eye even at the most unusual of circumstances. She is a person of few words, and rarely socializes with others. She doesn't have a good grasp of social norms, and frequently comes across as aloof at best, or downright rude at worst. Behind this cold exterior, she is actually -- surprise, surprise -- a kindhearted, steadfastly loyal person, who will unhesitatingly stand by her friends in times of need. Unknown to most, she is a closet otaku who sees life in terms of anime cliches, and has some rather odd ideas of how the world works that no one's managed to correct yet.

Bio: Reika never got to lead a normal life -- she was orphaned by a Demon attack when she was eight, and she herself was left mangled and near death. However, the Demon Slayer who defeated the Demon managed to save her life, but at a grave cost -- using a forbidden magical art, he fused the salvaged remains of the Demon who had orphaned her into her body to repair it, turning her into what amounted to a Nephilim. As a result, she is always haunted by the knowledge that losing control of her powers could turn her into the things she hates the most.

Having lost everything she had known in life, she accepted the Demon Slayer's offer to become his apprentice, so that she could seek her vengeance against the Demons that had cost her so dearly. This choice may not entirely have been her own, though -- the Demon Slayer couldn't have possibly allowed a Nephilim of his creation to roam free in any case. She spent her formative years learning to harness her new powers, and later on, to hunt Demons alongside her master.

While she was an excellent student, becoming frighteningly proficient at defeating , the life of a Demon Slayer robbed her of her childhood. She constantly traveled alongside her master from place to place, never staying long enough to make friends or settle down, and the carnage she witnessed as a result of the Demons took a toll on her over the years, leaving her disconnected from the mundane world.

A few months ago, her master vanished while investigating the Hellmouth at Fuyukaba alone, and she has set out to find what happened to him.

Abilities: Reika's powers stem from her weapon of choice -- Bloody Stream, an large cleaver resembling a Nepalese kukri with a long, incredibly strong ribbon attached to the pommel. This strange weapon somehow holds her Demonic nature in check, and acts as a conduit for her to use them without going horribly insane. She carries the weapon around in a guitar case at all times, and strangely enough, no one finds this suspicious at all. Despite the weight of the weapon, she wields it with a seemingly supernatural ease.

Her Demonic blood gives her the power to channel electromagnetic forces. In her hands, this ability is extremely versatile, allowing for a range of uses from detecting Demons from afar to launching metallic objects with the force of a high-caliber rifle bullet. However, while powerful, the ability has a relatively short range, so she can't project arcs of lightning through the air like a typical lightning-user would.

Bloody Stream has an alternate form, known as Coda Mode. When activated, the ribbon on its pommel wraps itself up and stiffens into a seven foot long shaft, turning the weapon into a large scythe. This mode removes some of the restrictions keeping her Demonic nature in check, making her three times faster than she usually is. However, she cannot use this mode for more than 5 minutes without losing grasp on her humanity.

Sounds good. Are you still planning on jumping in a few weeks from now?

Is... is that Mag? A Mag who can Trans-Am?

Also what Student Council positions are open for Yuudai? Is the president seat open? XD

EDIT: After a quick discussion with Sanzi it appears Yuudai will be taking the role of President of Clubs and Societies.

Edited by TriOctium

What are the other positions, anyway?

If someone says Disciplinary Committee I will forever imagine their character as a giant BDSM mummy.

(Who said it's Mag? Volt can use Trans-Am already.)

If I remember correctly, Val's char is the President, Sanzi's char is the Vice-President and Kyo's char is the BDSM Mummy Disciplinary Chairman. Open positions left should be Treasurer, Secretary, or any other position you can come up with that sounds reasonable.

We're here to get bitches and kill demons, sometimes at the same time.

1 person likes this

And to do the former, we need cool Seitou Kaichou titles. Thus they are of utmost importance. 

1 person likes this

About your character Wstfgl, I purposefully left out information on my character's origins of his abilities - you mention being saved by incorporating the blood/flesh of a demon into their body, and I don't want to divulge anything to overly spoil it, but perhaps you could consider reassessing that part of your character for the sake of variety, as that was something I choose to do that was deliberately different. This is really my fault, because I thought by keeping it mysterious it would be better for my character's story, so, i'm kinda dumb. lol. But uh, aye, if you'd be willing to talk to me about it so we can come to an amicable decision on it, just add me to skype and we can hash it out:    the-valentine

I think he might be back in camp already, so he may not reply for up to 1-2 weeks. But don't worry about it, I'm sure he'll work it out somehow.

Im sure it'll all work out. Just an update im currently out visiting my girlfriend for the day. Ill be back this evening and ill make a post for you guys. Feel free to post among yourselves about your day at school if you like.

Gotcha. I'll go dig through my stack of overused power origins. Like, I dunno. Radioactive turtles or something.

1 person likes this

Haha, nice. Aye well I appreciate it man, and if you want to talk abilities or ideas i'm happy to help, though you seem you have it well in hand, thanks for putting up with me.   :3

I've posted. My next post will pick up with Karyu at detention after school ends. This will be leading up to our first demon attack. Feel free to finish up the rest of the school day, talk among each other, etc. Any questions let me know. 

Is it okay if Yuudai skips school to go beat up the hobo, or are you reserving him for something later?

Ehhh? Yuudai-kun! You can't skip school! You have a responsibility as a member of the Student Council! Think about the example you would set for the other students!

Seriously though, the hobo is saved for later.

Basically to summarise for you, Demons have many motivations. Some Demons desire more power, whether it be physically or otherwise. Some might be happy living a life in a human host, playing a long game where they satisfy the self through the suffering of others, such as a corrupt lawyer or politician. Others might be attracted to a human host that is already rotten, like a street thug, gang member or some such like. Another example would be perhaps a serial killer. A Demon would happily take such a host and carry on the crimes to a much more severe degree.

Other demons, mostly lesser ones, are simply greedy creatures, who like to devour humans. Nothing is more delicious than a human with power such as a demon hunter or Nephilim. As such lesser demons are attracted to such things. Since Karyu has not realised his hidden power, he would be considered a delicious meal with low risk. Easy pickings, so to speak. Hideaki-sensei is a clever man who is well aware of this, but his moral compass can be a bit squint at times, so he's not above using Karyu as bait, hence the detention, and instructing his loyal Student Council to patrol the school at night. His plan is to lure the demon somewhere away from the public eye, and he suspects that the demon having contact with Karyu, means that it will inevitably come for him in time.

At this point the Student Council can swoop in and save the day. Or at least that's the plan! You never know...something might go wrong.

Sounds like a good plan... except for the fact that it's going to be 3 guys swooping in to save another guy in distress. Dammit, you were right about this RP devolving into a sausage-fest. >.>

In future plot lines we will fill them with several harems, just for good measure.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0