Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Raine Bell

Ongoing questionnaire yay! *ask me anything*

14 posts in this topic

Howdy y'all! So I'm Raine Bell obviously. Please call me Raine or Bells. Either works actually. I am an Admin on the site. Oh boy. Ok so about me, I'm just your average gal. No tattoos thinking about it though, two piercing in each ear, have a cat named Indiana Jones (Indy for short) and a fat-ass chihuahua named Chloe. I live in Texas, have Puerto Rican blood in me, don't speak Spanish but read and write fairly well, stand at about 5'6" and am a dance major with a education discipline.

As for what I enjoy, I enjoy dancing, writing, reading, the occasional drawing and indulging in fairy tales. Currently obsessed with ABC's Once Upon a Time. New season out September oh my goodness can't wait. RP-wise though I'm a fan of fantasy, romance, sci-fi, and some realistic. My favorites and better RPs are fantasy and romance, so if you ever need a female you can always ask me. To elaborate on my hobbies dancing I've done tribal, hip-hop, jazz, contemporary, ballet, pointe, tap, lyrical, modern, ballroom (waltz, foxtrot, swing, lindy hop), club, county/line dance, Latin ballroom (tango, merengue, bachata, salsa, cha cha), and drill. Looking back that seems like an awful lot no wondering usually everything hurts. Anyway moving on, I do write fantasy stories, haven't sent anything out to be published because well I'm too dang scared but I may get some excerpts up here. Drawings, lets just face it if you ever get to see one I might deny it as mine plain and simple.

As for anything else I don't really know what else there is to say so yeah if there's a question shoot

That's really cool that you're a dancer. I can't say I've ever actually known one. So for going to school for this, do you plan to teach with it (hence the whole education minor), or do you want to do it professional? Sorry if this seems silly, it's just intriguing. I don't know anything about professional dance.

I plan on teaching in the public school district as a drill team instructor. Southern states love their drill teams, and I enjoyed it immensely so yeah and if not that then the back up plan is to teach studio dance

I have never done the rumba, would love to learn that one, aerial dance is another I would love to learn and pole dancing because dang are those women strong.

EDIT: Oh and cultural dances haven't done that

if we can't see your art can we at least see your dancing?

Of course you could see me dancing if anyone had recorded my performances but since no one did...no. And I haven't had a child yet *pokes stomach* yeah no my body would have remembered but I can be you mommy if you want

Absolutely, the name originates from one of my old characters for a private story I was writing at the time. The character's name was Blade Bell; odd I know. Well in the story she was fighter, strong, independent that sort of thing. In the story she had a twin sister named Raine who was shy, quiet, usually too afraid to do anything great. In the end I choose Raine because it's pronounced like rain and that's when I'm most creative.

Rain because I really can't stand the cold. And It can rain during the summer and I'm allowed to play outside. When it's snowing if it ever snow here I get stuck indoors with my crazy family

Dance question: What's the difference between salsa and merengue?

The merengue is more similar to a march like style. there is the constant weight transference from one foot to the other. The salsa on the other hand is a three step basic, ladies starting back with the right foot. The basic is that you step back left transfer the weight to your left foot which is still beneath you then you bring your right foot back forward to the home stance or both feet under. Then this basic step is repeated forward.

Also their differences lie in the music. The merengue starts on one or the downbeat, salsa however may start on one which is the down beat or may start on two which is the backbeat. More popularly known as the west-coast style is the salsa that breaks on one, east coasts breaks on two maintaining the steps as how they were done historically.

Lastly salsa originates from Cuban dance, merengue is Dominican.