ReigaGiou

R D.Gray-Man(Private for HerculeHastings)

17 posts in this topic

As a soft fluttering snow was seen falling down within the city, Christmas was close and people were already celebrating. Even within the exorcist head quarters things were put up for festive cheer. As the gates to the order were opening a young looking red head girl and a taller man were seen walking in the place. "Man I'm freezing my butt off hey brother make yourself useful and go get us something warm to drink said the girl to the older male. Chris raised his eyebrow at his sister and Reina said, "What is it?" "You forgot something after asking." Said Chris. The response he got was an elbow rammed into his gut she said, "Fine please there happy?" "The please would have been just alright on its own..." Said Chris trying to catch his breath. "Cut the theatrics out I barely hit you." Said Reina as they rounded the corner. They were about to walk through the main hall way when a sudden noise was heard that made them both freeze. "You hear that?" Asked Reina. "I think I did.... where's it coming from." Said Chris looking around. "MBFPHTH!!!" Was heard from above their heads and Reina and her brother looked up and saw someone all tangled up in christmas lights hanging upside down on the rafters. "Ok... well who the hell is that up there?" Asked Elena. "It's Lavi he's the third victim today alone." Said a male's voice and another younger male came walking up. He then looked at Chris and noticed the guy just eying him. "What is there something on my face boy?" "No... Hakurei there isn't... I just can't get used to seeing you look as young as we are. You're one freaky person that's all I got to say." Said Chris rubbing his head. So what do you mean that lump up there is the third victim today? Is someone going around attacking people?†Asked Reina looking at Hakurei. “Just the chief up to his antics again. He has his contraction handing out candy canes. So if a robot offers you one don’t refuse it otherwise you’ll be joining the poor sap above our heads.†Said Hakurei. “Damn I swear Komui is trying to kill us he really needs to be tied to his office chair.†Said Chris. “I think it’s funny thats the idiot finally got it oh thanks for the heads up Hakurei.†Said Reina walking off with a wave. “Your sister is something Chris...†Said Hakurei. The halls suddenly shook and a loud scream was heard and Hakurei grabbed Chris ducking out of sight. Seeing a person run by screaming as Komui’s demented robot was chasing him down. Hakurei said, “I’ve had enough of this we need to take it out you with me?†He asked and Chris swallowed a knot seeing ornament bombs being flung at the poor victim. “Honestly don’t you kids these days have any guts?†Asked Hakurei. “Shut it old man I just got back from a dud of a mission fight it yourself.†Said Chris frowning. “Fine then who needs you anyways.†Said Hakurei shaking his head and he came out of hiding. He then went up behind the robot as it had finished adding another hanging victim and used his metal fist and smash it yet the attack was useless. “Shit!!†Cursed Hakurei turning to run for it but a christmas light whip grabbed his ankle and he was jerked up with a loud scream. “Put me down you worthless piece of scrap metal!!!†Yelled Hakurei swinging at it but not even so much as able to land a hit.

Jujia had been in the Headquarters of the Black Order for a week now, having transferred here recently to the Asia Branch. There was a bit of a culture shock at first, with everyone speaking English, for one, and also the strange antics of the Black Order head, Komui. It had been whispered around the Science Department that Komui was making yet another Komurin (she had no idea why everybody was nervous at that) and was determined to find out what it was like.

And of course, what could go wrong with Christmas in the air? The Chinese woman strode confidently, her arms swinging by her sides. She had donned a red-and-green dress for the occasion, a yellow star-shaped hairclip pinning her long fringe to the side of her brown hair. There were fir leaves dangling from the ceiling beams, shiny balls (she had forgotten the correct name for them) and stars. And then a… person?

“Put me down you worthless piece of scrap metal!!!â€

That was one of the Exorcists! She couldn’t quite remember his name. Was it… Hakurei? Yes, Hakurei, that was it. But was he the victim of some kind of prank? He was hanging by his ankle, tied to a Christmas light whip. Jujia liked pranks, and looked around for the perpetrator. What she saw instead made her gulp. There was a handful of other victims, also hanging by Christmas decorations, and a vicious-looking robot surveying the damage! The infamous Komurin!

She knew she needed to avoid the robot’s line of sight. With a light jump, she sidestepped to the robot’s blind spot, waiting for it to move away before holding out her hand in a clenched fist. A flicker of black enveloped her fist and materialised into a dark scythe, her anti-Akuma weapon. She held it horizontally, letting the scythe thin and snake its way up to the Christmas light whip. Sharp jagged edges appeared on one side, which hacked with one cut at the trap and released Hakurei.

“Oh no, I think the robot’s looking in this direction now!†she whispered, her heart beating with a surge of battle thrill. “I don’t have the time to release everybody else. Why’s it trapping you anyway? I thought it’s supposed to be a Christmas robot, here to bring festive cheer! I know, how about this? I hold this thing off, while you go back and tell Komui quickly that his robot’s gone dysfunctional?â€

She held her ground, gripping her scythe tensely. This was her first fight since her arrival to Britain. She wasn’t sure at all what the robot would do!

The robot wheeled up towards her and she took a deep breath, her eyes sparkling, raising her scythe in preparation…

“Hullo!†chimed the robot cheerfully, catching her totally by surprise. “Merry Christmas! Would you like a candy cane?â€

It held up an ordinary-looking candy cane. She eyed it unblinkingly for a long time. Was this some kind of trap? Was she supposed to… refuse?

Hakurei grabbed her hand and yelled, "Just run!!!" He made a mad dash down the hall and Komurin suddenly said, "Scrooge alert! Scrooge alert!" It started chasing them down whipping it's Christmas lights everywhere all while tossing ornament bombs and swinging a candy cane sword at them.

Seeing another person appear Hakurei yelled, "Get out of the line of fire Walker!!!" Allen who had come down with a cold hadn't been seen much froze hearing that. Turning around his eyes went wide and he screamed bolting back into his room the door slamming shut.

By now they had circled the area six times till a voice yelled, "DUCK YOU TWO!!!" Hakurei grabbed Jujia and dove down just as six shots were heard fired off. Chris who had enough already was hitting it with his anti akuma weapon. Though it had no effect at all and Chris was worried why it wasn't. "Dammit what is this thing made of!!!" Yelled Chris and Hakurei started bashing it up too.

"Chris don't you fire raw energy it should be doing something!" Said Hakurei. "Yes it should what the hell is wrong with my weapon!" Said Chris pissed off. Both guys leaped back as Christmas lights were whipped right at them. Landing on the railing Chris said, "Shit is there not even one weak point on this thing!! I am going to kill Komui when I see him!!" "Hey kids move outta the way!" Yelled a voice and they got to the side just as once of the science team members sprayed it down with a hose and Komurin froze and everyone ducked as it exploded.

"Thank god it's destroyed..." Said Chris slumping down and Hakurei heaved him up saying, "You don't train enough I should be the one keeling over about now considering my age..." Hakurei then walked over to Jujia saying, "Sorry about that just didn't want you to be another decoration victim is all."

“Wh-what?†Jujia had no time to react as Hakurei grabbed her by the hand and tore down the corridor at top speed. She quickly retracted her scythe before losing her grip on it, for the robot was chasing them down, its speed greatly matching their frenzied efforts. Chris, another Exorcist whom she had not spotted earlier, was firing off a few rounds on the Komurin, but for some reason it wasn’t working at all. That thing sure was durable! She considered trying with her scythe to help him out, but a member of the Science Department – the ever resourceful, efficient, elusive bunch – shot out with a water hose, glasses glinting.

"Hey kids move outta the way!" With a whoosh, a jet of water shot out of the mouth of the hose. Jujia let out a yelp and ducked. When she raised her head again, there was only the sound of sizzling. The Komurin had turned into a smouldering heap.

"Sorry about that just didn't want you to be another decoration victim is all," Hakurei said as he walked over to her. She beamed and picked herself up.

“That… might’ve been fun too,†she answered with a laugh. “But just what is that thing meant for? It tried giving me a candy cane earlier.†She addressed this question to the Science Department member now, for he seemed to know a lot more about the robot, and Komui’s useless inventions in general. “It might’ve hurt someone.â€

"Just another one of our chief's unwanted inventions if you see another just get out of dodge or be traumatized." Said the man in the white coat as he dropped the hose kicking the remains of Komurin off to the side. "Your new to the order aren't you asked Hakurei looking to Jujia. "She must be or maybe this place is so big I just didn't see her.." Said Chris. "MY INVENTION!!!" Cried a familiar voice and Chris popped off a round right into Komui's forehead and the chief fell over in a daze twitching.

"You might want to take him to his office I shot him with a hard core tranquilizer." Said Chris to the other man in the white coat. "Where did you get that from and into your gun of all things?" Asked Hakurei. "Joel of course the man is a good doctor I say. He's also new to the Order so all I said is I needed something to put the chief in his place and he gave me a bullet." Said Chris laughing.

After Komui was dragged off Chris said, "Well I'm off for some food see you later Hakurei oh and you miss." Chris gave a wink at Jujia before heading off to the dining hall. "I could use some spiced tea feel free to join us I can show you where the dining hall is." Said Hakurei looking to Jujia smiling. "MPHTHH MPHTHH!!" Cried Lavi seen hopping along still bound tight in Christmas lights. "Oh alright Lavi hold on." Said Hakurei as he snapped the lights off Lavi. Once the idiot was untied Lavi grinned saying, "Thanks I gotta run otherwise gramps will kill me!" He then dashed off after that.

“Yes, I’m new,†said Jujia brightly, cocking her head to the side. “My name’s Kuang Ju Jia. I’ve been transferred over from the Asia Branch, but Komui didn’t introduce me formally to everyone. Not yet, anyway, perhaps he’ll do so during the Christmas party, or I will.â€

“Oh, but I’m no stranger to the job,†she was quick to add. “I’ve been an Exorcist for 5 years and counting. How about you? In any case I’ve seen all kinds of Akuma on my travels. The Komurin’s something that’s new to me, though. I ought to visit Komui someday and ask him how it was made…â€

“Oh, and of course I’d love to join you!†she told Hakurei specifically. “What’s spiced tea, though? I’ve been to India, and drunk some of their tea, and also had the ginger tea of China. Which of them is this so-called spice tea? Oh, and I’ve explored many parts of the Order when I visited. I know many of the rooms by heart already.†She beamed proudly and placed her hands on her hips, quite sure of herself.

“But yes, you can always give me a tour. There may be some stuff I haven’t found out on my own. Oh, by the way, since you know the arrangements of this place well, do you know when we usually get our first mission? I'm really eager to show my skills. It's been a few days already and I'm stuck here quite bored."

"Oh the tea is something seasonal is all its called pumpkin spice." Said Hakurei smiling. Though he laughed seeing all the energy she had as he said, "I've been here for three years believe it or not Chris and his sister were the ones to recover me. I'm a parasite user and was one since I was born. I might look young now but in reality I'm sixty five years old and my innocence stayed dormant till a few years ago." Said Hakurei as they entered the dining hall.

Once he placed an order for the tea for her and him and some food for himself. He had just set the six plates he had gotten down when a voice was heard yelling, "Dammit Walker you got snot on my new coat!!" Reina was holding Allen by his shirt collar. Hakurei was about to step in but Chris came running up and yanked the two apart as they glared at each other. "Honestly does it always have to be a pissing contest between you two! Reina... the coat can be washed and Allen go back to bed before you give everyone else your cold." Said Chris firmly. "Well excuse me for wanting to eat something. I can't help it I'm sick you know..." Said Allen.

"Then you need to see Joel he's a good doctor and is new to the Order. He'll fix you up some medicine to tackle that cold..." Said Chris. "Squabbles as always..." Said Hakurei softly. Hearing the call for their tea he said, "Ah one moment Jujia." He went to get it and came back pouring a cup for himself and her adding two cubes of sugar in each." "Try it you'll really love it." Said Hakurei smiling at her.

All at once there was another new girl in the canteen, someone Jujia had never met. She was quarrelling with the boy known as Allen Walker. Jujia knew Allen. He had come to the Asia Branch once to mend his Innocence after taking some nasty damage from it. She hadn’t talked to him while over there, for her quarters were on the other side of the building, and Bak had not wanted too many people to know about him or interact with him. She had earned a high degree of respect for him though, as many people in the Asia Branch did.

“So many people I don’t know,†she said to Hakurei as she pressed the cup to her lips. “And oh this tea is eccentric, but good!â€

She had always loved pumpkin, but had never tried pumpkin spice, or had it with tea. It was a soupy, sticky texture, but coupled with the sugar it was deliciously refreshing. She took a few more sips, made a mental note to drink this every morning, and turned to Hakurei again.

“Would you mind giving me a lowdown on all the people in Headquarters?†she asked. “I know some of the people, like Allen and Lavi and Komui, and I’ve read about Lenalee and Kanda in the files, but I don’t know you people so well. You and Chris, and that Reina girl. Who’re you and how did you get into the Order?â€

"I don't know too much I know Chris and Reina are siblings and were both brought here at the same time. It was sad really they came from a farm which was destroyed by the Akuma at the time. I believe Chris said that was about when Reina was just thirteen at the time and he was her legal guardian. As for myself my Innocence lay dormant for nearly sixty five years. I was born a parasite user and it didn't surface until about a year ago and that's when I was brought here." Said Hakurei.

"Hakurei, Jujia, Reina, and Chris you mind coming with me." Called out Reever over the chatter and Hakurei stood up saying, "Must be mission time let's go Jujia." Said Hakurei as he walked out. As the four stood in Komui's office Chris was on edge and trying his best not to strangle the man thanks to the robot incident.

"Alright what's the deal is this really that bad to have the four of us called?" Asked Reina. "It is I'll explain this as simple as I can. We have another accommodater who needs to be brought in. The reason I brought you four in is because the sheer number of Akuma in the area is a lot. There's a mix between level one's two's and three's out there. The newly found exorcist is a woman who happens to be barricaded up in a school building with the finders trying to hold the akuma off. You need to move fast and bring her and the innocence back at all costs. Your destination is Berlin in Germany everything you need to know is in this folder. May you come home safe." Said Komui handing it to Hakurei.

After that they were shoved out of the office and Hakurei said, "Quickly you guys let's get a move on." "Damn that Komui always making us rush." Grumbled Reina as they left the order. "Jujia you going to be alright on this mission?" Asked Hakurei looking to the woman.

“Oh, I see, your Innocence lay dormant for 65 years. Yeah my Innocence was dormant for a while too- wait,†Jujia paused, noticing what she was saying. “65 years? That’s… a really long time. How can you possibly-?†She looked closely at Hakurei. He had flawless skin and fabulous features, his pearly-white teeth shimmering as he grinned. How could such a person have lived for more than 6 decades? Unless…

“Oh yes, I got it!†she declared. “You’re a vampire like Krory!â€

Before Hakurei could either confirm or deny her hypothesis, though, Squad Leader Reever called them to the Head’s Office. A mission! Speak of the devil. Jujia followed the other 3 Exorcists excitedly into the room, eager to explore more of the European region too.

“We have another Accommodator who needs to be brought in. The reason I brought you four in is because the sheer number of Akuma in the area is a lot. There's a mix between level one's two's and three's out there. The newly found exorcist is a woman who happens to be barricaded up in a school building with the finders trying to hold the Akuma off. You need to move fast and bring her and the innocence back at all costs. Your destination is Berlin in Germany everything you need to know is in this folder.â€

Germany! Jujia was already thinking of the German food she was going to try after defeating the Akuma. Level 3 Akuma were certainly no match for her! Sure, she had not encountered many of them, but she was sure that with her Synchro rate, her scythe would face no problem. And this was why when Hakurei kindly asked if she was alright, she took that as an insult.

“You bet I’ll be more than alright! I’ve got my baggage all packed for this day! I’ll just get it down right now.†Her scythe materialised in her hand, and she spun it in her hand before setting it down on the floor with a thud.

The journey to Berlin was by train, as was convention. Jujia certainly relished being in a first-class carriage again. The Asia Branch was not as rich as Headquarters, and Bak did not always let his Exorcists take first class. After she was satisfied with the position of her baggage, she decided to continue the intriguing conversation with Hakurei about his age. She walked up to his compartment and opened the door, expecting to find Hakurei. Instead, she found an old man sitting inside.

“Er, hold on… this compartment belongs to my comrade. May I know who you are?†she asked hesitantly.

"Hey Hakurei got you something to eat if you're still hungry." Said Chris as he came in holding up a bag. "Ah perfect I'll save it for later." Said Hakurei and he smiled at Jujia saying, "Well what are you waiting for Jujia come on inside." "Not without me!" Said Reina as she came in and plopped down next to her brother. She snatched a bag away from him and said, "Barely got to eat anything I'm still hungry."

"Sweets before a mission you'll gain weight again sister." Teased Chris and he got knocked off his seat with a yelp when she clobbered him. "You kids these days and your energy what I'd give to be your ages again." Said Hakurei as he heaved Chris to his feet.

"Careful old man you'll throw your back out." Said Chris grinning again and he was released and landed on his  ass with a yelp. "Ow you old geezer that hurt!" Whined Chris loudly. "Oh suck it up you baby your ass is just fine. Oh pardon my language by the way." Said Hakurei. Everyone started laughing after that.
---------------------
Back in Berlin things were in a complete disarray at this point it was as if the whole city was a disaster now. As the akuma rampaged the area the finders kept moving the so called accomodator. The young woman who was in her early thirties was shaking. Every time she heard another victim scream she was tempted to give herself up. "Please.... make it stop..." She whimpered as she held the old relic close to her.

"Miss Yue please have faith our exorcists will be here soon and then those who died will not be in vain." Whispered the finder. Yue nodded and thought to herself, "Please... if there really is a god... please help us survive this!"

As the Noah who sat on the roof of a building was playing with a deck of cards he had watched all this. He just smirked and an akuma came rushing up saying, "Lord Tyki we can't seem to find them anywhere. They've hidden themselves good!" "Then try harder I won't allow any failures you hear me?" Said Tyki and the akuma rushed off. "Soon the exorcists will be here and then things will be really fun." Tyki muttered to himself.

"Well what are you waiting for Jujia come on inside,†the old man said to her.

She stared at him, still hesitant to move, even as Chris and Reina tore out bags of snacks and shared them with him. Did they not see that this wasn’t the Hakurei they knew? And what with Hakurei making jokes about age…

“Wait, so let me get this straight.†She was a little annoyed that nobody was bothering to clear up her confusion. “You’re actually an old man, with some ability to make yourself look young? Is that your anti-Akuma equipment? So what does it actually do? And gosh, I feel deeply cheated.†Her feeling of cheatedness did not last long, though, and she soon sat next to the group again, eager to hear a more detailed explanation of this new ability. It was quite cool, and certainly made for a good prank.

"I never cheated you Jujia the form you saw me in is what I looked forty years ago. I sure was a handsome devil wasn't I. Beside that I keep myself in that form to see how long I can last my Innocence let's me get physical when in that form." Said Hakurei as he smiled and grabbed the bag from Chris and pulled out a few sweets cramming them down.

After a good hour and half train ride they had to hop off the train as it was going by. The finder with them as they were running said, "We must make haste quickly I lost contact with the team that was with the new found exorcist just now." "NO STOP IT LEAVE THEM ALONE!!!!" They heard a woman scream. Chris wasted no time and drew his gun yelling, "Innocence activate!"

Firing off six shots the akuma who had Yue and the finders surrounded went down and Yue was being shielded by the finders. Sitting up as her eyes went wide Yue just sat there covered in the blood of the men who protected her till the very end. Chris came running up along with Reina. "Damn that was cutting it close so many died though!" Said Chris furious as he nailed down the akuma. Reina slashed through three at once with her claymore and Hakurei landed next to Yue saying, "I'll trust you three to clear out the trash and I'll guard her till it's safe to get her out of here."

Jujia bit her lip. All too often the Exorcists would arrive too late, and the carnage had already happened. The woman who had been shielded by all their Finders was probably the Accommodator they were searching for. Jujia went up to her.

“Don’t be scared,†she whispered. “We’re here now. Everything will be just fine. Innocence, activate!†She held out her hand and her scythe appeared again, this time gleaming in the light of the moon. Her eyes narrowed as she surveyed the mass of Akuma, most of them Level 1.

“We’re here now, and it’s your turn to be scared!†she declared, running up to them. The top half of her scythe turned into a puff of black smoke, trailing from the bottom half, up to a group of Akuma. When it reached their level, it turned solid again, its sharp end slashing through the group at one go. There were a lot, but there should be enough Exorcists to handle it. She leaped up toward a courageous Akuma, which had floated up close, and lowered her scythe down at the top of its head. It exploded into two.

“How’s everyone else doing?†she turned around to see if anyone needed help.

Reina was suddenly flung and went slamming up against the wall and above their heads Chris was seen thrashing as he had the life choked out of him by none other then Tyki. "Such a shame really... I expected more out of you exorcists... Or are you that heavily weakened since your precious home got trashed." Said Tyki as he gripped the boy by his throat.

"Bastard... burn in hell!" Choked out Chris and he lifted his gun up and shot point blank in Tyki's face. "The hell I didn't even see Chris get snagged up by him." Said Hakurei. The smoke had cleared and Tyki was unharmed. "STOP IT LET HIM GO!!" Yelled Yue jerking away from Hakurei.

"Hey don't be foolish he'll kill you too!!" Said Hakurei. "You think I don't know that! Now let him go and take me I'll come willingly!" Cried Yue loudly. Tyki jumped off the building with Chris still in his grip and floated down. Landing in front of Yue Hakurei got in front of her  but she pushed past him. "Smart woman..." Said Tyki tossing Chris aside. "Don't do it!" Yelled Hakurei. "Stay out of this!" Yue yelled at Hakurei glaring.

"Hand it over the item you have." Said Tyki holding out his hand and Yue held out the relic that was her innocence shaking quite hard. Though as Tyki reached for it a gun shot went off and his arm was blown clear off. Chris sat up breathing heavily as he said, "How dare you... Are you that much afraid you'll give yourself up without a care in a world! You realize by doing so all the people here who died to protect would be for nothing! You're a horrible woman but even so it's our duty to bring you back!"

Jujia tried to keep the rest of the Akuma off the group as they dealt with Tyki. She finished off most of the nearby weak Level 1s and 2s just in time to turn and see Tyki reaching for Yue's relic, and having his arm blown off.

Tyki was wounded, but being a Noah it would take more than losing an arm to stop him. They didn't expect him to be there either - this was an ambush, they had to take Yue and get away before more Akuma swarmed on them.

Jujia ran toward Tyki, her scythe aiming at his legs. With a flick of her arm the blade lengthened and crashed along the ground, sending some gravel tumbling in all directions. Tyki was on guard now though and jumped over it.

It didn't matter though, she was just trying to stall him for a moment, as she ran forward and grabbed Yue by the arm.

"I'll get Yue out of here, buy us some more time!" she yelled to the others, pulling Yue along and trying to run away back to the train.

Tyki suddenly shot after the two and Yue screamed, "NO STOP IT LEAVE US ALONE!!!" A blinding flash went off and a barrier came up Tyki's attack bouncing off it." Both Tyki and Yue along Jujia were sent flying back from each other. Tumbling to the ground with Jujia Yue just lay there wincing. Tyki went in for another attack but several more barriers popped up out of nowhere. 

Each time he hit another barrier would appear blocking the attack aimed at Yue and Jujia. "HEY YOU!!!" Yelled a voice behind him and Chris was charging up his strongest attack. "SCORCHING BULLET!!" Screamed Chris and he gun went off with a loud bang. The attack that came at Tyki was none other then a big ball of blazing fire. Yue cired and covered her head shaking.

Tyki flashed out of the way and another barrier came up blocking the attack that nearly decimated the area. "I suppose I'll take my leave..." Said Tyki disappearing  and Reina destroyed the last of the Akuma. "Reina you didn't tell me your brother was a critical hitter!" Cried Hakurei actually freaked out. "Well yeah he's at that class and what's it to you?" Asked Reina. "Because he leveled half the town!" Said Hakurei. Chris went down with a thud and it seemed their fight had ended.