Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ack!

that girl's art

20 posts in this topic

so i figure i'm doing everything in my power to not do work right now... so here's some art.

click pictures for BIGGER pictures.

and no i have no idea what you're talking about. i'm not obsessed with digimon.

tumblr_msmxeaipri1r5hezjo2_500.jpg tumblr_msmxh83RqI1r5hezjo1_500.png tumblr_msospt1yze1r5hezjo1_500.jpg  tumblr_msu5ol2B2O1r5hezjo2_500.jpg tumblr_mti6t8LDrM1r5hezjo1_500.jpg tumblr_mtnxpyEGQs1r5hezjo1_500.jpg

tumblr_mtz0pa1a171r5hezjo1_500.pngtumblr_mw2oa5UVad1r5hezjo1_500.jpg tumblr_mw4qmv5Sj81r5hezjo1_500.jpg tumblr_mw6llkgEVb1r5hezjo1_500.jpg

1 person likes this

man.

dat vectoring skill

so detailed e_e

You do branding work too?

(re: your Top Cut piece)

Thanks. I love vector artwork so much. It's just so time consuming, I don't do it very often.

Yes, I do branding as well. I went to school for graphic design, although I'm currently (strictly) a front end developer. I miss designing. So it was really cool that after I won the playmat competition, the Top Cut then asked me to rebrand them at the same time (I had made them the mascot, and they loved him so much they wanted him on the logo too). Needless to say, I was super excited to do it, as I don't get the opportunity to do stuff like that at work. I'm currently trying to get the ball rolling on redesigning their website as well.

And what the hell is shounen-ai? ;P

Shounen-Ai means Boys' Love in Japanese. So, you know, yaoi. Dudes loving dudes. That kinda thing.

Nice art, anyway. I wish I had the patience to draw that well.

I'm in need of some critique and second opinions.

This is a logo design I'm working on. I'm not attaching the name of the site because I want to see if you guys can make out what the shape is supposed to be without the context. I'm very much in love with this design, but want to have some ammo to back up my claims when I refute the changes that are being asked to be made. Am I just too attached to this? Help me in self validation!

post-1-0-84851400-1406285595_thumb.png

Looks like a cube to me. Like its simplicity.

Looks like a box/cube to me too, with a star on it's lid?

It didn't look boxxie (nehehehe) to me first, but now I see it. it seemed like a Star Trek icon first.

Maybe a small line in the middle could help the box-feel if it's what you are aiming for. Or differend shades for the two sides

Bah. I guess maybe I need to go back to the drawing board. -_- *heartbroken~~*

I was happy enough with some of you seeing a box, but Star Trek is coming in as too many votes at this point.

Here's the context:

post-1-0-91094400-1406294274_thumb.jpg

The V shape is supposed to represent Victini, who has a card in the card game that lets you reflip the result of a coin (or dice). The ability is called "Victory Star" (same as in the video game). They were coming up with ideas that had to do with cards that dealt with luck (basically, the card having an effect if the result was heads)--so I really liked the idea of using the essence of Victini to create the dice.

But I guess if I need to explain it (to even get the concept of it being a box shape), then it just doesn't work. T_T

Sorry us filthy peasants can't see the genius of your glorious drawing D:

I now realize this sounds a bit insulting, it isn't meant to be...

ΩGJ Fake Asura

What if you replaced the star on top with six dots, so the box becomes a d6 dice? Perhaps that might make it more obvious.

1 person likes this

Haha! You're fine. I realize I'm just being pretentious... I really do think it has a great idea and theme behind it--executed very well, if I don't say so myself... But it needs explanation, and that's just no good.

I could change it to 6 pips, and that might help. I'll have to see. I think I just need to scrap it and try again. :(

Thanks for all your input, guys! :D

How did I not see this thread before? Is that Rasputin? :D

:D That game is so awesome!

I totally wanna play it again!

Good times, good times...

Now that I know it's a dice it totally looks like a box to me. I am such a plebe. |:

edit: I MEAN JABRONI.

2 people like this