Sunset

Hi, friends~

23 posts in this topic

If we're not friends yet - let's change that! 

I'm Sunset (Sunset Blue on the previous forums). You can call me Sunny if you want. Writing is something I really love, and roleplaying is how I got started years and years ago. I haven't given it a shot in a long while due to crippling writer's block, but I'm hoping a fresh new environment here at Surreality will give me a bit of inspiration. C: I look forward to seeing some new members, characters, and roleplays around here! 

Also, tell me your birthday. ♥ 

1 person likes this

sunset ilu bb

my birfday is May 29th 1991 an I was born at like 3:30 in the afternoon TELL ME WHAT YOU KNOW

For half a second I wondered why you were asking about birthdays. And then I remembered you're the one who obsessively dabbles in that arcane practice. Also I'm going to call you Sonny, the way an old man might be like "now listen here sonny jim".

I think the two of us ought to set up some occult shop where everything's decorated in obscenely lavish colors. Suns, moons, stars. Jewels and precious stones. And then we can eat sandwiches at the tarot table 'cause no one is as interested in this shit as we are so we'll never have any business.

Heya Sunset!  Nice to see you're still around. ^^

I, too, have high hopes for breaking my old writer's block.  Here's wishing the best of luck to the both of us!

(Jan. 22, 1989, btw...  incidentally at 3:03 PM on Super Bowl Sunday)

1 person likes this

That's exactly who I am, Dee Dee. Oh, and I'm going to call you Dee Dee, the way Dexter might say "Dee Dee! Get out of my laboratory!" Also, you didn't state your birthday. I feel like I knew your sign once upon a time but I can't recall. 

LOKI I forgot you were a Gemini O: For a second I thought the 29th might be on the cusp with Taurus, but it's not. Gemini is the mutable air sign (as opposed to cardinal or fixed), meaning they're more easily inclined to follow others' leads than the other two, and maybe a little more easily influenced by others. Geminis think a lot and they're usually pretty intellectual and talkative. Secretive or deceptive, though, sometimes. But in my experiences they have good senses of humor and are lots of fun to be around~~ 

Also, your birth time is definitely relevant, but without where you were born as well, moon and rising signs can't be determined. :c 

@Nikkia

HEY SWEET CHEEKS, fancy meetin you here~ 

@Kou 

Oh, hell yes. Don't worry, we can lure in customers with the sandwiches. And... cookies. COOKIES IN SUN/MOON/STAR SHAPES. YEAH. LET'S DO IT. 

EDIT 

Thanks, Asura!! It's good to see you, too! :D Och, January 22nd is definitely on the cusp. Wiiiith Capricorn. That's a pretty strange mixture. Aquarius is a lot more free-spirited and relaxed than Capricorn. Aquarius is one of my favorite signs, though, they're all super weird and unique and I love it~ 

ohmigosh I was born in CT, is that enough info~? GIVE ME MORE I HUNGER FOR PERSONAL INSIGHT

Weeeeeeeell Im told I'm a rather strange person, so that seems quite fitting...   I definitely gotta talk with ya more about Astrology and all that. I'm finding it fascinating. Been wanting to learn how to read Tarot cards too, if only for the "novelty," so to speak.  

That's exactly who I am, Dee Dee. Oh, and I'm going to call you Dee Dee, the way Dexter might say "Dee Dee! Get out of my laboratory!" Also, you didn't state your birthday. I feel like I knew your sign once upon a time but I can't recall. 

Dee Dee... fine, you win this round, Sunny.

I didn't state because indeed we went over it in ages of old, but since YOU CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER MY BIRTHDAY I'LL GO CRY LIKE A LITTLE GIRL NOW. It's June 29 by the way.

Weeeeeeeell Im told I'm a rather strange person, so that seems quite fitting...   I definitely gotta talk with ya more about Astrology and all that. I'm finding it fascinating. Been wanting to learn how to read Tarot cards too, if only for the "novelty," so to speak.  

I actually learned tarot cards a couple months ago from a friend, and got a set. It's not something I can remember without a guidebook sitting in front of me though, so I hesitate to say "learned".

Loki, for some reason I was expecting to find some earth in one of these signs but NOPE. More air and some fire. Now, moon and rising signs both change every couple hours - my moon sign book is lost in storage somewhere BUT if the internet can be trusted, only your rising sign would be different if you're more than an hour off of that 3.30 estimate. 

Anyway, your moon sign is Sagittarius and your rising sign is Libra! (Note: I like to describe moon signs as representing a person's "inner" or emotional personality, 'how they are on the inside', whereas rising sign indicates someone's "shell", their outer mannerisms and how they're perceived by others.) Sagittarius is another bubbly sign, almost moreso than Gemini. They're the Zodiac's adventurers~ That's another mutable sign, as well, making them slightly naive/overly trusting but certainly not dumb. They're playful and sometimes just generally restless but they have an unexpected philosophical side. I guess it's because they're one of the "older" signs (i.e. closer to the end of the cycle). 

Aaand LIBRA, that makes sense for your rising sign, I think. Libra is the cardinal air sign, aka the "leader", the one who's much more inclined to take the initiative. Libras are pretty complex. (Or maybe I just think so because they're my opposite sign. I've struggled to understand them my whole life. I only know, like, 1000 of them.) I know this is a typical thing said about Libras, but they're a little obsessed with being fair and logical, and they don't like to make hasty decisions. Actually, they hate making decisions in general. They're horribly indecisive. Anyway, they're very personable and charming, I think, but they don't like to share a lot of personal information or give too much of themselves. To me you come off much more like a Libra than a Gemini. c: 

@Asura, feel free to PM me about it if you want! C: Those are two of my favorite things to talk about, so I wouldn't mind chatting at all. 

(my introduction thread always turns into astrologytalk) (I love it) 

EDIT 

Dee Dee, of course you're going to cry like a little girl. You're a Cancer. (sorry ack and Wahad wherever you are) (don't cry I didn't mean it) 

Also yeah, it takes a while to memorize the meanings of the cards, but after you get in the swing of things, certain ones will start to stick in your memory. I always have one of my books with me when I do a reading, 'cause yeah, I don't have ALL of them memorized. : P

I was born July 22 1989, Cancer cusp I believe, also an earth element snake in the chinese zodiac or something. I dunno. I forget. Apparently despite the cusp thing I'm a classic Cancer! I wouldn't know though as I dont look into it much. the girl in the daily newspaper always says im having a financial crisis or moving house or finding new love (the newspaper psychic thinks i'm some kind of playa)

Ninja Edit: OH yeah, Welcome back Sunny! ^_^

1 person likes this

Welcome back Sunny! So nice to have you back on the forums again!! I'm a Taurus, born may 12th!!

tumblr_m3blt7YIO71qiz1vfo1_500.gif

Welcome back dearie. It's good to see you again. I'm an Aquarius, February 4th 1991 but a horse in Chinese zodiac because of the Chinese new years that year was I think the 18th. What does birthtime have to do with it though?

I would give you my information but I'm pretty sure you already know that I'm awesome.

It's Kels! :D <3 Welcome back!

Oh, I want to be astrologicalized (trademark do not steal). Birthday is July 13th, 1987. :)

Awww, warm welcomes ♥ ♥ Thanks a lot, you guys!! 

@Kyo 

Yeahhh that's definitely on the cusp, hahaha. Generally if someone's birthday is near the 20th, they're on the cusp. The dates vary a bit, though, of course, it's usually like a four to.. sssix? day period. Everyone kinda has a different opinion on it. Cancer/Leo cusp though - that's pretty sizzlin'. (geddit? cause.. water and fire? yeah. I'll stop.) 

@Valentine 

Thanks dude~~ A Taurus, huh? Taureans are cool, I don't know very many of them. They sort of mystify me, tbh. o: Actually, all earth signs do. I just don't get them. 

@Raine

Another Aquarius! C: How wonderful. Honestly, I don't know a whole lot about the Chinese Zodiac - at least, not nearly as much as I do about the Western one. I'm a Water Rooster, myself. To answer your question, though - moon signs in particular are determined by the position of the moon when you're born. Given that the moon moves around pretty quickly, all things considered, the sign it's in changes every couple hours or so. :3 So sometimes the difference between 2pm and 3pm is significant. I have a book that indicates what time the changes are for several decades but I don't know where it is ;-; 

@rubberrazors 

Oh I know a lot of things about you bb B] 

@ack! 

Cancerrr wow I seem to know a lot of you guys. Thing is, Cancer is a water sign, and water's, ah... 'key word', so to speak, is emotion, like fire's might be considered passion and earth's stability - so, largely, water signs tend to be ruled by their emotions. Cancer, however, is the cardinal water sign - the "leader" - and after all the Cancers I've met I've sorta learned they are not to be underestimated. They can get really freakin' fierce, especially where their emotions are concerned. Even if they sometimes overreact to things or are hurt too easily, they're really... they're strong people, without a doubt, and they get shit done. They're also generous nurturers to the extreme and they tend to be home-bodies. Home is where they can completely relax and come out of their shell to stretch. (Otherwise, they stay in that shell like nobody's business.) 

I greet you with love, my enlightened Piscean friend ♥ I saw you said you were on S*T in the past, but I'm not sure we've spoken. Either way, good to meet ya! 

I'm pretty sure I remember you! Heeey

:D

My birthday is 6th January 1988

Aqua Eridan?? 

And hi Pain! I certainly remember you but I'm not sure if we've spoken C: Nice to see you back around!