Sono

CLOSED [Closed] Pantheon: Discussion

54 posts in this topic

[ ROLEPLAY THREAD ]

P L O T
Welcome to Camp Half-Blood Hogwarts Xavier's School for Gifted Youngsters Pantheon Academy.

This isn't your ordinary private high school. Pantheon is a haven for special students with superhuman abilities, because well, these students are a little more than human.

Pantheon students are incarnations of Greek gods.

Y O U
Select from the Greek pantheon of gods. Yes, they're gods, but they're new to their abilities and need some training. They have weaknesses, too. Like the fact that they're teenagers (aaaaahhh!!!). Age is anywhere from 16 to 19. You're a student with a "normal" name (you weren't born with the one-namer Ares, for example). I may play a teaching character just to have someone around for guidance.

O B J E C T I V E S
• Coming to terms with the fact that they're gods and they have mutant godly powers
• High school dramarz
• Greater threats that force them to work together despite differences

T E C H N I C A L
• 4 more people max. Two slots already reserved (see below).
• Express your interest here and a god or gods you may want to play (only one in the end though). Peruse this list if you're at a loss.
• IMPORTANT: Please only sign up if you can post often. I'm tired of waiting a week for posts; I lose interest really fast if no one posts.

Making this short and sweet 'cause people are lazy and I'm looking for a light, fun RP. Need any more details? Then ask away. It's not super fleshed out yet so most stuff is up for molding and changing.

C H A R A C T E R S
1. Apollo - Miel
2. Hades - Meheres
3. Artemis - ErogenousEnigma
4. Hephaestus (Vulcan) - Demonic Gate
5. Ares - Kyo
6. Aphrodite - Pain

Not guaranteed, i'll see what is happening with my RPs in general and work out how many i'm in that are active, etc. But I might be interested. Well, I am interested, its just if I can like, possibly find the time. If I do join, I think i'd like to be Poseidon, but if someone joins after me who specifically wants to be him, then don't hold it for me, I understand.

Name: Dietrich Stauder

Incarnation of Hades

Physical Description:

Dietrich is tall, standing about 6'1â€, and lithe, with pale skin and a well-toned musculature. He has a sharp nose and soft features. His long, layered light blond hair is usually styled partially over his face. Dietrich's eyes are ice blue eyes and frequently outlined in kohl.

Personal Description:

Although he has a practiced social nature, Dietrich is the quiet, intelligent, and introverted type. He tends to spend most of his time alone, and indeed, prefers it that way. He tends to be thoughtful and controlled at best, and arrogant and temperamental at worst. He has never substantially invested in dating around the high school scene, largely uninterested or only half-heartedly committed to other teenagers. He can be socially awkward at times, even through the etiquette training he has received throughout his artistocratic childhood.

Background:

Dietrich is from a wealthy German family. He speaks with only a tinge of a German accent over a lush and articulate Royal English. He is the eldest son and brother to a sister three years his junior and a baby brother currently at six years of age. Most of his life was spent in Germany and little is known about him before he attended this school.

1 person likes this

Hmm, I'm also intrigued and tempted by the role of Aphrodite. 

I'll have a little think about it.

Nice idea, by the way.

I'm gonna do something a little different. Assuming this is okay.

I was thinking I'd have a character being the descendant of both Echidna and a Hecatoncheir, thinking that perhaps Echidna would be my mother, and somewhere down the line, there was a Hecatoncheir in my family.

Would this work?

I am intrigued and would like to take the place of Artemis' youngin', if you'll have me.

Sure. Wonder if our characters will be related in that case? Haha. We'll see!

I'm gonna do something a little different. Assuming this is okay.

I was thinking I'd have a character being the descendant of both Echidna and a Hecatoncheir, thinking that perhaps Echidna would be my mother, and somewhere down the line, there was a Hecatoncheir in my family.

Would this work?

I'm going to say no. I'd rather keep it simple and have straight-up avatars of gods rather than down-the-bloodline characters (who are based on non-god mythological figures).

Sure. Wonder if our characters will be related in that case? Haha. We'll see!

That thought occurred to me too. I'm game if you want. :D

I'll start building a character sheet.

1 person likes this

Alrighty, I have my idea. I'll be the son of Vulcanus, god of fire, smithing, and male fertility!

These aren't children of the gods; they're incarnations of the gods themselves. Just clarifying that in case I was too vague.

Putting this out there: I don't know when we're going to start but if we haven't gained enough commitment, I am claiming Ares as well.

Name:  Rhea

Incarnation of Artemis

Physical Description:

She is just shy of being average in height. She has dark brown eyes so dark that it is difficult to define her pupil from her iris, her naturally thick eyelashes appear as if she were wearing make up, but she's never worn any. Her features are soft as are her curves. Her skin is a rich caramel tone, her hair black and wavy, fluffing down to the middle of her back. Her arms show her strength when intentionally flexed, but she's not muscular, or even toned, her stomach is soft.

Personality Description:

She has a gentle personality, enjoys socializing but can be very shy about engaging new people. Generally, she gets along better with other females and is especially shy around males, above all she loves the company of animals. She's innately affection and this can often come off as flirting, even though she has never had any romantic interests. She is very intuitive and empathetic to those around her, friend or not. 

Background:  

She was born into a fishing village on a remote island that had very little interaction with the rest of the world. Her village was something out of the past, they did not have plumbing or any form of air conditioning other than fans. Most things her village had they made themselves, that included her bow and arrows. Her family were hunters, they spent their days hunting in the forests that secluded their small village. Most people just ate fish that the ocean before them provided, but people were always happy to have a change in tastes from time to time. Their house was small and their possessions few, but she wanted for naught. She spent her days in the forests, communing with animals. It had never occurred to her that her frighteningly perfect aim or her sensitivity to the wild life might be strange until one day she sauntered home a young fox scuttling after her. She hadn't even been aware of it until her father pointed out her little stalker. She took the orphaned fox into her life like a younger sibling. It was a bright day, she was sitting in the woods feeding her companion when a carrier bird circled above her, she raised her arm curiously for the bird to perch upon her forearm, mildly shocked that the strange bird had come so easily. The note it carried was her invitation to the Academy, a week later a ship came to pick her up. Her life moved quickly, the discussion with her parents was heart wrench and many tears were shed, but they encouraged her to take the opportunity, as horrifying as it was for her. 

Name: Volke Stojespal

Incarnation of Vulcanus

Appearance: Volke is a very burly young man, standing a massive 7'2" with a very well built physique. His hair swept back and long down to the middle of his back seems more like a mane than simply hair. He also kept himself nicely shaved otherwise, is hair a very deep blackish red, like deep burning obsidian. He also tends to put on a small amount of eye makeup, eyeliner or eye shadow to  compliment his naturally amber-orange eyes.

Personality: Volke is often the life of the party when he chooses to go. Though sometimes he prefers to simply stay at home and weld something, being a sculptor. He takes great pride in his work and finds it a good escape from the berating he often gets for being openly homo-sexual. He, however, doesn't let it get him down, as he is a fairly cheerful guy. He does sometimes get overly cheerful to hide his true feelings, which often times prove to be his worry of people not accepting him for who he is.

History: Volke is the 8th child of a fairly poor family, being one of the few to survive past the first few years of their life. His family not being able to afford medicinal help and sometimes food for their children, he learned early in his life that life was difficult. He grew quickly while he was young, taking part in a freak show for a short time to help pay for food and shelter for his family, all the while being an apprentice to a welder in the city. He learned quick and soon opened up a shop which saw enough business where he finally got his family out of poverty. When he finally opened up to his family for being gay, everyone accepted it, easily getting past such a simple thing, which simply made him a brave man for telling them. He never really went to school as his family couldn't afford it, so he has a hard time reading and writing, but he's been trying to learn. One day he grabbed his hammer to begin continuing a sculpture he was making, when all of a sudden it burst into great flame in the shape of a massive hammer that scared him deeply. In hoping to understand, he decided to enter into this school that said it could help him understand just what this was, and how to sustain it.

Hope this all checks out.

I am kinda interested in playing Ares atm but I don't wanna step on anyone's toes, since Meheres seems to also be interested. If that's the case I could maybe also try for Dionysus? I could be the life of the party! =P

Mmm. I am gonna bow out before this gets running, so Poseidon is open for definite. I have other commitments and RPs in the works that might have to take precedence but i'll look forward to RPing with you guys in the future. Have fun everyone! 

Kyo, on 09 Dec 2013 - 5:37 PM, said:

I am kinda interested in playing Ares atm but I don't wanna step on anyone's toes, since Meheres seems to also be interested. If that's the case I could maybe also try for Dionysus? I could be the life of the party! =P

It's up to you two to decide. I wanted to keep it to one character per person so you have full claim on Ares right now if you like.

Finally got my profile thing going.

Name: Alexis de Ste-Croix

Incarnation of Apollo

Appearance:

Standing at 6'0" with a svelte, elf-like build, Alexis looks the very picture of classical statues of Apollo (for obvious reasons). With his sleek golden hair grown out to just below his shoulder blades, he is fairly classed as a pretty boy. He boasts strong bone structure and bold brows, beneath which are playful amber eyes.

negl totally was staring at my thranduil wallpaper when thinking this dude up

Personality:

Alexis is gregarious and charming, a typical Gemini. Articulate, with a honeyed voice. One should never mistake his friendliness as a sign that he's a pushover, however; he can be quite strict when it comes down to it, laying down the law with cold reason.

Background:

Alexis was born in Northern France. One of a pair, his older twin sister died during birth. Alexis struggled through a sickly infancy, ultimately gaining strength and becoming an active, athletic child. He was always good in school and had lots of friends, practically the ideal son. He didn't think anything was out of the ordinary for him until Pantheon Academy contacted him. A graduate of the academy, he is now the vice-chancellor and head guidance counselor to the current students.

He is often seen with a raven companion, named Marius.

So there you go. Need any help, come to Apollo's office. :3

Yeah, no. I was impatient and only stating that if there was no interest, I would pick up a second character and it would be Ares.

So by all means, go for it.

Name: Angus Blair
Incarnation of Ares

Appearance: Stands at 5'9'' with a lean athletic build. icy blue eyes and a full head of short, red hair. Angus has a long face with a strong jaw and pronounced cheekbones and thick eyebrows. 

Personality:
Passionate, decisive and fiercely independent. Angus doesn't seek altercation by any means but he is sure to end it when it sees fit to come to him. He is capable and self-sufficient for his age, however, he has trouble with authority. He has a wild streak which has resulted in cheeky banter with those in authority, often getting him into trouble. He sees value in loyalty, confidence and decisiveness and has little time for liars, tricksters and cowards. 

Background:
Angus was born in Kirkcaldy in Fife, on the east coast of Scotland. His father was a fireman in the local station, his mother a teacher at the primary school. Since his youth Angus had lived a very normal life. Despite his tendency to be argumentative at times with his teachers, this only served to encourage his popularity. He quickly became recognized as the local scamp, not really so bad as to be delinquent, but difficult at times. He spent his free hours with his friends playing in the town, and as he grew older they grew tired of football and became more interested in the young women that were emerging and also the liquor that provided him with courage to court them. As is typical of Scottish youth, he is no stranger to underage binge drinking, although often found the alcohol did not have quite the same potency within him as with his friends. Despite his sometimes bad behavior, he managed to scrape through the required 4 years of high school but dropped out at 16 to pursue a joinery apprenticeship. He then quit after only five weeks. After a few years of virtually aimless progression though life Angus had decided to join the army. However before he could enlist he was contacted by Pantheon Academy.

I hope it's okay that my character is Scottish. It's rare that I play a character of my native land but for some reason I quite fancied it!  

Of course it's okay : D

On that note, I didn't set any location for the school 'cause I figured it really doesn't matter. If it becomes a problem we can all brainstorm a good place. I just keep getting this picture of a gorgeous brick building overlooking the sea. >__>

Of course it's okay : D

On that note, I didn't set any location for the school 'cause I figured it really doesn't matter. If it becomes a problem we can all brainstorm a good place. I just keep getting this picture of a gorgeous brick building overlooking the sea. >__>

This may be a little unoriginal and boring but how about...Greece? O.o

Yeah, I was figuring that was the obvious conclusion. Haha. Nice place in the Mediterranean sounds good to me. Nude Beach volleyball of the gods.

1 person likes this

Perivolas-Greece-620x480.jpg

Anyone for a dip?

EDIT: OH GOD I JUST REALISED ANGUS IS SCOTTISH AND GINGER HE'S GONNA FRY IN THE GREEK SUN!

2 people like this

This just sounds too fun to resist!

I'd like to take your last slot as Aphrodite, if you'll have me.

I'll have a little think and get my profile up tonight.

EDIT: OH GOD I JUST REALISED ANGUS IS SCOTTISH AND GINGER HE'S GONNA FRY IN THE GREEK SUN!

SPF 100 Ambrosia Edition

This just sounds too fun to resist!

I'd like to take your last slot as Aphrodite, if you'll have me.

I'll have a little think and get my profile up tonight.

Of course!

Edit: Not sure when I'll start this off, but sometime in the next few days. Got some academic final-y stuff to focus on tomorrow so at least after that.

1 person likes this

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead