Sono

Dreams

11 posts in this topic

I tend to have a lot of weird dreams. Less than I used to, which is a bummer, but they come around every now and then. Since I had one today and it made me think about the subject, I thought we could start a topic where we share our dreams. [insert rainbow here] Maybe even try and interpret some~

Today's nap, I was dating Tom Cruise. He was a really weird and abusive prick, and I tried running away from him in some kind of cowboy-themed restaurant. He turned the entire place upside down just looking for me, like some kind of Terminator deal. All anyone would ever say about him was "He's way too old for you" though.

I have trouble remembering my dreams. There are a lot of days that I wake up and wonder what the fuck just happened and immediately forget the contents. Someone once told me that if I wrote down what I could still remember in some kind of dream diary I'd eventually be able to recall my dreams a lot better, but I never felt like doing that :\

I'm really proud to say that a few nights back I dreamed that I was watching a SID concert, and the best part was that my mother dreamed she went up and shook Aki's hand. I DON'T KNOW WHY WE BOTH DREAMED OF SID.

1 person likes this

last night's dream is already gone for me unfortunately but i try to remember most.

sometimes i get a dream I just know i have to preserve. some details fade and get replaced by a more logical thought or some of the emotion behind it fades but I keep them in mind so I might get to use them someday in a character.

One of the recent additions to this archive i keep was an unconfortable one, not quite a nightmare but not far from it.

I was visiting family (it's fuzzy looking back which) and I kept having the feelling something was wrong. As i remember it now this took place over a few months and i kept geetting that feeling i was missing something. and one day when i was in Utrecht I saw a big blue flash and bright blue/white mushroom-cloud that could be seen for miles. The news kept repeating a message that this was all just a test to see if the population could reveal a staged conspiracy hinted at for months throughout the country. it was a really strange feeling but awesome, and I know the flash and explosion were the big bright one from the Oblivion movie trailers i saw at the time, so that explains that part.

Last night I had a dream that some Hispanic kids were laughing at me on a bus. At least that's all I can remember.

I don't dream as often as I'd like, and I often forget them pretty fast. I had one a couple of days ago where I was in Buffalo, NY with Antwaine and one of my friends that moved out there. I wanted to see how far we could get to crossing the border of Canada without a passport, so we were traveling by foot. We ended up in like a wetland area, and the only way to continue was to wade through it to the other side. Then somehow I caught my hand on something on the bottom of the marshy area and my finger swelled up. I then had to squeeze out all the poison or whatever it was from it. :S But it felt real, which is probably why I remembered it when I woke up.

Last dream I remember was a few days ago. I was walking outside with some guy carrying groceries when suddenly we get jumped just as we're about to get to his car. A short dark/blurry guy wearing a fedora jumps out with a shiv and I grab his arm and slam his elbow down into my knee (because apparently I'm a boss in my dreams). Then I'm making dinner in a ridiculously nice kitchen for that guy I was with and his girlfriend. The end.

I don't usually dream much, but when I do, it makes absolutely no sense. xD

1 person likes this

I always try to remember my weirdest of dreams but they've still faded some what. I don't remember when I've had these dreams, I think they occurred while I was in high school. Anyway here goes.

I don't recall how it began but I jumped out of a building, from like four stories, maybe more, into a pool that was PACKED I didn't know the people, it was just like a community pool. Anyway when I hit the water I turned into a MERMAN, yep I changed genders and species. I swam around in the water until I found my best friend at the time, I surfaced and made out with her.

I was chasing the Brickster(he was the bad guy in Lego Island, super old game hahah) and I was being chased by the Big Bad Wolf. we ran through buildings and weird shit would happen like in Scooby Doo, we'd go in one side and be in a car when we came out the other side, all three of in the car bickering or maybe trying to fight each other like a bunch of cartoon characters. In one building we came out riding a plane, no hood to the plane, we were all in different seats but close enough we could reach each other. Didn't matter, the Brickster was in control and flew us into a loop which I then fell out off and I woke up before I hit the ground.

This is the only dream I've ever died in, weird ass feeling. I'm in this sorta... club I guess, the walls are pink and look like they're moving, or maybe they're like a pink shag rug, I'm not really sure. It was a weird club in that the door was like a level above where everyone was mingling at, and it was packed like shoulder to shoulder. Someone came through the door, totally out of place, looked like some vicious barbarian. When I saw him I panicked, heart racing and I started weaving through the room, pushing past people until I reached another door which I went though the door was my bedroom, I was laying in my bed staring at the door when the barbarian came through the door and I started begging him and then he stabbed me in the chest, I died and then woke up. I can't begin to express how I felt when I woke up, terrified? and yet extremely curious. My chest physically hurt, I was panting and my heart was pounding. It was like I felt the piercing of the blade going into my chest and yet I was extremely intrigued by this dream, I've never had anything like it since.

A lot of my dreams influence my roleplays. A lot, but not all. For example, one of the stranger dreams I remember having was I woke up inside some kind of elaborate cage. I couldn't find my way out, it was like a cage, so it was open and I could see there was open space all around me, but I couldn't get out cus it was like a maze, right? So I start trying to navigate my way through a maze but then a whole bunch of lions get sent into the maze and i'm trying to find my way out before they eat me. So it's this big race against time deal, from what I remember, and at the pivotal moment in the dream, I am near the entrance but a few of the lions are barring the way. And i'm like, well, this is it, i'm dead. Then a big female lion comes over and starts smelling my pocket, so I reach into my pocket and pull out a packet of beef and onion crisps. And the lion takes the packet, pops it, and they all start licking up the crisps, ignoring me. And I can remember thinking, "What. The. Fu--" and then I woke up, and after a few delirious seconds of confusion I was like... yeah, yeah that's pretty much my sentiments too, dream me.

Most of my dreams are really bizarre. But they get separated into two sections, usually. Either they're like, lucid dreams, where I realise i'm in a dream and I can control it. I started trying to teach myself how to do that from a young age and it's effective but takes forever to do it regularly. The other half of my dreams seem to be dreams that go on for months, years or even life times. I've had dreams that I can remember next to everything about what happened in my life, and they're so real to me, and so detailed that when I wake up it takes me ages to realise what happened. Kind of cool, but mostly just very confusing and stressful when I wake up.

I don't remember my dreams that much but when I do they're really stupid and fun to remember. Luckily for me, I also don't have/remember my nightmares. I was getting pretty tired of being eaten by a T-Rex.

I have a lot of weird one-off dreams that are just my brain's discombobulated account of the day's events, but occasionally I have dreams that take place in a certain recurring set of locations. The dreams themselves are not recurring; they have different plots and characters, etc.... but they take place in this precise dream world.

Sometimes it'll be a different location within that dream world, but it's the same world... at least according to my dream-self's perceptions. It seems like whenever I have dreams that take place there, they hold much more impact than my usual random scrapbook-type dreams do. They're more vibrant, and stick with me in my mind much more strongly throughout the day after I wake up. It's almost like my mind has created this little matrix world inside of my sub-conscious that I go to while dreaming, and I momentarily live in a different reality that my brain has constructed. It's kind of cool but also kind of weird.

My favorite dreams, though, are ones that are basically an entire epic story line, complete with action scenes, characters, plot, and intrigue. I've escaped a crowd of zombies during a zombie apocalypse by riding a broken roller coaster over a lake into a guarded mansion, investigated an international mystery with a detective partner and love interest, and hiked across the US to solve a problem in Mexico (can't remember the details on that one). There have been plenty of mornings where I wake up and go, "holy shit that would be a fantastic movie!" ... now that I think about it, I should probably write more of those down for story ideas.

Dream interpretation is fun, too. Even though it's mostly just folklore and correlation without causation, it's comforting to think that maybe that weird sex dream you had about your cousin (not me.. just an example) is actually about stress or something, and you aren't secretly a crazy pervert.