Valentine

[COMPLETED!] MAFIA - A Marvellously DC Game

506 posts in this topic

Aww, game started and first day phase over before I'm even out of bed!

Did someone hit Snooze or something? I wanna know if I'm dead or not!

(Sorry, sorry, i'm sorry. I managed to fall asleep, and sorta need to catch it whenever I can, but it was at an awkward time. Apologies everyone.)

DAY PHASE 02 BEGINS
(48 hours, hopefully  >_>)

The meeting of the world's greatest heroes (and villains) reconvenes after a well-deserved rest. Scones and croissants are the breakfast of the day, but somebody notices something amiss... where is Jean Grey? Also known as HerculeHastings! She's been killed off by the villainous evil-doers! If only she'd survived one more night, as Jean Grey, she had the power once per night, to peer into the mind of another, and learn something about them at random. It could be their alignment, their goal, or perhaps their powers. But no longer. What will our heroes do now?

Well I wonder where that leads us. We could speculate that DD killed HH, because we'd never suspect him killing off his darling HH. Or perhaps not. I don't feel like we've gotten anywhere at this point. Anyone got any thought?

Damn I forgot how frustrating the first two or three days are, with no real clues or motivations behind the killings.

I'm not seeing much in the way of clues or suspicious behaviour (well except for HH's strange talk but thats a dead end)

right now i'm more curious about the roles, HH had an investigating role but not a very specific one. would it be the only one for the good guys?

Since we're a pretty big group, I think it is safe to assume that we have more people with some kind of investigative role.

For now we should follow the same advice that is always given on the first few days and try and think about why HH was targeted. She didn't do much other than make a joke about targeting Valentine. Was she picked at random or did they have a reason?

EDIT: The theory that DD picked her to seem innocent is just... too convenient. I'll jump off a bridge if I'm wrong but I don't think this implicates DD simply because it was HH who got targeted.

1 person likes this

Since we're a pretty big group, I think it is safe to assume that we have more people with some kind of investigative role.

For now we should follow the same advice that is always given on the first few days and try and think about why HH was targeted. She didn't do much other than make a joke about targeting Valentine. Was she picked at random or did they have a reason?

EDIT: The theory that DD picked her to seem innocent is just... too convenient. I'll jump off a bridge if I'm wrong but I don't think this implicates DD simply because it was HH who got targeted.

Yeah I don't really think it's enough to point the finger at DD either. I was only speculating. At the moment we haven't really got any leads as to why HH was targeted. Whilst a random killing might be a possibility, sometimes people might select someone subconsciously. Although since there is likely several villains involved the the vote, this seems less likely. 

I have a feeling HH was killed off because of her actions in the last Mafia game, which, if you remember, effectively revealed a hole in Val's great plan to disguise himself as a Bantha Herder and Force Choke himself to further 'prove' his innocence, thus winning the game for the Jedi. She's a dangerous woman.

I would have to agree that HH's murder was a random killing. Nothing in past posts singled her out as dangerous to me.

It obviously wouldn't be something she said this game, it never has been. As a member of both Team Rocket and the Sith, we have always chosen to kill someone on the first day based on how dangerous we felt they were in the last few games they were in. The advantage of killing someone on the first day is - like you said - giving the innocents no clue as to why that particular person was targeted. Thus it would be a good idea to hit as hard as possible, taking out the person whom they thought was the most dangerous.

However we have the unique advantage that HH had only been in 1 game other than this one, and in that particular game, she only became really active in the last few days. To that extent, I believe anyone who was still alive at that point / anyone who had been following the game closely would know of how she effectively toppled Val's rather ingenious disguise. DD and I can also be suspects since we knew who Val was from the very beginning and so would be more aware of anyone trying to counter his arguments.

I was gonna say the circle that's closer to Herc should probably be struck off the suspects list, but after remembering what DragonGuard managed to pull off... hrmmm. I had a tough time proving I'm innocent even though we were hanging out with DG on an almost daily basis~

Treating the elimination of Herc as a well thought out decision instead of a random pick sounds more plausible though, like what Kyo said. No one would dare slack off too much and choose a target willy nilly when they're working as a group. We could assume (for now that) a Mafia veteran is leading, or guiding the villian team, at least.

(I'm assuming its a team since Val used plural in his intro description)

Of course, another motive for killing HH off is to use that to try to implicate me, and oh hey look:

Well I wonder where that leads us. We could speculate that DD killed HH, because we'd never suspect him killing off his darling HH. Or perhaps not. I don't feel like we've gotten anywhere at this point. Anyone got any thought?

And while he says "perhaps not" and all, the fact is anyone trying to point at someone isn't going to do it too overtly. They'd do it like that, slipping in a suggestion that they don't seem too forceful about, just to plant the seed.

If you're an innocent and don't really think an idea is valid, you wouldn't mention it. It just confuses the issue and misleads people.

We're supposed to get our clues from why people post what they do. Why did Kyo raise the possibility of me being the culprit only to immediately agree it's not likely and that basically he was just sayin'.

I thought that this already went through another day phase before I could even see anything. But luckily not... Not that there's really much to go on right now, of course. :/

Of course, another motive for killing HH off is to use that to try to implicate me, and oh hey look:

And while he says "perhaps not" and all, the fact is anyone trying to point at someone isn't going to do it too overtly. They'd do it like that, slipping in a suggestion that they don't seem too forceful about, just to plant the seed.

If you're an innocent and don't really think an idea is valid, you wouldn't mention it. It just confuses the issue and misleads people.

We're supposed to get our clues from why people post what they do. Why did Kyo raise the possibility of me being the culprit only to immediately agree it's not likely and that basically he was just sayin'.

I highlight all possibilities that come to mind, even the unlikely ones, since at this point we have very little to go on. The reason I pointed out it wasn't much is because I don't want people reading too much into it, much like you appear to be doing now. I'm not debating this though, we've kinda moved on from it.

At any rate I think it is unlikely that the villains knew that HH had an investigative ability. They most likely just got lucky. A shame she could not have at least gotten through one night. While I know it's against the rules to reveal roles, HH might have at least discovered something and attempted to sway us gently down the right path. Alas we will have to stick to baseless finger pointing for now. I have to say that at this point I haven't got a clue. I wouldn't like to jump through another day phase so quickly, however, us talking with little to go on doesn't necessarily do us any good. It can raise suspicions by strengthening flawed ideas in your mind, as well as giving the villains an opportunity to decide who is the riskiest and thus the prime candidate to kill. I think I'll go with the group on this one, whatever is decided, but I think voting someone off at this point isn't wise without more info.

The only reason anyone would have to target HHercy is because in the previous game she dismantled Valentine's last attempt at winning the game, which was a great move, but she told us afterwards that she already knew Valentine was the Sith because of an anonymous message she had received from the Inquisitor. So if we're going to claim that she was killed because of what she did in the previous game, you have to take into account that it wasn't all her. (No offense, HHercy, you're the greatest.)

For now all this finger pointing is getting us nowhere. I don't think Kyo is a Villain just because he raised suspicions on DD and neither do I believe DD is a Villain because HHercy was killed.

Also claiming that a veteran is leading the Mafia isn't really based on anything. I have been a part of every single Mafia game up until now and I'd say that I'd most likely eliminate one of the more experienced and helpful Heroes.

Actually, I remember DD (I think it was DD?) raising a point in the previous Mafia game to take out Innocents who are less likely to be suspected and killed during the Day Phase. I don't think HHercy is someone everyone would readily accuse of being part of the Mafia, so if Noia's claim that an experienced player is leading the Mafia I'd bet that that could be their reasoning.

Yeah that was me. I thought of that too, but I don't consider it very likely. Killing people not likely to come under suspicion is a very passive way to play, and in my experience with various teammates, I think most people prefer to be more aggressive. That said, there's many people here who haven't been villains before, so who knows, maybe they like that way too.

I'm going to vote to accuse Nobody at this point because I don't think we have enough evidence right now. Considering the large group of us with abilities, and the fact that the mafia can only kill 1 person per night, I think we can play the long game and let our cumulative abilities stack up more information?

We can continue talking about it still, of course.

Maybe HH will come back as the Phoenix later. 8D

well you make a good point there, I was going to say we should at least get rid of inactives but that has never worked and we are too early in the game anyway. for now my vote is Nobody however this could change as I am not sure about some people here... I dont have much to go on so i wont say who to get the rest on em but I'm making mental notes on stuff i find suspicious.