Valentine

[COMPLETED!] MAFIA - A Marvellously DC Game

506 posts in this topic

Mental notes aren't helping anyone. If you have any suspicions you should voice them. What would happen if you turn out to be right, but the Villains kill you before you get the chance to tell the rest?

in this case it is stuff like why was HH acting like that in the first few posts, or why would Kyo say DD was suspicious after HH was removed? it's not even fully suspicious but just oddities I'm watching and waiting for more of these half suspicious post to pile up before I can say someone is truly suspicious. if more stuff doesnt add up it's more likely someone's telling lies and trying to divert the group focus.

I honestly think that there is nothing wrong with HH's actions in the first day. We all talk nonsense on the first day, because we know that there's nothing to do. For example, I tried to vote Valentine off, because he was being a sneaky mofo. (Probably means I'm the evilest of them all because killing Valentine means everybody dies)

My point exactly. It isn't anything suspicious in and of itself, but if weird stuff piles up throughout the game I'm getting suspicious. the lack of any revealed lies (or any lies at all for that matter) or people revealing information they shouldn't have makes this a slow start.

I'd have to say without much information we can't for sure vote a person off I vote nobody for today.

Edited by Raine Bell

I will vote for Nobody because there are so many participants in this game, and it will take a substantially longer time for the Mafia members to win. This means that we have more nights to utilize any abilities like HH's, and assuming there are more heroes than villains, we'll have the upper advantage soon.

Hmm yeah, it's an annoyance that HH got voted off so early.

But it must have been a lucky guess.

I don't think there was any real method to the madness though, the first night with the MM game, I just chose one of my 5 targets. It wasn't until later that I started looking at the underlying currents (who though who was suspicious etc.), and I of course had to kill McEth for being too smart.

So in this game I think they just went with a random kill, and then after this there will be some more targeted kills.

For example, if I were the mafia, I might kill Kyo right now to get more suspicion on DD, though probably I'd let them battle it out for now (assuming neither of them are mafia), distracting the suspicions off me. But yeah, first kill will probably be random I think.

Also, I'm not gonna vote nobody, because that stops the day sooner. I think the first day was way too short.

Yea it just seems like everyone's just talking circles around each other.

I'm voting Nobody again.

I'm also not going to vote for nobody. The first day phase was much too short, and the reason we've got nothing to really base any suspicion on is because not everyone was given enough time to really say anything. So this day phase is essentially first day phase. That being said, I've not much more to contribute at this time, but we should all keep talking when we have things to say. 

Arguably talking with no information will only result in conjecture. If anyone garnered information from the night phase to help us then they should find a way to let the information be known without raising suspicion about their role. Alternatively certain people are choosing to withold information gathered because they are waiting for a bigger pay off. At any rate I don't think this talking is really benefiting anybody.  

Whether or not that is true is kind of irrelevant. I said when anyone has anything to say, they should do so. And the day phases should be long enough to allow people to do that if they so choose. 

I think it's important to pay attention to what everyone is saying, even if you don't have an important night role. Idle talking might not mean much to some of the players, but others who know (x) person is guilty, would probably like to see how they interact with the rest of the group, in effort to find holes in something they are saying. It's true that you and I don't have much to base suspicion on at this point, but it's not true to say that nobody has anything to base suspicion on and as such it's not necessary to talk.

In fact, I'd even say it's somewhat suspicious to think talking isn't really important. It's the only way the innocents can come to any conclusions, wrong or not.  

I'm leaning on the theory that HH might have been killed off because of her experience, even if she was not the most experienced. The only thing I could conclude from her posts now that I know she wasn't the villain as that she is a very involved player which could provide a threat to the murderer. But as most others are saying, it's still too early in the game to figure anything out for sure. 

Nobody.

There is never likely going to be any information. Nobody can reveal roles, so it is always going to be a matter of seeing what people say. This whole thing of "lets wait till there's some hard evidence" is and always has been counter-intuitive to the game.

Talking can lead to wrong guesses, sure, but that is kind of the whole point of the game. To win we have to make the right guesses based on what talking has gone on. There's no progress to be made in trying to discourage people from talking.

I haven't seen much talking discouragement (red was even told to voice his thoughts), only acknowledgement that we have really nothing to go on.

I see what Nikkia is saying now. I don't think the days should end on a majority vote. They should end after the time period or when EVERYONE has voted. That way we can conclude that nobody has anything to say before we proceed. 

As for discouraging talking, I'm not doing that. I'm just saying the discussion we've had so far is wearing thin and we aren't gaining very much from it any more. It's probably best to move on and see what comes after the next night phase. People's roles will help inform them in some way or another and hopefully this will lead to more conversations which will help us make some decent decisions. 

The only thing actually discouraging people from talking is when someone immediately jumps on the "HEY THAT'S SUSPICIOUS" train. At this point no one is going to say anything truly suspicious unless they are really dumb.

I agree that choice of words is very important in this game, so I'm not going to condemn people who attack others simply on the way they voiced their thoughts (or the timing of doing such). So if you really insist on pointing fingers are telling everyone how suspicious it was that someone used a certain word or the wrong emote, at least think of a good explanation why it's suspicious 'cause you might be doing more harm than good.

Well, it looks like nobody is going to die today, if the votes hold. You guys have one more day to talk.

(Well, only by a little bit. Sorry i'm a wee bit late, should be easier to do this now that i've got a little bit more of a normal sleeping pattern)

So, once again, the heroes have chosen not to kill anyone off. We wonder, will this help or hinder them?

NIGHT PHASE 02 BEGINS

(24 hours)

Those wishing to use their powers must PM me before Night's End.

DAY PHASE 03 BEGINS

(48 hours)

As the council of superheroes convene in the morning, discussing the universe over their morning coffee, they notice someone is missing from their ranks. It's Doctor Strange! An innocent also known as Kyo. It seems that once per game, he is able to resurrect an innocent. But fear not, though he was unable to save another person, he at least has managed to survive another night. He has used his resurrection ability on himself and remains in-game. It seems the reason he was late was he was taking a mystical shower. It seems the villains have been given a small setback, after having tried to remove Doctor Strange from the game, who can say what their next desperate action might be?