Valentine

[COMPLETED!] MAFIA - A Marvellously DC Game

506 posts in this topic

At least now it's confirmed Kyo's innocent. Would've been great if he could've resurrected someone with a truly helpful power, though. 

Whelp that wasn't how I wanted things to go down. 

So other than the rez, which in turn reveals my role to the enemy (kinda redundant in this scenario), I can also attempt to commune with the dead in exchange for information 3 times on different night phases. As I understand this is chance based. Last night this is what I discovered:

Your attempt to scry into the void was successful. 
Communing with the dead, they have revealed that there are three alignments. Good, Evil and Neutral. 

It seems a member of the Evil alignment will die, if one of the members of the Neutral alignment die. Do they know this though? And if so, how would they try to avert the group's attention to this person, if they know their identity?

So apparently I was also not allowed to rez anyone but myself, since I was dead. I would have rezzed HH otherwise. Anyway take what you will from the info above. I can use my powers 2 more times, but they are based on chance, although in all likelihood i'll die next night phase. 

Also as a 3rd part of the role, I was informed when discussion had been moved to killing me. I was told that this may have been a passing comment or a definite plan, and only time would tell. So I knew I was in the hot seat in some way or another. I did not know I could rez myself until I was killed though. 

Anyway other than that I don't have anything else to offer. I still have no idea who targeted me. 

I don't think they'll attempt to take you out a second time with that information. Now that everyone knows this (but not the actual alignment roster) they'll probably be more careful to avoid their own casualty which gives us a bit of an advantage.

At the same time they can take our super names and take some guesses???

So there's 3 camps now, huh. The 'I'm evil', 'I'm innocent', and the 'I don't care' camps. :lol:  

I'm pretty sure all of us have been given different superhero names from the punny ones we used to sign up in too, since both targets seem to have been given different roles instead of their original choices

On another note, a couple peeps are being awfully quiet. Only faring around 1 post from the start till now.

You always get quiet ones. Not always due to tactics but also just because they commit to the game and then don't hold up to that commitment because other stuff gets in the way. Just one of those things. 

Edit: Does anyone have any leads as to why I might have been targeted last night? Was there anything I said that might have struck a nerve? Or was it just another random killing? Food for thought. 

My guess would be that you did something in an earlier game to attract attention? I don't know, I never got the impression that you did anything spectacular to warrant being targeted.

Or they are trying to implicate DD? Since you and him had a little exchange during the previous Day Phase, but that sounds like a pretty weak reason.

Seeing as the Villains don't really have much to decide their targets either, it would make sense for them to target one of the few people who were more vocal in the last Day Phase, meaning Kyo, DD, Sanzi and I. So I wasn't really surprised when they tried to kill Kyo off.

1 person likes this

Apparently I can only commune with the dead by using a previous victim. I assume using HH the first time means I cant use her again. And I rezzed myself so I don't think I can use my power during the next night phase. More reason for the Villains to kill me off while I can't do anything else to benefit the team I guess. Either that or they take a chance at taking out someone more valuable. Beats me. 

I think that they're targeting the adept players. If that's true, I'm guessing DD, Kyo, DG and Seanzi are high-priority targets since they're veterans (no offense to anyone else cuz I only started following the Mafia games from the previous one =p).

Anyway, I doubt if they'll try to kill Kyo again cuz his abilities benefit even them when he talks about them to the group. They'll prob target one of the other 3. Or Octy too if you believe that they're targeting the more vocal ones. There's a good overlap between the two categories, I think.

Now to go read up on Dr Strange. 

It's not bringing us closer to any potential suspects though.

Day seems relatively unrustled despite the early elimination of HH. Then again this is only my 2nd play in a Mafia game so I don't really know how they usually behave in games like these. But his reactions or lack thereof is striking me as weird.

I think DD has been a bad guy enough times for people to just start presuming it a little bit. I don't think its likely that he is considering how many times he has been a villain. I would feel bad if he was since he said he was getting tired of it in the last mafia game. I think regardless if we don't get any leads soon we should at least start voting off people who aren't contributing, because ultimately as the game progresses we need people who are actually going to contribute.

1 person likes this

Feels wasteful using our daily chances to clear out inactives though

Especially after knowing one person will die for it at night, in a way

It is a secondary solution to selecting people we think are evil mind you. If we just don't vote then this isn't a game. At least voting off people who are not contributing means that we might have a chance at taking out a villain without risking a player who is being helpful. Also the threat of elimination via inactivity might inspire people to get involved, and then we have more information coming into discussion.

Although if you have better ideas I'm all ears.

The villains probably are targeting the veteran players first, because newbies like me have no clue what we're doing. We're relatively harmless, and probably won't have much luck catching the villains without help.

So far, there doesn't seem to be a pattern to the attacks other than that...

Right now, I'm kinda just reading other people's thoughts, as this is my first Mafia game. Like Wstfgl said, they might be targeting the experienced players.

The heroes are sat around, their discussion in full swing, but its just back and forth, back and forth and TriOctium seems to be losing his temper. We wouldn't like him when he loses his temper. As he's also known as Bruce Banner. His eyes flash green and before the heroes know what's happening a terrible rage overtakes poor Bruce. Suddenly he's tearing his shirt from his body as he morphs into the green-eyed monster that is The Hulk.

hulk-the-avengers-movie-image__span.jpg

It seems that he was destined to lose his temper on the third day, but what could this mean for our heroes and villains? Only time will tell, but the The Hulk is a whirlwind of rage and his allegiances are fickle. He could probably do as much harm as good, so how, we wonder, will the heroes (or villains) make use of him...

WAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

... Okay well now that everyone knows I'm the Hulk, I'm sure you guys are concerned. What is TriOctium really up to? Is he good or evil? Can he really punch an alien battleship to pieces? (The answer to the last question is a big 'duh')

I'd like to give you one very good reason why I'm on your side: I'm not a villain. I don't know, I don't really follow the comics a lot, but the Hulk has always come through at the very end, beating the crap out of whatever bad guy's in the way. Remember who threw Loki around like a ragdoll in the Avengers? That's all me.

What is my win condition? Easy. I simply have to survive to the end of the game. So now you know who I am, what my role is, and what is my win condition. I hope that gives you guys enough reason to trust me. Because you wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

Wait. I'm already angry.

Wat

Also yeh, it's just a point I'm bringing up .

I don't believe in it enough to wanna push ahead with my theory.

Sounds like Bruce 'a a neutral party in this game, anywho

Oh shit, I think the Hulk's gonna kill us all.

The problem is, can he even be killed?

I think we should vote informally whether we want to play aggressively (start voting to eliminate suspicious/inactive players during the day) or passively (bid our time).

I believe Kyo has outlined reasons for aggressive play. DD has also mentioned before that we can't keep waiting for conclusive proof (but bear in mind that we don't know what new abilities Val may have dreamt up this time).

The fact that at least some Neutrals expose themselves when certain conditions are met means that probably a Villain can convert one of them (like Timey's ability then). Just something to keep in mind. That might mean that if we decide to play aggressive, we might want to vote off Neutrals if we have no better targets?

NOBODY CAN CONVERT THE HULK!!!

Seriously, though, in the last game, the Jedi Padawans were fully aware that they could be converted by the Sith Apprentice. I should know. :P In this game, Val did not give me any indication of sorts, so I highly doubt that I can be converted.

Waiting around never seems like a good idea, and especially not this time when there's so many people. It is hard to vote blindly but there is no guarantee we will get anything to go on in future. Meanwhile, each night the bad guys are able to kill, with certainty, one good/neutral person (since they know the other villains). So I'd say it's better for us to start guessing. If we do nothing, we will lose. If we accidentally kill some innocents, we will simply lose faster.

EDIT:

Also I dunno about these people revealing more of their roles. The rules said that "no matter what happens" people aren't to talk about their abilities and such. And I would think that specifying "no matter what" was to cater for these instances where their roles are partially revealed by Valentine. Unless they have been told they're allowed to reveal everything now, it seems they're either breaking the rules or lying (since lying mayn't count - you're not revealing your role if what you say about it isn't actually true).

Val has told me specifically that I do not have any restrictions on revealing any details of my role now that it's been revealed by him. I'm not sure about Kyo but I think the same thing's happened to him. If you need it, I have the Skype conversation as proof.

I can confirm that if a role is revealed, in full or in part, by me, that the person in question can choose to reveal as much or as little about their role as they want. Apologies if there was any confusion on this. I can of course confirm their roles and the details that I myself revealed. I am unable to tell you further if anything/everything they have said is true, false, or half-truths, naturally. That is for you to decide.