Sunset

Ask Sunny

70 posts in this topic

Is this the new thing? Ask Me Anything?? 

WELP, ask me anything, then! Some stuff about me: I live in TN (southern US), I'm a writer, I love foxes and the color red, I'm 20 and unemployed and not yet in college (aka a big loser), I watch a lot of anime, and I draw sometimes. Also, I am obsessed with the Legend of Zelda. I even blog about it. Some other things I'm obsessed with are the English language and Astrology. I flip through dictionaries for fun and I ask most people I converse with what their birthday is. 

Ummm. Yeah. (: 

What is your favourite dictionary?

Also what anime are you watching currently/recently?

I like Merriam-Websters? Oxford dictionaries are nice, too. If that's what you mean. Otherwise, my favorite dictionary tends the be the one that's in my hands. Or the one that is also a thesaurus. 

What a great question ♥ Right now I'm watching Attack On Titan, Free!, and... oh, I guess that's it. I feel like there's a third. I plan on watching Neon Genesis Evangelion soon, because I've been curious about it. Attack On Titan is really super incredibly good and I recommend it to everyone. I'll probably pick up the manga soon. 

That was what I meant, though it was more a test of how serious you are about your dictionary reading, so the fact you could name a couple sufficed. I also would've accepted "English dictionary" because perhaps you read medical dictionaries or such as well.

I'm also watching both those anime, among others. This begs the follow-up question of who your favourite character in Free! is, and whether or not you can say with a straight face that you're watching it entirely for the plot?

Okay, it's true. I absolutely cannot say that with a straight face. Well, I might be able to if I tried, but it would be a lie. I started watching it out of curiosity because a bunch of people on Tumblr were freaking out about it, how it started as a commercial and stuff. And... then I kept watching it. Every week. For... the animation. Yeah. (really it's just super cute and I enjoy the fanart) 

My favorite character... hnnng. I have a couple. I think #1 is Nagisa, though - he is too devious and adorable. Followed by Rei. Kou and the red-haired swim captain whose name I've forgotten are also great. OH and the guy with the awkwardly short bangs on the other swim team. Nitori, yeah. I like him, too. :D 

In my case I was alerted to that commercial and the freaking out by HH, and so now I watch it every week. Because... she's watching it. Yeah. But really the animation is nice and they make water look a million times more clear and blue and amazing than it is IRL. I share the favourites of Nagisa and Rei, though nothing beats Kou for sheer comedic value when she gushes over the guys.

For another question, do you ever speculate as to the star signs of characters in fictional works, such as anime?

You have no idea. 

I made this geeky post on Tumblr once about the signs of Zelda characters  (I think I'm going to post a revised version, though). Also, I usually determine the signs (including moon&rising sometimes) of my own original characters. Not ALL of them, but at least a sun sign for most of them. It helps me explore their personality in a new way~ :3 

I think about astrology a little more than I should, tbh. 

Also, I like Levi, too, and I think he's a Scorpio. Orrr a Capricorn. But Mikasa is my favorite. (And Ymir.) 

@Blackfrost 

Hmmm. Admittedly I have an unnatural fondness for macaroni and cheese. Otherwise, chicken. In pretty much any form. ♥ 

@Valentine 

I wanted to be a singer for a long time. Because... I like to sing. Hahah. My voice was a lot better back in the day, before I started smoking. S: I can still sing, but I can't hit all the notes I'd like to, and my voice gets tired easily. 

@rubberrazors 

I will totes RP marry you. As long as there's an RP honeymoon. YA FEEL ME. 

What's the best zodiac sign?

You can't say Aries. Pick something else. : |

1 person likes this

BUT ARIES IS THE BEST UGH 

Pff okay hm. Picking one is kind of hard. I think, officially, the mantle has to go from Aries to Sagittarius, being the next-best fire sign. Because fire is the best. 

My other favorites, though, are Libra, Aquarius, and Pisces. Aaand Scorpio. Most of my best friends have been either Pisceans or Sagittarians, so I have a special place for them in my heart. Libras are my opposite so I feel a strange connection with them, and Scorpios are just cool cats. When they're not being big babies, that is. 

Have you ever considered making a career out of astrology and such?

Hm. Sort of! I've definitely considered writing books about it before, but I think I'd need to learn a lot more before attempting something like that. Linda Goodman and Gary Goldschneider are my inspiration there. Other than writing books, I haven't really considered anything seriously. 

Hnnn well. I'm allergic to cats, so I've only ever had dogs. I'm gonna go with dogs because they're always so happy and because australian shepherds are so cute it makes me wanna cry TTuTT 

Purple basketball shorts and a t-shirt that says "I heard you get around" on the front (the back says "your circle or mine?"). Also undergarments of the lime green variety. 

Exciting, right?