Pain

How do you like your steak?

34 posts in this topic

I just had the most amazing steak at our christmas work meal, and instead of just going on about it in the food thread, I thought I'd go a bit more interactive and find out how dead S*Ters like their cow.

:D

Personally, I like mine rare. I think cooking a steak well done just ruins a good piece of meat lol

A bit of blood, nice and red in the middle, fading out slightly to a dark pink. Mhmmmm.

(You'd never think I was a vegetarian for 7 years xDD)

I don't know think I could eat it blue, but I'd be willing to try a bit, so long as I could send it back to be cooked a bit more if I didn't like it. I've actually found that women prefer rarer steak to men, but that could just be the people I know.

So, how do you have YOUR steak?

(If you like steak, of course. If you don't, then you just have your steak no steak.)

I like mine well done because I like the charred bits that I chew on. I just really like crunchy things. >__>

Medium rare. I'd be leery of eating it rare, as I'm a chicken who's scared of tapeworms.

Well done steak seems like a waste to me.

Medium rare. I think it has the most flavor and is just dripping with deliciousness. And I agree, I think well done is a waste. Might as well eat a hamburger :p

rare to medium rare. I tend to change my mind depending on my mood at the time. either way it has to be at least medium rare. well done is bung. 

I'll happily eat medium rare.

I think rump steak is supposed to be best cooked that way? 

I had sirloin tonight. 

I like my steak well-done. :( Sorry guys. 

Edit: I'm squeamish if it makes it any better. 

Edit2: Maybe it just makes it worse. D:

I like my steak well-done. :( Sorry guys. 

Hahahaha awwww I forgive you!

1 person likes this

Medium-rare. Because that's how you cook a steak. Any less isn't quite 'activating' those flavours and juices. And more, and you're killing it off entirely. Any good chef will tell you two things about steak, that steak is perfect when it is done however the customer wishes it, but with a small note that it is arguably better in their eyes, to be cooked medium-rare.

8981528.jpg  Like that

Medium rare. I think it has the most flavor and is just dripping with deliciousness. And I agree, I think well done is a waste. Might as well eat a hamburger :P

Well i love hamburgers so WHATEVER. /stormsoffoverdramatically

1 person likes this

I like it chicken-fried.

I may or may not be from somewhere in the southern United States.

Well i love hamburgers so WHATEVER. /stormsoffoverdramatically

Then go eat hamburgers >: (

Medium to medium-well. I've had medium rare and that's good, too, but personally I like it to be just a little pink inside. 

Imma just gonna jump on the medium rare bandwagon here

1 person likes this

Oh I like my steaks medium. Medium rare's a bit too rare for my liking, since I still have a suspicion over half-cooked meat.

Oh I like my steaks medium. Medium rare's a bit too rare for my liking, since I still have a suspicion over half-cooked meat.

If a medium-rare steak is cooked properly, though the meat is pink, it is still cooked. It just isn't browned.

Anything harmful should have been killed by the heat permeating it long before the sugars in the meat react and start to turn brown.

I forgot to mention I don't actually like steak. XD I'm a bit hesitant about eating beef. May be partly due to some subtle influence from my parents being Buddhist, so most of the time I go for seafood or chicken.

I used to take it medium well, but then some friends convinced me to to do medium, and it's so much better. I haven't tried anything below, mostly because I rarely ever purchase steak at a restaurant... But next time I'll try medium rare.

Then go eat hamburgers >: (

Dundundun dundun dundun Sean's on my side! ;D

Imma just gonna jump on the medium rare bandwagon here

You are one of us! One of us!

2 people like this

We sure like talking about steak don't we?