Pain

How do you like your steak?

34 posts in this topic

Rare to medium rare is where it's at for me.

Funny because I don't like beef or meat very much, but I'm very fussy about this one thing. I'll pass on anything else.

Meat remains gel-like in texture

gel-like in texture

gel-like

ew

2 people like this

Yeah, that kinda grossed me out too. 

I'd be willing to try, but I doubt I'd actually like it. 

Blue/saignant (which, for those who don't speak french, means BLEEDING) is actually delicious.

Usuallay I just get rare though, because most restaurants don't even serve blue.

I think cooking a steak well done just ruins a good piece of meat lol

So much this. It hurts me a little inside when I hear someone order well done. I'm a medium rare though, I've never had rare I don't think, not apposed to it, just medium rare is what I grew up on. When I first stared dating my boyfriend he would only eat well done until one day my mother cooked steaks and she did them all medium rare, she told him he could cook his longer if he didn't like it, but he was too lazy too, so he ate it as is and he's been eating medium-medium rare ever since. I'm so proud. :D

My best friend still eats well done, haven't been able to convert her, so I just pick on her about it. Make comments about the oozing blood, or just make morbid/disturbing jokes about eating dead cow. Course I do a lot of weird things to annoy her when we go out to eat together. I'll rearrange her silverware and drink(it's amazing how annoying this is) and I'll rub the table with lemon(I usually order ice tea, also lemon is a natural cleaning agent) it drives her nuts and it just tickles me pink. XD