Ice

Your Roleplaying Origins

29 posts in this topic

It truly does interest me in the variety of roleplayers that can all be in one spot(on one site). So, since I'm still a stranger to most of you, I wanna know all the different roleplayers that are on here! So, for example, telling how you learned to rp, where at, maybe your strengths and weaknesses, and your comfort area. I'll start! :D

Let's seeeeeeee.

I first learned to roleplay during class. One of my old ex-friends was a roleplayer and asked me if I wanted to try it so we passed a composition notebook back and forth(and filled up quite a few by doing this). I then went to her site she had, which she revolved around dragons and medieval things so that's kind of what I adopted. Except my main character is a demon. I also adopted how she usually made her main characters the opposite gender of herself(so, males). I am not allowed on her site anymore(long story), but I now have my own. ^^ So that would also be my 'comfort area', is medieval fantasy. I then strayed to a few different sites, one notable one being Devil's Triangle(funny story but it's no longer existent) which gave me the courage to roleplay sexual rps. Honestly, I don't know my strengths or weaknesses because they kind of vary with who I rp with. Besides, I also think it's best to ask people you've rped with what your strengths and weaknesses are, since they're the ones posting with you. But, I want a basic idea of you strangers so you all aren't so strangerly(yes, new word) to me :D

1 person likes this

I learned it on Surreal*Twilight. Joined back in 2004 when it was still hosted on Mizukori's own website :D I think I googled something about Roleplaying and it was the first site in the list. 

1 person likes this

I started on deviantart~

Those were mostly original character tournaments though, all fighting and death games and stuff.

Story based rps started in S*T.

1 person likes this

I first learned how to roleplay on S*T too, about 5 years ago. For Ice's sake, S*T (Surreal*Twilight) was the previous name of Surreality. We changed the name cuz we kept getting people who thought this was a Twilight fandom RP site.

1 person likes this

Well, you already know mine Darkwater since I told you in the chat and YOU WEREN'T EVEN NICE ENOUGH TO MENTION ME! *cries*

Anyway, I started on yiffstar.com(I believe that place has gone into the shitter) when I was 12, yes it was a furry site and yes it was sexual in nature. I did a lot of sexual roleplays, yes I was underage, did I care? NOPE! I was an e-whore for the better portion of my middle school and high school years and yet a virgin until 19, go figure. No one could ever believe I was a virgin after roleplaying a sex scene with me. 

2 people like this

Well, you already know mine Darkwater since I told you in the chat and YOU WEREN'T EVEN NICE ENOUGH TO MENTION ME! *cries*

o.o I am so terribly sorry. Let's retry this. *clears throat* One and all, Ero was the one who made me curious enough to ask this question after stating her own origin so kindly to me in the chatroom. This entire discussion is indebted to her. That is all. *bows* Forgive me? :3

1 person likes this

Haha well I started off in the forum for Pokémon... shucks I forgot its name. It was a Pokémon forum anyway, and it had 1 sub-forum for roleplays. I thought it was a really cool idea so I dived into it and it was my most active sub-forum. People didn't really like me very much cuz I was such a n00b, but it was all right; there were plenty of n00bs in there anyway. XD So I frolicked about in n00bland, then something happened to the site or something and I couldn't login to it for very long; kept getting logged out. In the end I was really frustrated and decided to Google "roleplay forum" to fulfil my now growing addiction, and the first result was S*T.

I think from then up to now, I've always been rather flexible about the roleplays I take. I don't have a niche, and up to now my one big weakness is a lack of confidence (and skill). I keep thinking that if I'm not particularly good at one style, I'm better off not being so restrictive, and to just try every style so that I learn from all of them.

2 people like this

Many years ago I was on a forum called Bluelaguna.net. I was maybe 13? Anyway it was a final fantasy forum so I was just in there to chat about FF stuff and then I saw the Roleplay section. Prior to this I had only heard the word roleplay in regards to cyber sex chatrooms so I pretty much avoided that section entirely because I totally thought it was just people getting smutty FF style. 

Then curiosity got the better of me. I have never looked back. 

1 person likes this

I started role playing through AIM from somebody I met on a Pokemon forum back when I was 11. Did that for a couple of years then Aylee introduced me an Antwaine to S*T and well... That's all I've ever RPed on since. I like round robin kind of writing more.

1 person likes this

I think from then up to now, I've always been rather flexible about the roleplays I take. I don't have a niche, and up to now my one big weakness is a lack of confidence (and skill).

That's definitely a weakness of mine. After rping with someone for a while, I'll get confident with them(so long as they let me know they like my rping) but then, if someone else wants to rp with me, I'm back to square one: worrying about what they think x.x

Prior to this I had only heard the word roleplay in regards to cyber sex chatrooms so I pretty much avoided that section entirely because I totally thought it was just people getting smutty FF style.

That's what I thought it was, too! My ex-friend-lady was all like "hey, you wanna roleplay?" And I was like 'O.O uuuuuuuuuuh.....I'm 14.......and we're in class......what???'

I like round robin kind of writing more.

What's Round Robin? o.o

Many years ago I was on a forum called Bluelaguna.net. I was maybe 13? Anyway it was a final fantasy forum so I was just in there to chat about FF stuff and then I saw the Roleplay section. Prior to this I had only heard the word roleplay in regards to cyber sex chatrooms so I pretty much avoided that section entirely because I totally thought it was just people getting smutty FF style. 

Then curiosity got the better of me. I have never looked back. 

I, of course, was also on BlueLaguna. I was about 14-15 at the time, and I remember how awful my roleplaying was when I first started. I remember one of my first characters was called Jin, and he was like a samurai... elf... who could teleport. Yep. And I would write like, two lines for a post. It was all just freakin' awful. But I made some really good friends on BL, few have I been able to stay in contact, but I enjoyed my time there, and that forum led to another, and to another, and eventually to S*T. But of course, by then me and Kyo were BFF's and I was like dog, ya gotta join this amazing RP site. And he was like no way maeng, this place is amazing. lol. So here we've RPed ever since. We're both just so awesome now, and yet, still such a long way to go to perfection. Only, percentage-wise we're still mostly awesome.

And now, a ballad of bros. Adam (Mordecai) and Martin (Rigby):

mordecai_and_rigby_flying_gif_by_shazbom

tumblr_lx9mciqbHJ1r982tio1_r2_400.gif

tumblr_me2291hGyK1rkr4i4o1_500.gif

tumblr_mdrmln1PM41rl1360o1_500.gif

Mordeci-and-Rigby-regular-show-33590629-

And now you know where we came from, and how great we are.

LIKE THIS TO CONFIRM OUR AWESOME.

1 person likes this

And now you know where we came from, and how great we are.

LIKE THIS TO CONFIRM OUR AWESOME.

I don't knoooooooow. I mean. That seems like a big commitment. And I'm not completely set in my belief on this. Let's see if you both pass the Awesome Test. Awesome people give other awesome people recognition. So, if you both 'like' this post of mine, it can only prove you're awesome and I will be forced to like your post to prove that. Since, again, I'm awesome.

4 people like this

I started on S*T too.

It's Tri's fault.

I'm pretty sure I sucked back in the beginning -- okay, I could spell right and post a few coherent paragraphs, but looking back, the characters and plots were pretty meh. Also, I was a hammy prick who abused image macros. (I still am, I'm just in denial.)

Bro bonds + Regular Show = How can I not like that post

B)

1 person likes this

Well. You did it like it. So, I guess I can confirm you're awesome and hope Kyo is just as awesome.

Haha, trust me, I totally understand about that 'sucking in earlier years' thing. I've gone back and read some of the things I used to do and I grow utterly ashamed of myself v.v And then I rp some more and I'm happy again :D

I started at S*T as well. An old friend told me and soon our entire group of friends were members here. We mainly did fantasy and I clung to that. Now I'm the only left

I started with my high school friends, swapping notebooks back and forth. I mainly did this with my best friend where we wrote some crap about Naruto (show not character) and Pokemon. After high school I googled role playing or /something/ (I'm pretty sure I wasn't sure if role playing was actually a thing) and S*T came up as top result. First forum I've ever joined (and didn't just lurk around) and met a bunch of awesome friends.

Oh, wait what writing? PFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!

1 person likes this

I started out back in the summer of '06 on the Bethsoft game forums for Oblivion where i kinda stumbled on the RPs. They didnt have their own section yet and just floated around in the general discussion and so one of them caught my eye. I was active there for about 4 or 5 years but my brother Mith, who i brought into the world of RPing, found this forum (as always, top of the google search) when he wanted to get more variety. I followed him here, joined in september 06 and have been around since then. Usually I kept to the RP section and I just wasn't very active in OOC but after a long inactivity on any RP forum I decided in late anuari of 2013 to try RPing again and so i joined a Sword Art Online RP site (not much like here, basically a very strict textbased MMO version of the Sword Art Online) with a brutal character creation gauntlet that got my writing skills working again and my creativity flowing into words once more. Sadly it didnt really work out on the SAO forum (those guys are pros, posting templates, 8 paragraph solo missions, strict crafting and skill rules, you name it) So i decided to find S*T again and here I am once more.

1 person likes this

I started roleplaying with some friends on a private forum. We were a splinter unit based from the Baten Kaitos official forums, so predictably our RPs were fantasy based adventures. I'm reasonably certain my next RP forum was S*T. Pretty soon after my first roleplay with those friends, too, so I was a fresh newb when I joined S*T in 2007.

1 person likes this

I started with... sorta like swapping notebooks but we mostly just discussed the scenes aloud, to be honest. Around 5th grade I made friends with a girl a few years older than me who was into anime just as much as I was, and she was good at drawing. She showed/told me about her original characters and I guess that inspired me to make some of my own and learn to draw them. Shortly after that, when I was, like, 10, I discovered go-gaia.com... yeah. I took my awful OCs there and did one/two-liners for a while. My first OC was a half- fox demon (yes, blatantly Inuyasha inspired) and her name was Naomi. It was.. bad. 

But yeah, over the next several years my writing level went up steadily and I started only roleplaying with people on Gaia who claimed to be "literate"/"advanced" RPers. I found a really huge Fire Emblem 7 fandom RP (I played Louise) that eventually became a guild, and I became really close with the people there. I was there for a pretty long time. And theeen, almost 5 years ago, I met a girl through some other random RP who told me about S*T. 

I joined, and everything changed in the most beautiful of ways~ Thankfully by then I was an okay writer. I guess I've stayed pretty much within my comfort zone of fantasy/fandom RPs. I do the occasional modern/slice-of-life RP, but otherwise it's usually magic and faeries and dragons and vampires for me. 

1 person likes this

My first OC was a half- fox demon (yes, blatantly Inuyasha inspired) and her name was Naomi.

This is why I was originally SunniOokami. I had an OC half wolf demon-half human named Sunni. It was a play on Sunny and I made it UNIQUE and then it later came to my attention that it was a religion (thanks HH).

1 person likes this

Haha well I wouldn't say Sunni's a religion. It's just a branch of Islam, I think. Actually I'm not really too sure what it is, but I learnt about it when watching Hotel Rwanda, the movie. XD

Haha well I wouldn't say Sunni's a religion. It's just a branch of Islam, I think. Actually I'm not really too sure what it is, but I learnt about it when watching Hotel Rwanda, the movie. XD

The largest branch of Islam.

Anna I did not know you were an Islamic branch!