Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Swarm Mystery [Discussion Thread]

118 posts in this topic

That's fine, I'm sorta kinda winging it too.

Hopefully Time doesn't see this

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing!

(Let's hope he forgets this thread exists)

Thank you, Sean, for taking care of me for me :3 *hugs*

As promised, Taco, count me in!! :)

I have a feeling half the players will have no idea what they're doing, at this rate. XD

Also I've updated the first post with the participants list.

... Something like that.

Anyway I will be sending out the roles for those who have already signed up, so we can get this thing started. Signups will remain open until the official commencement of the game, so please join! Don't be discouraged by the seeming complexity of the game; it's really quite simple once you get the hang of it.

The game will be started in about 2 days from now.

Just to be clear... are we allowed to talk strategy in here? Like, "Oh, we should try to do xxx during the day phase and yyy during the night phase?"

Not in here, in the game thread which I will create when the game officially starts. After that, you are only allowed to discuss strategy within that official thread, or using the Message system, or any other means which your abilities allow you to communicate in.

Ah. I meant in the game thread. xD

Sorry, I assumed this would be used as the game thread when we started. D;

It used to be the case. But as you can see, this is already 2 pages of stuff, we started making new threads for the actual game so that the new thread only contains gameplay, so its easier to look back at what people said etc

Ahaha, okay.

Time, to be clear, if we all hole up in our rooms, you'll let the Swarm Host have free access to all of us? :c

The Swarm Host will go out and hack the security system if everyone's in their rooms, of course~

This is why we can't have nice things.

2 people like this

Horrible. >.<

Also, I'm assuming the Assimilated can't betray the Swarm Host? xD

There's no rule stating that you can't betray the Swarm Host. But as an Assimilated, your win condition will be the same as the Swarm Host's EXCEPT for the Alternate Win Condition, which is if the Cure is developed. If the Cure is developed, all players except the Swarm Host wins.

Ooh, Cure? :o

So the Assimilated lose if the Swarm Host is killed? They don't go back to normal?

Sorry for all the questions! Trying to figure this out. >.<

If I come up with a plan that could break your game (don't worry, it's nothing against you; I do this a lot by parsing the rules a hundred times; I think and think and overthink and go crazy), would you like me to PM you ahead of time, or deal with it in real-time during the game? -cough-

Or be nice and let us win? :3

^ This is why I have enemies on my other site and have fled here with Pain. >.<

Actually, sorry for the inconvenience, but I'll just drop out. What has been thought cannot be unthought, and I don't want to trouble you to change the rules because I'm crazy. Sorry for being a horrible troublemaker. :c

Edited by Alisyn

I must say, Alisyn, that a large number of possibilities can occur in this game that're outside your control. People may Murder you, for one, which means you can't carry out your plan anyway. I, for one, have no idea what you've thought of, and I haven't found a way to break the game yet, and if it's just you working on it you won't get far without the co-operation of others. And not everyone will believe you cuz you may just be the Swarm Host or Assimilated or whatever. So I don't think you need worry about breaking the game.

In addition, let me tell you what is more likely to make the game more fun, and that's a new active participant. We've become rather bored of the same people in our games (in fact, I can already give you a lowdown of how some people here will probably act, and that probably breaks the game even more) and it'll be a refreshing change to have a new person with her own ideas and enthusiasm for the game.

Plus I think we're lacking in numbers anyway.

Don't ever say you have a plan. Or that you're important. Unless you really have to.

People tend to murder you.

1 person likes this

Yes, please show me the way to break my game. I'm pretty sure that I thought of everything, but I could be wrong.

(Don't worry about troubling me, I like being troubled with game mechanics like this)

I assure you Octy's a troublesome chap who tries to break our World of Darkness game but we still let him in.

Come to think of it, why do we still let him in?

I don't break it, I simply stretch its limits. There's a difference. And you let me in because I'm such a lovable person, of course.

>Timey

>Lovable

a60.gif

3 people like this

I approximate about 2 to 3 days time. I want to resolve the thing with Alisyn first so we can have more participants. This game was originally designed for 12 players anyway.

Also some characters have abilities which activate before the game begins.

PM'd Time.

Ah well, dying's not fun, but if it's for the greater good... /dramatic

I really do need to invest in a muzzle for myself, though. -sigh-

But no, I'm fairly certain that if we can get the handful of people playing to cooperate, it's an instant-win condition. Besides, I also will be on vacation Thurs-Mon with uncertain Internet access, so I don't want to be a deadweight. Unless I'm Murdered for my dubious brilliance and it doesn't matter. >.>