Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Swarm Mystery [Discussion Thread]

118 posts in this topic

But... Ugh. Idgi. My Traits make absolutely no sense if I were to become the Host, which is why I thought the Host was an independent role with its own Traits. :/

And which was why I searched for an easy way to win the game as a Scientist, albeit by breaking it. xD

Yes. Lurkers always exist. Professionals lurkers are able to attain the state of Non-Existence. Unfortunately, I have just lost my status of being a professional lurker by having posted something and hence losing my state of Non-Existence. 

1 person likes this

Well, you're better off this way. Oblivion is a sorry fate.

Now hold still so the rest of us can murder you.

But... Ugh. Idgi. My Traits make absolutely no sense if I were to become the Host, which is why I thought the Host was an independent role with its own Traits. :/

And which was why I searched for an easy way to win the game as a Scientist, albeit by breaking it. xD

Well, for one, since everyone can learn each others' traits, it'd be too easy to find the Host to begin with unless the Host had normal traits just like the rest of us(unless you are implying your traits are not normal, which I would then write that down somewhere). The Host's traits would change with time. And remember, you might be the first character to be Assimilated so you don't want to think the entire game through with yourself as a Scientist. Sure, it's the goal, but don't forget anyone can change at any time(unless you're planning betrayal, like one of the questions you asked, which I would then also make a note of).

1 person likes this

Don't rely too much on plans. There's plenty of ways things can go wrong, hilariously.

ESPECIALLY if dice rolls are involved. Last game, we villains had a brilliant plan to secure a vote majority after saving one of our own from elimination. It ended with us managing to prevent a hero from committing suicide and our mastermind getting stepped on by the Hulk. Then the Hulk stepped on another of us the turn after, and I was in so deep by then I couldn't do much more than get voted off.

The only thing that saved us in the end was Timey being an evil bastard.

Hopefully. I prefer having things to solve rather than things being randomized. But, the looks of it, this should go more with solving and strategy rather than RNG so I think we're good :3

Thankfully. I'm not keen on Hulk for MVP scenarios either.

I doubt Timey implemented any instant kill or RNG mechanics. He'll just find some other way to screw us all over.

Well, for one, since everyone can learn each others' traits, it'd be too easy to find the Host to begin with unless the Host had normal traits just like the rest of us(unless you are implying your traits are not normal, which I would then write that down somewhere). The Host's traits would change with time. And remember, you might be the first character to be Assimilated so you don't want to think the entire game through with yourself as a Scientist. Sure, it's the goal, but don't forget anyone can change at any time(unless you're planning betrayal, like one of the questions you asked, which I would then also make a note of).

I get that, but I was expecting that the Host would have "normal" Traits and, say, the last Trait would have to do with being the Host. When I was assigned my role, I didn't realize that I could be the Host on top of that. I've just been planning as though I were a Scientist, and not the Host (and yes, there is always the overarching fear of being Assimilated/Murdered. Funfun. I'm just in denial).

And the betrayal was just a point of confusion. I thought that, since the game ended if the Host was killed, the Assimilated Scientists would turn back to normal and share in the victory. So I was wondering if there was a mechanism in place to prevent them from sharing the identity of the Host. I didn't know that the Assimilated had the same win conditions as the Host.

The game has officially begun!

DO TAKE NOTE THAT because we now have 11 players, the total Knowledge level has been increased back to the original 5 points. Refer to the section titled Knowledge for the full details. Players with roles that interact with Knowledge will be PMed accordingly.

For the few of you guys who are new to this game, all in-game discussion should only take place in the game thread and any other means that your abilities allow you to do. No private discussions should take place so that the game can be balanced. Otherwise the Message system would be pointless, right?

The Game is on!

Time to use our powers of deduction. /puts on silly hat

Uhhh.... are our roles supposed to be posted in the thread? Or is that a mistake? -blink-

Also, sorry. I'm not sure I know the difference between these:

Level 2: Player gains the ability to Investigate other players during the night. They will be able to identify Assimilated, but not the Swarm Host.

· Level 3: Player gains the ability to identify Assimilated among the players they Investigate at night.

And sorry Time, but you didn't update the Scientist rule thingy re: Investigate. Edited by Alisyn

They are supposed to be posted. Also, sorry there was a mistake in my editing. At level 2 you can Investigate, but all it will yield is the Characteristics of the Player. Only at level 3 will you be able to detect the Assimilated state.

Doesn't that give away how valuable people are, though, if their role reflects on their traits? :/

/sorry, never did this before

Like, if I were the Host, I'd go after the Medic, SuperScientist, and Genius first. /cue setup for framing me

Ah, alright, thanks. I was confused. Nothing new. xD

I think it works because everyone knows that. Just as the host could target them, so could the innocents. And there's no guarantee the roles that sound the best actually got the best abilities.

I don't mean that one ability is better than another, but we know there's a win option that has to do with formulating a Cure. So one strategy could be to go after the people likely to make one, such as the Medic. :/

Also, I'm confused (what's new?) about where to ask questions now. In here, or in the game thread? So repeating my question about scanning. Is it a public vote in the other thread?

I think our titles are not 100% connected to the abilities we have. It's more like a theme that defines our scientists' personalities~

Time's good at throwing curveballs.

OoC questions go in this thread, ye

Or you could just PM time directly, that's the best way, and you get the most accurate answers

Obviously, the Love Interest is the key to everything. If she dies, the captain will self destruct the ship and kill everybody to prevent the Swarm Host from leaving the ship.

1 person likes this

She's called Pain because that's what she wants for all of us. And exploding is certainly painful, if mercifully brief.

Also because it's what her avatar causes to my eyes. So creepy...

Doesn't Pain mean 'bread' in one of the Romance languages? I remember the Japanese loan word for bread, 'pan', was a corruption of one of them...

Doesn't Pain mean 'bread' in one of the Romance languages? I remember the Japanese loan word for bread, 'pan', was a corruption of one of them...

'Pain' is French for bread. Except it's pronounced more like 'pang'. *adjusts specs*

Thank you, good sir. As expected of the benevolent ruler of Kayke.

My new nickname for Pain will be Bread.

What kind of weird ass condition is Time making all of us post under 

Every single person is behaving so strangely IC  :ph34r:

I think we just so happen to be really great at this roleplaying business. XD

Also, I believe Alisyn's the most normal one among us currently.