Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Swarm Mystery [Discussion Thread]

118 posts in this topic

We're just really dedicated... And bored, for HIGH INTRIGUE has yet to commence.

And here I was thinking I was the most psychotic. Glad that's not true. -cough-

Alisyn why you so serious

I'm just messing with you for jollies. I am very bored.

But you must be the Swarm Host anyway, just because.

I am serious. Serious that you're suspicious and possibly the Host. xD

I'm terrible at being the Host if I really am.

Villains usually try not to say too much unless they're covering their asses, as they might let slip something only they would know. And at this stage of the game, nothing is known so everyone just trolls each other.

Well, you're the most suspicious for trying to thin the herd by voting to lynch me XD

Well, if villains usually don't talk, maybe you're bucking the trend to divert suspicion.

And Time said some people have abilities that activate before the game... so maybe they know something. >.>

Guys guys (Wst and Alisyn), you should direct your accusatory glances towards the main game thread.

And this is why I'll regularly summarize the actions taken, so that people who come in can just get the gist from there.

Clearly, Alisyn isn't familiar with my habit of spewing a stream of stream-of-consciousness drivel even when there is really nothing to be said.

The volume of my drivel is a very unreliable gauge of my actual intent, because little of what I say carries a deeper meaning, and even less makes any sense.

Guys guys (Wst and Alisyn), you should direct your accusatory glances towards the main game thread.

And this is why I'll regularly summarize the actions taken, so that people who come in can just get the gist from there.

But the problem seems to be that people have to read through the whole thread to find where your summary is. XDD

Also, I've a question. If we Catalogue 1 Characteristic every turn, then we pretty much have all the Characteristics Catalogued in 3 turns. That's... wow.

The Catalogue only lasts till the end of the turn. It also won't tell anything about the actual values, it will only reveal if the value has changed in the night.

Only if the Cure is developed. Otherwise all Assimilateds lose when the Swarm Host dies.

Time, question!

Re: Swarm Host/Assimilated rules:

Message another player. This message may be as long or short as you wish, but only 1 message can be sent per Night Phase. The intended recipient will receive the message, regardless of his/her role. This message will be sent out by the GM at the end of the Night Phase.

Does this use up the night action like the Scientist one does?

Also, if the Host fails to Murder me, can I kill it? I'm a Retired Soldier--I should be able to do that much. -_-

No, the Swarm Host and Assimilated have th e advantage that they can send a Message and do some other Night Action as compared to Scientists, because they are supposed to be more active during Night Phases anyway.

Now that we're talking about Night Phases, I realized I never really made this clear because I forgot we have first time players. No discussion should take place in the main discussion thread during the night phase. All of you are sleeping in your rooms or doing something else privately, see.

And no, you may not punch the Swarm Host to death. That would be overpowered. XD

Come on, you know my stats and abilities. It's only reasonable. xD

Another thing that I didn't mention cuz it was also present in the past games: although it is risky to kill a fellow scientist, whenever a player dies, his/her character bio will be revealed to everyone, including his Traits and characteristics. So if you think that this information will be helpful to you, then by all means go ahead.