Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DayDreamer

Nations Game

437 posts in this topic

No problem, I don't mind moving house and plopping my butt down in Africa. Been considering doing it actually.

edit: wait, isn't Australia a continent?

Embrace your African self, Noia. Be one with the boobies.

No problem, I don't mind moving house and plopping my butt down in Africa. Been considering doing it actually.

edit: wait, isn't Australia a continent?

Yeah, so DayDay was saying he can't have only 1 player on each continent, so I'm assuming that counts for Noia too.

Unless Australia's like part of the Asia-Pacific, which is also another way of putting it.

Ehhh dang it
in that case I can't use Africa too, yea? Since I'll be alone in there again.

If Ether moves to Africa you'll be fine too. But while we're at it, is Europe considered a separate continent from Asia? Because they're not separated by a sea.

The thick lines should count as something, probably.

Wanna make a Cake-bird alliance, Eth?

I can move to Africa, no problems. We can always make, uh, blackforest cake there. =p

I'll take any 5 provinces in central Africa then. I'll be damned if I have to go through the hassle of trying to crop and tag another 5 provinces again with the amateur image-editing software I have in this computer. >.<

I guess my army can export booby eggs for you to make cake with too.

A split like this would be fair, equal opportunities to grow~

hGjx8Ix.jpg

I'll join!

Country Name: Sisconistan

Government Type: Dictatorship

Color: Red

Description: There is only one man in the country, an absolute god-ruler whose word is equal to divine pronouncement: The Onii-chan. Every other inhabitant of the country is his inbred younger sister, brainwashed into being his loyal servants. Because of all the inbreeding, their genomes are heavily damaged resulting in mutations like strange-colored hair and Tendo Syndrome, a usually-rare condition where the mind is unable to distinguish love and homicidal intent.

When the Onii-chan reaches 28, he is expected to sire a male heir by choosing partners among his imoutos to become the next Onii-chan. All daughters sired before that are culled, for the Onee-sama is an anathema who will only destabilize the fabric of this society. Similarly, all younger brothers are culled at birth or exiled. There can only be one Onii-chan.

Location[: As the name suggests, somewhere in Central Asia. Doesn't particularly matter.

Well the thing is while the original game said people shouldn't be alone on continents, the "Oceanic" continent, which has just Australia, New Zealand, New Guinea, and all the various islands east of it, I don't think they are equal in number of provinces to Europe or Asia. There is too many to count to check. Although, if you guys don't mind migrating to Africa, then that makes things easier. We can leave Australia and the Americas uninhabited, ripe to be colonized in future.

Also for note, the continents on this map are North America (including Canada and what I think is Greenland), South America (including Cuba), Europe (including Iceland), Africa, Oceania (as outlined above), and Asia (including the Middle-East).

I guess my army can export booby eggs for you to make cake with too.

A split like this would be fair, equal opportunities to grow~

hGjx8Ix.jpg

In international relations, straight lines that cut across borders like that cause wars. >.<

I'll take the 5 provinces North of that line, I guess. There's no capital city gameplay-wise, right?

It would be fun to have a capital city, though if we were to implement something like that I'd probably shift my provinces into somewhere in China. Having a coastline capital is terribly hard to defend.

we wouldn't start warring though.

(or will we)

:lol:

I'll grab the lower half, in that case.

Yeah there's no capital cities.

Here's the updated map, let me know if you guys whose provinces I've picked randomly wish to move them about:

mc1LmsO.png

Dibs on the Middle East. Onii-chan has spoken.

In light of the fact it's gonna take a while to go through the first round of turns anyway, and people can join after this begins, I'm gonna declare the Nations Game to have started. There's no turn order so everyone should feel free to take their actions whenever. As a just in case rule, after 48 hours elapse, if there are still people who haven't taken a turn, I'll PM them to see what is up. If I don't get any sort of response within another 48 hours, their turn will be skipped.

Actions should be posted here in the thread (even combat - the defender gets to know how many armies are marching against them anyway). Do write a little snippet of RP for your actions, then leave a space and put the actions in brackets, a spoiler tag, or bolded or something. This way your actual actions will be clear for me to find, whilst you can feel free to RP those actions however you wish. For the sake of RPing, each turn = 5 years IC. I'm starting at the date 0AD, and will catalogue the events of each turn as a sort of timeline, in the first post.

You all start with 2G, plus you gain your 5G income from provinces for this first turn - so you've got 7GP to spend this turn all up. Anything you don't spend will be stored in your bank for later use. And you should choose 5 adjacent provinces to expand into each turn (they don't have to be adjacent to your current 5 provinces, as long as all your provinces connect in the end it is valid). You can indicate your province expansions same as you did with selecting your starting ones.

If you have any questions about what to do, or would like to check over your move to see if it's right before you start RPing it, just shoot me a PM and I'll be happy to help. It'll be straightforward enough after everyone works out their first turn, I believe.

[example turn:]

Blah di blah ruler of surreality all hail blah blah RPingness. <- RP goes here

[buy 2 Armies, invest 5GP in Trade tech] <- technical details go here

EDIT: Also I'm going to make Australia part of the Asia continent, since there's 3 players vying for space there but only 2 on the other continents.

DayDreamer, could you put my first 5 provinces right next to Noia's on the other side of the line?

Oh I assumed the line was just for your planning. Okay, I'll put both your first 5 provinces against each other along that line:

GyKJM2O.png

It's a pink-blue Iron Curtain. This can only spell trouble, my fellow nations of deviants.

Hiro Karasawa surveyed the great land that he had chosen, standing atop his G*ndam 00 Shining Strike Wing Destiny as his band of followers rallied around him, gazing up at his magnificent figure. "Today!" He declared, thrusting his hands out towards the setting sun. "We advance for the betterment of our kingdom! For if we do not dare to step into the unknown, who shall do it for us?! Come, my brothers in arms! Let us proceed forwards, never turning to look behind!"

[build 7 armies, expand 5 provinces as shown below]

9obGmgj.png

Queen B slammed her pastel blue, webbed foot down on the podium, her beady eyes practically sparkling in excitement. "Squawk SQUAWK! Squawkitty squaw. Caw caw. [Let us tarry no further, my feathered brethren. We shall rise. First on the agenda: CAKE.]" The booby population let out a tremendous and passionate call in unison, pledging their alliance to their Queen.

[+5 Provinces, 5gold to Trade Lv 0, 2gold to Army Lv 0]

ozj4yTh.jpg

We, the Emperor of the Megane Empire, hereby decree that my followers shall expand into Limburg, Overijssel, Gelderland, Drenthe and Groningen! Next turn we shall posses all of The Netherlands when we take over Friesland!

Also what kind of Imperialists would be be without a suitable army? We shall invest all of our hard earned gold into producing a 7 armies of religious zealots!

[Expand into 5 territories still in The Netherlands and create 7 armies.]

We the people of Haremania declare that it is time to expand into the first 5 borders below our current territory. Also we must make sure we are prepared to trade as soon as possible. All of our gold to Trade Tech research!

[+5 territory, 7gold to Trade Tech lvl0]