Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DayDreamer

Nations Game

437 posts in this topic

The Onii-chan, hallowed be his name, has spoken!

We are to claim the great expanses to the west for the glory of our master, so that he may romp upon verdant fields of plenty! 

The Onii-chan has decreed that our coffers are to grow to infinity, and our ledgers to stretch to the stars above! We shall cast aside the foolish pursuit of warmongering and bloodshed and invest our gold... IN THE NAME OF PROFIT!

[i claim the 5 territories closest to me in the west, and invest all my gold in trade tech.]

Presidential Pâttisier Princy whipped out his ceremonial egg-beater and declared, "C'est un beau jour en effet! Faisons gâteau pendant que le soleil brille! Pour les 5 prochaines années, nous allons concentrer notre expertise sur l'apprentissage des goûts et de la langue de nos voisins à plumes! Afin que nous puissions rompre le pain avec eux, pour le bénéfice mutuel de nos grandes nations!"

(This is a fine day indeed! Let us make cake while the sun shines! For the next 5 years, we shall focus our expertise on learning the tastes and tongue of our feathery neighbors! So that we may break bread with them, for the mutual benefit of our great nations!)

[+5 Provinces, 5gold to Trade (Lv 0 -> 1), 2gold to Navy Tech (Lv 0 -> 1)]

E7ubXlH.png

I'm a bit confused by people's actions right now. I'm assuming we need 10G to get to the first level of any Tech, right?

We can dump in an amount of money first, but it won't level up till it hits 10gp (for level 1, at least)

Ohhh, I see.

Well in that case, I shall expand 5 provinces downwards in Indonesia. I don't mind which as long as they take me closer to Australia.

Also, I'd like 2 Navies and 3 Armies.

(I believe we all have 7 gold to spend during our first round)

0AD-5AD

Young nations branch outward and begin paving their policies for the future. The Megane Empire and SHOUNEN no Kuni take the militant approach, recruiting droves of soldiers to defend... or to conquest? Meanwhile, Haremania and Sisconistan invest in development of their trade routes and procedures, setting their sites on wealth and prosperity in future. Kayke and Booby Paradise diversified their research slightly moreso, while the Prosper Islands built ships and trained armies for a diverse defense force.

zm0w0Xs.png

mo3dYwK.png

[Turn 2 begins now. You get income at the start of your turn, so you all have 10 gold from your 10 provinces. As a note, any tech or armies/navies you buy in a turn, can be used on that same turn.]

"What is this?!"

Hiro Karawasa demanded an explanation from one of his comrades, as his advance was halted by the existence of a strange, blue substance that prevented him from further expansion. A blue haired boy with a scar in the shape of a longsword on his forehead stepped forwards, offering an explanation. "That's called water, Hiro-chan. We need to research boats if we want to cross it unharmed."

"Get me these 'boats' immediately!" Hiro yelled. "I will not stand for this!"

[Spend 10G to upgrade Naval Tech to level 1. Claim 5 territories as shown (in light blue so you can tell which ones are new)]

IQf1ria.png

1 person likes this

"Caw hoothoot! [We crave more!]"

The boobies cried out, urging their Queen on. And more, she shall give.

[+5 Provinces, 10gold to Trade Lv 0 â†’ 1]

W60Eop1.jpg

DD, can I check whether:

"If you attacking a province that is on another continent (and oversea), you require 1 Navy per 5 Armies."

means

A) To carry 5 of my Armies overseas, I need 1 Navy or

B) To fight someone else's 5 armies, I require 1 Navy

Yes, A. 1 navy carries 5 of your armies to the land you want to attack.

And I see your edit Noia

The ruler had been away the previous year, plotting some executive decisions that he ensured were kept completely confidential to his citizens. Today, however, he was forced to appear, but it was on glad tidings, for he had successfully introduced conscription to the nation.

"Today, all of you pirates have a job, which is to protect the nation!" he announced triumphantly. "We're building Navies from your ships and Armies out of you able-bodied men. And very soon, we shall be able to invade the fertile lands out at sea, which will expand our land resource, and thus build us more housing, more jobs, and a brighter future for your children!"

"Iunno," one pirate muttered, "it sounds like this guv'ment thing's stealing us out of our more profitable jobs, in order to slog for them." After which he was promptly caught and arrested.

"We shall have no vice in our nation," continued the ruler, "and this includes crimes like robbing vessels of precious cargo. We're a proud nation, and we shall earn our rightful money to buy them. In fact, I'm going to educate all of you to do just that."

To which he set to work training his chosen Navy crew in undersea technology, and to stop tying flags of skulls and crossbones to their submarines.

"Aye, but how are they to know where we are if we don't wave tha' flag?" one Naval Officer asked.

[10g into Naval Tech]

We, the Emperor of the Megane Empire, hereby decree that my followers shall expand into Friesland and then take over Belgium! Belgian Chocolate is the best chocolate and the thing Megane no Bishoujou love most next to their Emperor is Chocolate!

In order to celebrate our Alliance with Haremania, since they have accepted our demands of wearing Megane, we shall invest everything in Trade in order to prosper along with them!

[Territories
here. +10 in Trade]

OOC: Would also like to confirm that I need 2 Trade and 1 Navy to trade with Kyo?

Oh also, forgot to mention that now that I've a proper-sized Navy, I shall expand into the next island that gets in the way of Australia!

OOC: Would also like to confirm that I need 2 Trade and 1 Navy to trade with Kyo?

Exactly, and he will need the same

Presidential Pâtissier Princy set down his exquisite rolling pin down on the podium stand before him, hands shaking slightly.  He had important news for his country.

"Nous avons mis en beaucoup de sang, de la sueur, des larmes et de la farine dans les cinq dernières années, et je suis fier (et je ne veux fier!) De vous annoncer que nous allons bientôt perfectionner l'art de la cuisson des gâteaux fruités! Il s'agit d'une étape historique pour notre jeune nation! Et quelle est la cerise sur le gâteau, demandez-vous? Eh bien, les fruits bien sûr, mais plus important encore, il doit être le centre de nos relations diplomatiques avec nos voisins aviaire, les Boobies! Nous sommes en pourparlers maintenant, et ils ont transmis à nous de leur enthousiasme pour nos gâteaux aux fruits!"

"Mais! Nous ne devons pas nous reposer sur nos étoiles Michelin! Non! Nous devons progresser dans notre quête pour répandre gâteau au monde! Dans cet esprit, je vous annonce que nous allons investir massivement dans la personnalisation de gâteaux de noix pour les cinq prochaines années! Du monde ira noix sur nos gâteaux! "

("We have put in much blood, sweat, tears and flour in the past five years, and I am proud (and I do mean proud!) to announce that we shall soon perfect the art of baking fruity cakes! It is a historical milestone for our young nation! And what is the icing on the cake, you ask? Well, fruits obviously, but more importantly it shall be the centre of our diplomatic ties with our avian neighbors, the Boobies! We are in talks now, and they have conveyed to us their enthusiasm for our fruit cakes!")

("But! We must not rest on our Michelin Stars! No! We must progress in our quest to spread cake to the world! In that spirit, I announce that we shall invest heavily into customizing nutty cakes for the next five years! The world will go nuts over our cakes!")

The people cheered, and squirrels all around Kayke were tamed to harvest nuts for the delicacy cakes that Kayke will soon churn out by the thousands over the next 5 years.

[+5 Provinces, 10gold to Trade (Lv 0 -> 1 -> 2)]

WO7jBqa.jpg

"Ah, excellent! We have expanded into further territories I see!" Kyoko-sama, Wise and Honourable Leader of Haremania declared as he fixed the brand new megane he had been gifted from his neighbour of the Megane Empire. He surveyed the seven loyal members of his harem, each of them now also sporting their new megane. 

"Kyoko-san...I have 20/20 vision, this seems rather unnecessary..." muttered the rather cute and shy member of his Harem. 

"Well they look adorable anyway, besides we must humbly accept gifts from our neighbours!" Kyoko-sama responded. "Now on to business! I want you to finish up that trade tech research. And flush some funds into the Naval Tech. And I suppose I better have some form of military, but not too big. I'm not a fan of fighting. Keep pushing the trade tech though, I've got more panties than I know what to do with! We need to get them exported all over this world!"

[+5 territories here, 3 Gold into Trade Tech > lvl1, 5 gold to Naval Tech > lvl 0.5, 2g > 2 army]

Onii-chan has spoken!

We shall continue our holy crusade westward, and prepare our coffers for the day they fill with the riches of others! All hail Onii-chan! Glory to Sisconistan!

[Expand by 5 provinces as seen below. Invest 10 more gold into Trade Tech.]

zm0w0Xs1.png

5AD-10AD

The seeds of future relations are planted, as almost every nation develops its trade capabilities. Kayke and Booby Paradise continue their cooperation, fully dividing Africa into peaceful halves while abstaining from army development - such is their innate trust. Whilst Haremania and the Megane Empire similarly seem to be cooperating, with a gift of megane sent to Haremania, both sides have armies at the ready; who knows how long their cooperation will last? Prosper Islands and SHOUNEN no Kuni invest heavily in their naval technologies, that they may branch outward from their small island beginnings, with designs on the larger world in mind. Meanwhile, Sisconistan expands alone, spreading across Asia with seemingly peaceful intent - but what are Onii-chan's true motives?

fINNmRA.png

dkbq9G9.png

[Turn 3 begins now]

We, the Emperor of the Megane Empire, hereby decree that my followers shall expand into the remaining part of Belgium and then move into Germany! German women are cows, but with the power of Megane anyone can become semi-attractive! If we have offended any German women we do not care! If the Emperor says German women are cows, they should stop moo-ing!

In order to prepare for trade as soon as possible we shall invest in Navy and Trade!

[
Territories. 5 in Trade and 10 in Naval]

EDIT: Mixed up Trade and Naval.

Edited by Seanzilla

The boobies cheered as their trade officers stepped up on stage to give their reports. After quieting down the squawks and chirps, the two boobies puffed out their plumage grandly and announced: 

"CAW QUACK SKITTEEDLY DOO DOO!!! [TRADE SHALL BE ESTABLISHED WITH THE CAKE PEOPLE!!!]"

The Queen walked up to join the two reporting officers, with a huge fruit cake balanced on her outstretched wing. She hoisted it up into the air triumphantly, not unlike showing off a trophy. The booby population raised their precious booby eggs in response, roaring with joy.

"Hoot hoot snicker gargle doo! [There's more to come!]" The officers yelled over the celebration. "CACKLE CAWCAW!! SQUEEE! [We intend to introduce more modern trends into our society!! Please await our next report!]" 

[+5 Provinces, 15gold to Trade Lv 1 â†’ 2 / Initiate trade with Kayke]

I'll just grab any 5 provinces beside my current 15~

"Kyoko-sama!" The proud and strong willed woman yelled, she was Himeko, the Grandmaster of the Haremania Battle Harem Division, and A member of Kyoko-sama's personal Harem. "Our borders are expanding rapidly! This is a problem!"

"How so?" Kyoko-sama asked

"Because we are running out of land to expand into!" Himeko declared

"Ah...well then I guess we better figure out how to make one of those 'boat' thingies" Kyoko-sama decided. "And don't forget to make some progress with our trade research! The sooner I can get a fresh batch of panties to the Emperor of the Megane Empire the sooner we can work together towards prosperity. With Megane and a fresh batch of panties for every person, we will surely ascend our combined nations into divinity!"

[add 5 territories, any is fine, can't make a pick as I'm not on my pc right now. Also 10g to Trade Tech (lvl 1.5)and 5g to Naval Tech (lvl 0.5)]

Onii-chan, may his divine light show us the way for a thousand years, has spoken! Our glorious nation must grow yet more mighty in our pursuit of glorious capitalism -- We shall reach a new height in our understanding, thus abandoning the crude practices of the past and learning how to use this "money" thing! Then, to guard our land from the liars, the snakes and the barbarians who call our enlightened world order "incestuous and unnatural", we shall arm ourselves for cruel warfare! Commence the Imouto Cloning Program -- a new breed of warrior who even in death, can be easily replaced!

Onii-chan has received word of strange and wonderful lands to the East. We shall expand hither so that we and our new friends can engage in JOLLY COOPERATION!

[Expand in a straight line eastward. Spend 13 gold to level up Trade, 2 gold on armies.]