Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DayDreamer

Nations Game

437 posts in this topic

"Hiro-chan! We have successfully constructed boats, as you have requested!"

The great hero nodded as he and his valiant soldiers sailed across the Sea of SHOUNEN, landing upon the mainlands as they made their rapid advance towards the place where they had heard the Sisconistan Empire was located. "My intel has informed me that this neighbour of ours has valuable pictures and videos of tsundere imoutos that we must obtain immediately!" Hiro Karasawa declared, raising his sword into the air. "We shall make every effort to swap pictures with them at once!"

[Spend 10G to upgrade Trade Tech to lvl 1, build 5 Armies, expand with 5 provinces as shown]

8KGAfMD.png

Onii-chan has seen these strangers from across the sea , and it pleases him! We shall gladly release the hallowed iconography for distribution, but we must learn of this 'moe' you have possession of for the continued progression of the Glorious Culture of Siscon!

Come, let us divide this continent between us with our shared borders!

[initiate Trade with Shounen no Kuni. Place my new provinces south of SHOUNEN no Kuni's new acquisitions.]

EDIT: Wait a moment, only I have enough trade levels to start this trade. We'll have to save that for next turn.

The ruler was getting concerned. Every other notable country in the region was engaging in trade, which would benefit them immensely, giving their citizens more jobs and also a more worldly exposure. Being a consumerist himself, he knew very well what a thriving economy and import of fashionable goods would do. However, he also knew that nobody would pay any heed to their small country.

"Have no fear!" he told his citizens, who admittedly didn't feel much fear at all. "We shall expand our lands aggressively and acquire more resources of our own. Everyone will want to share resources and trade with us then!" he declared.

His citizens, in a rare moment of prudence, decided to refrain from telling him that they had been taking part in illegal smuggling for the past years.

"We would have to build some army technology too. After all, we're a fragile country capable of being attacked by much bigger countries in the rest of the continent," said the ruler, "and therefore we shall strive to make our army tech just as updated as our naval."

[10g to Army Tech]

[4 g to Navy]

[1 g to Army]

Provinces-wise, can I expand into Australia now? It's part of the same continent as Asia, isn't it?

Finance Flourist Fancy eagerly pushed his face up close to the camera such that his freckles, lightly dusted with flour, can be seen on the national channel of every television in Kayke. He had delectable news to report.

"Les citoyens de Kayke, nous avons établi notre première alliance commerciale avec la belle nation de Booby Paradise! Ils sont expérimentés nos spécialités de gâteaux fruités et sont maintenant heureux comme des alouettes (jeu de mots!). Pourparlers sont actuellement en cours en ce qui concerne la façon dont nous pourrions étendre l'étendue de nos relations pour couvrir les questions de sécurité ainsi! Mais pour l'instant, laissez-nous manger, chanter et être joyeux sur cette glorieuse journée de la paix!"

("Citizens of Kayke, we have established our very first trade alliance with the beautiful nation of Booby Paradise! They are experienced our specialty fruity cakes and are now as happy as larks (pun intended!). Talks are now underway regarding how we might extend the breadth of our relations to cover security issues as well! But for now, let us eat, sing and be merry on this sweet day of peace!")

[+5 Provinces, 15gold to Trade (Lv 1 -> 2), accept Trade Agreement with Booby Paradise]

0EO0IzH.png

10AD-15AD

The amicable relations between Booby Paradise and the people of Kayke continues, as the two nations sign a joint Trade Agreement for their mutual benefit. The populace of Booby Paradise enjoy the bountiful cake supply that follows.  Sisconistan and SHOUNEN no Kuni spread their lands toward each other, their territories seeming to smack together in a manly geographical fist-bump. Meanwhile, the Megane Empire expands into Germany, their morale bolstered by Haremania's promises of fresh panty shipments to be forthcoming. The Prosper Islands look to be the odd ones out, with no immediate means of entering peaceful trade, nor particular proximity to others - their existence is scarcely of note to the other nations. They begin developing a strong army and navy, perhaps preparing for the day they make others notice them.

yeSwb19.png

PTAXYJb.png

[Kayke and Booby have extra income from their Trade Agreement, which applies immediately, so this turn they have 30G to spend while everyone else is still on 20G. Capitalism, ho!]

This is a peaceful era for the Prosper Islands, as they begin to slowly and surely develop their economy. The ruler had commissioned the Ten-Year Plan to go into more naval development. There was a short delay when his advisors mistook his order to mean the development of belly buttons, and went entirely on the wrong track producing navel rings and other stomach adornments.

[20g to Naval Tech]

[take the next 5 provinces in Australia]

We, the Emperor of the Megane Empire, hereby decree that my followers shall expand further into Germany! Our initial results of the Megane make-over are looking good, so further expansion into the territory will surely lead to the creation of several Megane no Bishoujo. We will also invest all of our money into Trade so we can finally start an agreement with Haremania. Surely they will be able to teach us a thing or two about Harems so we can successfully create a harem of Megane no Bishoujo our glorious Emperor.

[Territories. +20 into Trade. Request trade with Haremania.]

Queen Booby's snoozing lightly on her dining table, bits of fruit cake still stuck on her glorious beak. With no one at the helm, the general booby population decided to just ask a Magic 8 Ball and use its answers to guide their way.

[+5 Provinces, 20gold to Trade Lv 2 â†’ 3 / 10gold Naval Lv 0 â†’ 1 ]

zv1bEM7.jpg

There's like 10 islands beside North Africa

;_________________;

I'm sure Wst would be more than happy to engage in war with the hardy Prosper Islands !

The extremely kind and caring and well mannered king of cake wouldn't be miffed at such trivial matters, I'm sure. *shifty eyes*

"So...this is a boat eh?" Kyoko-sama stood on the large vessel, his arms folded, not sure what to make of it.

"Technically it's a ship" replied Sayuri, Overseer of the Engineering Harem Squad, and his smartest personal Harem member.

"How so? What's the difference?" Kyoko-sama asked

"Well to put it simply." Sayuri explained, "You can put a boat on a ship, but you cannot but a ship on a boat."

"Ah I see..." Kyoko-sama nodded sagely. "So this boat, how many shipments of panties will it hold?"

"Thousands" came the response.

"Excellent. Our first ship shall sail to the Megane Empire. bring them glorious panties!"

[expand south 5 territories. 20g into trade. Accept trade request with Megane Empire]

I'm testing out the expanding mechanics; will I be able to grab the puny island on the left with 1 lv in Naval? 

Yes. Although, you need to change the other territories you've marked: you already have most of them. I'm guessing you're using your own copy of the map, but had not updated it with the provinces I gave you last turn, when you said to just pick any. So yeah, have a look at my last map update.

Onii-chan desires trade with SHOUNEN no KUNI, but it seems that their ridiculous gravity-defying hair took up all the space meant for their brains, so they don't understand what 'money' means! We shall establish trade with them the moment they rise from their barbarism, but meanwhile, we shall forge southwards in search of new markets! While the Prosper Islands sound like a warlike and uncivilized lot, perhaps they will see the value of our lucre and harvested imouto organs! MAY OUR COFFERS BE FILLED LIKE THE OCEANS!

Meanwhile, we shall continue development of Project I, and continue our investment into the holy quest of PROFIT!

HAIL ONII-CHAN! MAY HE STAND TALL FOR A THOUSAND YEARS!

P.S. We do not wish war with the Prosper Islands! You lot may be barbarians who spend your lives upon the water plundering the innocent, but our enlightened culture has STANDARDS. Onii-chan refuses to stoop to your barbaric ways! Just because we're an autocracy ruled by a rabid cult of personality doesn't mean we wish to destroy all who stand before us!

Unless their odour offends Onii-chan, in which you will be purged by fire and steel! I trust that you are not terminally malodorous, people of the Prosper Islands?

zm0w0Xs2.png

[Claim land as shown below. Invest 5 gold into armies and 15 gold into Trade Tech]

I'll spend all 20G to up Trade Tech to lvl 2. Any 5 provinces in Asia above the last 5 will do. Initiate Trade Agreement with Sisconistan.

The citizens of Kayke were starting to enjoy the perks of moderate prosperity. Everywhere one looked, one saw experimental bakeries blooming. Yes, the people of Kayke were now affluent enough that they were able to bake for leisure, instead of merely baking what the state required for its economy. For instance, Darling's Delicatessen was now looking into alternatives to sugar for its cake, ostensibly due to a rising concern that its sugary staples were causing dental problems for the country's population.

However, dental problems, sticky issues though they may be, were not going to stop Kayke's economic progress.

"Suivons le commerce et la recherche sans relâche! Pour exporter des gâteaux pour le monde, nous aurons besoin de plus de poids économique! Le capitalisme, hah! Le Kaypitalism doit montrer la voie en avant!" declared Princy.

("Let us pursue trade and research relentlessly! To export cakes to the world, we'll need more economic clout! Capitalism, hah! Kaypitalism shall point the way forth!")

[+5 provinces, invest 30g into Trade (Lv2 -> 3)]

TxuvqnF.png

The people of Shounen no Kuni finally know what the shiny pieces of metal we're proffering at them are! Rejoice, for we will now engage in Jolly Cooperation!

In the name of profit, I accept the trade!

15AD-20AD

The world remains peaceful, despite the potential for a territorial dispute between the people Kayke and Booby Paradise - the spirit of cooperation lingers in the air still. Megane Empire and Haremania begin a formal trading relationship. Sisconistan and SHOUNEN no Kuni also develop a trading partnership, once both sides managed to figure out currency. This ironically leaves the Prosper Islands lagging behind in prosperity. Wealth abounds, and inequality grows.

WbMdPoq.png

IbxK50x.png

"I am going to sue this United Nations DayDreamer spokesman," said the ruler calmly, "for saying that we're far from prosperous, and the cause of world income inequality. This is libel and I can receive some monetary compensation out of this. Get me a lawyer."

A pirate trained in law was thus sent the UN way to "parlay".

In the meantime, the ruler continued to coldly build up his military prowess.

[5 more provinces in Australia]

[20 g to Army Tech]

[4 g to Navies]

[1 g to Armies]

"I am going to sue this United Nations DayDreamer spokesman," said the ruler calmly, "for saying that we're far from prosperous, and the cause of world income inequality. This is libel and I can receive some monetary compensation out of this. Get me a lawyer."

A pirate trained in law was thus sent the UN way to "parlay".

In the meantime, the ruler continued to coldly build up his military prowess.

[5 more provinces in Australia]

[20 g to Army Tech]

[4 g to Navies]

[1 g to Armies]

CivV27-002.jpg