Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rubberrazors

Psychedelic Space Lounge

636 posts in this topic

Hey, guys! How could we miss the Psychedelic Space Lounge (i.e. General Discussions), eh?

Let's talk about stuff that doesn't have or doesn't need its own thread, but let's also make the Big Guys' jobs easier by keeping it spam-free. That doesn't just mean ads but also the dreaded pointless jibberjabber and the many limbo threads. If you want a Random Discussion (something I'm not all interested in) you can ask the Big Guys. If you think the topic you want to talk about won't won't get all that much attention as its own thread go ahead and put it here instead. I think it'd be best to do that anyways just in case and once it gets plenty popular here, move it to a brand new thread. All the while, let's stay on topic and even change topics as long as its on topic and drown ourselves in multiple discussions, yeah?

Obviously, Big Guys, if y'all need to add specific rules or even close this thread then do ya thing, mang.

So to start this off, I guess it'd be appropriate to congratulate ACK! and her new fine crew on the rerererebooted site! What amazing fellas! #someonefindanewtopicwhileikisssomebutt

Thanks, Sunni! This place is definitely in debt to our new management. They're my trap door so if I fuck up again (which is possible), at least this place will still be chugging along! But this new forum software is cool and fun and expensive, so I might stick around for a little while. ;P

So how about them local sports teams?

We're just here to give ack! some slack. It get's harder taking care of this place when grown up stuff gets in the way. 

I dunno anything about local sports teams... I actually dont know anything about sports in general. 

Laaaaaaame. But speaking of that, I've been wanting for a long time to do some sort of boxing. I want kick boxing but I'll probably start with ol' punch boxing.

I want to get fit, exercise, do a bit of weights, and learn some cool dance moves. I will probably do none of those things. 

I know a few people who do muai thai kick boxing. Can't say I've ever seen anyone get so excited about paying money to get their ass kicked every week but there you go!

I did Judo for a bit, but I got tired of getting my ass flipped upside my head and smashed against a 'soft mat' which is soft the way a brick might be when plunging into your head from a great height.

1 person likes this

I used yo lift weights but my arms/chests are so frustratingly weak that it demotivated me from doing it anymore. That's why I wanted to try getting beat up so it's at least something I also like to do.

I need to start going to the gym, but the idea is really overwhelming to me. I just hate the idea of it sucking up time in my day. Whine complain. But I'm getting grossly overweight at this point. :(

Yeah, I'm the kind of person who complains about wanting ALL THE ME TIME but I swear even with that attitude, doing some sort of exercise for 1/2-1 hour makes you feel great and refreshed and like all the free time you have left will be even more worth it.

I loved exercising (except running, screw running) the only thing that kept me from doing it was getting frustrated with results (chest/arms), then discouraged, then lazy.

Also, for those who are interested in getting into working out sign up for Fitocracy. It's a cute and fun way to keep track of your progress in a bit of a MMO way of points/leveling, quests and goals.

That totally sounded like a sponsor post I'M SO SORRY.

I need to start going to the gym, but the idea is really overwhelming to me. I just hate the idea of it sucking up time in my day. Whine complain. But I'm getting grossly overweight at this point. :(

Get a treadmill for home, play video games while running/walking. My friend does that, it sounds like a pretty good solution if time is the issue.

I don't see myself ever going to a gym or such. My weight hasn't changed from its usual low in almost a decade, and when I had to do a cardio test on a treadmill as part of heart checks, it seems I'm in excellent shape there.

I probably need to do some sport still though, outdoors, because I have ridiculously low vitamin D levels from lack of sunlight. The alternative is taking vitamin capsules every day forever basically, although that still is the attractively lazier option.

I really need to go back to the gym again, I used to do sports twice a week, but because I got a job fairly far from my home I kinda lost the time and motivation. I would like to start spinning again though, that stuff was awesome and the most killing thing I've ever done.

I feel the same way, eh? Only i've done much of my weight loss through strict diet. Lost 30 pounds in two and a half months! Just gotta keep with it cus, whether exercise, diet (or both, is best) you will always reach those plateau's where, even though you're doing the right stuff, your body just doesnt wanna lose the weight for a few days/weeks.  

Get a treadmill for home, play video games while running/walking. My friend does that, it sounds like a pretty good solution if time is the issue.

I kinda do the same thing where I put on netflix and ride a bike or run (in the gym) so it's not just me sitting/walking in place. Lately, I've been using it to catch up on 30Rock so I can then watch the final season.

I feel the same way, eh? Only i've done much of my weight loss through strict diet. Lost 30 pounds in two and a half months! Just gotta keep with it cus, whether exercise, diet (or both, is best) you will always reach those plateau's where, even though you're doing the right stuff, your body just doesnt wanna lose the weight for a few days/weeks.  

Diet is the weightloss key and then a /good/ diet and exercise makes you look awesome when you lose that weight. I lost 14lbs while going back and forth between diets and exercise. I only want to lose another 10 or so pounds but I'm pretty satisfied with how I look now so I just want to be not lazy.

Gyms suck. I'm on a diet again but exercise sucks just as much as ever. Temps are high so I can't even go hiking (which is pretty much the only acceptable exercise for me) unless I want to have a heat stroke and fall off the mountain.

I kind of want to try muay thai though. I love it but I'd get demolished.

heh. i just had something randomly generate a series of number and letters, and part of it says "clit"

brb loling forever

I actually enjoyed running. I dont know why I tend to get lazy and stop exercising and dieting because when i do it I really enjoy it. Then it stops suddenly for some stupid reason and I never get back to it. 

Anyone got a Samsung Galaxy s4? I think I might be in love with mine. But I don't know how to tell it. 

My roommate has an S4 and she loves it (compared to how crappy her oldie phone was). I only have an S3.

My roommate also has an S4. I have a Driod Maxxx HD. Neither of us can figure out how to work that hover shit.

What's the difference between the S3 and the S4? I just recently got an S3.

In short, size and some little updates. I got the S3 just as the S4 was coming but didn't really mind. Even after playing around with iamBATMAN's phone which is pretty neat I'm still satisfied with mine.

I'm happy with my S3 and I've had it for about a year. Still suits my want and needs. :)

I have a blackberry, so I can't contribute to FANCY FONE TALK.  :(

Let's talk about birds now.

How do you guys feel about BIRDS

I recently almost had a heart attack because I thought my bird pooped some horrible bloody poop, and then after being hysterical and calling vets for twenty minutes I realized that he'd just dropped a treat into his water bowl and it melted.

1 person likes this