Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rubberrazors

Psychedelic Space Lounge

636 posts in this topic

Panicking about birds is the worst, ever. I recently adopted a lovebird who lost his left wing in a scuffle with a cat. Administering oral medications to a bird is like... It was almost like I was thumb wrestling with his tongue. Seriously. 

I saw birds at the zoo. There were these small ones playing in the dirt like little cuties~

Reminds me when Pooka broke a blood feather, and apparently all I had to do was use a pair of tweezers to pull it out. But I was like, super panicky for three hours while we took her to the vet. :(

I had to take care of a few birds in a shelter environment and they were usually surrendered pets. They were creepy and unsociable and I'm afraid I don't understand birds too well... But I do like peregrine falcons and red tailed hawks!

PS. Also those adorable tiny underground owls.

There's a permanent, nonmigratory population of Canada Geese in my neighbourhood. I like looking at them, but they POOP ALL OVER THE SIDEWALK, and they aren't afraid of cars. They're like 'Frak you, this road is miiiine.'.

Silly geese.

Geese are barely birds. They are sin incarnate.

1 person likes this

Geese are barely birds. They are sin incarnate.

That too. MY GODS. They are mean little shats.

I want a bird, but my roommate's dog kills small animals literally just for fun so that will not be possible for a while.

Get a bird and equip it with a suit of armour and weapons to defend itself, and house it in a small defensible castle.

With many skilled minions.
Birds can't hold a castle by themselves.
THAT WOULD BE SILLY.

We used to have birds, but they died way too quickly for no apparent reason... Although maybe having 3 kids nervously looking at the cage, trying to make the thing move was a bit too much stress on the little thing...

Haven't really gotten any pets since, except maybe fish... but yeah... they're fish... >.>

*muttering* I hate fish....

I love cats... even though mine spends half his existence on my shoulders (like he is right as I am typing this) or is trying to kill me by tripping me on the way down the stairs in the morning as I head into the kitchen to feed him and the seven-year-old monkey.

Ah yeah cats do that....... Wait what? seven year old monkey?

Ah yeah cats do that....... Wait what? seven year old monkey?

a.k.a. My offspring. No, I am not actually a monkey. ;)

Since this is the chitchat topic, I figured I'd just ask this here.

Would there be any interest in a Mafia game? I remember playing one on the old old forums and it was a lot of fun.

Since this is the chitchat topic, I figured I'd just ask this here.

Would there be any interest in a Mafia game? I remember playing one on the old old forums and it was a lot of fun.

Do tell more...

I may be game for that but...I don't even know what it is. I'm just gonna stay optimistic about the whole endeavour! 

Heh, I don't mind organizing it if you'd rather be a participant.

In its simplest form Mafia is played by two teams: the mafia, whose members know each other's identity, and the innocents (a.k.a. "civilians," "townspeople," "village," "town," etc.), who begin knowing only the number of mafiosi in the game. Live games require a moderator who does not participate as a player.

There are two phases: "night," when the mafia has the opportunity to eliminate a player, and "day," when all players vote to "lynch" (eliminate) a suspect. These phases follow each other as night and day until all of the mafia has been eliminated, or until the mafia outnumbers the innocents.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mafia_(party_game)

We used to have birds, but they died way too quickly for no apparent reason... Although maybe having 3 kids nervously looking at the cage, trying to make the thing move was a bit too much stress on the little thing...

Haven't really gotten any pets since, except maybe fish... but yeah... they're fish... >.>

*muttering* I hate fish....

What kind of birds did you have?

What kind of birds did you have?

We have had several canaries, but they didn't last long... :(