Lady_Fate

And for my next trick....

14 posts in this topic

*poof*

ladies and gentlemen, for your delectation and delight, I introduce to you a new stream of text that will (hopefully) pool together to weave worlds of wonder and adventure. These words, my friends, will either transport you to far off distant lands, or submerge you in the grandeur of your own mind.

*flash* *sparkle*

As you might have noticed, I'm FeatherKey_Fate - just "Fate" for those folks who want to get all casual and stuff. Forgive me the grand entrance... but i was in a mood.

So, I used to do A LOT of online RPGs back in the day, and as I grew older, my free time simply shriveled up. I've been craving a good writing adventure recently, though, and so I did what any self-respecting closet writer would do and googled "online forum RPG"

When that turned out to be a bust, I went back to my old territory, where they have VERY strict rules because i'd be sharing the threads with 12-year-olds, and lets be honest... 12-year-olds, as lovely as it is that they are interested in penning their own adventure, they don't really have a solid grasp of writing yet... its a grammar nightmare plagued by mary-su's and gary-stu's with overly troubled/abusive lives because "my characters are so deep you can't even touch the bottom with your tip-toes!"

Anyway, as fate would have it (not me - the real one) I bumped into another author there by the name of 'ifocusonthepain' who led me with skittles to this doorstep. (and by "skittles" i mean she gave me a link) so... now you are up to speed.

A few things about me:

My tastes tend to be all over the board when it comes to genera- I suppose it depends of what strikes my fancy at any given moment; but I'll admit that I definitely lean more towards traditional fantasy and adventure/romance structured stories. This holds true for reading as well. Big Harry Potter nerd here, and currently I'm nursing an obsession over A Song of Ice and Fire. Seriously, thanks to the QuizUp app, I've discovered that I know WAY more about that storyline than I should.

When I'm not lost in a paperback adventure, I fill my hours with several other things. I dabble with film production a bit, I work full time for a rather well known technology company, and I've recently discovered a passion for salsa dancing (seriously, if you've never been to a salsa club before, try it out! It trumps the ridiculous bump-and-grind nonsense at the bar scene- WAY more fun and just as steamy with more class) also, I'm a bit of a movie/tvshow addict... Netflix is my anti-drug.

I like to think I'm optimistic- I've been told that the best way to describe myself is basically a Disney Princess... Except I can dish out a clever quip or two when I want to be feisty.

And for random's sake, I suppose if I were going to be an animal I'd want something with wings so I can fly... ravens are supposed to be crazy intelligent, like, to the point that they can problem solve, recognize human faces, and even be taught to talk like a parrot. Also they are just pretty epic. So I'll go with a Raven. I'd want to be that.

If you're with me this far, and not rolling your eyes, we'd probably get along pretty darn well! Just let me know if you'd like to brainstorm a plot! I'm pretty much up for *almost* any kind of story.

Happy writing!

Ohmagawd, you didn't tell me you liked A Song of Ice and Fire!

{We met like, yesterday? So I forgive you, but STILL}

Serious ASoIaF nerd here!

Anyway, my lovely, I'm really glad you're here! HEX is just too restrictive for me, for pretty much every reason you've already mentioned, so it's nice to get the good writers from there onto here. That way, we can leave the 12 year olds to their terrible grammar and hideous plots.

Have fuuuuun!

:D

Yes, to hell with those pesky restrictions!

also, i think we should restrict ourselves

You're gonna fit in here just fine, Feather.   :3  Welcome!!

alice.wonderland.cheshire-cat-smile.we%2

1 person likes this

Yay Disney princess! Well hello there and welcome. Please just call me Raine. We are so glad that you joined us

Hi Fate! Hooray, the HEXers are back with us. XD It's always good to see our Pain bring in more people again.

And I see you've gotten comfortable around these parts now, roleplaying with Pain and whatnot. Feel free to look for anyone of us if you need anything else though! We're always around to answer questions and maybe even roleplay some more.

Newbieeeeee~ Fresh meeeeeeeeaaaat~

Um, ignore anything I just said. Hello, new person! New people around here often don't hang around long, so I hope you stay! Have fun!

I went back and read the word "quip" like three times and for reasons beyond my knowledge it makes me think of "queef" and then I thought of a "clever queef...." Well, it talks now, everyone run. O.o;

Also, I would love to brain storm ideas. :D

1 person likes this

Hello hello! Welcome to our forum. You already sound like an awesome person. :D

If you have any queries, the people with the blue names - Scholars - are the ones you can look for. We help newcomers get acquainted around the site! If you have nobody to roleplay with you can always send one of us a message, and we'll do our best to help you out.

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one Pain has thrown into a cesspit of corruption.

Hallo! I wanna stalk you now on HEX. Who are you? xDD

I lurk around the Lounge and RPG Central on HEX under the same name ^_^ featherkey_fate!

Oh wow. I've never seen you before. :o

Given, I haven't actually been in those forums for a while. Which is sad because I spent almost two years in there, so I'm trying to get back in. :3

I'm a bit late, but I just want to say welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your stay! :)

Never too late =D

And thanks to everyone for all the warm welcomes!!!