Pain

Hero/X-Men-ish Role Play {Closed}

52 posts in this topic

Well, whenever I've seen this done before, or been involved personally, it is always played through the students eyes, so I thought it would be cool to switch it round. Plus, it adds maturity, instead of teenagers dealing with hormonal drama lol

Hmm, I think it might be best if one of us was new?

agreed on both accounts, then.

An adult perspective will make more doors open to us as far as plot goes, and a fresh face shall be incorporated. I think it's high time for character introductions, don't you think? I shall splice together a character sheet for you, m'dear - but before I imagine up a history for this dashing mutant, would you like to be the new addition to staff, or should I?

Lol - deal!

Also, I tried to skim back through, because i could not remember, but who is playing what gender?

I vaguely remember a conversation about my taking the male lead, but that could have been any number of other folks...

Also also, your patience with me is legendary - I'm very thankful! and I promise i will not abandon this (or at the very least inform you if something forces me to do such a terrible thing)

so.... here are two rough drafts of potential characters, depending on what gender you'd like to play :)

Name: Graham Buchanan

Ability: Can create portals from one place to another - often referred to as "jumping" or "gating"

School Position: Science 

Appearance: Your typical 'Dude'

Personality: Graham has always adopted a rather leisurely personality, often described as mischievous or a trickster. He laughs often, and is quick with a clever remark - but anyone who might take the time to really observe him would see that such behavior is a friendly way to keep the world at arms length. Graham is hardly ever cold towards anyone, even those he doesn't care for (though these sorts of folks get sharper words and snide sarcasm from him) He doesn't really get close to anyone, mostly frightened of what someone might think or do if they discovered what he was capable of.

Name: Maeve "Mae" Ayers

Ability: fire manipulation, inducing concentrated spontaneous combustion.

School Position: History

Appearance: The controlled beauty

Personality: Mae is considered by many yo be graceful and elegant, professional though often distant. She is very controlled and careful with her emotions and actions, but makes every effort to remain friendly to her peers and coworkers. What might be mistaken for a perfectionistic control of her own life is actually a very real fear of what she can do. Mae knows that if she does not keep her emotions and abilities in check, she is capable of great destruction. She lives in fear of her own ability, desperate to control her emotions lest they unleash something far worse in her.

I fail at playing males, so I wouldn't subject you to that. I find females much, much easier.

lol! No worries! I'll put Mae into the drawer labeled "for later" then and devote development to Graham!

Have you an idea about your character?

I've got her pretty much sorted in my head, yeah.

Just not too sure on a name right now. It's always the name which shits me up.

lol - i hear you! I have a very particular process; First i need to know what they look like, so i must find a photo or character concept that at the very least resembles them- sometimes i have to sketch them out myself. Then I need to know their name... which might actually change after I flesh-out their personality a little more. Then, and only then, can I begin to know what they might be like. BUT at the same time, I had to have a few ideas about their personality before I started hunting for their face... so... it's a vicious cycle!

She's here! 

....kinda

Still trying to think of a name. I have her last name, and nickname, but no first name.

xD

Name : [blank] 'Red' Cooper

Ability: Superhuman Strength

School Position: Combat/self defence

Appearance: No picture unfortunately, not yet anyway. She has natural, long blood red hair and eyes, hence her nickname Red, and stands at the measly height of 5'2". Slender, slightly muscular frame, with soft, feminine facial features, which contrast strongly with her sharp gaze. Her scowls are a dark as her smile is bright.

Personality: She has little patience, despite being a teacher, although the kids will usually take longer to wear it down. With adults however, she can be downright rude if they annoy her. However, she's a very loyal and loving person if you manage to befriend her. Prefers to be called Red, rather than her actual name.

All I really have right now, I hate these things. Everything else will just come out in the role play. Well, once I have her first name, of course lol

Oh my!!!

So much apologies for you, I have!!!

We certainly need to get the ball rolling here! (assuming you're still game?)

So since i feel like I need a recap after such a long hiatus;

We have Mr. Graham and Ms. Cooper - both teachers at your average boarding school for average teens. What they have in common, however, is that they both have rather above average abilities. Ms. Cooper is a familiar face around the grounds, but Mr. Graham is making his debut in the establishment. Little did they know that their secret might not be so secret - as a shadowy figure (who may or may not be watching them) has discovered the existence of these above average abilities and has made it their ambition to bring such talents to everyone. Our story begins just before the start of he new semester...

whatcha think of the brief summary? should I add/change anything? or do you think an opening post is ready to get under way?

This will be Mr. Graham's very first day of teaching at this school, yes? Should we start it just as he arrives? He could have already done his interview and everything, and received the job {obviously} and we could start the day he moves in?

I'm assuming, of course, that they live on campus too?

Yaaaay, I got something right!

{almost wrote 'write', which isn't right xD}

I still need a first name for my character, I'd forgotten about that.

Would it be best if you started it? Otherwise my character will just be wandering around or whatever, which would be a dull post. He is new, so it'll be interesting, and we could have them meet somehow. We could do the classic bumping into each other, literally, or we could have the head teacher call a meeting so all the teachers can meet him? Or, anything else, really lol

lol that most certainly not have been wright ;p

I'd be honored to kick up the dust! I'll just see what sort of setting falls out of my fingertips and you can have your character swoop in wherever you think fits well! =D

Yay, we're getting started!!!!! it only took two months is all - LOL

Should we set it in like a large stately home/mansion, like in X-Men?

Did we discuss that already? I can't remember lol

Two months isn't bad, we're just....particular.

:P

I was debating that, myself. I don't think we visited that specific detail, but I think an extravagant campus of luxe and refinement is much more fun than the avarage teenage holding tank; don't you?

Oh yeah, it can be really posh and fancy if we want.

Maybe even something castle-ish?

oh, also - did we decide this was an ordinary school? or one that was aware of mutants... *chuckle* how close are we going to tread to marvel's copyright on x-men, exactly?

Hmm, I think we decided on a 'normal' school? But people are aware of mutants?

Seeing as someone is producing a mutant 'virus', there needs to be awareness of natural mutants, otherwise it'll be a massive shock.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead