182 posts in this topic

Once, many centuries ago there lived a demon, though her blood was black, her heart was pure. Lore read that demons were monstrous creatures, aggressive, and vicious things; the lore though is not always so accurate. This demoness had lived a life as many humans had, though far from ‘normal’ she lived with friends and companions, she endured her own turmoil and sacrifice, but also held much joy in her life, just as many do. As a demon her life was dark, their methods violent, but not necessarily cruel or evil.

Her name was Seyerna, with hair the color of night and eyes that resembled blood, she was the epitome of a demon, she was tall, her body lean and strong, but uncommonly beautiful with her elegant figure and ‘come hither’ features. There were no myths or legends on her, none commonly known anyway. If anyone wrote of her the text was lost, but her deeds had affected the fate of the world.

When darker beings of her race thought to blindly open the gates of hell it was Seyerna that gave her life, willingly and without fear to protect those she would call friends and family. She tore her very soul, using her essence to scar the rip in the dimensional field that allowed the monsters of hell entry into the mortal plane. Though the demons that had escaped from hell wreaked much havoc, the world did recover and continued to prosper without their dark savior who was now bound in the pits of hell.

In hell she faced new trials, the way of hell was simple “might maketh right†it was a constant battle, the demons and monsters of hell cared for little save the thrill of battle. She was no virgin to violence, but the very atmosphere vibrated with the aggressiveness of its tenants and it was a new world for her.

Time in hell doesn't move the same way, it's not... linear. Sometimes it's the middle of night, and thirty seconds later it'll be mid-day, so there is no telling how long she lingered in this world, while the time in the mortal plane suggested many centuries, it may have been more, or it may have been less in the time waves of hell. It didn't matter though, the weight of always being on her toes was a heavy burden, not something she had done in life, she had made friends and companions, people to trust; now in hell, even those she traveled with, some she even called ‘friends’ where not someone she would turn her back too. So when the ripple in the dimension danced across her skin she ran for it, she knew that feeling as if it had only been yesterday, her mind screaming ‘Why! Why would anyone open a gate?’ It was a fleeting thought as even more prominent was the urge to escape. Survival in hell was not a game, and it quickly lost its appeal for someone who would rather seek luxury than violence. The most primitive part of her demonic mind craved the violence, enjoyed it, but she had not been born into this world and she had long since conditioned her mind to a more lax way of processing.

As the portal fluctuated and shuttered with uncertainty she flung herself into the rip, not carrying to test the waters, not worried about what might be waiting on the other side, in her experience good people did not open gates to hell, but at that time, she simply didn't care. She landed on her hands and knees, the slight difference in gravity weighing on her flesh, making her tremble with familiarity – joy. Breathing heavy, unable to believe she had made it, that she was back on Earth, she could see her friends again! How long had it been?

The world around her quickly rushed to her senses, the new smells, the strange sounds, realizing that whatever was beneath her palms was not any kind of flooring she had seen before. She was on her feet in seconds, her eyes wide as they took in the new world, bars curved and created a dome cage over her head, their heads, as she quickly accounted for the many monsters of hell locked in with her. Between the bars the air seemed to shimmer, curiously she touched it and immediately a shock of power went through her veins, ‘lightning’ her mind pieced together, or at least it seemed like lightning, she had known very few mages in life who could conduct lightning; fire and ice were one thing, but lightning was very different. Her eyes bolted around the room, her demonic thoughts immediately seeking an escape but as she took in the dozens of humans surrounding the cage curiosity became the dominant thought. The prominent humans before her were dressed different, their clothes blue that covered their entire body, layered in thick black pieces that appeared heavy and uncomfortable, they didn't appear like cloth. Other humans were dressed in completely white suits, even their heads covered with some strange white helmet, other’s still wore long white coats, they were further away raised up on a different level form them. The ones in the front held something that alarmed her though she knew not why, it was metal, and took on an ‘L’ shape, their fingers in the crook of the ‘L’ it seemed to be ‘pointed’ at them, what did that little device do?

The air rippled again and she jerked to see the portal to hell closing, briefly she wondered if going back through would be a better option. Turning back to face her captors, the questions continued to rumble through her mind, why would they want demons in this world? They obviously had been the ones to open and close the gate; they had been prepared for them.

Many of the humans eyed her, immediately Seyerna became aware of the fact that she was the only one in the cage that held any sort of human characteristics, the creatures they had brought over where the most grotesque of hell-born demons, most of them black or gray, their eyes black or red, some of them seemed to ooze slime, others looked like leather and some were completely scaled over, their bodies were not shaped like humans, some had more or less limbs, some were quadrupeds, in the end they were all disturbing to gaze upon. Seyerna though, even in her most demonic of form, with two sets of horns breaching her forehead, one curling around her long elfin ears, the others sliding back against her skull, her wings were black and scaled like a dragons, as was her tail that currently sat coiled around one ankle with claws, long and dark from blood stain, she still shared the similar bone structure and features. She knew she was a sight to behold for humans, but hell’s atmosphere forced her to retain her demonic state, demanded her most demonic thoughts, every second that she lingered her, it felt a weight was lifting off of her mind even as her demonic form seemed to grow heavier. Soon the features would recede and she would appear even more human, save her bloody eyes, canine fangs, and claws, but even her claws would shrink, and her fangs, which currently there were two sets, top and bottom, the bottoms would vanish entirely, the top four would become barely noticeable.

A strange hissing sound drew her attention from the many human eyes on her, she looked up, to where the sound seemed to originate, the air there was different, her sensitive vision picking up on the very particles in the air, noting something not right about them. In moments her eyes were growing blurry and heavy, around her the grotesque demons were falling, passing out, or dying she wasn't sure. It felt like her heart was slowing, her mind was going fuzzy. Realizing too late that there was some kind of poison in the air, she held her breath, refusing to take in any more of it, not that it mattered though; the drug was already in her system. Her demonic body fought and struggled against the drug, trying against all odds to keep her conscious, being unconscious in hell meant certain death and so her body pushed her into overdrive, demanding her to stay awake. All of the demons had fallen and Seyerna stood on shaking legs, gazing through blurry eyes at the many individuals around her that she could no longer decipher, when once she could see their pores from across the room, now she couldn't even single them out. She could hold her breath for close to ten minutes, but it didn't matter, the drug was eating away at her reserves and minutes after the last demon had fallen unconscious she fell to her knees, still fighting. Several minutes more passed and she finally collapsed in a heap on the ground unconscious, the drug finally winning and blacking out her senses. 

His dark brown eyes didn't stand out in the least with all the other villagers going about their daily lives and neither did his light brown hair. However, he seemed to attract quite a few women, of all ages, which was hard to notice. What was odd about this, though, was how he seemed not to take interest in any of them, even though he was in the proper age to be picking a girl. He looked about 22 and would make a helpful husband to anyone, but for some reason, he refused all offers to him. On proposal, that is. He never seemed to reject someone asking for help, though. As Mrs. Squant had done today.

His face was covered in dirt as he carried a filled bag on his shoulder, his clothes no better off. He walked around to the front of her house and dropped the bag with a few identical others only to turn back and make his way back to her backyard where two of her grandchildren were playing in a pretty decent sized hole of dirt. The squealed when he jumped back in with them, picking up the shovel he'd been using. The two grandchildren, a young boy and his younger sister, climbed out as he began digging again. He was a little confused as they'd taken quite a liking to playing in the dirt he dug up but he didn't question it, dismissing it as though they'd found something else to interest them. It only took moments for him to regret thinking that as he felt a barrow-full of dirt rain down on him. He dropped his shovel as the first bit hit and closed his eyes tightly until it stopped, only to hear the giggles of the two children slightly above him. He smirked, an infamous smirk of his, and gave a soft laugh. "Did you find that funny?"

The giggles stopped to be silenced by gasps. "He's gonna get us!" The little girl squealed before she turned to run after her brother, who'd already turned tail.

"Yes, I am!" The brown haired man shouted viciously, but there was a slight taint in his voice showing a playful mood. Covered in dirt, he spun on his heel and reached out, grabbing the girl's ankle. Losing her balance, she began falling face-first for the ground but with movement at an incredible speed, he had pulled her down into the hole with him, cradling her in his arms to keep momentum from throwing her, and then dropping her into the fresh pile of dirt. She squealed with excitement, taking fistfuls and throwing it at him as he bent to tickle her and cover her in more and more dirt.

The boy came running back. "Don't worry sis, I'll save you!"

But everyone stopped as the back door opened and Mrs. Squant walked out. "What's going on out here?"

The mess of dirt and brown hair popped up as the man stood again, the girl climbing out of the hole, not missing her chance. "We're playing!" She giggled.

Mrs Squant shook her head with a laugh, her elderly gray hair shining in the bright sunlight. "You are all a mess! I promise, Sharder, as soon as your done helping me with my garden, I'll give you a place to bathe.

Sharder laughed. "Please, call me Storm. All my friends do. And a bath would be much appreciated. I'll get back to work."

Mrs. Squant ushered her two grandchildren inside. "Come on, you two! You need baths before your mother comes for you!"

The two raced inside and Mrs. Squant shut the door behind her.

Before Storm could pick his shovel up again, he heard shouts of excitement mixed with shouts of pain and fear. Curious, he easily got out of the hole with one jump and one hand on the ground above. Landing on his feet, he walked out front and down the road a little way before seeing the large cage and group of people and he sighed. He knew what they were doing. They'd done it at least three times before. Probably more as he never stayed in one village too long. Still, his curiosity tugged on him and he continued for the sight. I wonder what sorry brutes are in this load. Humans are so vile. He felt no shock at seeing those in the cage already passed out but he still stopped in his tracks, keeping a good distance as he watched the people open the cage and begin tying up the many demons before they began carrying them out, though dragging some.

Watching the normal routine, he was about to turn and head back for Mrs. Squant's house. She wasn't very bossy but he still hated to disappoint her. But something caught his eye. A human was carrying... another human out of the cage? Perhaps she's new at this. Passed out from all she saw. Studying the girl a bit longer, his idea was tossed out, finding some demonic traits on her, most noticeable being her claws. I wonder... she sure looks sensible. Unlike all the other sorry creatures. She looks like she could actually possess a mind. Which would be to her misfortune.... He weaved through the people, making his way into the cage and picking up one of the heavier demons, shouldering the horned creature and carrying it out, following the trail of people carrying towards a reinforced building not too far away. It was built with strong stone, reinforced with metal bars within the stone and without it. A heavy metal door opened  and the people began filing in, going through two more sets of doors before breaking apart from each other. Small rooms, also closed off by large metal doors, were what everyone went into. One demon per room. Storm walked into an empty one, knowing the procedure by heart as he laid the demon he carried on the object in the center of the room, the only object in the room: a large metal table. He strapped the demon's head down, along with his waist, his ankles, and his wrists, making sure they were securely tightened before leaving the room and locking the bolted door, the locks being on the outside.

Glancing down the hallway of rooms, he saw the other people filing to be allowed back outside, but only one by one after being checked for sure purposes you were no demon nor possessed by one. His infamous smirk came to his lips. Because humans believe in that folklore. Ignorant. Still, he patiently walked through the line, knowing they only checked things at the first door, the other two remaining unmanned. That is, until the demons woke up. Then this building was bustling with people in lab coats and various types of colored liquids... and various types of screams. Right behind the building, in fact, was nothing but dirt, a place to bury all the demons that died either by pain, reactions to chemicals, or other things.

His eyes fell on the man who had carried the odd girl and an odd sense of urgency filled him. But he waited in line, still, timing.

As the man he wanted to talk to came to the first door and passed the inspection, Storm fell out of line and ran up the line to the door, slipping out through the door with the man, making it only scarcely as the heavy metal door slammed shut. The inspector cursed, yelling at Storm through the three bars at the top of the door. "You know the rules, Storm! What are you doing?!"

Storm laughed. "Sorry! I couldn't miss talking to this guy! You'll be fine, Chris, leave me alone!" He heard the groan he got but also the soft laugh that followed it and he knew he wasn't in trouble.

He looked at the man he was now walking beside, giving a friendly smile, not showing his teeth. "Hey, that demon you brought in. What room is she in?"

The man cocked an eyebrow. "25B. Why?"

"Ah, no reason. But, I'll trade you for room 37D."

The man laughed. "You're an odd one, Storm. But, sure, why not. What're you trading for?"

Storm shrugged. "I haven't had a female to test on in ages. I think some things I wanna try would work better on female rather than male."

As they walked out of the last door and out in the open, the man shrugged. "Alright." And he split off, going over to a small group of friends, who all wore lab coats.

Storm waited outside the building until the last of the people came out before going back inside, grabbing a white lab coat and slipping it on. A man waited outside the third door and glared at Storm as he entered. "You're gonna get me in trouble one of these days, Storm."

Storm laughed softly. "I really am sorry, Chris." He offered his arm and Chris took it, taking a syringe from a table beside him with a clear liquid in it and injecting it into the crook of Storm's arm. Storm winced but allowed it, taking his arm back once Chris was done and rubbing the area. He immediately felt the intense pain, knowing a human wouldn't feel it, and glad that his unique venom of his bloodline would soon have it dissolved and gone within an hour. Until then, he forced a smile and bit his tongue. "I really hate needles, Chris. Couldn't you skip me sometimes?"

Chris laughed. "It protects a demon from possessing you. You know you get one everytime we get a new batch. I'm not skipping you. I couldn't stand knowing I lost a friend just cause he didn't like needles."

"Yeah, that'd be a shame, I guess...." He walked on down the hallway, hearing Chris follow him. He stopped at 25B and unbolted the door, entering it and closing the door again, hearing Chris bolt it securely back.

Storm sighed, rubbing his arm as the burning continued, but it had already stopped spreading through his body, showing his venom was winning already. He glanced at the table and saw the female demon strapped to it, studying her traits as he made sure the straps were tight and secure and he sat down in a chair within the room. The staff went through every room and put chairs in them, knowing the testers had to wait for, sometimes, hours at a time for a reaction to a chemical. Storm straddled the chair, sitting in it backwards and resting his head on his arms, which rested on the top of the chair as he watched the girl, waiting for any familiar signs of her waking.

Junsat at his desk at the end of B hall playing solitaire while "watching" for signs of danger from any of the rooms. He was the security on that hall anytime another round of creatures came in. Chris came down the hall calling out to him as he played, not really paying attention to anything else. "We have another load coming in Jun. Need you on duty out there until it's all cleared, then you can come back."

Jun sighed and set his cards down. "All right, just don't ruin my game this time," he said.

Chris waved Jun's comment away saying, "Yeah yeah. Just so long as you do the job right."

Jun pulled the arm length gloves further up his sleeves and grabbed his rifle from the back of the chair. He glances himself over once, making sure no flesh could show, and smiled with satisfaction. He passed Chris on his way out and ventured all the way to where the gate was being opened. He was the one guard not wearing armor of any sort. Just the black regulation pants, the black short sleeved dress shirt, and a leather jacket over that, as well as the black gloves.

As the demons poured out the gate and into their cage, Jun trained his rifle on the cage. It was unlikely that anything could get past the high voltage, bullet proof glass, steel rig set up, but the guards were still required. He tried not to focus on the hellish figures that manifested, a horrible memory surfacing every time he saw them, but then one demon grabbed his attention. A female it seemed, and humanoid at that. Of the times he'd seen it, there hadn't been anything even close to humanoid come of the gate. He leaned over and said to another guard, "Is it just me, or does that on look rather human to you?"

The guard ignored him, as well as the other whispers that passed around about various things, and Jun sighed and continued his job. Finally, the gate was closed and sleeping gas was pumped into the dome until all the demons feel victim to the poison. Jun clicked his rifle back to safety, but stayed watch until all the creatures were  transported to the facility set up for research. When they had all left, Jun returned to the facility, waiting as people received "vaccinations" against the demons that Chris was ordered to hand out. A Jun passed by Chris said, "Hey, get your...Oh Jun. Sorry."

Jun shook his head saying, "Just doing your job. No harm done. You even get Storm there to take it too."

Jun finally made it back to B hall, glancing into the rooms as he passed by for a check and even saw Storm with the humanoid. He finally made it to his desk and tossed the rifle over the back again and plopped down to continue his game. "Well, so long as no one does anything stupid, maybe I can finish this game in peace," he said adjusting his gloves further up again.

Consciousness came in in waves, first was her senses, she noted the other individual, could hear him breathing, smell the dirt on him, but most importantly she could sense him, his very demonic self. Her eyes shot open, there was no grogginess for demons, her blood had completely neutralized the drug and now she stared at the ceiling, trying to come to terms with the white material and the bright lights. She saw no candles and smelt no flames, what was the queer light? Even as the bright lights burned her eyes she did not blink, instead she moved her eyes over to the male sitting beside her, there was a strap over her throat and forehead that kept her from turning her head. She stared at him long and hard, no words, just her eyes memorizing his form and features. She rolled the fact that he was a demon around in her mind, she hadn't recalled seeing a demon in the flock of humans surrounding the cage, where had this one come from? For that much he appeared so very human, was that intentional? Did the humans believe him one of them?

Her wings ached, the weight of hell gone, now her body just wanted to return to it's most basic state, the state that appeared most human, unfortunately the straps kept them locked down, her tail as well, forcing her body to retain her demonic features. She twisted her wrists impulsively, her entire body bound with so many straps it was almost comical; her demonic mind craving freedom, but her logical mind demand calm, it wasn't the first time she had been bound in a less than positive looking situation. She wrapped her claws against the metal table she was strapped too. 'Please, not another vivisection....' She thought, annoyed.

The demon beside her had remained silent as she took in her surroundings and him, waiting patiently for what she didn't know, but being bound she had little else to do but to talk to him, maybe he would actually tell her what's going on.

"Are these bonds due to fear of me or means of restraints for other purposes?" Her voice chimed with an accent of an era long past, her voice itself soft with an underlying tone of harshness.

He sat still, watching her and making no moves to interrupt her as she studied himself and the room they were in. He knew he wouldn't like being in her situation and he didn't want to stress her out anymore than she already would be.

As she spoke to him, though, he stood up from the chair and walked to the table, putting his hands on the table by her side and leaning on it. He had no claws that seemed visible. No, he seemed utterly human... except when he spoke. With her looking up at him, his smaller fangs were very easily spotted. "They are for both, dear. Though please don't make the mistake that I'm the one who fears you. In fact, I'll be the one doing tests on you." His brown eyes studied her red ones for a moment and it seemed as if something glossy was on each of his eyes. "You certainly don't seem to be anything like the others. Not only in looks but also judging from your mind. And your actions thus far. No scene of hysterical struggling. But simple inquisition. You can't possibly have really been part of the demons brought up from below. Why don't you give me a little explaining, hm?" He paused, thinking about how much time had passed as he'd waited for her to waken and now. "Uh, wait just one second." He walked over to the door and knocked on it softly, biting back a vile smile because he knew only Jun was the supervisor of this hallway. "Hey, Jun! Won't you be a dear and gimme BC16 from the lab? I completely forgot to get my chemicals." He leaned against the door, then, crossing his arms over his chest and looking back at the demon on the table. "I do apologize. I should've been more prepared. So let me go over my little spiel so you can't hold it against me saying I didn't." He gave her a mock bow and smiled coyly, half out of irritance, knowing he had already been sensed out from what he was and hence didn't need much of an introduction, but half because, again, he knew she wasn't in the best situations and he did want to lighten the stress he assumed her mind to be in. "My name is Sharder Bloodrin, madame. I'll be your lab specialist here. I am but a mere human trying to study the affects and possibilities concerning demonic bodies. My curiosity is quite healthy, as I call forth demons from hell, strap them to tables, and insert strange chemical mixtures into their bodies. All in the name of learning. Because asking them about themselves is too hard." He rose out of his bow, flashing her an easy smile, this time showing his teeth and thus his fangs, his light brown hair just shading his eyes with shadows thanks to the angle of the lights.

Her chest rose softly, the leathers covering her chest stretching and relaxing with each breath, the strange black leather seemed to be demonic flesh, not unlike the more grotesque creatures that had come through the portal with her. With the demon now leaning over her she could gaze freely into his brown eyes, the glaze over them was odd though, she narrowed her eyes scrutinizing his appearance, she could place nothing from memory that reminded her of this film over his eyes.

An explanation? Why was she different from the grotesque monsters they brought into this world, but didn't he already know? Couldn't he sense that she was like him and not like the hell-born monsters? She hesitated to explain anything, finding his request queer, how did he not know? Even with his guise, surely he knew he was not the only demon. Perhaps, his question should have been why was she in hell? After seeing the humans so easily open and close the gate her pride kept her mouth silent, what if it had always been that easy? What if her companions had been yelling at her to stop not because they would miss her but because they had another way? She refused to believe she had abandoned her friends unnecessarily.

Before she could debate further on whether to tell him her story or not he walked to the door, asking for some 'chemical.' What was a 'kem E call?' He moves on to introduced himself, calling himself a human. Maybe he was delusional?

Still she was not raised a brute, and so she would return the odd manners, even if she was bound. "I am Seyerna Kaierstin and I must say our definitions of healthy differ drastically. Toiling with demons has never been a healthy life choice in my experience, toiling with those born from hell is even less so. Of course if you're persistent on this life path, I assure you I am quite clear of mind and can answer any questions you have." She smiled then, a humorous smile baring her eight fangs, though the bottom ones had already receded to being just small points barely above her normal tooth line, "Forgive my amusement, it has been some time since I've spoke so much to an individual. Hell-born demons have a simple mind and do not often seek intelligent conversation."

He laughed softly and patiently, walking back over to the table as he waited on Jun, leaning his hip against the cold metal. "It's been some time, hm? Meaning you originated here. Which explains quite a lot. Just not how you ended up down there." He gave her a reassuring smile. "And it has been some time indeed if you do not get sarcasm. So let me explain it as best I can to you. Sarcasm is only funny to those that understand it. And sarcasm is.... I guess... when one person tells the opposite of the truth insincerely. For example, I said 'I'm human'. I know that's the opposite of the truth and you know that's the opposite of the truth. Therefore, it's funny that I bother to claim to be. The same with everything else I said. It's the opposite of the truth. These humans aren't healthy by torturing others to answer question. I believe asking questions is more efficient. If you study me long enough, you'll get the hang of it." He pushed himself off from the table, walking around, studying her demonic features again, what stood out and what didn't. Without looking at her eyes, he still spoke to her. "Well, I am glad I can provide you with some intelligent conversation. I know how those demons are, hence why I rarely bother with them. I'll be asking a lot of questions. It's my nature and I do apologize beforehand. But, you know, you are free to ask all you wish, as well, miss Seyerna. But, for safety sake, if anyone is in this room besides me, do not speak unless spoken to. Alright?"

Jun was nearly done with a second game when Storm's request came to him. He sighed and set his cards back on the desk. "Well, at least it was peaceful for a while," he murmured to himself as he pushed out of the chair, his rifle forgotten.

He passed Storm's room and called out, "Sure, I'll be back."

The lab was at the end of the main hall which the five other halls branches off of set out A-E. He walked quickly to the lab, which was nightmarishly large. He could navigate it, but it was still far too large. He went to a row of panels lain into the wall and found the one that was listed BC16. With a swiped of an ID card, the vacuum inside decompressed and the panel slid out, revealing a box with a handle that Jun grabbed. It rattled with various contents as he lifted it out and he shook his head slightly in disgust. The panel returned to it's place after a moment and Jun left the lab and headed to Storm's room.

He got there and could hear two voices. Rather than the usual chaos from the room, two people were actually talking. Jun glances through the small window and could still only see two people, only the demon was now awake. He shrugged to himself and tapped on the door. "I got the box," he called, then unbolted the three locks and opened it, holding the box out to Storm.

'Miss?' 'Sarcasm?' What strange terms, she thought. She hoped Miss wasn't a derogatory term, she had once been called 'Lady' occasionally 'Lord' if she deemed the masculine title necessary. Not that it mattered, she'd been called all sorts of foul things in hell. "I worried you were delusional about your species." She understood this 'sarcasm' but she had never heard a word for it.

Silence spread between them for a long moment as Seyerna listened to the footsteps outside the door, someone called 'Jun' returning with these 'kem E calls.' As Jun opened the door, she stretched as far as she could in the direction to catch a glimpse at this newcomer, barely able to view him out of her peripheral, her inky hair determined to make the feat even more difficult sliding across her face and nose, annoyed she blew it out of her face only for it to land back on her nose.

Storm's suggestion to remain quiet had not gone on deaf ears, but more she wondered why she should trust the individual who planed to inject chemicals into her. Her body could filter many venoms and poisons, rarely did she encounter ones that could debilitate her, never - obviously - had she encountered one that could prove lethal. What kind of ruckus would she cause if she suggested to Jun that Storm was a demon? They obviously didn't know or they'd be testing on him as well. Then again she had encountered humans who studied other humans, so that wasn't as sound of a theory as she would have liked and so she waited silently.

Seyerna realized she'd never answered any of his questions and wondered how long he would inquire, likely for quite some time given the room they're in. She mulled over her words while Storm interacted with Jun, using the time to decide what to say. When Jun left she listened to the door lock and then to his footsteps. "I walked into hell when a demon mage decided to open a gate in order to devour hell-born demons, to my understanding they ate him." She knew he would ask why but wasn't eager to admit that she had to close a gate when this place so easily open and closed gates at will.

Storm smiled kindly to Jun. "I know, I know. I ruined your precious game. But thank you." He took the box, opening it and removing a vial from within it. The vial was filled with a pink glossy liquid, the only label on it the repeat of its name "BC16". He also removed a clean syringe from within the box before handing the box, which held three more syringes and vials, back to Jun. "I'll bother you within the hour if this amount doesn't do anything." He said before stepping away from the door and back over to the table Seyerna laid on. He opened the vial and poured its contents into the syringe, pushing the syringe until no more air was within the small bottle.

As he also listened for Jun's footsteps leading away, he glanced down at Seyerna as she spoke, cocking an eyebrow slightly. "Ah. So you're that girl from long ago." He gave a soft laugh. "I bet you didn't expect to become so famous among our kind. However, I'm sad to say, there's not much of us left for you to be famous among." He bent at her arm, rubbing the inside of her elbow until it warmed up a bit, tilting the needle to insert it, before pausing and looking back at her, raising again with a smile. "Ah, I do apologize." He raised the syringe up so she could see it clearly, only then noticing the hair in her face. "Hm." He gently put the syringe horizontally between his teeth, holding it there ever so carefully, not too lightly so it didn't slip out but not too hard, so he didn't break the glass in his mouth. He moved around to stand at her head, using both of his hands to collect the nice amount of her long hair in his hands, brushing through it lightly with his fingers until it was all nicely straightened and mostly unknotted. He then took a lock of her hair and wrapped it around the rest of her hair, tying it in a light knot to keep it more in a loose ponytail. He moved back to her arm, taking the syringe from his mouth and holding it again where she could clearly see it. "Do you know what this is?"

Jun shrugged at Storm saying, "I've gotta make a living somehow. Being interrupted beats starving."

He puled the box from the room and closed the door back, bolting the locks back and brushing a hand through his straight blonde hair. He walked back to his desk in no hurry and set the box underneath the table against the wall, then picked up on his game. After a short amount of time. He grew board and began dozing off. while sleeping, he caught glimpses of the horrors of hell and life. 

It alarmed her immensely to have this male touching her hair, not that she was going to snap at him, just that the only people to touch her hair had been intimate with her. She ignored the discomfort running up her spine, resisting the urge to growl or hiss at him for acting so easy with her. No one had touched her hair intimately since before hell, within hell the only ones who touched it, pulled it with the intent to lob off her head. It didn't help that he called her 'that girl." Did people actually know of what she had done? She was famous? Was this more of his 'sarcasm?' This whole scenario was very uncomfortable, but she was a logical creature to the end and acknowledge that anger or fear would get her no where, so she kept her breathing even and focused on the situation.

He moved the strange device over her head, manipulating it so it sucked the liquid from the little bottle, a glossy pink liquid. She sniffed the air but could not decipher it or did not recognize it at least. She tried to shake her head but with the straps holding her down it was a futile attempt, so with a little stiffness in her voice due to her growing tension she whispered "No." She had no idea what that fluid was and it was only make her more uneasy as he rubbed her arm, her mind connected that the pointed end of it would easily pierce her flesh and as easily as he had sucked the liquid from the bottle he could push it into her body. "What purpose does this hold?" She inquired, trying to keep her voice even.

He pointed to the tip of it. "This needle makes it so I can put this liquid into your body. Well, more precisely, your veins. Different needles are different sizes and different chemicals will be put in different areas. This chemical is easiest for me to put it in the vein of your arm." He bent and rubbed the spot again until it became warm once more. "This chemical isn't going to hurt you at all. You aren't going to feel it. The only thing you'll feel is the prick of the needle. I don't like the feeling, either, but it's not that bad I suppose. All this chemical is going to do is change the color of your blood and veins, and it's only temporary. So instead of being traced with a faded blue that's hard to see, you're going to be traced with this bright pink, so I can see how well and quickly it spreads, which will help me decide the amounts of other chemicals I'll need. So this one is nothing to be scared of. I promise." He gave her a reassuring smile but did not hesitate in inserting the needle. He inserted it into the large vein in her arm, easily doing it his first try, and slowly injected the pink liquid into it. He removed the syringe once it was empty and placed his thumb over the small dot of blood, giving it a bit of moving pressure to help ease the feeling as his eyes studied the traveling pink, which was quickly coursing over her.

With little to do but suck it up and deal with it she remained silent through his explanation and even while he inserted the needle, though her chest stopped moving for a moment as she held her breath, obviously tense about this fluid being inserted into her. Still she recognized that if it was going to hurt her it was going to do it one way or another, better to relax and allowed it to move freely than to urge her demonic essence to fight against it.

"I dislike this." She spoke flatly, her voice trembling with barely concealed anger, not rage, just obvious unliking to her predicament. "Where will this end... Storm?" She tested his name on her tongue, finding it an odd name, not demon in nature like her own. "Will you go through your tests and eventually kill me once you've completed your task? Will you send me back to hell?" Her claws scratched the metal table, her tension making her etch lines into the metal.

He shrugged, walking from the table and laying the empty syringe in the floor by the door until he could leave to throw it away. "Well, let's see. My normal routine. I have a full list of chemicals I'd test on you. See how you react, which hurt you the most, test how much pain or stress your body could handle. And it depends how long you live with that. If you do survive absolutely all of the tests and all the mixtures I could think of with all the chemicals, which has never been done-" He smiled viciously, his fangs showing "-then I suppose I'd just kill you so I could move on with a new demon. Putting you back in hell would just be a waste of space and something I'd probably have to deal with later. So, yes, you'd be killed." He walked back over to her and looked down at her entrapped form. "But whether I will do my normal routine with you or not is still a question I haven't answered. I do so much want to study you, but I believe that will has only been instilled in me by the humans. And so, I believe I'm going to go more with loyalty to another. And when it's pit between you and the humans, well, my loyalty would lie to you." He leaned on the table once more. "But I can't just walk out of here with you. But I do have a plan. However, you do have to survive one thing before I even get the chance to do this." His eyes narrowed. "My loyalty may lie toward you for now. But your loyalty also needs to lie in me. I promised Jun he could have a session with one my demons so he can start to rank up. That demon would be you. I'll be in here supervising, but I can't stop him from doing as he pleases just because it may hurt you. That would make me suspicious. But I know you're curious. I know you don't understand why I'm with the humans. And I'm sure you've deduced they have no idea what I am. And if they find out what I am, Seyerna, that will cause trouble for me. And whether I'd get the chance after that to repay you what I'd receive or not, you'd still have no one to aid you in getting out of here. So, do you think you can handle one session? Just one. Or do you think you're going to have trouble staying loyal to me?" His eyes seemed to be glowing ever so softly and his easy mood seemed to have been replaced by tension.

She almost laughed at him, it was her usual response to those that acted hostile, the way he spoke to her, the sound and accent of his voice, the way he leaned over and grinned at her all had her demonic senses seeking to bite into his throat mutilating his jugular and tear opening his wind pipe. Instead to swallowed the vile feelings and smiled maliciously, "Don't tease me anymore then." She shot back.

Did she really believe he'd help her escape? She actually wasn't sure as she thought further on it, he didn't smell a lie, but someone who lied often would show no outward signs and she wasn't akin to trusting strangers. Of course, she had been lying relatively still since she'd awoken, while she doubted she could break the bonds in her position, she hadn't actually tried either. She may not be able to maneuver her hands to break them, but she could probably struggle enough that it cut open her wrists and the potency of her blood might be able to melt it. Then again, if she struggled she might lose his help entirely, he was obviously curious of her, that much she was confident of and she had no idea how potent these chemicals they'd be pumping into her would be, they may be so weak her blood would eat them before they ever effect her. She acknowledge though that they had been testing on demons for some time to have such a well put together system, so it was unlikely they wouldn't effect her.

She sighed, her logical mind winning over against her demonic mind, easing her anger and discomfort, "It doesn't seem I have much a choice after all, so send in dear Jun and let's see if he can tickle me."

He shrugged. "Hey, I'm trying to make things as easy for you as possible. I really don't have to. In fact, I really shouldn't be." He walked back over to the door, knocking on it roughly. "Jun! Your first session starts now! Bring your chemicals with you!" His voice was stern and commanding and he leaned back against the wall, crossing his arms and looking at Seyerna.

Jun was brought from his nightmares by Storm's call. He sat still for a moment, sweat only on his forehead. He gently swiped it away as he regained his senses. Finally he remembered what brought him around and he snatched up the box again. and jogged to the door, his rifle forgotten. He tapped on the door as a signal, then undid the locks and swung the door open to see the demon with pink veins, as well as Storm idling by. "I thought we discussed I wasn't too fond of this already," he said with a hatred not aimed at Storm.

He adjusted his gloves again by habit and flexed his empty right hand as he stood in the door way.

Jun walked in and now she had a full view of him, shamelessly analyzing him like she would any prey. "I'm assuming I'm free to speak to my torturer." She eyed his box of more chemicals, sniffy the air she could smell them but now there were entirely too many foreign scents to decipher the poisons or drugs. "What draws you to such a place if you've no interest in such a life path? Money, perhaps? What happened to the day when you survived by the strength of your arms and the sweat at your brow!" She spoke dramatically, casting her eyes off woefully.

Though her words expressed confidence and ease, her arms and thighs kept flexing impulsively pulling against her bonds, not enough to create a noticeable sound, but if either of them bothered to look they would see the muscles bulging and relaxing. Even her toes were pulling at her thin leather boots that matched the rest of the strange black leather. It hadn't been easy to skin one of those grotesque beasts, but their hides were extremely strong and durable.

Storm whipped around to face her. His entire body, the pose and the rigidity, showed he was angry. However, his eyes showed no form of hostility. Few would be able to tell that trait of his, how his eyes always gave away the truth. He knew what would happen should he show any form of kindness or compassion towards a demon. "Hush it! I've already explained the rules to you!" His words hissed out, though in a human form, not in the demonic way he could make them. "You speak only when spoken to!" He turned back to Jun. "I know you don't like it." He said, using an easy and reassuring tone. "But you have to rank up, you know that. This one will be easy. Your first session and I'll be supervising. No big deal. Now, go on and choose your chemical, alright?"

Jun heard her words and pain and sorrow filled his eyes and he looked away from her. "I wish I could go back to those days too often," he murmured to himself.

Then he looked with astonishment at the demon. "You can actually talk. I mean, it's not impossible, but I didn't expect to see it in my time here," he said as his shock quickly faded.

He had been subject to far too many things to be surprised by much, and even what did surprised him didn't do it very much. He pulled the door closed behind him to keep others from hearing and then walked forward to the chair, where he set the box down and straddled it just as Storm had done, ignoring what Storm had said. His interest wasn't in experimenting on the subject. It wasn't even in the work done at the facility, but he had to earn money somehow, and his skill was in combat. He didn't want to "rank up" if all that was ahead was more of this filth "So, what the story huh?" he asked, the question aimed at Storm, but that wasn't very clear from how he watched Seyerna.

Storm pinched the bridge of his nose in mock irritation, though he was truly slightly shocked at the human's curiosity. Still, he was slightly insulted by the human's ignorance, thinking demons were too lowly for speech. Granted, he knew the society in which the human lived with and couldn't much blame him for the thought process he was raised with. Still, why do humans never question what they are told? He sighed, but knew his sigh would only aid in his feigned irritation. "Jun, we have limited time. And I prefer mine not being wasted here with such waste on a table. Do not make conversation with it, let's get to your studies. You do recall the higher your rank, the more you're paid, right? You've only bothered me about my salary every time I see you." He made no eye contact with Seyerna, though he felt more protective of the stranger than ever. She was the only one like him that he had run into for centuries and the sooner he got her out of here, the more apt he was to have her alive. But she probably won't stay, you realize that? But she also has been away for far too long. Maybe she'll realize she needs a bit of help adapting. That would keep her around at least for a while. That's better than nothing, right? He sighed again.

Seyerna grinned widely, immensely enjoying Storm's rage, or appearance of it. She did recall him telling her not to speak unless spoken too, but she wouldn't make a very good demon subject if she didn't rebel. However, Jun didn't seem to care about those rules, he was intrigued by her talking, she could understand that, the hell-born monsters could rarely speak and even those that could form coherent enough thought to manage words, usually didn't.

At Jun's words, she spoke again, chancing Storm's wrath, finding him less than threatening; "Humans have never been very good at appreciating hard work, they'd rather pass the task off on those 'lesser' then themselves. I appreciated the nature of hell in that the strength of your arms was the key to your value, of course sometimes it went a little over board. I once watched a 'noble' - or as close as we got to it in hell - argue that the sky was purple, and I assure you it was very much red, and since he could best anyone who argued otherwise, demons said the sky was purple. He was a bit mad, of course, most of them were. So the motto 'might maketh right' wasn't always the best route of things, but they didn't care much, they were more interested in violence." She realized she was rambling a bit, but it had been so long since she could talk to people, even if they were about to potentially torture her. They didn't portray a particularly hostile attitude and this Jun, his eyes, even portrayed a sort of softness, or perhaps it was madness, sometimes it was hard to tell depending on an individual's 'flavor' of insanity.

"Oh, I can do much more than talk. I can do quite a few tricks. I can even masquerade around as a human, though these bonds are making it immensely uncomfortable to revert to my basic form. Without hell weighing down on me I would shift, but I'm afraid I can't." Even as she spoke this her horns visibly shrunk, sitting only an inch or two off her skull, the ends having gone dull, just small black nubs protruding from her forehead now. Neither of these two came off as threatening enough for her demonic form to force itself forward, even as Storm threatened or expressed anger.

Jun was very much happy to see this demon alive, even if some of her comments made him remember painful memories. He flexed his right hand by habit and listened to her go on about things. Even though none of it concerned him, it was still very interesting. When she mentioned blending in Jun said, "Well, blending in with people today isn't that difficult. Even I could do it. People are just so careless and ignorant sometimes."

He caught himself as before he continued and changed the subject to Storm as he stood from the seat, picking the box up and putting it on the chair. "You know Storm, the whole point of this is to learn from these things, but this girl seems to have a lot of things to say."

He lowered his voice and continued, "What if there were others among humans that could disguise themselves? I mean, I don't know the goal behind this madness, but there has to be some value with this one."

Jun knew he was pushing his duty, but his sense of morality pressed forward. This demon had a mind and what seemed like a life maybe. It was cruel to torture them as usual, but she was an even more pressing case.

Storm sent a vile glare at Seyerna as she mentioned the ability to blend in, and his eyes showed he actually meant this one. His eyes flashed to Jun as he got up and watched his every action closely. He heard the slip up Jun himself had given, but dismissed it as a simple metaphor as his own troubles arose. His mind did not ease as Jun began thinking of the possibility of other possible demons simply blended into society and he felt his heart stop and his body grow hot, making it hard to breath. This panic of his was, of course, not visible to the other two but he felt as if his disguise were gone and he was standing in front of Jun without all of his demonic traits hidden. He bit his tongue. Stop it! You still look human. Calm down. No one suspects anything of you, idiot! Quit before you ruin something. But the thought of himself being caught and all the things that could happen to him was hard to force from his mind. Still, he forced a look of disappointment on Jun. "Really? You find an odd demon and suddenly believe all she says? And then apply it to other demons? We have seen all that comes from those gates. Never has one been like this. I think it's safe to assume she is probably the only one, mixed with some odd mixture of the demons below to bring her. There's no reason to think such ridiculous things such as there being others, Jun." He used a lecturing tone, knowing it would've been the normal one to be used in this situation by himself. "Now, we really need to get this show on the road. Let's go on with the chemical testing and if it makes you feel any better, I'll tell the boss about this one's unique ability tomorrow morning, alright?"