Seanzilla

[Discussion] Sorcerers

110 posts in this topic

We Contenders are always in need of extra Champions. I mean , the other Contenders may have hundreds of followers backing them up, supposedly...

Shadow's character must be an underdog in this War. He's relatively young and unknown and doesn't have a following.

I'll need to flesh out my Contender before I can decide if they're the sort who'd adopt Mei .

Lol, I understand. She's rather narrowly specialized... but that means she's good at what she does? >.>

I wouldn't mind adopting Mei if Wst doesn't. I'm thinking of creating a Contender who has a large following anyway.

Name: Elyon Olivine

Personality: Chipper, proactive

Appearance: 

Bleached hair, bunched up into two long, and low pigtails. A black hairband completes her look. Dresses girly.

Abilities:

In a nutshell, she exudes brute strength (in terms of magical ability)

She can mess with gravity, be it weakening or intensifying it. The larger the area her spell covers, the more energy is needed to upkeep it.

To be slightly more specific - I'm envisioning a force field effect that can slow or crush things (and etc), or do the opposite. 

Time travelling and limitless storage capabilities also make up the party tricks in her arsenal.

Background:

Contender

After causing a ton of trouble in her family due to her magical potential, Elyon was pretty much 'talent scouted' by senior sorcerers and was eventually drawn into this secret world. She embraced her new life as a fellow mage, often using her newfound skills to discreetly help other Normals. The notion of a War suddenly getting pushed onto her and her fellow 12 friends did not sit well with the lady.

Objective: Prevent bloodshed if possible ( people who don't wanna go in with guns blazing should probably form an alliance ._.'' )

Champion:

Name: Elliot Olivine

Personality: Earnest, spirited

Appearance: Light brown hair. Long, low ponytail. Athletic build. Doesn't like wearing shirts.

Abilities: Highly experienced in close quarters combat. Sometimes Elyon will help him out a little too, with a little buffs here and there.

Gift: Fingerless glove, with steel knuckles incorporated in it. Highly charged with electricity, allows Elliot to fire projectiles from it like a railgun. He always keeps BB bullets on him for this purpose, but other small objects could work in a pinch too.

Background: Elyon's brother, born Normal. Since his sister's one of the most powerful sorcerers in the country, he also got the privilege of knowing quite a lot of first hand gossip from the other world. When news of the war broke, he did what every older brother would do: support his baby sister to the best of his ability.

Vassals: The Olivine family, around 5 members in total. 

...Actually this entire sheet is still in TBA status >_> But that's the main gist of my character.

For a pacifist character Elyon has some really brutal abilities.

She doesn't seem very tough for a Contender, though. Unless there's something unusual with her, I doubt The Lord would have scouted her, since he's probably picked only the most experienced and powerful for the War.

If there's something odd about her it'll raise eyebrows IC but it'd be understandable.

She's not exactly pacifist, hmmm.

Just against this method of choosing a new leader. Does the Lord not know voting/democracy exists.

If someone misbehaves she'd still whoop butt.

It isn't the Lord's method though. All the Lords are picked this way and it is the Cosmos that decided it. 

And democracy doesn't prove ones worth. Beating 12 of the greatest Sorcerers on the planet does :D

You're (or the Cosmos is) just itching to see people beat each other up pfff :u

wst:

I guess its true she doesn't sound strong enough

but if everyone tried to one-up each other it wouldnt be a RP anymore
it'd be straight up battle RPing

But of course I can backtrack and add more bells and whistles on her sheet, if you need her to be more threatening  :wub:

I think it is safe to assume that Elyon, like every single Contender, is insanely powerful but excels at the stuff mentioned o:

ENDLESS POSSIBILITIES!

At least she needs to have something that would distinguish her from the crowd of ridiculously overpowered old men that presumably make up a good portion of the Contenders, since right now she looks like a newbie who wouldn't exactly catch the Lord's eye.

If her power's a unique one ( perhaps space time bending is unheard of-- that's what gravity manipulation would be after all) she'd have her position as Contender justified.

Timey's contender is Maya Iyengar, basically an illusionist. A good fit for Mei's master, actually.

I might play a common Sorcerer or Sorceress instead since we don't have any of them. Four fleshed-out Contenders should be sufficient.

I'm using a Planeswalker from Magic the Gathering; a powerful mage who can traverse between universes and draw energy from the land to cast spells.

She's a master illusionist and weaponsmaster whose illusions become real as long as someone in the vicinity believes that they are real. These illusions can take the forms of weapons, constructs or even creatures. She will also have a large cult following from her home world which thinks she is some form of Eldritch demon.

I see why you guys have doubts about her abilities now XD

I'm buffing her.

Since you said her abilities are Space-Time themed I'm throwing Homura's abilities in with hers too~

First of I'll announce that the battle will take place in a fictional English city called Dutchess, only slightly smaller than Birmingham. I'll start the RP on 24th of December 2013 at a Christmas eve party in Theodore's estate where he'll make a few announcements about the war. The actual will start in the week after that on January 1st.

Also, my Contender:

Name: Stella Lotharius, the Queen of Winter

Personality: Aloof, calculating, intelligent, ambitious and eager to prove herself as the greatest Sorcerer.

Appearance: So cute.

Abilities: Her father loves telling people that Stella cast her first spell even before she said her first word or walked her first step. Despite initially specializing in the usage of elemental magic like the majority of the other Contenders she is extraordinarily talented in the usage of any kind of Magic she has ever studied, but what distinguishes her of the remaining Contenders is her incredible intellect along with the ability to copy spells.
The ability works by seeing, understanding and copying the state of the Cosmos when the spell was cast and replicating it with her own spell. The downside is that she can only do this once without seeing the spell cast again, but the knowledge of how the spells works forever remains, giving her the opportunity to modify the spell and make it a viable part of her arsenal.

Background: Stella is the eldest daughter of the head of the Lotharius family. A well-known family of accomplished Sorcerers. Like many other members of the family Stella exhibited exceptional mastery of the use of magic, but there was one thing that made her different from the rest of her family.

She possessed the ability to immediately understand a spell as long as she has seen it once, the ability to copy the state of the Cosmos once in order to caste a replica of the spell and the ability to modify the spell in order for it to fit her arsenal of magic.

This versatility and essentially limitless potential was what drew the eyes of the 49th Lord and without second thought he decided to pick her as one of the 13 Contenders for the title of the 50th Lord. Along with the combined forces of both the Lotharius and Silverman family and the various friends and acquaintances she's made who're loyal to her she decided she'd do everything in order to win.

Have we decided yet whether Mei is with Time or Wst?

Also, do Contenders have to declare their Champions, or can my adopter have, say, a phantom Champion who nobody knows about?

/could play into strategy

Mei should go with Time. Her Gift fits Time's character, and I might not be a Contender.

Hmmm...I do seem like an underdog. I should have a small group as my following. At least my people aren't following some over powered old man =P

I mentioned this to Noia on Skype, but I'll post it here.

You don't have to name every single Champion or Vassal on your side, as long as you at least give something of an estimate to how many people are on your side. 

I think being an underdog is fine. The underdogs usually win anyway.

Also Alisyn, my character will be revealing secrets about her background throughout the story so if Mei's with me, feel free to leave or betray Maya at any point in the story.

Sorry, revealing stories about whose background? Mei or Maya?

But tbh, Mei doesn't care. Her loyalty was purchased, so she'll obey her master without question. And she has her wish that she wants granted, which she won't get unless Maya wins with her as a Champion. If she leaves Maya, there's no guarantee that another Contender will take her in, and if she tries to actively betray (i.e. assassinate) Maya to try to win her way into another's graces, she's not strong enough (as a Normal) to win without the Gift and Transcend, I'd assume.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead