Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

[Early Interest Check] Choose Your Own Adventure: Twilight's 11! (Only Instead of 11 You Get 3) by Noia and Seanzilla

24 posts in this topic

Choose Your Own Adventure!

Title is intentionally long as hell.

In this story a group of 3 criminals plan on robbing a bank and your choices will decide how they all end up. But there’s a twist! There have been rumors that one of them is a police informant and this has lead to some tension within the group. Sadly all three of our heroes (or villains?) are in such dire straits that they have no other choice but to continue with the heist and hope that the rumors they heard are just rumors. They’ll also have to have faith that none of them will try to betray them.

In this game every player will get assigned a character and will have to vote on what route to take in the adventure based on this characters objective. You will not know what players have been assigned to the same character as you and you will not be told what the best route is for your character. Based on the choices laid out by the Storyteller you will have to think, discuss and decide what path to take and hopefully meet your Good Ending, while avoiding going on the correct Route for the other characters.

To make this clear; this is not a game revolved around killing. It is about using logic to outsmart your opponents. You don’t know which players are acting as the same character you are and neither do you know what objectives the other characters have. With this limited amount of information you will have to think of a way for your character to reach the ending he wants.

A simple example will be when everyone is preparing for the heist. The three things they’ll need are weapons, tools and an escape plan. The choice you’d receive at this point would be: “What character will take care of what aspect?†Everyone will cast a vote deciding what they wants Character A, Character B and Character C to do.

Of course all three characters have an ideal. The Informant will want to prepare weapons so they can fill it with blanks to make sure no one gets hurt and to rig it with tracking devices in case they escape. The Backstabber will want to take care of the escape route, so they can lead everyone into a trap, kill them and run off with the money for themselves. The Honorable Thief will want to take care of the tools so he can make sure that the heist proceeds smoothly and there are no hiccups.

Let’s say A, B and C are the Thief, Backstabber and Cop respectively. Due to the votes A has to take care of the Tools, B has to take care of the Weapons and C has to take care of the Escape Route. In this scenario A has completed his objective, while B and C failed theirs. Character A receives 2 points for picking the perfect route, but B and C aren’t done.

As alternative B could’ve gone for the weapons, so he could rig them in order to successfully betray the others. If they had gotten the Weapons they would’ve received 1 point. C’s alternative was the Escape Route, so they could plan it to go close to a police trap. They managed to secure C and received 1 point for that.

At the end of the game each team will have been able to receive 10 points in total. The team with the most points will have won and will receive an ending based on the amount of points they have.

0-6 points = Normal End

7-9 points = Good End
10 points  = Perfect End

Losers get the Bad End.

mememememememememememememememememememememememememememememememã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã¿ã€€ï¼ˆï¼¾ã€‚^)ã¶

Memememememememememememememememememememe

...you aren't allowed to sign up for your own game >: (

...you aren't allowed to sign up for your own game >: (

Pssssh. Why not? :)

Actually, I'll let someone else play. I'm in like all the games already.

(there is no player limit)

EDIT: You should view the characters as factions in a Mafia game. There's the good guy, the bad guys and the neutrals. Of course I'll need balanced teams, but for now that's not an issue. Everyone who wants to join is free to do so.

Edited by Seanzilla

Oh, okay.

Mememememememememememememememememe

Actually, I'll let someone else play. I'm in like all the games already.

You obviously have no life.

I'd like to be in on this too.

You obviously have no life.

Ouch. sounds harsh coming from you. XP

Based on the choices laid out by the Storyteller you will have to think, discuss and decide what path to take and hopefully meet your Good Ending, while avoiding going on the correct Route for the other characters.

What I don't get is, how to "discuss" when we aren't aware of who else is on the same character.

I think we all assume we're sincere about the bank heist and want it to succeed. Yeah it's a little iffy for now but I guess we'll see how it goes.

Also, Shadow and Wstie, I do believe I also have no life, having joined all the games that Wstie joined. >.>

We have a whole lot of game regulars here. All them familiar faces.

Those mysterious people who only ever post in role plays need to step up and make themselves known to the rest of us.

By 'discussing', it's probably more like attempting to steer as much people as you can into voting for the direction you think is the most beneficial to the faction you're put in.

The options presented should hopefully be vague enough to warrant some analyzing. Admittedly, going after that train of thought eventually led me to more problems.  :lol: I'll have to do some discussing after zillaman wakes up.

However, this is still somewhat rough... We might end up changing a lotta stuff by the time a version worth playing is pushed out(?). The concept of having a CYOA style of playing + lively discussion will still be the core of this entire little project though. 3:

After some chit chatting, we tweaked it:

• There'll be three factions; the 2 other factions know what option is best for them, but the Innocents have no clue whats best for theirs. 

• Most of the players are good guys with no hidden agendas and you'll have two small factions trying to guide people into picking their routes.

• The players in the 'villainous' groups will be aware of who their fellow team members are.

So... pretty much the standard Mafia arrangement, according to seanzilllla 

And here's a relevant quote off him: "the main difference here is that you -have- to vote, there is no [redacted] like stalling because 'you dont know for sure' "

What if the players don't post at all by the time limit? That's pretty much skipping your vote like in the normal Mafia game.

what I said at [redacted] wasn't even that offensive... ;____;

also in case of a tie there will be a maximum 12 hours of Overtime. During Overtime the first tiebreaking Vote cast ends the Round. If after 12 hours of Overtime no tiebreaking Vote has been cast the option that awards the Innocents 0 points is the one that the story defaults to, meaning that one villain group will get 1 point and the other will get 2 points (since each option awards 0, 1 and 2 points to the three groups)

So you'll just be screwing yourself over by not voting.

Also to clarify what I mean with a tiebreaking vote:

Option A has 2 votes, B has 2 votes and C has 0 votes when we enter Overtime. If someone votes for C that doesn't break the tie so Overtime continues, but as soon as one person votes for either A or B or three people vote for C the Round ends, meaning that all votes that follow are invalid.

I'll need to read this more carefully later, but from what I've skimmed, I'm interested.

On paper it sounds contusing but it sounds like a learn-by-play game. ("mememe")

I'd like to join too. I'm one of the best players I have ever known. (shameless self-advertising)