Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Swarm Mystery [NIGHT PHASE 4]

734 posts in this topic

Are we all sure the bigwigs on Earth elected to send the best and the brightest, instead of the craziest and most unstable?

Cuz it's a madhouse in here. Maybe this Swarm Host is a fiction, a lie fed to us by Mission Control, such that we'll conveniently kill each other in our paranoia!

I smell a CONSPIRACY!

Stupid. Why would I weaken our forces by crippling the Robot? It gives us one less buffer against the Host.

Unless, of course, you're the Host and trying to turn us against each other. After all, why would you accuse someone who was clearly on the Scientist side, and then encourage an attack on the Robot? AND proposing that the Host doesn't even exist?

I never said you should attack the robot with Stinger missiles! We don't even have missiles aboard, for this is a ship of LOVE AND PEACE. On paper anyway. Unless you brought some on, hmm, ex-soldier?

And if a shirtless guy emerges from DayDreamer's innards, I'm going to cry foul.

And I never accused the scientist, I merely said he was a jackass! Sure, a useful jackass, but I tolerate him not for his personal conduct but for his professional capabilities! I would never dream of killing off the world's most preeminent physicist-chemist-biologist-billionaire-playboy-philanthropist. That would be just silly.

Conversing Records

These Conversations will take place at the end of the Day Phase, if nothing changes.

Noia is conversing with Ethereal

These Conversations require confirmation from their partners in order to take place.

Alisyn wants to converse with DayDreamer

HerculeHastings wants to converse with Darkwater

DayDreamer wants to converse with Darkwater

Wstfgl wants to converse with Seanzilla

Also to answer Alisyn's earlier question, all Votes have to be done publicly. You can Vote for up to 3 actions to be taken, as stated in the Scientist role. The majority Vote will determine the action. To clarify, this means that you have up to 3 Votes which you can make, if you wish to take all 3 actions in the same Day Phase (not just choose 1 Vote out of the 3).

No, let's not do that. This so-called ex-soldier is a reactionary who merely wants to dispose of a personal rival~

A rival in love~

But let's SCAN somebody. I'm going to say DayDreamer, just so we're absolutely sure no shirtless men are hiding inside him.

I vote to SCAN our dearly beloved captain (because we are totally screwed if she's out to get us).

And EXTERMINATE the liberal-minded everything (aliens probably included)-lover for being so suspicious. D;

And I don't get the point of cataloging, but what the heck, why not? I'd like to CATALOG Strength.

Uhhhh

I don't think we can scan the gamemaster...

or can we ._.

Noia is totally not confused right about now

edit: oh wait she meant pain, not time 

Funfact 3: Green eggs and ham are tasty.

I vote to EXTERMINATE Alisyn for being a filthy reactionary pawn of the military-industrial complex. Also because I don't want to die, and voting people off on Turn 1 is gauche.

I vote to SCAN Captain Bread because that's like the only thing that filthy dog of the Patriots is saying that makes any sense.

Cataloging means that if someone is assimilated tonight and the Swarm Host has to boost Strength, someone is staring at the outside of an airlock next Day Phase. So it might be useful. Let's go with that.

I wonder when the Terra Formars willl show up... Since I am the Love Interest I'lll be thr first to die in order to prove a point.

Sanzi, talk to me~

I brought wine... and a CD of Barry Manilow songs... and a pair of handcuffs... and this ball gag. As conversation starters, honest.

I don't want the love of my life to think I'm cheating on her :(

You have to move on. Accept that she's actually Dio Brando.

It's okay, we're alone out here millions of miles from Earth, your waifu can wait~

Hmph, I'm evidently sharing this vessel with a bunch of dimwits! Scanning someone on Turn 1 is a terrible idea! It reveals all characteristics, so all of you'll let the Swarm Host know immediately who he/she can/cannot best in murder! No, I say we don't start scanning until we have at least 2 Assimilated on board.

Even if we scan now, we'll still have to scan later to know whether a particular someone has been Assimilated. ASSUMPTION: I'm fairly certain we all have a low, medium and high characteristic. We need only scan later when we have a chance of nabbing Assimilateds this way; they will have 2 characteristics of equal value at that point. Scanning now is of minimal utility to us Scientists!

Retract your votes to scan! *adjust specs angrily*

I find it interesting how someone can adjust specs angrily. I shall, er, tell my friend HH to practise this skill! Once I get off the space shuttle!

Speaking of which ARGHHH. *claws at shuttle walls* Why're we still talking so comfortably when a VIRUS IS ON BOARD? LEMME OUTTA HEREEEEE.

Anyway, on a more serious note. *adjusts bra seriously*

1. No extermination, especially from some kind of petty grudge. Remember that the Assimilated just have to outnumber living Scientists to win. We've 1 Assimilated currently; our odds of killing off a scientist, thus helping the ratio, is very high.

2. I'm afraid I must challenge Ether's assumption. Not everyone has a high, medium and low characteristic. I personally have 2 characteristics of the same value.

3. However, he has a point that Scanning seems to only help the Swarm Host. I also vote we not Scan.

4. Cataloguing sounds like a good idea! What trait shall we Catalogue?

However, if we begin scanning now, we'll be able to compile more information with the turns we have and stand a better chance of unearthing some irregularity later on. Also the first victim will be assimilated for sure, not murdered, as they're more useful that way, so the host knowing who he can defeat in manly mano al mano combat seems like irrelevant information.

In addition, I can say with all honesty that your assumption is incorrect. My stat line does not look like that. Some people might have middling or terrible stats to begin with, or even abnormally high ones.

Let's get to scanning. I'll vote to scan Pain as while we still need to settle the issue of whether DayDreamer really is a sham piloted by a shirtless midget, the captain seems like a tempting assimilation target. And the robot seems to be a player who's apparently immune to assimilation, so it won't be much good other than revealing potential weaknesses.

So far two of us have voted to catalogue Strength. In case one of us suddenly turns green. No way am I letting that happen on this ship after the fracas with the superheroes.

Wstie also has a point. Anyway I don't care either way. I'll also Scan Pain and catalogue Strength then.

There's nothing stopping us from revealing our own Characteristics. Why not we all do it right here and now? Thoughts? Makes all our subsequent Scans more useful too. Information-sharing always benefits the good guys more. That's why it was banned in the Mafia Game and it narrowed the list of suspects in the Mystery Game down to 2.

EDIT: *adjusts specs belatedly*

Of course it means that the Swarm Host would know exactly who to recruit. And we could easily lie about them.

It's a big gamble.

My computational level is over 9000. Humans do not possess such mathematical introspection capabilities, this is a futile exercise.

1 person likes this

Together with Wstie's point, I'd just like to point out that anyone of us may become an Assimilated anytime, in which case we seem to be digging our own graves if we do this. The moment we become Assimilated, we're probably going to be discovered. Ether, you may become an Assimilated, who knows, and then your own plan will backfire on you.

It looks like we may want to be concerned for our safety no matter which side we're on.

Revealing your Characteristics doesn't help the Host decide who to target for Assimilation or Murder. Traits will do that, but I'm not asking for us to do that. Revealing Characteristics only affect the decision whether to Murder or assimilate you AFTER the Host has decided to target you. It does not increase your chances of being targeted in any way as long as you are careful with your Traits.

Yupppp. I mean, I don't care about this, it's just that I don't want to set myself up for suicide if ever the Host decides to Assimilate me. XD I mean, cover your bases, right?

Yeah... Not like any of us don't mind winning as an Assimilated... Yeah... Ha ha... Ha.

I guess it all boils down to whether we want to sacrifice our safety for the good of the collective...A strangely swarm-like mentality.

TO BEAT THEM, WE MUST BECOME LIKE THEM.

1 person likes this