Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Swarm Mystery [NIGHT PHASE 4]

734 posts in this topic

I know. The Scientist's tab used to be right until he got more people. Then, in the discussion thread he announced it'd raise to 5 and he'd directly pm anyone who had powers that the knowledge point affected. So, clearly, you weren't affected by it. But I guess he changed it under the knowledge area and forgot about it being in the Scientist area. But the one in the Knowledge area will be the one he will use.

Depends. Some people may gain knowledge faster than others.

True, surely there'll be at least one person who'll get it, but it'll be impossible (or just really really really hard/lucky) for us all to get 5 Knowledge, without identifying and eliminating one or two of the Assimilated, so we can't do the "A investigates B, B investigates C, C investigates D, etc. etc." tactic. I'm sure the restriction was placed to prevent this from happening. 

Oh, then I had better put it out here:

Researching the database is the worst Night Phase move you can make! The information you get about Characteristics are are random, useless (unless you're lucky enough to have information to compare it to) and they benefit the Swarm too if you post it here! ALWAYS up your Knowledge until you can detect the Assimilated/Host!

Unless it is detrimental to your survival, ALWAYS tell the truth. Telling lies makes you seem suspicious! 

If you have a game-winning Trait, stay under the radar! if you have crappy Traits like me, just be as loud and helpful as you can. Draw aggro to yourself!

Y'know, the swarm host will probably read that.

Unless you're the swarm host and you're guiding us to the slaughter like sheep.

Which would be darkly hilarious, in a way.

Hm. How would posting a characteristic we find through researching benefit the Host?

Anyway, we should probably begin voting someone to be scanned so as not to waste any of our freely given abilities.

So I wonder why no one suggested we all level our knowledge to 3 and then assign a target for Investigation to all of us

Because that takes three turns minimum (putting us at Scientists 7, Aliens 4, assuming Assimilation every turn), and if the Hosts/Assimilated are assigned each other, they can lie about each others' statuses. The Host could even designate an Assimilated to lie about who the Host is, making us Exterminate one of our own. Of course, we'll then realize that the liar is an Assimilated and kill him/her, but the Host gets another chance to Assimilate someone in the meantime, throwing us at a disadvantage (Scientists 5, Aliens 4). And that's assuming we're not Exterminating up until then. If we're lucky and hit Assimilateds, we would stand a better chance, but if we're unlucky and hit Scientists, we lose.

And that's not even talking about getting to level 5.

You know what you all should do? Hide in your rooms and let me duke it out with the Host. Trust me, it'll work.

/Wait..... Sorry, Time, might have broken your game again if I can make everyone cooperate. PM-ing you~~~

Because that takes three turns minimum (putting us at Scientists 7, Aliens 4, assuming Assimilation every turn), and if the Hosts/Assimilated are assigned each other, they can lie about each others' statuses. The Host could even designate an Assimilated to lie about who the Host is, making us Exterminate one of our own. Of course, we'll then realize that the liar is an Assimilated and kill him/her, but the Host gets another chance to Assimilate someone in the meantime, throwing us at a disadvantage (Scientists 5, Aliens 4). And that's assuming we're not Exterminating up until then. If we're lucky and hit Assimilateds, we would stand a better chance, but if we're unlucky and hit Scientists, we lose.

And that's not even talking about getting to level 5.

Without sharing information early, that's the reality we're looking at. However, the other night actions available are either of worse utility (Researching Database) or outright useless (Messaging) without crucial pieces of information (Conversing/Pre-game Activated Traits).

You know what you all should do? Hide in your rooms and let me duke it out with the Host. Trust me, it'll work.

/Wait..... Sorry, Time, might have broken your game again if I can make everyone cooperate. PM-ing you~~~

To secure our cooperation, you'll need to tell us the Trait that allows you to survive a 1v1 against the Host. o.0

And seriously, scan me. I don't mind the risk of being targeted.

I would share my entire character sheet if I believed Time wouldn't change the rules again so I would have to find a new way to break his game. xD

Unfortunately, he probably will... and now I'm in danger. Not imminent danger, at least, thankfully. xDD

Or convince us that you aren't the Host in the first place.

If I were the Host, what would the benefit be of asking you all to lock yourselves in your rooms? The moment you did, and Time opened the rooms to the Host, and the Host Assimilated someone, then isn't it clear that I'm the Host if everyone except me locked themselves in? Whereas if I'm not and can take on the Host 1x1 and am out researching, the Host (thus far) cannot attack you guys since there is a valid target wandering around the halls.

Retired Soldier is super boss. >.>

There'll always be someone who doesn't want to work with us :D

Exterminate them. -____-

I will not condone traitors upon this ship!

I was hired to protect you all. I have already failed in allowing the Swarm Host to invade someone unknowingly, and I will not let anyone else die or fall victim to this menace on my watch! D:<

/at least until Time fixes the rules

So if someone disagrees with something and doesn't cooperate, you're gonna exterminate them... yet you're not allowing anyone to die... hmmm o.o it seems that would be difficult o.o

1 person likes this

If they're wandering around in the middle of the night, they're going to be Assimilated. Once that happens, they are no longer human, but the other, the enemy.

And we just discussed the futility of asking you all to lock yourselves in your rooms if I'm the Swarm Host. :rolleyes:

I don't think we should waste a night locked in our rooms, anyway o.o

Unless I can duke it out with the Swarm Host. xD

And you know what? People probably already figured this out with my blabbing, so....

Scientist Traits
1)    Immunity: You are one of the people on board this ship with a natural immunity to the alien virus of the Swarm Host. You cannot be Assimilated by the Swarm Host during the night, and if an attempt is made, you will be informed of it.

Also, as a Retired Soldier, I have certain advantages when fighting the Host.

So now the Host knows to kill you, instead of Assimilate you......

1 person likes this

I'm not that easy to kill, and with everything I've said so far, I'd be surprised if anybody hasn't figured out I'm Immune already.

I can stand a few knocks and bruises. Better that the Host goes after me than after you guys.

Anyways, my plan (which Time will probably kill somehow) was to have you all lock yourselves in your rooms and confirm it by sending Messages to me each night. I will go out and Scan the specimen until my Knowledge is level 5, protected by my Immunity and Cloak of Invulnerability (/not an actual Trait, but a stand-in for one). Then I can Investigate everyone one by one and report back on who the Host is, as well as anyone who didn't stay in their rooms the previous night and is a candidate for an Assimilated (since the Host can't touch me).