Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TriOctium

Swarm Mystery [NIGHT PHASE 4]

734 posts in this topic

You capitalist dogs talk too much.

I don't even know what's going on. And I'm a super scientist!

I have no idea who is available for conversation with all this racket. So if you want to talk to me go right ahead, maybe I'll talk back. Maybe.

Jesus christ, you guys talk too much. This thing isn't even up for ONE day and there's FIVE pages? I ain't trawling through that shit.

xD

As Captain, I command someone give me a summary.

>.>

And I'll converse with Kyo, as his post is the one above mine.

No changes will be made to the rules, because Alisyn's new plan isn't a game breaker. Play on, people!

Kyo/Pain, the conversations are pretty easy to follow so far, nothing very mind-blowing in the past 5 pages. But I will be posting up a summary in about 6 hours or so of all the actions that are being taken so you could refer to that.

So you say. If I can get everyone to cooperate, we'll kill the Host with no victims. ^_^

Pain, go be all captain-y and yell at everyone to hide in their rooms at night until I figure out who's the Host for us to Exterminate. /shifty

I agree to converse with the Capitalist Captain

You crazy dogs need to quiet your loud mouthed barking and get to the point. How you ever got anything done without the Soviets is beyond my comprehension!

1 person likes this

I'm just really suspicious that first Ethereal said Scanning wasn't a good idea, then he wants everyone to share their Characteristics, then now he's begging us to Scan him?

Also, I kinda believe Alisyn. She sounds so convinced that she'll nab the Host. Why don't we all give it a try at least? If she dies we can just revert to our original plan. Which wasn't really much of a plan.

Also, to Darkwater, I'm quite sure DayDreamer has some shifty plans trying to Converse with you! I think it most likely there's some kind of weird win condition that involves a Robot and an Engineer working together. On the other hand, he may be the Swarm Host and trying to Assimilate you. D: Plus, first-come-first-served is fair. Besides, wouldn't you want to know how the Medic can save you if anything happens?

Also in fairness if we win with no casualties that isn't very fun.

1 person likes this

Plus, first-come-first-served is fair. Besides, wouldn't you want to know how the Medic can save you if anything happens?

My systems took time to boot up, I could not act earlier. I question your suggestion that a robot could host a parasitic organism, and suggest that your eagerness to jab people with needles is not unlike the method by which such an organism may spread itself.

If you are so senselessly insistent on your random choice of conversation partner that my reasoned choice must be disregarded, then so be it. There will be one less conversation today, because I can not converse will anyone else.

It's hella tough trying to pull off a solo effort in games like these I:

Games can be easily won in theory, but you're pretty much SOL if you're expecting everyone else to obediently listen to you 

Also anyone who dares lay a finger on my new best scientist friend will get the sternest paddlin' from me. I'm fine revealing my stats, provided everyone else does the same. which I highly doubt.

So... scanning it is.

I dunno what's the current vote count as of right now

and I'm a little lazy to read up properly 

so uh 

I'll vote Eth too (I've already retracted my vote to scan Day yesterday)

Noiafact 4: You should pay attention to the stuff I type here, it's 100% useful and filled with critical information

To be fair, I'm not "randomly choosing" a conversation partner, hence me wanting to see both sides of why you both chose to converse with me. Fair chances are... fair. :p

HH, I would love to know how you could protect me should anything happen. But that would also have to coincide with your choice to use that on me, wouldn't it?

And I'm pretty interested that I'm the only one who can converse with Day. And even more so if it must be in the first Phase. Perhaps I could gain a little more this way.

I accept the invitation to converse with Day.

And, since it's gonna seem easy to do, I'm gonna vote to scan Ethereal.

You want to know why I have confidence in my plan?

Retired Soldier

Strength: Strong (3)

Intelligence: Strong (3)

Reflexes: Strong (3)

Scientist Traits

1) Immunity: You are one of the people on board this ship with a natural immunity to the alien virus of the Swarm Host. You cannot be Assimilated by the Swarm Host during the night, and if an attempt is made, you will be informed of it.

3) Battle Honed: Your years on the battlefield have granted you with lethal reflexes. If you are the target of a Murder, all your Characteristics are temporarily doubled.

I am Immune and the Host needs at least 7 in any stat to Murder me. Assuming 3 is the highest for any individual, and the Host has 3 in one and buffs an Assimilated to 4, I'm dead. (Improbable, though, so I get a little reprieve if there's one Assimilation, but I won't hold out for two with my luck.)

Thus, I place my life in your hands, my fellow Scientists.

/cue the trolls

Also, I RETRACT MY SCAN VOTE. Don't want the Host knowing who would be good to Assimilate to Murder me. >~<

You assume the Host had no human abilities which might be turned against you. Not to pick on the Medic, but consider the possibility that she could drug someone to reduce their ability to defend themselves, or neutralize their traits.

To be fair, I'm not "randomly choosing" a conversation partner,

I did not mean you, only the Medic, since she as of yet has given no reason why she wants to converse with you.

Idk what Traits people have because nobody is revealing besides me, so that's a risk I'm willing to take. /shrug

Better idea than holing up and killing people randomly. Besides, maybe the Medic has an ability to protect/save people, and I'll bet on that 9/10 chance that she's on the Scientist side. If she (or someone else with such ability) can protect me in a way that allows her to stay in her room, it's all good.

You assume the Host had no human abilities which might be turned against you. Not to pick on the Medic, but consider the possibility that she could drug someone to reduce their ability to defend themselves, or neutralize their traits.

But if it's a Scientist Trait, there's a chance the Host didn't get the role with it. I'm willing to spend a night in my room to test out the Soldier's abilities. It seems the best way to exploit the Soldier's Traits anyway. The Soldier's advantages are mitigated as the game goes on, so she'll never be as useful as she is now.

Yes, please use me for cannon fodder. At the very least, I can learn information and share it before my untimely demise, so it's not like you guys will start out from square one. It'll be 9v1, but not as much in the dark as 10v1 with Assimilations/Murders every night with non-Immunes running around where the Host can get them.

Okay so right now let me summarise the plan:

1. We Scan Ethereal instead of Pain. (does anyone know why our original target changed? Was it just cuz Ether suddenly volunteered himself?)

2. We'll all stay in our rooms this and all subsequent Night Phases to allow Alisyn to go out and gather Knowledge up to Level 5, in order to pinpoint the Swarm Host.

I'm fine with both plans.

When you stay in your room, please Message me so I can confirm it (anything is fine, really). Anyone who fails to do so will be noted during the next Day phase since they may have been Assimilated, as Time is providing the Host with a list of people who leave their rooms to target. ^^;

Also, is it suspicious that Ethereal is so eager to be scanned? Is there some sort of Trait that's affected by that? If it's just a matter of revealing Characteristics, there's nothing against posting them like I did, with the risk of liars for whatever reason. xD

Just be careful not to walk into my room by mistake~. Uhuhuhu~.

Oh anyway FINE DARKWATER Converse with DayDay if you want, by all means! All I can say is DayDay saying I haven't provided a valid reason to want to talk to you is BS, cuz his reason is that he needs maintenance. I mean, wouldn't a self-respecting robot be sure to maintain himself in peak condition on the first day of travelling in a space shuttle? I found his determination to talk to you suspicious, which is why I stood to my guns. That, and I don't want to look like I'm rather easy to push around. *shifty eyes*

In any case, I suspect DayDay has something to do with the Cure, which is why he insists on Conversing with Darkwater. I just hope it's not a win condition of his own that doesn't benefit us. Or that he just wants to screw me over. T.T

The only person left without a Conversation partner (except Alisyn cuz er we kinda all know her Traits now) is DreamyLane, so I think I've no choice. DreamyLane, shall we Converse?

I'm not too worried if it's the Cure, since Time said that it makes all the Scientists win. But I don't know how they would make the Cure; it struck me as a Medic/SuperScientist thing that required Knowledge. I'm rather worried that they have something that will blow us all up and leave them as sole survivors. xD

I actually wanted to speak with DD to figure out if she was also Immune (as a Robot, the most likely option) and could potentially cooperate with me somehow. Well, before I came up with this idea. /shrug

When you stay in your room, please Message me so I can confirm it (anything is fine, really). Anyone who fails to do so will be noted during the next Day phase since they may have been Assimilated, as Time is providing the Host with a list of people who leave their rooms to target. ^^;

I originally had thought of implementing that change during the initial discussion phases of the game, but ultimately I didn't put it in. So the Swarm Host will have to Stalk their desired prey and hope that they picked the right target. But they can swap Stalking targets until they have found someone who left the room, after which they cannot change targets anymore.

Oh, sorry. I don't know you all yet, so idk genders, and my phone won't tell me like my computer. >.<

Either way, it means the Host can Stalk everyone until it's successful. And it knows better than to Stalk me, so... whoever leaves is probably going to be Assimilated. >.>

The plans seem alright and all but the messaging part bothers me. That would waste our only night action and would make us literally completely useless. I say everyone stay in your rooms but use your one message as something more useful. Besides, it'd show who didn't stay in their room the next day if someone got Assimilated, right? I just think we should try to do some work of our own while still going with the plan. Gain as much ground as we can, ya know?

And HH, I do find it suspicious that Day needs to talk to me in the first phase but, being a Robot while I'm an Engineer makes it make sense and I dont think it sounds as dangerous.

Thinking about it, maybe messaging Alisyn is a good idea after all. Itd help narrow down who got Assimilated at least even if not everyone participates. I dunno, I'll go with either. It just seemed useful to use our only night power able to be used with this plan as something a little more beneficial but I suppose this could be pretty beneficial as is.