Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
CrimsonCrescendo

R Digimon Universe: Ignition Factor

22 posts in this topic

On every screen across the world, programming is interrupted, static the only thing visible until, slowly, a fuzzy image of a boy in his late teens clad in battle leathers, with smoking wreckage behind him takes shape on screen. “This is a call to every Tamer everywhere, in every city, town, hamlet, country, state and county. The Digital World needs you! It needs you now like never before...†The boy ducks as an explosion rocks the scene. “There isn't much time! My name is Xilthanas, Leader of the White Dragon Guard Team. Come to Server Continent and head for Ophanimon's Castle! Hopefully, I'll meet you there...†Another explosion rocks the room, debris falling from overhead, followed by loud cursing, clanging of blades for a moment and then a wet flesh-slicing sound, before Xilthanas appears again, looking worn. “I need to get moving. Black Serpent squads are everywhere...This is Xilthanas, signing out!"  The boy turns away from the screen just as it goes back to static, the image slowly fading before its nothing but snow, his mumbled parting words dissolving into the din of static, "I hope someone saw this...†. And then the screen turns off again.

The digital world is at war. What once was a vibrant land, full of creatures and life and all that, is now mostly a cratered, desolate, lifeless place. Pockets of life and vibrancy still exist, but they are slowly fading, as more and more of the digital world is wiped of all life. No one knows how or why it started, but everyone knows who started it. The Black Serpents. Formerly a guard team for the digital city of Ganymede, The Black Serpents are now a perversion of everything a Tamer stands for, raiding, destroying, consuming...everything.

No one knows why they changed. No one understands what caused a once bright and shining light of the digital world to be so completely corrupted. All anyone knows now, is that unless the digital world gets help…well, that’ll be the end of it. And then they will start on the real world. Other Tamers have already answered the call. The Knights of Ophanimon have been chosen. They wage a constant war at the front lines, making sure that if they do give ground, its dearly paid for, sometimes even gaining the upper hand, if only for a little while.

But hope blooms in the strangest of places…rumors speak of a new power, a new digivolution that some of the older digimon have attained in secret. Some have called it the prophesized power known as ‘Transcendic Digivolution’, a power that some say can surpass even Seraphimon himself. No one knows how exactly this new level of power is reached, but the rumor says that it must involve a Tamer, similar to the bio-merge power some other Tamers are able to use. 

But others say that this hope is useless, that the Black Serpents are too numerous, too powerful…Some even say that maybe it’s time for the digital world to fade. Which will you choose? Will you take up arms and defend the digital world you know and love so much? Will you try and ignore the plight? Or will you become that which most Tamers despise and join the forces of darkness? The choice is, of course, yours to make. Let us hope that the choice you make helps to save the digital world, instead of destroying it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ophanimon's Castle

3D-Fantasy-Castle-640x360.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Current Characters

CrimsonCrescendo: Xilthanas, Stride the Bearmon, and Starfall the Pagangemon

ack!: Lexis Ryder & Bubs the Penmon

NPCs: Ophanimon (Crimson)

Totally interested, but I agree with Wst that this looks like a discussion thread and not a start of a role play. Do you want me to move this and we can discuss basic characters/setting and start the RP from there?

I was told to just throw something up.....<_<;; Moreover, no one ever said anything about any set up threads. v_v  I was just trying to do what was asked of me, but I see I mucked that up already.  :unsure:   You'd know best what to do with it, from here. I'm just a newb, after all. If you think it should go somewhere else, then it probably should.

You aren't in trouble. I apologize that it might be unclear. It's usually a good idea to start a Disscussion thread (which is a forum shared for all members) to hash out ideas and gain interest--people might not know that this thread is open and ready to be role played in! Plus, it keeps role plays nice and tidy without all the OOC discussion in the RP thread.

So anyway, I take it this setting is in the Season 3 universe? If it is, is it before or after Takato and friends close the Digital World?

Actually! My setting takes place sometime after season 4. You don't ever really actually see Ophanimon until around then. And at that point she is very diminished, because of Cherubimon/Lucemon. This not only allows me a little more creative freedom with the setting, but also allows me to explain why the Tamers are no longer just sitting back and crying while their PARTNER is trying to save their ass from a mad Triceramon or attempting to save all of digi-creation.

Because you don't anymore, as a Tamer in my setting. You're no where near as strong as a high level digimon, but you can at least defend yourself from smaller ones. No more running from fluff balls! XD 

Before you can do that though, all Tamers must reach Ophanimon's castle. Until you do, you're just normal Tamers with partners.

EDIT!: Just a note! I only watched about halfway through season 4, so I have no idea how that went. It just seemed like the better choice for what I was going to base my setting off of! XD

Oh poop. I haven't seen Season 4 all the way through. :( I guess that gives me more of a reason to plow through the last two DVDs of the first season so I can jump to watching the 4th (just recently re-watched 02 and Tamers).

But in this setting, they DO have Digimon partners--it's not like in season 4 where they ARE the Digimon, correct? Sorry if I have a lot of questions about this--I'm not so familiar with this universe as I am Adventure or Tamers.

Correct! They are NOT digimon power rangers. XD Gawd, I hated that so much. LOL It kind of defeated the point of the series to me.

Some people would probably argue the same thing about my setting, but I would argue that at least MY setting makes more canonical sense than season 4 itself does, by staying true to the Tamer/Partner model. XD

Also! Don't be afraid to build Original Digimon! So long as they make sense and aren't overly powerful from the get go, I'm usually more than happy to RP with Original Digimon. If you do end up building an OD, don't forget to include digivolution path! Seems to be the most commonly forgotten thing with ODs. XD

All right! Makes sense. I'll take another more indepth read-through of your character and try to come up with something. It might take me a day or two to write up a character--it's something I don't normally do, but feel like it would be helpful in this case. Usually when I do fandom RPs, I play exisiting characters, so I'll definitely be using an exisiting Digimon... Just gotta figure out my character.

It looks like this world is going to be darker than most of the Digimon series (I mean, Tamers was kind of dark, but they were all still kids). So I'll have to find a happy medium between my love for stupid goggle heads and some more in-depth character. Haha.

Take your time! I'm definitely more the 'quality over quantity' type of role-players, so I don't mind if it takes a while for you to hammer out a character. ^_^

As for the overall feel of IF. It's meant to make you bond closer to your digimon. In my setting, people die. Not just flutter away into motes of shiny data, or fade away. No. If you're a Tamer, you leave behind a body. When you get hurt or injured, you'll bleed. As my own character Xilthanas has shown, horrible, awful things can befall you in this version of the digital world. 

I chalk this up to the Digital World becoming more and more like the real world, because of the Black Serpents and their poisonous influence. As more and more of the Digital World is laid to ruin, more and more hardships from the real world bleed in. Sadness. Hatred. Despair. Greed. Envy. Betrayal. Deception. Everything horrible about the real world, but twisted and magnified because of how the Digital World is.

To counter-balance this, you'll have to become even closer to your chosen partner, more like brothers/sisters, rather than Best Friends Forever. You'll have to keep hope alive, even when things look so dark you can't see the stars. Bolster each-other. Cry with one another. 

These sorts of things, while they were touched on in the series in a general way, were never given any sort of weight during the run of the show. Sure we see Tai/Davis grow beyond his brash, headstrong, impulsive younger self. And we even see some actual, meaningful bonding between them and their respective partners. But NOTHING like what it should be.

You aren't fighting to protect yourself, the Digital World, or the real world. You're fighting to protect your PARTNER. How you choose to display that, is entirely on you.

1 person likes this

All right. I can dig this. I read your character sheet closer too (I was at work before, whoops). My only question right now is--are the Tamers able to cross the worlds? Like, can Xilthanas go back and forth even with his digital limbs? I think it would be a cool restriction--that he's now kind of forced to stay in the Digital World, even though he seems to be totally fine with that because of the revenge he seeks.

I think I'll still go in with a younger character--one that may seem out of place in the beginning--but will allow the effects of the war that's going on change him to be be hardened and older in a very short amount of time.

And I apologize again, but it will take me a little bit to get this done. I have a huge deadline due on Wednesday, so that needs to take priority over a lot of what I'm doing. But I'll try to get something up Saturday. Feel free to start a role play post (some of the first post here looks like it still can be a role play post, it's just some of it was discussion based as well), and I'll follow when I can!

It's really not a huge issue with me. I don't mind waiting. I'm just glad you're interested! Also um...I've never actually ah...tried to run an RP before. *sweatdrop* So please bear with me.

As for the crossing words question. Xilthanas can no longer leave the digital world. He knows this, because he tried once. The terminal would not allow him to pass through, despite him originally being human. He knew it was a risk, when he agreed to have the procedure done, that made him the Tamer he is. Once he realized the digital world saw him as one of it's own, he dedicated himself even more to the cause of keeping it safe. Honestly, he's probably one of the more deep characters I have, and I made him when I was in my early 20's. XD

As far as OTHER Tamers go, they can go back and forth as they please, at least in the beginning. Eventually, it may progress to a point where the ruin of the DW is so extensive, that even the Terminals stop working, but it won't be until way further down the line.

I think I'm giving up on this. I have no idea how to run an RP, and thinking about it is making me more and more uneasy about it. Sorry to everyone involved. I'm just not cut out to run/lead things.  v.v

Lol Crim. It's not running a roleplay so much as setting out what your thoughts are. It looks like it's just you and Ack anyway, for now, so it looks to me like more of a collaboration than anything else.

If you're uncomfortable starting just like that you can discuss the plot some more. Ack's somewhat on the busy side but she mainly does one-on-one roleplays anyway so it's probably best that you 2 just work closely on how you want to see the story progress.

Really, if you dislike running things then don't "run" it. Leave it open for everyone to chip in. Just cuz you came up with a setting and a world doesn't mean you're responsible for the storyline or coming up with anything else. Once people know it's free and open to anything they'll also come up with stuff. I personally hate "running" a roleplay myself so most of the time i ask people how they want to proceed etcetera.

Okay...if you say so, Hercule. I'm just really intimidated by all of this. Like holy crap. So much nerves.

Doesn't help that the last place I was at kind of, for lack of better words, gutted my confidence in my RP ability. I swear the people there took perverse joy in destroying people that didn't meet their standards or needs. v.v

Oh, nah, we won't do that! Yeah i've been a victim of something like that in the past on another site, but i assure you Ack's a jolly good fellow (if not perhaps a bit slow in posting XD).

I destroy those who don't meet my standards or needs > :D ha ha, nah, I'm just kidding. The worst anyone can do is just not rp with you o.o If I don't like how someone rps then I'll continue that rp with them until it dies but I won't join anymore with them. No big deal. Everyone has people they rp well with and people they don't, because of different styles. And you're gonna find people on here who clash and mix well with you. So relax :)

Like I told you, I'm not much on Digimon so I'm not joining but I did wander in here and saw you doubting yourself so I figured I'd chip in. ^^ Relax. Just let the rp flow. You don't have to know or have everything planned. That's the joy of rping. Creating a story. And everyone plays an equal role in creating that. All the starter has to do is set the scene and begin the story. Not have the whole story ready :P Don't fret, k? Chill your nerves. It looks like you've done a good job so far. Now you just need to collaborate the beginning ideas with ask and the rp can begin and unfold in its own time. I can't wait until you and I get to rp ^^

Hope this helps. Good luck~

1 person likes this

Yeah, again, sorry I've been busy. I hope to get something up this week. T_T my life

No need to be nervous! I'd offer to take the first post, but I don't want to mess up your vision! There's nothing to worry about. I'm excited to participate in this. :)

Well, I'd post something, but I kind of want to see what you make first, so I have an idea of what I'm going to be dealing with and how I should adapt my plans for the characters. XD

As for the nerves...I can't help those. It's been far too long since I've done anything like this, so I'm not even sure how well it's going to turn out. XD

YES! My project is done. I'll work on a character tomorrow night! Thank you for your patience!

All right... So again, this isn't really my normal style... The whole "making a character" and stuff, so he's bound to change a lot... And honestly, he's probably just going to have a similar personality to some of the leader children... Because I'm just not feeling original. XD

Also, I'm sorry if I'm not following correctly in the lore you're creating. Again, as the RP starts, I'll have a better idea of what needs to change about this guy.

Name: Lexis Ryder

Crest: Reliability

Description/Characteristics: Lexis is just an ordinary American kid. A sophomore in high school, girlfriend-less, average student, with a good circle of friends. He doesn't participate too much in after school activities, though he is president of his school's Latin Club. His favorite food is cooked carrots with butter and he likes music that he can listen to on the radio. His dream is to someday become a pilot, or to at least own his own biplane. So how the young man was thrown into the Digital World to help protect it was something he and the other Tamers he came to meet had a hard time understanding.

Just like everybody else, Lexis loved Digimon, but never thought of himself as one of the legendary Tamers that courageously donned the goggles in the comic books he read.  But he was a chosen, and people relied on him. He would do what he could to help protect the Digital World and the Real World from collapsing into darkness.

Appearance: Shaggy brown hair, gray eyes, wears a light track jacket, aviator goggles over an aviator cap, pants, and boots

Digimon: Penmon

Name: Bubs

Type: Vaccine

Planned Evolution: Chicchimon -> Penmon -> Airdramon -> Parrotmon -> Hououmon

Attacks: This sounds so hard. I'll just look it up when I need to use them. XD

Defining attributes: Bubs is a reliable and caring Digimon who often goes out of his way to make sure his partner and friends are comfortable. This often puts him in danger and can come off as quite careless. He can be stubborn but well-meaning. Things are rarely serious to him unless somebody he cares for is in danger.

Ugh, I'm so bad at this. Let's just role play. I swear I'm better than this. XD

LOL It's fine. I can at least get a general idea of your character from that. I'll go ahead and post my characters here, for easy reference.

Character: Xilthanas

Roleplays He Is In: Digimon Universe: Ignition Factor

Human World Name: Damien Sumeragi

Tamer Guild: Knights of Ophanimon, Leader;  Leader of the White Dragon Guard Team

Knight Designation: Virtue

Crest: Courage

Description/Characteristics: He is around 6'0", 325lbs, though most of that weight is because of his 3 cybernetic limbs, both legs and his left arm. He has pale skin, blonde hair, violet eyes, and normally wears loose black leather pants, black tank top, combat boots, leather gloves, and a seven pointed star around his neck. He also has his utility belt which has various gadgets, tools and small weapons, as well as his modify cards and digivice. He wears a large sword on him, named Exodus. Exodus is taller than he is by a foot, and so he wears it at an angle across his back. Now that he is a knight of Ophanimon, he also has a suit of white half-plate armor, with Ophanimon's crest embossed in gold across the chest, bestowed upon him during his knighting ceremony.

Background History: Leader of the Knights of Ophanimon, Xilthanas enjoyed a much deserved sense of accomplishment and happiness, once things had quieted down compared to his younger years. He is also the leader of the White Dragon guard team, based out of Ganymede city on Server continent. An evil monster, known as Tanaquil, nearly changed all of that. Changed nearly everything he knew about the digital world, really. 

Xilthanas never knew if Tanaquil had ever been human, but the monster wore a human's shape and face like someone wears a new coat, so it mattered little. He had lost his physical body long before Xilthanas had first encountered him, but he somehow remained as an infectious evil soul, taking over the lives of innocent people and using their bodies as vehicles for his evil. But that was nothing compared to the thing he called his digimon, a horrible monstrosity that kept itself shrouded in shadows and illusions. During a mission to track down the card form of the Digi-egg of Creation, Xilthanas and his White Dragons stumbled upon Tanaquil, who had also been searching for the card. His team never knew what hit them, it was over so quickly. 

They tried to put up a resistance, but all they managed to do was give Xilthanas enough time to get away and try to complete the mission, though he was so badly injured, it is nothing short of a miracle he made it back to Ganymede. The screams and cries of his friends as they were slowly, painfully taken apart chased him all the way back to the gates, even though he knew that they were long dead. The next thing he knew, he was waking up in a hospital in Ganymede, three of his limbs missing, with IVs running to each remnant and into his good arm. He only noticed Reina when he tried to lift his good hand and caused her to jump to wakefullness. After spending a few minutes hugging him and telling him how sorry she was, she explained to him what had happened while he was unconscious. The gate guards had found him, barely alive, his legs and arm maimed beyond recovery. After they stabilized him, they brought him to the hospital, where doctors had worked quickly to try and save him. They managed to keep him alive, but unless they did something to replace his missing limbs, he would likely remain in this bed...forever.

Not willing to accept this fate, Xilthanas willingly agreed to an experimental procedure that would replace his missing limbs with digital world cybernetics. The only reason it was experimental though, was because it had never been tried on a tamer before. They had no idea what exactly would happen when they attached the cybernetics to his human body. He didn't care. Deep inside his heart, a burning hate and anger slowly began to grow from a small candle to a blazing inferno, a desire for vengence against the being that caused this. Tanaquil. He swore within his soul that he would hunt that monster down and destroy it, even if he died in the process. 

When the procedure was done, Xilthanas spent a few weeks getting used to his new legs and arm, testing to make sure they would stand up to what he needed to do. After recovering sufficiently to travel on his own, Xilthanas slipped from the hospital and stopped by his old flat in the city, opened a hidden compartment in the wall of his room, and grabbed the hidden stash of equipment that he had found during his previous missions.

His outfitting done,  Xilthanas made his way toward the gate, wanting to leave as quickly as he could, to hopefully prevent Tanaquil from heading to Ganymede. When he exited the city though, he came across a bearmon that was badly hurt, in almost the same way he had been, though the injuries weren't as severe as his had been. As Xilthanas looked down upon the frail digimon, his anger turned to self-less concern, stopping him in his tracks. The death of his partner still fresh in his mind, Xilthanas bent down and gently lifted the bearmon in his arms,  then ran as fast as his new legs could carry him back to the hospital.

Xilthanas spent the next few days staying with the bearmon, watching him heal and regain his strength, talking with him and telling him about his former friends and partner, letting the small digimon know that he had a friend and kindred spirit in Xilthanas. Once he had fully healed, Xilthanas and the bearmon walked side by side toward the city gate, originally intending to part ways. When they got there though, Xilthanas and the bearmon looked at one another, Xilthanas posing the question of, "do you want to be my partner?" When the bearmon nodded, Xilthanas asked if he had a name already. He wasn't suprised when the digimon shook his head, having    already decided on a name as he asked the question. "Then I'll call you Stride."

Digimon: Bearmon

Name: Stride

Roleplays He is In: Digimon Universe: Ignition Factor

Type: Vaccine

Planned Evolution: Bearmon-Grizzmon-Grapleomon-SabreLeomon

Attacks: Bearmon-Bear fist, Bear roll; Grizzmon-Crescent Dawn, Volcanic Claw, Saintbeast Slash; Grapleomon-Cyclonic Kick, King of Fist, Lancing Blaze, Volcanic Strike; SabreLeomon-Twin Fang, Howling Crusher, Rending Plasma

Defining attributes: Stride has a very chipper attitude, but he can be quick to anger, especially in defense of his friend and tamer Xilthanas. Instead of the normal baseball cap most of his species has, he has a black bandana with silver flames on his head, and his gloves and straps were made from black leather with silver studs. He also had a pair of combat boots, though the toes were sheared off so his claws were exposed.

Background History: Like his tamer Xilthanas, Stride had wandered the digital world in search of an old nemesis, but instead found another friend to aid him in his quest. Their travels brought them back to the ruins of Ganymede, the city having been destroyed by Tanaquil a few years after he and Xilthanas had left. He found out during their long quest that the monster Xilthanas sought, and the one that had taken Stride's former tamer from him, were in fact one and the same. This only further cemented their bond as Tamer and Partner, and inspired Stride to dedicate himself to growing even stronger. To protect his new Tamer, his friends, and the whole of the digital world!

Character: Starfall

Digimon: Pagangemon (champion form, Original Alternate Angemon path)

Rolplays He Is In: Digimon Universe: Ignition Factor

Type: Data/Vaccine (Yes he is a hybrid. Will be explained in a moment.)

Planned Evolution: Elvamon-Pagangemon-Oberomon-SacredSylvamon

Description/History: Starfall is around 7', eight black feathered wings, midnight blue body suit, silver pentacles in place of the studs a normal angemon would have, black loincloth. His face is fully visible since he doesn't possess the normal helm that both Angemon and Angewomon wear, looking like something out of a bards song, with his flowing black hair, silver eyes, and sharply angled features. Starfall is what is considered a rebirthed digimon, one who had been digitized and then reassembled, though he was also reconfigured into an alternate form.
Originally he was an Angemon, but due to a fatal encounter with Tanaquil, he 'died' and his data was scattered. Ophanimon found him because she had been flying along nearby a few days after it happened, his data screaming in grief to her ears. So she used her divine digimon abilities and reassembled him into what he is today.

Attacks: Elvamon-Leaf blade, Star Beam; Pagangemon-Hand of the Stars, Luminous Volley, Ether Blade, Flare Slash, Gate of Destruction; Oberomon-Blade of Stars, Burning Sun, Lightning Wave, Astral Lance; SacredSylvamon-Photon Star, Inferno Crash, Light of Truth, Eternal Sylvan Destroyer

Transcendic Digivolution: Pendragonmon (Combined form of Xilthanas, Starfall and Stride, Divine level digimon) Clad in shimmering mithril full plate, ten black feathered wings fanning from his back, silver hair reaching to just above his ankles, his head bare, finely boned features, black eyes that contain starscapes, holding a blade 18' long, two feet shy of his total height of 20'.

Attacks: Phoenix Gate Transcendence, Catalytic Cannon, Aurora Blade, Saintbeast Slash, Gate of Destruction, Silver Star Storm, 7 Virtues Slash 

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0