Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

RPG Feedback Thread

32 posts in this topic

FEEDBACK TIME

Copy pasting the same questions from earlier. 

• What was your favourite part of the RPG?
  • What was your least favourite part of the RPG?
  • What changes would you make to the way the game is played?

Also; what did you think of the changes we implemented to the way the RP is played?

The Encounters were fun. I enjoyed that we could take alternate routes. It's nice that we managed to bluff our way straight to the boss fight at one point. 

Least favourite part...mmm probably the guild stuff. I guess I don't really see the appeal.

I'm not really sure what changes I'd make. I think assuming everyone stays commited and active it's pretty fun overall!

This comment is written of my own free will and there is no not-to-be-named person behind me with a gun to my head.

The parts where Sean was involved.

• What was your least favourite part of the RPG?

The parts where Sean wasn't involved or had little involvement.

More Sean!

Seriously though, I like that we are now together as a guild, makes the group a bit more dynamic, and I like the idea of a guildhouse though the prices are a bit high at the moment. (Then again, we can't really use our money for anything else since a magic item is like 550 GP).

I also liked the skill check challenges, they are rather short but fun and mix things up a bit. Would be nice though if there wasn't any risk of losing all your money! D:

I'm still in doubt about the combat system. The way it's done now is easier to organize, you don't have to wait (long) for a single person and people can act whenever they are online, yet the mixed turns with Init gave an extra layer of tactics to the fights. So it's either fun and simpler to organize or fun and tactical.

Also, I had the idea that fights were a little too short and not really challenging, maybe a fight with less stages (like the goblin thing had 4 or 5 rooms, the castle had 2), but more and harder enemies would be fun. That way we are also more inclined to use our daily skills.

Besides that, I'm having a fun time, and I'm ready for the next round :D

Maybe we could even get a team C :O

The episode was fun! Combat seemed balanced since the one with Alex and Johnny both brought us to Bloodied at some point (although seeing DG's comments makes me think it might be cuz our Defender isn't a sticky one and we're all kinda squishy) . Cheating at Poker in-game was awesome too. =D

Definitely appreciate the maps on roll20 that Sierrazilla took the time to search for! 

Least favorite part was probably how it was all humans, but I figured that since the previous episode was about Goblins that's not too bad. Plot is pretty straightforward, but I guess everyone just wants to get to smashing stuff~

Favourite

Well I really like all the tactics and powers we have, and how we can work as a team to bring everything together.

Least Favourite

I felt the plot was a bit lacking. Everything was a little too straightforward and the enemies all seemed like different versions of Seanzi. Maybe we could have a female antagonist next time.

Changes To Make

I like plots. Plots are fun, and NPCs that get involved with us. And of course to ensure that every player is involved or at least substantially committed.

Changes That Were Made

Well it was nice that I didn't need to stay up late for Skype sessions. I really appreciate that.

Combat seemed balanced since the one with Alex and Johnny both brought us to Bloodied at some point (although seeing DG's comments makes me think it might be cuz our Defender isn't a sticky one and we're all kinda squishy) .

I think actually the turn order thing made a big difference there too. Since all the enemies had their turn together, they'd basically nuke us all at once rather than chip away over the course of a turn. Like, if you get hit before your turn by one guy, you can decide to retreat and/or heal up on your turn before any others hit you. But if you have your turn, then four guys hit and bloody you, it's suddenly urgent.

So I guess my suggestion is I'd rather have the default initiative system back. It kinda feels like we're not playing properly when we cut out initiative, since it's a pretty major part of things.

​I liked both the battles and the skill challenges. I felt there were a good mix of both, and provided more use to the skills than the previous episode.

• What was your least favourite part of the RPG?​

​The storyline was a little straightforward: bandits do evil stuff, kill all of them, end quest. Perhaps there could be more of a mystery. Also, the fights were quite standard too, being held in just a giant empty room. Perhaps there could be more terrain obstacles, like rivers or trees to take cover behind, so that more strategies could be used instead of simply "zap enemy till dead".

​I'd focus more on the plot. We are a writing forum after all, so most of us tend to look to that aspect instead of the battling part. As mentioned above, I'd also change the terrain of the battles, and perhaps include more events happening (like having friendly NPCs appear to help us in a seemingly impossible battle).

• What did you think of the changes we implemented to the way the RP is played?

​The change to the initiative system has both its good points and bad points. At the moment I can't think of anything better but I wouldn't mind keeping it this way, even though having all the enemies move consecutively might pose a risk to players. Perhaps this can encourage us to be more careful with our positioning, so that we won't get caught where the entire enemy team can hit us. That should be the way things go, anyway.