Seanzilla

(A) Episode Two: One Ring To Rule Nothing At All

194 posts in this topic

Amroth nodded at Iris, he didn't need any health but it was good to know that he would be able to heal by hitting the guy. He moved up next to her and aimed at the bloodied bastard in between Quarius and Cha'ac. First he marked the guard and he shot, his aim was good but the arrow only nearly hit the guy, leave a very tiny scratch on his arm. 2 damage from the shot and some more damage from being marked. Amroth sighed and nocked another arrow. "Let me do that again!" He shouted as he took aim again, his arms straining underneath the weight of the string of his new great bow. Just as he was about to loose his arrow he suddenly sneezed. It took him a moment to realize what had happened with his arrow. A part of him lay roughly two meters away from him on a rock, the rock showing signs of being nicked. "Uh... sorry guys, new bow, still getting used to it. Next turn I'll definitely kill something though."

 

Twin strike:

Arrow 1:

Roll(1d20)+9:
13,+9

Total:22

 

Damage:

Roll(1d12)+1:
1,+1
Total:2

Roll(1d6)+0:
5,+0
Total:5

 

Arrow 2:

Roll(1d20)+9:
1,+9
Total:10


 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three humans came running out of the various buildings. One identified as a Human Lackey ran out of the storage shed and ran towards Cha'ac to close him in. He swung with his club, aiming at the Warden's head, but missed. 

From the house in the back two humans called Knifethrowers stormed out, throwing knives in hand, and set up for battle. Both picked a target, the closest ones to their position, and proceeded to throw their knives, but missed.

 

[Rolls were 17 / 17 / 11]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nam wasted no time. With Cha'ac positioning himself where he was, the enemy was flanked. Her glance moved to the Human Lackey who had just showed up. "Eww! Is that guy picking his nose!?" She gasped. The Guard in front of her turned his head to see what was happening. In that moment Nam stuck her blade into his exposed throat, causing the guard to gurgle and bleed out, falling to the floor dead. "I can't believe that worked, these guys are dumb..." She sighed, "Still it's getting a little crowded, I think I'll back off for now."

 

Nam deftly flipped over the wall again and stayed put, waiting for her change to strike again. 

 

 

 

[Execute: Sly Flourish

 

Attack Roll: rolling 1d20 + 11 > (10)+11= 21

 

Damage Roll: rolling 1d4 + 9 > (1)+9= 10

 

Sneak Attack Roll: rolling 2d8 > (2+1) = 3

 

Total Damage: 13

 

HG confirmed dead by Seanzilla

 

Acrobatics Check: rolling 1d20 + 11 (19)+11 = 30]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cha'ac smirked as the bandits crowded around him. "That's right, over here, you wretches!" he yelled out for good measure, banging his shield. This was his job, after all, taking all the attention so that people like Nam could slip and take the kill. Nodding to the rogue once she's out of the dangerzone, Cha'ac winds up for another lightning-and-thunder combo that batters the thugs crowded around him.

 

Mark HG/HL.

Tempest Assault vs HG.
Roll(1d20)+9:
14,+9
Total:23

 

Roll(1d10)+5:
3,+5
Total:8

 

HL takes 3 damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Things were going very smoothly for the team, who were working together like a well-oiled machine. Their previous battles against the goblins in the mines had helped them coordinate their efforts, and each of them knew what they had to do.

Quarius was quite happy when the enemies emerged; if the guard had been the only remaining enemy, his Destructive Wizardry would have gone to waste. The tip of his wand crackled with lightning, and he shot the bolt of magic straight at the two knife-throwers who had emerged from the house, striking both of them straight in the chest.

Attacking knife-throwers:

Roll(1d20)+6:

16,+6

Total:22

Roll(1d20)+6:

16,+6

Total:22

Roll(1d6)+8:

6,+8

Total:14

Roll(1d6)+8:

5,+8

Total:13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
The bloodied Guard got anxious when he noticed two of his comrades were down and the other two were just as badly hurt as he was. He quickly swung with his halberd and struck Cha'ac clean in the chest.

[Roll(1d20)+10: 17,+10 Total:27 and Roll(1d10)+3: 8,+3 Total:11

11damage on Cha'ac]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Squeezing herself between the door frame and Cha'ac's immensely huge body, Iris peeked at the bloodied guard before doing a small snapping action with her fingers, as if she was flicking a booger towards the unfortunate NPC. An all-too-familiar beam blasted down on top of him, filling the area with a wash of light for a short moment. A small notification popped up on her warforged comrade almost immediately after, confirming a +3 increase in his THP.

 

"Peace, peace!" She whispered to no one in particular.

 

 

Character IRIS THE IDIOT
Campaign test
Description Sacred Flame vs Reflex
Results 1d20+9: 16 [1d20=7]
1d6+6: 11 [1d6=5]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Time to take this new toy of mine for a swing!" Amroth shouted and run towards and over the fence (Acrobatics check: 29), past the big robot dude and smiled at the knife throwers. He marked the one nearest to him with his Hunter's quarry, then shot two arrows at it. The first missed hugely, flying off miles into the woods. He hoped there was no PC standing anywhere there. The last thing he wanted to do was kill anyone accidentally. He sighed and took better aim and and released his arrow. The thing moved in a straight line at gigantic speeds and hit the guy in the middle of his throat, dealing massive damage. The red word 'critical' flashed above the knife thrower's head.

 

The knife thrower was dead so quickly it didn't even have a death animation, just disappearing in a pixelated cloud. The number 21 flashing above it's head.

 

First shot:

Roll(1d20)+10:
1,+10
Total:11

 

Second shot:
Roll(1d20)+10:
20,+10
Total:30

 

Crit damage + damage modifiers = 14

 

Hunter's quarry:

Roll(1d6)+0:
5,+0
Total:5

 

Extra bow damage:

Roll(1d12)+0:
2,+0
Total:2

 

14 + 5 + 2 = 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last remaining bandit did what he could to avenge his fallen allies, but his throwing knife missed Amroth by a mile.

Recognizing that further resistance was futile he immediately dropped his weapons, dropped to his knees and begged for mercy.

 

[Everyone receives 125 XP. You find 170GP on the bodies on the fallen bandits.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth sighed relieved when the knife missed him and the bandit fell down on his knees. He placed a finger on his lips, telling his party to be quiet, he expected an ambush any time now. As one of his team members went up to the bandit Amroth checked the house, to only see an old man tied to a chair. He went to the front door and snuck in, however being plain in sight meant the man saw him immediately. Amroth had hoped the man was sane enough to keep his mouth shut, but sadly the man shouted.

 

"What the hell are you doing? Hurry up and untie me"

Amroth sighed and waited for a second, if there were any bad guys around, they would have heard that and come running. He was in no mood for being shouted at by someone he just saved.

- "Temper, temper, what happened here?" He responded, moving to untie the man.

"...Are you really that dense? Didn't I hear fighting outside? What do you think happened?" The man responded angry.

- "You know, I could just leave you tied here if you are going to be like that" Amroth said as an idle threat, no way he would do that. He released the man fully.

"Well go ahead, HERO. Go ahead and leave the farmer who almost got robbed and murdered tied to a chair, HERO. How very HEROic of you."

- "Are there any other people who live with you here?"

"Yes, my daughter. Where the hell is she!?"

 

Amroth was getting annoyed by the man, his idle threat earlier didn't seem so idle anymore and he had a hard time keeping his cool. He took a breath and responded.

-"I haven't seen her yet, I think she might be in the shed. I'll go check on her, you stay here in case there are any more bad guys around"

"Sure, bossman sir. Would you like me to tend to your horses as well? Or massage your feet? Hey, if you have time to spare I could even cook you a meal!"

Amroth sighed, he couldn't believe this man. He made a final sarcastic remark as he moved to the door.

- "Yes a meal would be appreciated, thank you. Sadly we have no horses yet, but if you know where we could acquire some it'd be great."

"Buzz off." The man shouted as Amroth left the house, moving towards the shed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cha'ac couldn't help but roll his eyes as he  saw the archer stomp out of the house. Honestly, you'd think the man had no sense of conversation at all! Still, they had to find out something about these bandits, at least... Sighing, the warden took it upon himself to do so, while the others searched for the man's daughter.

 

"Excuse me, sir?" Cha'ac said carefully as he walked into the house.
 "What?!"
He decided to ignore the man's grumpy attitude. No need to be as hostile as Amroth. "Apologies for the ranger's behaviour, sir. He's...well. A little simple. Are you alright? We have a cleric with us, if you need healing."
"Ha! As if a bunch of pansies could ever hurt me!"
"Of course, sir. Do you know who these men were? Are they part of a known gang around this area, or...?" Spying the bruises on the man, the warforged decided it might be a good idea to notify Iris. It might look worse than it was, but either way, it wouldn't hurt to show a little kindness while fishing for information.
"Never seen them before. I heard some idiots talk about bandits who took residence nearby. Said we'd best leave our farms. I'm no coward though! I'm never leaving!"
 "Right you are, sir. If you could tell us anything else you might know, or perhaps about someone who does, we'll be able to take care of the problem for you."
"Don't know much. Last I heard about these bandits was a month ago. Took the fools long enough to find me!"
 "Well, it's not much, but it's a start. Have the other farmers in the area stayed as well? Perhaps we should make a start there, to make sure everybody is secure, before we root out the thugs proper." And, of course, to get some extra XP. Hey, this was still a game, after all. Better to get as much as they can before they run into real trouble.
"They fled with their tails between their legs! Bunch of wimps, if you ask me." Bummer.
"I suppose that makes our job easier. Thank you for your information, sir. We'll get rid of these bandits as soon as possible." Excusing himself from the house again, Cha'ac joined up with the rest of the group and notified Iris that the farmer needed some of her healing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After wiping the farmer's bruises away with a bit of her healing magic, Iris stepped out to reassess the situation. One roughed up farmer, one missing daughter, and one... grovelling bandit? Why was he still there? The cleric walked up to the remaining NPC. Judging by his defeated aura, it should be safe to attempt making conversation with him. 

 

"You can't despawn or something?"

 

"Uh. No." His eyes shifted around uncomfortably. "I have to wait till all the players walk off my line of sight, so..."

 

"Well then."

 

Satisfied, Iris plucked out her weapon and swung it around for show before slamming it down on the ground beside him.

 

"INTERROGATION TIME!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

[initiative order: I won't be working with Initiative orders for Skill Challenges from now on. Simply take your turn whenever you want, but you'll have to wait until everyone has taken a turn before you can take your next.
Goal: Extract all the information from the bandit! Reach 6 successes before 2 failures.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"So... Why?" The cleric mused, peering down at him inquisitively. " 'For fun' doesn't count as an answer, if you're planning on making excuses."

 

Diplomacy

Roll(1d20)+8:
13,+8
Total:21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth looked around at the groveling man and thought about the men they had just defeated. His perception showed him that they all wore similar clothes and badges, though none seemed to different from the others. He walked over to Iris. "These guys weren't working alone, none of them seemed to be a leader or bossman, so I think they are part of a bigger gang."

 

Perception:

Roll(1d20)+11:
10,+11
Total:21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nam was growing impatient. The answer this guy had given Iris wasn't good enough. Also Amroth was right on the money, this guy wasn't in charge. However, Nam had a feeling this little coward could lead them straight to whoever was. She strode towards the bandit and squatted down in front of him so their eyes were level with one another. Her pale, blank eyes were impossible to read. It was as if they were staring into his very soul. She stared at him for a moment, as if considering what she was about to say. Then she leaned forward and whispered darkly into his ear. 

 

"This is not time for games little man." She warned. "Do you even know who we are? That spritely little cleric over there, do you recognize her? I should think not. Ever heard of the The Scarlet Order? Hm, no, a grunt like you doesn't have a clue." Nam sneered, trying to look as menacing as possible. "My Cleric companion is the leader of the most elite and secret order of bandits in the land. Your boss has pissed her off. She might look sweet and cuddly now...but you do not want to see what lurks underneath. For your own health I suggest you tell us all you know. You don't want to get a bad reputation with The Scarlet Order now, do you?"

 

[bluff Check: rolling 1d20 + 11 (12)+11 = 23]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarius quickly picked up on what Nam was attempting to do, and walked up to the bandit after her. He stopped right in front of him, drawing out the Crystalline Blade (Longsword) that he had bought at the start of the game from his inventory as he swung it at the bandit's neck, stopping just an inch short of drawing blood. "This is boring," he complained to Nam in a drawl, using Prestidigitation to make his own voice sound more sinister. "Can I just kill him already? It's not like he's going to spill anything useful."

 

On cue, he used Prestidigitation again to create the illusion of tiny snakes that began to emerge from the sword's length, slithering towards the bandit's cheek slowly but surely. He personally would have gone for flames instead, but the lack of heat would have cued the bandit of the illusion. Nevertheless, it seems like the gambit was successful, and the bandit eyed the ever-approaching snakes with a fearful look in his eye.

 

 

[Use Arcane Mutterings to roll Arcana for an Intimidation check.]

 

Intimidation:

Roll(1d20)+13:
4,+13
Total:17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cha'ac had taken the hint and joined in with Nam's bluff, helping it sound more convincing. Nam turned to Quarius and held out her hand. 

 

"Spare his throat a moment longer, friend." Nam continued with her act. "This poor bugger just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. He's too far down the food chain for any of his master's transgressions to be his fault. He's starting to get the picture now, I'm sure. He'll be ready to tell us everything he knows." Nam turned back to the bandit. "Won't you? You don't want a blade in the neck after all. I'm not sure I can hold my bloodthirsty friend at bay much longer."

 

[Rolling Aid Another for Cha'ac to aid Nam's Bluff check]

 

rolling 1d20 (13) = 13

 

[Rolling for Bluff Check]

 

rolling 1d20 + 13 (10) +13 = 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth got annoyed at the bandit, he wasn't saying much of anything and didn't help much. "You know what guy, we know where their bandit camp is, we have defeated these guys quite easily. If he doesn't want to talk, let's kill him and go." He took a second before continueing. "You know, better yet, let's use him as target practise. I'm not quite used to this bow yet, so place him against that tree over there." The eyes of the bandit opened wide as he was placed against the tree. Amroth directed himself towards the bandit. "You know, it's only fair, I mean before you caved in you threw a knife at me, so I guess I am allowed a free shot right?" Amroth said as he aimed the bow, the bandit's knees were shaking as Amroth drew back the arrow. In full concentration Amroth loosed the arrow and with a loud thud it stuck to the tree a few centimeters away from the bandit's right ear.

 

The bandit fell down to it's knees, wide eyes and his face drained of all blood. "I think he's ready to talk now." Amroth said smiling. "How many of your friends are there and what are they like? Tell us everything we want to know."

 

Acrobatics check of Quarius (aid for Amroth): (DC 10)

Roll(1d20)+9:
2,+9
Total:11

 

Acrobatics, +2 aid by Quarius: (DC 15)

Roll(1d20)+12:
11,+12
Total:23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Unit information is okay." Nam said with a nod. "But what about loot? You guys have been raiding for a while now. What loot have you got? And who's guarding it?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarius dismissed his weapon with a few button presses on his HUD, making it vanish into his inventory in a bright flash. "I've got a whole bunch of questions for you, bub. Take your time to answer them one by one; we want the truth, or else we'll just go back to the torturing and the killing again. Capiche?"

 

"First, I want you to draw me a rough layout of your base. I want alternate entrances, secret escape routes, any and every exit that you can access from that place. I also want to know how many of your friends are inside and where they are positioned. Finally, I also want to know where the treasure you guys stole are stored - especially any magic items which you or your friends have obtained."

 

"Secondly, I want to know if your bandit friends have taken anyone prisoner or hostage inside your base. I want their names and location inside the base."

 

"Lastly, I want to know what kind of person your boss is, and how strong a fighter is he."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“There are 8 more left, but they’re a lot stronger than we were so if you wanna go against them you’re going to get screwed… We managed to get a few magic items when we killed other groups of adventurers dumb enough to fight us and we have some gold. I don’t know what the items are though, every time I ask they tell me that losers like me have no right to know.

I don’t know about any secret entrances either, I am just a lackey to them. The only entrance I know of is through the bridge. I am a terribly artist, so this is all I can do for you.

Our boss is a man called Johnny Lee. He is really smart and incredibly strong, but also really insane. He has this delusion that he is the greatest person in the world.â€

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Excellent." Nam said sarcastically. "You truly are the least useful person. Shouldn't be too hard to imitate."

Nam's white skin began to take colour, progressively becoming a yellows flesh tone, greasy and stumbled like the bandit captive. Then her hair changed, her eyes, even her stature as she perfectly mimicked the appearance of the bandit. She looked down at herself with a disgusted expression. " I feel dirty..." She said, before adding, "no I literally feel dirty...it's like I haven't washed in days."

Then with a swift flick of her wrist Nam's dagger shot through the Bandit's head, right between the eyes. Without so much as a second glance she pulled it out from the dead man's skull and cleaned it off. "Alright so obviously this wasn't a fashion conscious decision to look like this, so when we get to their base let's move carefully. Perhaps we can make more use out of the dead guy when we get there. Or his face at least."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well, no point hanging around here any longer, I guess. Let's go get ourselves some magic items."

 

[Vote to proceed.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 8 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online