Seanzilla

(A) Episode Two: One Ring To Rule Nothing At All

194 posts in this topic

"Indeed." Iris agreed, only to stop short and whirl around in puzzlement. "What about the girl, though... have you checked the shed yet, Amroth?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth sighed, he kinda expected someone else to check the shed. But since no bandit had attacked them mid-interrogation he assumed there wasn't one. He opened the shed and saw nothing. He looked to the group. "She isn't here."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Well then!" She said for the second time, nodding her head in appreciation. The cleric tugged the little piece of paper containing the bridge entrance's location out of the now dead bandit's hand, stuffing it deep into her chest piece in an attempt to stop it from despawning. "Let's go kick Johnny's butt. Can't have NPCs waste our magical items; we'd put them to better use..."

 

[Vote to proceed.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The group followed the map to the Silver Keep, but quickly found that they were facing some kind of cliff. Far below the cliff there was a forest, but there was no sight of any keep down there. Of course it didn’t take more than a second for them to notice that far to the east of the forest a large pillar rose to equal the height of the cliff they stood on.

On top of this pillar of earth were several buildings and even a large bridge connecting the pillar to the land they stood on. Another peek at their world map showed that that was the Silver Keep they were looking for.

The group approached the bridge and quickly noticed the two guards standing on the other side of the bridge. With no other options left they decided to cross it. All of a sudden one of the guards called out. “Halt! Who goes there?â€

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nam stepped forward, holding her hands up. It was time for her greatest acting performance yet. 

 

"It's just me, lads." She said, her voice that of the cowardly bandit. "The Farm was attacked by some wannabe do-gooders! They killed the rest of the men! I was almost a goner too, if it weren't for these guys. They took out the attackers and managed to save my life. They want to join our fold. I said I'd take them here to see what Boss Man Lee has to say about it."

 

Nam waited quietly. Were these idiots really going to buy that?

 

[bluff check: rolling 1d20 + 11 (4) +11 = 15]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The guards looked at each other, both of them confused what to do. "Alex, there's some blokes interested in joining."

A man wearing a robe walked towards the bridge. "Why'd we wanna at these boys to our group, eh?"

[skill challenge: Convince the bandits you want to join their group. 6 successes before 2 failures, Kyo had the first success.
Initiative: Everyone takes a turn, whenever they want, to engage the bandits in the discussion. After each player the bandit takes a turn.

Bandit does not take a turn after Aid Another's.]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth had to hold back a smile, they needed some convincing but this might just work. He checked around, trying to find anything to give them an advantage in this discussion. Although he had a perfect view of the situation, nothing there helped him to convince them. He did notice there were five guys in total, two guards, two beserkers and one in the far back who seemed to be very well attuned to magic. "Their boss isn't here, these are all henchmen." Amroth wispered to the group, making sure the bandits didn't see him. That meant that their boss was guarded by two other guys, since the bandit back at the farm said there were 8 guys left.

 

Perception check:

Roll(1d20)+11:

20,+11

Total:31

 

(didn't count as a success though)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"O great ones," Iris chimed in, making sure to display her most submissive looking expression yet. "We've grown tired of grinding Lv 1 goblins and getting our butts handed to us by NPCs factions such as yours..."

 

Bluff

Homg i got a perfect roll

http://orokos.com/roll/164171

 

Roller noia Character IRIS THE IDIOT Campaign   Description Bluff Results 1d20+323 [1d20=20]

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Humph. Why wouldn't you want to have us in your group?" Quarius scoffed, using Prestidigitation to conjure up the image of three rotating fireballs above his empty palm. "We're only a bunch of very powerful and accomplished adventurers, after all."

 

 

Use Arcane Mutterings to roll Arcana for a Diplomacy check:

1d20+13: 20 [1d20=7]

http://orokos.com/roll/164249

 

(Not sure what you meant by the bandits take a turn after each player... I can delete this post and repost it later if the bandits want to do something after Noia.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You're all called the Goblin Punter and you're trying to trick a Mage with Prestidigitation, eh? I doubt you're as accomplished as you say, you think I'm dumb, is that it?"

 

[3 Successes.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Of course they don't think you're dumb!" Nam protested, trying her best to sound like snivelling twit. "I'm sure they were just trying to impress you. You have to understand that the rest of our team at the Farm have been killed. Yet these guys managed to best every last one of them! At the very least by bringing them in to our gang we will have a tougher lot than the bunch that died. This archer, for instance." Nam turned to Amroth. "Tell you what. I'll demonstrate on this one. I'll try to cut him down, but you'll see, he's got moves that are too fast for me!"

 

Nam drew her dagger and approached Amroth, giving him a look before whispering under her breath, "Play along, and don't screw this up!"

 

[Cha'ac Aid Another Roll for Bluff (Roy said it was okay): rolling 1d20 (4) = 4 (FAIL)

 

Nam Bluff Check: rolling 1d20 + 11 (5) +11 = 16 (SUCCESS)]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth frowned at the sudden threat of Nam with a dagger. He grumbled underneath his breath, this wasn't in the script! Before he could respond she leapt at him, instinctively he dodged aside, took hold of her hand and twisted it so the dagger left her hand. He pulled her along by her twisted hand past him and hit her in the head with the top of his bow, making sure to hold back the hit at the last moment to make the hit look harder than it actually was. "You do that again and I'll make sure to crack your skull." He grumbled loudly, he figured that be something a bad guy would say. He wondered if they were nearly convinced yet.

 

Acro check:

Roll(1d20)+10:
17,+10
Total:27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"FIne, but you'll have to ask the boss man's permission first."

The group gets sent into the keep, into a lavishly decorated throne room. In it they see three men, clad in chainmail. Two of them standing guard and one of them sitting on the throne with an extremely bored expression. The adventurers enter, but are told to remain still at the entrance. "So," the man identified as Johnny Lee spoke, "who the hell are you?"

[175 XP for completion of previous skill challenge.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Hey Boss." Nam said, trying to maintain a tone of slight fear and reverence. "I just got back from the Farm. Some bozos attacked us, the others are dead. These guys took out the offenders though. Saved my life, so they did. They wanted to join your crew so I brought them here. Alex gave them a look over and sent us your way." Nam explained, trying to sound casual. "Here's the thing. Me and the guys we took care of the old man, but I was certain there was a little girl there. We looked high and low, but she was nowhere to be found. I'm a little worried about that, since she'll know my face. You wouldn't happen to know anything about that, would you?"

 

[bluff Check: rolling 1d20 + 11(15)+11 = 26]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"...I don't remember telling you to talk that much. How the hell should I know about some stupid farmer's daughter, are you an idiot? Tell me, what was your name again?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"My name?" Nam asked, scratching the back of her head. She glanced behind her and shrugged at her comrades. Looks like she'd been rumbled. Ah well, they'd had a good run! "My name...is Nam The Blagger!" She cried as her changeling disguise deactivated, revealing her true form. She readied her daggers and gave the rest of the party a nod. "Those blockheads at the front gate might want a crash course in security training. Shame you're not quite as stupid as your subordinates. Don't suppose you want to do me a favour and just let me kill you now? It will save us a lot of time!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"You are funny. I think I'll keep you as my pet."

[Combat will be done differently this time, as an experiment. I took the average Initiatives of both groups (Adventurers had 16, Bandits had 13).
All Adventurers act first and then all Bandits will act. As always you are free to position yourself within the black square prior to taking your first turn.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nam made a break for it to the right, darting up the entranceway and ducking behind one of the pillars. When the guard on the other side comes round the corner, he'd likely be able to see her. However, hopefully, from this position her target, the guard on the right of the room, couldn't see where she was. Hopefully he'd make his way over here without her sustaining an arrow to the knee. 

 

[stealth Check: 1d20+11: 17 [1d20=6] http://orokos.com/roll/164269 ]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"And you may call me... Death!" Amroth shouted as he ran up to the group. He aimed at the guard nearest to him and marked it. As he loosed his arrow he hit it straight in the throat. His eyes opened wide as the damage was calculated, a total of 31, the guard immediately fell down on it's knees and exploded in a cloud of pixels. "Well that was... unexpected..." He said to himself before shooting his second arrow at the other guard. He only managed to hit it slightly doing a total of 7 damage. "Well, I left something for you guys to enjoy." He said grinning, elated at his critical strike.

 

Attack roll 1:

Roll(1d20)+10:
20,+10
Total:30

 

(Crit: damage = 14 from weapon + 6 from hunter's quarry)

 

Extra damage from vicious weapon:
Roll(1d12)+0:
11,+0
Total:11

Attack roll 2:

Roll(1d20)+9:
12,+9
Total:21

 

Damage:

Roll(1d12)+2:
5,+2
Total:7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the whole charade went better than Quarius had expected it to. They were able to fight the boss bandit from the get-go, when they were still in tip-top fighting condition. After Johnny Lee (which was a great name) was defeated, they'd probably have an easier time clearing out the rest of Silver Keep. The Wizard quickly strode his maximum Speed across the great hallway, moving closer to Johnny so he could potentially reach him with his Ray of Enfeeblement in the next turn. But for now, it was just time for some Arc Lightning.

 

 

 

Arc Lightning (VS Reflex):

 

1st target: Johnny Lee

1d20+6: 21 [1d20=15]
1d6+8: 14 [1d6=6]
 
2nd target: Injured HG
1d20+6: 14 [1d20=8]
1d6+8: 12 [1d6=4]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iris merely tottered up as close to her three other adventurers as her stats would allow her when her GUI finally dinged her onwards, sandwiching herself between two of her teammates. Straining to catch a glimpse of her target at her left side, she lobbed her magical lance over to him, only to probably miss the NPC.

 

She did, however, redeem her flop by activating her Blessing powers though. With a simple hand gesture, a soft glow enveloped all her teammates, eventually dissipating into their bodies. Any little buff would help; this Johnny guy certainly didn't look like a pushover.

 

 

 

(Bless's apparently a minor action so ... there's no need to roll? I'm not sure.

Each target gets a +1roll to attack rolls until the end of the encounter

 

Lance

1d20+912 [1d20=3]
1d8+69 [1d8=3]

 

Also I took the chance to position iris up to the edge of the bounding box before making her move)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cha'ac simply moves up past everyone else. Sure, the big boss is a big target, but he can't reach him from here without charging recklessly ahead. If he went that far, he'd be out of position. So instead, he bangs on his shield. "Come and get it, big fellow!" Truth be told, relief was more in his mind than a sense of danger. Skills were not particularly his forte, especially not with social situations, so he'd just been standing around looking tough. But now that there was a fight, he could at least do what he did best - protect and serve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The adventurers managed to kill one of Johnny's guards with ease, while the other remained completely unscathed. He wanted to have his revenge on the Wizard who had the gall to actually strike him, but that runt would have to wait. Johnny closed the gap between him and the Warden before throwing one of his shuriken, but he missed.

"What are you waiting for!? Take him out!" He shouted and the remaining guard rushed forwards and successfully struck Cha'ac with his halberd.

 

[Rolled 17 with Johnny.
Rolled 28 for Attack and 9 for Damage with Guard.]

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nam moved from her her hiding spot and sprinted to the remaining guard, moving at him from the right to flank him between Cha'ac and herself. With a flurry of blade strikes she cut into the guard. 

 

Attack Roll:

1d20+11: 30 [1d20=19]

 

Sly Flourish:

1d4+9: 11 [1d4=2]
2d8: 10 [2d8=5, 5]
 
total: 21

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(On my phone now so I can't check roll20. Is Johnny Lee the only enemy left? Also, Sanzi could you help me move my piece 6 steps away from Johnny?)

"Tsk," Quarius muttered, watching as Nam pretty much insta-killed the remaining Human Guard. Isolating the Boss would normally be a good strategy, but in his case, it only reduced his damage output since Destructive Wizardry couldn't activate anymore. He moved 6 squares backwards, away from the rapidly approaching Johnny Lee as he threw out two bolts of Arc Lightning at him.

Arc Lightning (first on JL, second on HG, against Reflex):
Roll(1d20)+7:
14,+7
Total:21

Roll(1d6)+9:
6,+9
Total:15

Roll(1d20)+7:
9,+7
Total:16

Roll(1d6)+9:
3,+9
Total:12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 4 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online