Seanzilla

(A) Episode Two: One Ring To Rule Nothing At All

194 posts in this topic

Iris cast Astral Seal on the Human guard again, indulging in the glow her skill is giving off. The seal's quickly turning into her new favourite move. "I must say," She commented. "The pink icon suits Johnny well; gives him a bit of a well needed boost of youth, yanno..."

 

 

 

Astral Seal

Roll(1d20)+11:
10,+11

Total:21. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth grinned at the boss and walked up to him, this fight wasn't too hard so he was getting rather confident. He marked him with his hunter's quarry and shot two arrows. The first hit him and the second flew through a window behind Johnny, dissappearing in the distant forrest. His one shot still did some decent damage though.

 

Attack rolls:
Roll(1d20)+10:
2,+10
Total:12

Roll(1d20)+10:
14,+10
Total:24

 

Damage roll:

Roll(1d6)+0:
4,+0
Total:4

Roll(1d12)+2:
9,+2
Total:11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cha'ac shifted his gaze between the Human Guard before him and Johnny Lee, who seemed like he was making a move towards Quarius. The Warforged's eyes gleamed as he prepared to move to intercept the Bandit Boss. He marked the Human Guard, shifted one square away from him, then proceeded to use Thorn Strike to pull the unfortunate soldier towards himself again. Unfortunately, the streaks of energy went wide, leaving the guard leering at him from his position.

 

Thorn Strike on HG:

Roll(1d20)+9:
8,+9
Total:17
 
Roll(1d10)+6:
4,+6
Total:10
 
Quarius quickly followed up on his teammate's actions, moving sideways towards the wall as he prepared to unleash another two bolts of Arc Lightning at his enemies. This battle was going smoothly; it wouldn't be long before they cleared up the remaining minions and began their search for the loot. He first shot a bolt at Johnny Lee, then his ugly comrade.
 
Arc Lightning (first against HG, then JL, against Reflex):
Roll(1d20)+7:
10,+7
Total:17
 
Roll(1d6)+9:
3,+9
Total:12
 
Roll(1d20)+7:
20,+7
Total:27
Crit!
 
Max damage: 1d6+9 = 15 + 1d6 (3) =  18

 

 

(Also I edited my last post with the addition of Destructive Wizardry and Magic Wand bonuses, so I think I dealt a total of 3 damage extra to JL last turn.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johnny walked in a wide arc to close in on Amroth without provoking any kind of opportunity attacks. When he had closed the gap he slashed with his dagger, but missed miserably.

 

[Rolled a 9]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nam moved closer to Amroth and then came at Johnny from the side with another flourish, striking the Boss with a fair blow. However the man was far from defeated. 

 

Sly Flourish

 

1d20+10: 28 [1d20=18]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth shifted back just a tiny bit to be out of reach of the boss' sword. He marked him and loosed two arrows. Both arrows struck home, but barely did any damage. A total of 10 damage with everything combined. He sighed. "I don't know what is wrong with this game, one shot is awesome, other times it's horrible." He shook his head. "Well, you guys finish him off."

 

Attack rolls:

Roll(1d20)+9:
14,+9
Total:23

Roll(1d20)+9:
10,+9
Total:19

 

Damage rolls:

Roll(1d12)+1:
2,+1
Total:3

Roll(1d12)+1:
1,+1
Total:2

Roll(1d6)+0:
5,+0
Total:5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iris  sided up to Cha'ac once again, activating her super hardcore awesome skill (Prophetic Guidance) with the stupidest, cheesiest grin she can muster. It's obvious she's quite pleased with that skill in particular; the young lady has been itching for an excuse to use it. Johnny lit up for a moment, signifying the success of her buff.

 

 

M0sF2pd.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the amazing bonus that Prophetic Guidance gave, this fight would probably end very quickly. Quarius quickly moved towards the other end of the room, positioning himself in a spot where he had a clear line of sight on Johnny Lee. There would be no need for any Encounter spells or Daily spells; good old Arc Lightning would do the trick. In addition to the bonus to attack that the combat advantage granted, using both bolts of Arc Lightning on Johnny Lee would cause the power bonus to damage rolls to be proc-ced twice for a total of 10 extra damage.

 

Sweet.

 

Arc Lightning against Johnny Lee (vs Reflex):

Roll(1d20)+9:
13,+9
Total:22
 
Roll(1d6)+12:
6,+12
Total:18
 
Roll(1d20)+9:
18,+9
Total:27
 
Roll(1d6)+12:
4,+12
Total:16
 
Following up on Quarius's attack, Cha'ac moved in to wedge Johnny Lee in between Nam and himself, leaving him nowhere to run. The Warforged's eyes seemed to glint in devilish glee as he brought his hammer up, giving the bandit leader a good whack with his Tempest Assault. As a side action, he also Marked Johnny, just in case.
 
Tempest Assault against Johnny (vs AC):
Roll(1d20)+9:
17,+9
Total:26
 
Roll(1d6)+11:
1,+11
Total:12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After being Bloodied Johnny decided that it was time to punish these fools who had dared attack him. He radiated an aura that struck fear into anyone who stood too close to him, which would be everyone other than Quarius. Iris was the only one who’s Will was high enough to resist the damage of the Bandit’s Fearsome Aura and as a result she was the only one in range who did not get stunned.

Johnny spent his action point to deal damage to the stunned fools. He threw several knives in the direction of Amroth, Cha’ac and Iris, but he was unable to hit Nam who was standing behind him or Quarius who was too far away. All three of them got hit by his Fan of Knives and took a substantial amount of damage.

 

Pleased with the damage he had dealt he moved down a few squares.

[Fearsome Aura rolls vs Will in order of Cha’ac, Iris, Nam and Amroth: 18, 10, 18, 24. Everyone is Stunned until the end of Johnny’s next turn and will take a -2 on Attack rolls until a save ends.
Rolls for Fan of Knives vs Reflex in order of Cha’ac, Iris and Amroth: 22, 21, 19. Rolled 18 damage.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Crap, this is bad," Quarius muttered, watching as Johnny Lee unleashed two skills in quick succession that incapacitated most of their team. The sudden counterattack when he had been bloodied reminded him of another death game show he'd watched, Blade Art Offline, where the boss usually kept secret moves till the end. He had a bad feeling about this, a very bad feeling. "Don't worry guys, I'll take him out ASAP!" But honestly, the best spell that he had for one-to-one combat was still Arc LightningBurning Hands was more for mass destruction, and Flame Orb was for area denial.

 

Arc Lightning on Johnny Lee (vs Reflex):

Roll(1d20)+7:
11,+7
Total:18
 
Roll(1d6)+7:
2,+7
Total:9
 
Roll(1d20)+7:
14,+7
Total:21
 
Roll(1d6)+7:
6,+7
Total:13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iris has never seen her team fall into such a precarious situation before. Looks like speeding up combat came at a hefty price. She scrolled through her list of skills once again, finally pausing at a suitable one.

 

"I- I GOT THIS, GAIS."

 

Upon activating it, strands of light started flowing out of her hands and into her fellow bloodied allies, as if creating a chain link between each of them. Johnny could only look on with mild annoyance as he stayed frozen in turn, watching his damage getting undone right under his nose. Each of her bloodied allies are now able to spend a healing surge to heal themselves, at the cost of her being weakened till the end of her next turn. "...Whatever that means..." She mumbled, unable to gleam any more information off her skill description.

 

 

Healer's Mercy

Iris healed 6hp

 

All bloodied allies can spend one too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Johnny wouldn’t hold out long, so in a last ditch effort he tried to take at least one of thes pesky adventurers with him! He using his Furious Strikes on Nam, all three of his strikes managed to connect, but sadly he was unable to kill the Changeling.

[Rolled 18, 22 and 24 vs AC. Rolled 12, 8 and 6 for Damage.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nam grit her teeth. This dumb asshole had managed to hit her pretty hard. She decided to dish up an attack in return, but it wasn't enough to take him out. Spending her action point, she attacked once more. Not waiting to find out if he was dead or not, she promptly skedaddled in the hope he'd pick on someone else. 

 

 


 

 

Rolled a Natural 20 for Save. 

 

Sly Flourish

1d20+11: 18 [1d20=7]
1d4+8: 9 [1d4=1]
 
Press The Advantage
1d20+11: 22 [1d20=11]
2d4+5: 10 [2d4=3, 2]

 

Spend Action Point

 

Sly Flourish 

1d20+11: 28 [1d20=17]
1d4+8: 10 [1d4=2]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Nam’s strikes Johnny fell on his knees as he blew his last breath. After quickly examining the room and the body they found a ring, most likely the one Padraig and Valthrun were searching for, a Magic Dagger+2 and a Darkleaf Leather Armor+1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarius heaved a huge sigh as Johnny Lee finally fell, signalling the end of the boss fight. It would have been disastrous if Nam had died to his Furious Strikes. The loot was quite substantial indeed, although there was only two items to divide within five party members. "I hope the bandit fortress has more loot stashed somewhere else..." He commented, using his Arcana to check the room for any hidden spells or magic items. "Anyway, what are we going to do with the Darkleaf Leather Armor? All of us use leather." As the Wizard said that, he eyed the piece of magic equipment with a greedy glint in his eye.

 

Arcana roll to check room:

Roll(1d20)+13:
14,+13
Total:27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"I'll take the dagger." Nam said, "You guys decide which of you gets the armor. I'm happy with a new blade"

(No exp sanzi?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarius' search reveals nothing magical in the room.

[i'll check when I get on PC, but I think you guys get 200xp]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nam used her changeling disguise ability to take the shape of Johnny Lee. With a swagger she flexed in front of her team mates. "What do you guys think? Should we try and blag the guys outside or do we just rush them and loot the bodies?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"May as well try using your Johnny Lee masquerade on the rest of the poor saps; maybe you can even get them to obediently hand over the keep's loot to us." The cleric suggested, siding with Nam's first idea. "I don't know if it'll decrease our exp gains, though. But I'm still for bluffing."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After killing Johnny and inspecting the room the group left the cathedral and were greeted by Alex the Mage. “Hey boss,†he said as he addressed Nam disguised as Johnny Lee. “These bozos joining us now?â€

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"For now..." Nam sneered, eyeing Alex suspiciously. "However I don't allow cowards in my ranks!" Nam barked, glaring at Alex. "The next time some straggler comes crawling back to us, his comrades dead, only alive because better men decided to spare his life...well...next time you slit that snivelling coward's throat, like I just did to the one who stood before me." Nam swaggered around the group, trying her best to look like she owned the place. "Now, on to more important things. Bring me the girl!" Nam demanded.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Uh..." Nam scratched her head. She had to think quickly. "You mean to tell me that you idiots actually lost her!?" he barked. "That coward said that a girl was missing at the farm. Here was me thinking that there was at least one competent person among you all! I guess not. Now there's some lost girl on the run! I can't count on you lot for anything!"

 

Nam lingered for a moment. It seemed that girl missing from the farm really wasn't here. Well at least they could clear the rest of this keep out before they headed back to the town. "I want a status report. Give me a full inventory report on the loot we have and where all our men are stationed around the keep!" Nam only waited a brief moment before following up by yelling, "Well!?"

 

Bluff Check

Roll(1d20)+11:
16,+11
Total:27

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"...This is everyone boss." Alex pointed at the two Berserker's sitting at the sides of the courtyard, doing nothing, and the two Guards standing on the bridge. "You okay, boss?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Never better!" Nam sighed, struggling to think of much else she could do. If there was any more loot to be found then it wasn't likely that the bandits knew where it was, or they weren't letting on at least. Nam turned back towards her comrades. 

 

"Do...do we just kill them for the XP or what?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 11 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online