Seanzilla

(A) Episode Two: One Ring To Rule Nothing At All

194 posts in this topic

Amroth grinned at Nam's struggling, and shrugged. "Well maybe we can get a surprise round, that'd be awesome." He threw the leather armour they found at her. "Don this, you're closer to the pointy ends, so I guess you should wear it." He slowly took an arrow from his quiver, a yawned. "Let's do this!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth slowly drew his arrow back and casually walked over to the building to the right of him. "Hey mage guy... catch!" He marked the mage and loosed his arrow, quickly shooting another one. Both struck home quite nicely, a he smirked at the surprised faces of the enemies, sadly they didn't get a surprise round as he once did when he went sneaking. "Could you all just please, die? It's quicker that way."

 

Attack rolls:

Roll(1d20)+10:
8,+10
Total:18

Roll(1d20)+10:
19,+10
Total:29

 

Damage rolls:

Roll(1d12)+2:
6,+2
Total:8

Roll(1d12)+2:
10,+2
Total:12

Roll(1d6)+0:
1,+0
Total:1

 

Total damage: 21
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Nam followed Amroth's lead and moved forward, following up on her comrade's attack. "Sorry Alex!" She said as she cut the mage down with her newly acquired magic dagger. As his body slumped on the floor Nam returned to her original form and lightly kicked Alex to make sure he was dead. "Hmm...I'm actually not sorry."

 

Sly Flourish

1d20+12: 27 [1d20=15]

1d4+10: 14 [1d4=4]

2d8+1: 13 [2d8=7, 5]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iris hurled her magical lance towards the NPC on her left before creeping back behind Cha'ac, trying her reduce her chances of getting damage dished back to her. "There's more shade back here anyway," she muttered, trying to justify her cowardly action. "Elves don't look good when they're tanned..."

 

 

 

 

Roller noia Character IRIS THE IDIOT Campaign   Description Lance of Faith vs Reflex Results 1d20+919 [1d20=10]
1d8+610 [1d8=4]

 

if it's a hit, +2power goes to quarius ~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarius scanned the battlefield, a plan already forming in his head. Using the power boost he got from Noia, he sent two bolts of Arc Lightning at the Human Guards who were standing in wait at the far end of the bridge. Just to make things short and sweet, he spent an Action point to bolt them again, making full use of Noia's bonus to his damage and his Destructive Wizardry feat.

 

 

 

Arc Lightning #1 against both HGs (left one first):

1d20+6: 17 [1d20=11]
1d6+10: 14 [1d6=4]
1d6+10: 14 [1d6=4]
 
Arc Lightning #2 against both HGs:
1d20+6: 21 [1d20=15]
1d6+10: 12 [1d6=2]
1d6+10: 13 [1d6=3]

 

 

 

In the meantime, Cha'ac stomped menacingly towards the Human Bandit on the right, rapidly closing the distance between them as he raised his warhammer and brought it down with a thunderous slam, watching as the NPC's eyes widened considerably at the attack. Unfortunately, he reacted fast enough, and managed to avoid the Tempest Assault before it managed to connect with him. As a free action, Cha'ac marked the Bandit as well. Just in case.

 

Tempest Assault against HB (vs AC):

Roll(1d20)+9:
4,+9
Total:13

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After the death of Alex the various remaining bandits decided to do whatever they could to avenge him. One of the Berserkers was held in place by Cha’ac while the other safely navigated around the house to reach Amroth. The Berserker fighting Amroth didn’t manage to hit the Ranger while the other successfully struck Cha’ac.

The two guards moved into the courtyard and approached Nam, who was the only target they could reach and attacked with their halberds. One of them missed while the other got a clean hit in.

[berserker vs Amroth rolls 11 and misses.
Left Guard vs Nam rolls 28 for attack and deals 10 damage.
Right Guard vs Name rolls 13 and misses.
Berserker vs Cha’ac rolls 20 for attack and deals 12 damage.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nam attacked the guard in front of her with a Sly Flourish, in a hope to take him out. However regardless of the outcome, the other guard was still close, to move would provide him opportunity to strike. Well, at least for any ordinary person. Nam leapt backwards, using tumble to back up towards Iris. 

"I'm a little bit bloodied right now" She said to Iris, "Any chance of a heal?"

 

Sly Flourish

1d20+13: 18 [1d20=5]
1d4+10: 13 [1d4=3]
 
Use Tumble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as the Guards were rapidly approaching their location, Quarius threw a bolt of Arc Lightning at one of them, sending the other strike towards the Bandit that was attacking Amroth.

 

Arc Lightning (vs remaining HG, then HB):

Roller timedragon888
Character Quarius
Campaign Surreality
Description Arc Lightning vs Reflex
Results 1d20+6: 15 [1d20=9]
1d20+6: 9 [1d20=3]
1d6+8: 10 [1d6=2]
1d6+8: 14 [1d6=6]
 
 
 
Cha'ac continued to focus straight ahead at the Bandit that was before his eyes. He repeated his previous move, sending a Tempest Assault at the unfortunate bandit.
 
Roll(1d20)+9:
12,+9
Total:21
 
Roll(1d6)+6:
1,+6
Total:7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"One serving of heals, coming right up!" With a simple twirl of her finger, light descended on Nam's figure, glittering and sparkly brightly under the shade. "No one's dying under my watch!"

 

Healing word

Nam can spend a healing surge + gain a +2 to all defenses before the end of my next turn, apparently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth frowned at the guy who suddenly stood besides him. "Get away you freak!" He shouted and marked the dude before shifted away, shooting two arrows.

 

The first missed, the second hit it's target, dealing an embarrassing amount of damage

 

Shots:

Roll(1d20)+10:
5,+10
Total:15

Roll(1d20)+10:
9,+10
Total:19

 

Damage:

Roll(1d12)+2:
2,+2
Total:4

Roll(1d6)+0:
4,+0
Total:4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The first of the Berserker's followed Amroth, not letting the Ranger run away, swung and missed, while the other Berserker had just as little luck striking Cha'ac after a sideways shift.

 

[both rolls missed...]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth grinned at the Berserker who again missed him. "Maybe you should try to take aim more before you actually swing, you might just hit me."

He stepped back once more and raised his bow. He again shot two arrows, both striking the Berker's chest.

 

Attack rolls:
Roll(1d20)+10:
19,+10
Total:29

Roll(1d20)+10:
18,+10
Total:28

 

Damage:

Roll(1d12)+2:
5,+2
Total:7

Roll(1d12)+2:
10,+2
Total:12

Roll(1d6)+0:
4,+0
Total:4

 

Total: 23

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nam felt her health regenerate through a healing surge and wasted no time getting back into the fray. She moved to flank thw Beserker between her and Cha'ac and went in for a strike.

 

Actions:

 

Use Healing Surge

 

Use Sly Flourish on Human Beserker (combat advantage grants +1 attack roll and +1 damage due to Light Blade Expertise)

 

1d20+13: 17 [1d20=4]
1d4+10: 14 [1d4=4]
2d8+1: 13 [2d8=6, 6]
 
IF Beserker is Bloodied use Press The Advantage
 
1d20+12: 26 [1d20=14]
2d4+7: 12 [2d4=1, 4]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"IMA GETCHU WITH MY LANNNN- " Iris finally stepped out of her 'hiding' area and started casting her spell, only to stumble and end up selecting another. "Ah. I accidentally hit sacred flame..."

 

The NPC towards her left caught on fire either way, his glow reflecting off her apologetic face as the he started dropping down and rolling on the floor in a futile attempt to beat the flames out.

 

sacred flame - +2 THP goes to Amroth

1d20+928 [1d20=19]
1d6+611 [1d6=5]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The remaining two Human Bandits seemed to be panicking now, their attacks not even connecting with the rest of the group. Quarius pressed himself against the wall, having been surrounded by the both of them, but didn't feel particularly worried. He had his new Darkleaf Armor equipped, after all. Raising his wand, he sent two bolts of Arc Lightning at both soldiers, but missed the one that was being surrounded by Cha'ac and Nam.

 

 

Arc Lightning at the bandits (left one first):

 

Roller timedragon888
Character Quarius
Campaign Surreality
Description Arc Lightning vs Reflex
Results 1d20+6: 19 [1d20=13]
1d20+6: 9 [1d20=3]
1d6+8: 12 [1d6=4]
1d6+8: 9 [1d6=1]
 
Cha'ac was unfazed by the Bandit's attempt at attacking. Raising the gigantic warhammer, he struck with Tempest Assault once more, making sure his attack struck true this time.
 
Roll(1d20)+9:
14,+9
Total:23
 
Roll(1d6)+6:
4,+6
Total:10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The group successfully managed to fend off the bandits. After inspecting their corpses and the remainder of the keep they found a Thundering Warhammer+1 and an Exalted Chainmail Armor+1.

[No XP rewarded due to prior completion of this encounter through a skill challenge. Decide on next step. Requires 2 votes to change location.]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"So what now. We've got that old ring to give back to the guy in town." Nam said to the rest of the party. "I do t see what other options we have. Unless you want to waste more time poking around these bandit corpses. Or hey maybe we could go back to the farm and laugh at the grumpy old man's misfortune. I doubt he'd thank us much for taking care of his bandit problem anyway..."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Yeah.. lets not take too much detours, we should go turn in the quest..." Iris agreed, though it was obvious she was a lot more interested in another matter. She sidled up to the loot and plucked a certain piece out from the small pile, trying to nonchalantly stuff it into her backpack. "...I'll just go ahead and take these chain mail stuff, yea. We cool? Right. We cool."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Alright, I don't mind popping back to the town to complete the quest. It's a shame we didn't manage to find much gold though.

We should heal up before heading back, in case we run into a bunch of random encounters."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Yeah I could do with a rest before we head out" Nam added. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amroth nodded. "Well, I guess we could try and find that little girl, but I honestly don't think the old man has anything of any worth so let's head back to the town. We should give the ring to the old man though, and afterwards we'll request some reward for ratting out whoever stole the ring, right?"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After  finishing up their business in the Silver Keep the adventures crossed the bridge back to the mainland and were met by the shady teleporter. “Congratulations! I see you have all your limbs still attached, surely that is a cause for celebration if there ever was one.†With a flick of his wrist a magic circle appeared in front of the party. “Sadly this will be the last time we’ll meet for a while. I wish you godspeed.â€

The party stepped into the circle and was teleported back to the town, but as was promised by the teleporter he was nowhere in sight. The group noted that when they met the teleporter in front of the Mines he had claimed that he was not the same as the one in Winterhaven. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quarius withdrew the ring from the party inventory, stepping towards Valthrun's tower. They had a choice whether to return it to him or Padraig, and Padraig had already attempted to cheat them once. Besides, Quarius had a feeling that the Lord of Winterhaven didn't exactly hold a liking to him. "I'm going to return this to Valthrun in the hopes that he keeps up his end of the deal and offers us more money than Padraig did," the Wizard explained to the rest of his party. "I still have my Arcane Mutterings readied, in case a Bluff or Diplomacy check is required. I'm not going to attempt to haggle for extra gold though, because the last time one of our party members tried to do that, look where that ended us in."

 

Assuming that his team had no objections, Quarius turned to head towards where he thought Valthrun would most likely be found at.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After Quarius handed over the ring a pop up appeared in front of all the members of the group:

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: “One Ring to Rule Nothing At All†Completed!
Reward: “<NAME> the Bandit Whisperer†Title Unlocked.

Nam even got a second pop up.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED: “Johnny Who?â€
Deal the final blow to Johnny Lee during the One Ring to Rule Nothing At All’s Final Bossfight.
Reward: Vanity item; Black thick rimmed glasses.

“Excellent, thank you for your help!†Valthrun opened a drawer of his desk, pulled  out 200 gold pieces and handed them over to Quarius. “This reminds me, I was told to send you to the city of Avalon to the east. A man known as the Guildmaster would like to have a word with you.â€

[Group receives 270XP and 200 gold for completing the quest. Received the quest “Guildmaster?â€]

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Who's Online   0 Members, 0 Anonymous, 6 Guests (See full list)

    There are no registered users currently online