Seanzilla

(A) Episode Two: One Ring To Rule Nothing At All

194 posts in this topic

"That is a peculiar idea," said Korrelia, after jumping slightly at his amplified voice, "for no matter what kind of bladder issues you have, surely you can't use more than 1 toilet at once. However, the point about upgrading is valid. We shall make an elaborate place with many rooms then, if money permits. And toilets. Some toilets could be used as storage rooms too."

Aramachus inspected the list of possible rooms, "Well I must object immediately to the 'torture chamber'. That is not the sort of thing our guild should be about. Although on that note, a prison may be necessary as a means for dealing with PKers we encounter. Other than that I have no further input. I'll gladly donate my savings to the cause."

"Shut up and take my money so that we can go questing already!"

[Vote for Surreality United, Amroth, and a guild house with 15 small, empty rooms]

Amroth tried to hide a satisfied smile as he noticed a notification pop up that he was now second in command. He reminded himself to thank Korrelia later if he managed to speak to her alone, it felt inappropriate to do so in front of Quarius. He nodded at Quarius' explanation. "That does make sense, although I think we unfortunately can't choose our toilets. But I think 15 is too much, 1000 GP seems like a lot now, but when we've advanced some levels I hope our funds will also increase. Therefore I think we should get only 7 or 10 small rooms, that way we can start using our guild quicker and the added cost is coverable later. But let's not dwell on it too much, since people, including me, are eager to continue. I wish to explore this city and see what new options we have here, I believe I saw a university and a libary somewhere around here, those seem interesting. Other than that, I'm ok with funding this guild"

"If we do get only 3000 gold's worth of rooms, then each member would fork out 300 gold, which I think is most reasonable," said Korrelia. "That said, I can fork out the remaining 750 as well, if I sell some of my equipment. I am the guild leader after all, and I should contribute more than the ordinary member."

"Aye, Captain, but there's no need to sell your equipment. We can pay off a sum now, say 1000gp, and loan the rest from the bank. There're no interests, so we can take our time to pay it back after every quest. It seems that the banks here have a conscience still." 

Bachydios looked at Sierra expectantly.

Sierra clicked her tongue, snapped both her fingers and pointed them at Bachydios. "You got that right."

"Ok, 15 small rooms for a total of 3000 GP sounds good. Though I must say due to some... unfortunate events, I personally only have 74 GP to spend. But I will make up the difference later on. Also, I don't feel like that you should pay extra because you are the leader, we're a team so we'll carry the weight together. Well then, I think we've got everything covered. I say we split up and go shopping and ask around if there's anything interesting happening, and then we'll regroup in an hour or two at our new guild house? Sounds good?"

"Correction," Quarius said to Amroth, "3000GP is for the more conservative number of 12 rooms. 15 rooms will cost us 3750GP. You'll have to decide whether you want to pay less upfront but ultimately pay more later, or vice versa. Also, I don't think we should be shopping at this point in time unless we are getting mission essential items. We have a big debt to pay after purchasing the guildhouse, after all."

"Okay, let's just say that each of us needs to pay up 375gp at some point. Meanwhile, we'll just loan 3750gp from Bank of Free Loans to buy all 15 rooms, and everyone can still go shopping. I intend to pay up my 375gp immediately though; holding onto so much gold scares me. Do we have wireless transactions or must we go down to the Bank?"

Bachydios looked at Sierra again.

"Personally I'm in favor of paying 3750GP for 15 rooms as well. What does the guild leader think?"

"I'd much rather not be in debt," said Korrelia, "but I trust Quarius' analyses, and that we'll indeed save money in the long run if we foot them upfront. Therefore we shall advance a loan from the Bank of Free Interest, as Bachydios has suggested, and get 15 rooms. We can all choose to pay our share either now, or after the next quest, but preferably no later than that."

"I can pay now." Nam said. "If it will get us into the action quicker, at least."

"Very well, then will whoever wishing to pay please do so to me. I shall collect all the money and then return it to the bank at the end of our loan term," said Korrelia. "In the meantime, will Bachydios please make the bank arrangements and payments so that we can start building our guild house as soon as possible?" She looked up and squinted. "I think it's going to rain."

"Her is 375 Gold towards the Guild" Nam said as she handed Korrelia a pouch of gold. "As for what the Guild looks like, I don't really care. Something with dark iron and black stone would be cool. With fire pits...yeah...fire."

"We should have a floating palace of Versailles for our beautiful, angelic guild leader~~~" Dayereth declared, twirling around as he handed Korrelia his share of the gold. "And Nam's idea can be used for the dungeons to throw the kind of lechers we killed on the quest into."

"Alright then, we finally have our guild house design roughly complete," said Korrelia, dark circles around her eyes, as she stepped out to face Sierra. They had been exchanging hushed whispers for 5 days, and at last, they had settled on a compromise.

"Our guild house will look like a medieval castle, with 15 rooms and medieval toilets to boot," she said, pointing to some Home & Design magazines as examples. "There'll be flags saying Surreality United hanging from its turrets."

“How... boring.†Sierra sighed at the group needing so much time to eventually decide on something as basic as that. “Fine.†She snapped her fingers and the rundown building standing on the lot assigned to the Guild now known as Surreality United was engulfed by purple, blue and green neon lights as it transformed into the medieval castle as described  by Korrelia.

“Well, let’s check it out.†Sierra pushed open the door to Surreality United’s castle and ushered the members inside. “There are four floors to this castle, a toilet on each floor, with the fourth floor used exclusively for member bedrooms. All the rooms are empty until you have paid the full sum of 3750 gold. Have fun.â€

[End of Episode 2]