Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Shadow

OPEN Ascent Discussion

8 posts in this topic

Well, I've already put this all in the post, but here it is again for anyone else who wants to see it and discuss everything with the thread. Come one, come more than one. ^.^

Story

The idea is rather simple. It's a Virtual Reality game called Seraphim, created by Neigel Hassen. In the game, he is Arka Seraphim: The Metal Angel. There are fifty "floors" to the iconic Shaust building. The man who runs the Shaust building in this futurist setting is Arka Seraphim: The Metal Angel of course. He hosts an annual event called "The Ascent Games". He is hosting the game for all those who wish to take the challenge in the world and claim the wonderful prizes for their characters. The competitors must ascend all 49 "floors" before doing battle with Arka on the 50th "floor". The "floors" are like massive arenas easily the size of a football stadium to the state of Alaska. 

Rules

I would prefer characters who are all sci-fi based with technology. People may form teams if we have a lot, or solo. Every time a "floor" is cleared I will post a setting description for the next "floor" in the "game", as well as what must be done to clear the levels to move on. A death results in expulsion from the event. It should last longer than it would ever be cleared, so it'll hopefully be fun. I will be playing Arka Seraphim as well as Jun Archille who is in the game. 

First Floor: The setting is a city that stretches on for miles and miles. The goal is to move to the next "floor" by simply finding the door that leads there, among the thousands of doors that are booby trapped. An elimination round.

Oooo this looks like fun! Reminds me a lot of SAO, if you've ever seen it! Should I just jump in? Or do you want to talk a little bit more about where you see this going? :D

I'm going to jump in!

I'll be playing Reina Sato

I'm not the best at character intros but I will flesh this out more as more info is revealed about her in the plot. 

Items to note for now: 

-She's slight, jet black hair. 

-Her strengths are speed and ingenuity, she carries odds and ends with her in her cloak to aid in survival 

-She has prosthetic eyes. The special properties include increased range of vision as well as identify properties and elements of solutions/metals/various other things. Due to this, her eyes are disconcerting when looked into. They are deep and make the viewer feel that they are falling into them. The color is not constant.

-She's been implanted with a biostamps that allow her to deactivate, activate or use anything electronic (for example, key pads, cell phones, electronic guns etc.) These biostamps are visible on her wrists but she also carries them elsewhere. The biostamps look like tattoos. 

-She wears two small magnets in her hair (imagining them as any type of hair accessory) that allows her to pick up any metal in an environment and make a large metaloid like character to aid her. She doesn't like doing this as it strips the metal off anything in the vicinity. She can create small metaloids as well.

-She has nanobots constantly repairing tissues etc. in her body (I see Jun has this, but I wanted to keep my character sleek but still protected- hope this is ok ~)

Nano-bots be cool. I just used them. I can't claim rights to the idea of having them for that purpose XD Sounds like a good character though. Looking forward to the fun ;)

Cool- So I actually stopped my chara where yours stopped as well because I wasn't sure what you had planned for the first level. Lemme know what you think of the post and we can go from there :D

Hey- so I saw your other post.

I just feel like I don't have that much to work with in terms of molding my character's story line.

Can you tell me more about the traps on the first floor? What should my character be aware of. Where do things lead? What are the monsters on this floor?

Sorry. I didn't really know if you planned to follow Jun or if you would go about what you wanted to. The traps consist of everything from reinforced steel doors to trap you in, to poison gas stations, to sentry turrets. They just appear as you go along really, but the closer to the portal to the second stage you get the more frequent and dangerous the are. Towards the start it's basic things, but further along you get the sentry, lasers, death spikes, and other horrid things. The "monsters" on this stage consist mainly of what's called a basic polygon. They are robots with no faces armed with generally plasma or laser rifles. You have freedom of where you want to encounter these traps and what kind, but the enemies tend to appear more when you get closer to the next floor portal here. this floor is wholly technology based, but nothing as advanced as the high level players like Jun and Arka (Idk about you character). Does that do a good job of covering the basics?

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0