Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ack!

Profile Backgrounds

8 posts in this topic

I'm just making sure people know you have backgrounds for your profiles... Or if the permissions are all screwy. I just don't see anybody using it, and I think it's a pretty cool feature!

1 person likes this

Neat. But what are the dimensions so it's easier to find a picture that fits (unless I'm dumb and it's right in front of me).

Something like 970x400 or something... But it's using CSS to resize the image to fit the image dead center in the container (background-size: cover to be more precise).

Okay. I tried using a more vertical image of a bear but it ended up just showing his ears instead of fitting it like i thought it would.

Yeah, the problem is the site is fluid so it's going to keep resizing the image, with the origin of the resize being in the center.

I'll have to see what I can do to alleviate this problem. But at least you put one up--yay! :D

Oooh.... How nifty!  From what Im seeing, the permissions are ok- I just need to mess with what i want on there!

Ahhh   Yours is super nostalgic

I'll have to see what I can do to alleviate this problem. But at least you put one up--yay! :D

Yeah I like the one I have now so I'm all good. I did have to switch from Chrome to Firefox to get it to work buy I think that was more a Chrome problem than a site problem.

I tried putting one up but the area was just too huge for a simple pattern so I took it back down. I just want to get to the info already without scrolling past a giant picture. I obsessively check my own profile for some reason, so yeah.