Lady_Riddel

What's something you are looking forward to this year?

14 posts in this topic

Do you have big travel plans? Are you moving somewhere? Starting a new job? Getting married? Having children?

Here you can talk about the things you're looking forward to, no matter how big or small. Or maybe you have a dream in the works - something you want to look forward to? 

[edit]

I guess I should tell you what I am looking forward to. 

I am looking forward to spending more time with family and friends, and getting out and doing more fun things outside (going to the beach, going for walks when the weather is nice, hopefully some anime conventions). And If $ permits, I'm also looking forward to going back to Disney this year! Really hope that happens again!

I'm (hoping) to start work again this year, which would mean setting a whole bunch of plans in motion, starting with actually having money, which would be nice. It would mean I can move out at long, bloody last. I'd wanted to move out about 3-4 years ago, but health problems put a pin in that. So, with money, comes moving up to Edinburgh, to live near muh best mate. Having money also means getting a new pair of glasses which I have sorely needed for a long time, and also getting a new gaming PC which will make me very happy as its really the only thing I spend any money on (gaming).

Also, i'm just looking forward to things in the world of gaming. Thief, Dark Souls II, Shadow of Mordor, possibly getting back into WoW, and i'm sure a hundred other games. Plus there's a bunch of films coming out this year I wanna see. But all of this is obviously dependant on money, and more than any of it, I wanna be back in work. So aye, it doesn't take much to make me happy but that would definitely do it. It wouldn't be too bad to have a GF again (and all the benefits that come with that. lol), but equally, i'm not pushing for it, as I still enjoy being single too. So we'll see what the year brings!  :3

1 person likes this

Saving more money, this is essentially what I look forward to with every waking moment. I am a slave to money, and I admit this, to some level I hate it venomously, but when I see my friends who throw money around hap-hazardously, who are in debt, struggling to pay for things like insurance, cell phone, gas, etc, or who think $100 is a lot of money, I somehow feel better about myself and my almost obsessive need to horde money like a dragon. It's in those moments I wish I was even more frugal, I wish I didn't cave to material desires and buy new clothes or new games/toys. Amusingly, I never feel guilty when I purchase something that I've been looking forward to, like my gaming laptop; I spent $1500 on it, but I had a plan in mind when I bought it, I had X amount saved already and I knew how I was going to pay off the credit cards for the rest of it. 

Between my boyfriend and myself we have $5000 in savings, it's a long way from a down payment for a house around where I live but it's still a hefty sum that I'm quite proud of, and yes I mention it often because I have pride in my financial capabilities. That's just what we've saved since July 2013. I wish we could save more, neither of us make boat loads of money, still I feel like we could do better, but I know that we both have our vices that cripple us: for him it's cigarettes, for me it's food. 

2 people like this

I'm looking forward to a good J-rock concert this year. I mean, with the Japanese Music Festival being set up in Singapore and all, there's got to be 1 gig that's coming that I like, right? So I look forward to 27th January (that's tomorrow!) to hear whom the second performer will be. And I continually hope for SID!

2 people like this

I'm looking forward to creamfields festival in August. Long way away but it's gonna be so goooooood!

1 person likes this

Everytime I went abroad it was either for some cultural vacation with the family or to visit relatives who don't live in The Netherlands, but this year my friends decided to go on beach/party vacation and asked me to come with them.

Even though I stopped caring much for partying 5 years ago, have to say I'm pretty excited. Guess it's just one of those things on my bucket list. 

2 people like this

I'm looking forward to the time I complete my course and become a full officer in the air force. :D

1 person likes this

I'm looking forward to graduating with my Associates Degree, moving out on my own with a friend in an apartment to attend a University to start on my Bachelor's Degree, and possibly ending up dirt poor from that and becoming homeless and starving :D

1 person likes this

I'm looking forward to seeing The Australian Pink Floyd in March, Within Temptation in April, and Nine Inch Nails in May. Also, possibly Lee Evans in October.

I'm also looking forward to my friend's wedding in July, and her hen do in June.

And, the yearly event of the London Tattoo Convention in September.

2 people like this

There is one thing that I'm properly (Properly, I tell ya!) looking forward to this year and that is happening in July...the Monty Python reunion gig!! It's going to be epic.

Other than that, there are a bunch of games coming out (Infamous Second Son, Watchdogs, Dark Souls 2, The Witcher 3, The Order 1886, Theif, and a bunch of other stuff) as well as a bunch of films I plan on seeing (Winter Soldier, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes, Days of Future Past, The Amazing Spiderman 2, 300 Rise of an Empire, Godzilla, Robocop and about a dozen more) and finally I'm looking forward to a memorial trip I'm taking to Belgium this year with the Air Cadets.

So all in all, I'm going to be pretty poor for most of this year :D

1 person likes this

Too many things to count!

• Hopefully to be mostly debt free by the end of the year
  • To see my friends a lot! (and to make many more)
  • TRAVEL, for Pokemon related things and just for fun!
  • Go to Disney with Riddel and friends? Hopefully!
  • New car?!
  • KEEP BEING AWESOME
  • LIFE IS GOOD
  • SOMETIMES
1 person likes this

Yajuu reminded me of some actual events that I'm looking forward too! First and most importantly in May I'm going out to see The Blue Angels I used to go every year but the last two years they haven't done their performance so this years is super exciting. It's so amazing, it's so LOUD! They fly so low! So close! SQUEEEE!

On a less fangirlish note I'm also excited to see the Lego Movie, the next 300, and the next How to Train Your Dragon. ^^

You know, I don't usually want to see movies in theaters, but I admit I do kind of want to see the LEGO movie next month. 

And yesss I hope we can all go to Disney together this year! Right now I'm feeling a bit negative because financially, things are already starting to hit the fan, but I don't want to get too pessimistic because there's still 11 more months.

I also forgot to mention that I am looking forward to Dark Souls 2. JUST IN TIME FOR MY BIRTHDAY!!!!! :D

Honestly, right now I'm just looking forward to hopefully maybe getting a job that will pay well and that will set me on the right track of accomplishing my goals. Namely getting a new/used car and/or moving out. 

I don't have the highest hopes any of this will actually get accomplished though.