rubberrazors

Celebration Thread

613 posts in this topic

The better half to the ol' Complaints Thread, this is the feel good thread to let out your happy, sappy feelings. We're all so cheerful and excited here.

Recently, I've come to realize how much more of a confident and outgoing person I am now compared to how quiet and self-conscious of a person I was before. Not to say that I've stopped being quiet and self-conscious but that it's sure is a lot of damn progress. I really have some awesome friends to give a big chunk of credit too.

2 people like this

Same here really. It's a nice thing when you can overcome that sort of shit. You realize how much it was holding you back once you're past it.

1 person likes this

The one thing I've been wanting to celebrate for a few days now is your signature Rubberrazors, it's hypnotizing and I don't get it and it's confusing and I wanna know what it's about yet at the same time I don't want to know what it is about!

I'm sort-of celebrating going back to school... because I've spent all summer basically being a housewench (or being expected to) and being talked at (that's putting it nicely) when I let it go for one day.

ONE DAY. Seriously, no leniency. I love my partner, but puhleeeze. :p

Really, though. I am happy about going to school, totally. The prospect of having that structure and routine again is very attractive to my psyche.

Two weeks into training for my new job and they just offered me a better one. 

The one thing I've been wanting to celebrate for a few days now is your signature Rubberrazors, it's hypnotizing and I don't get it and it's confusing and I wanna know what it's about yet at the same time I don't want to know what it is about!

My job here is done.

I went to the zoo for the first time ever yesterday. Even as a little kid, I had a chance to go to the zoo but then I got in trouble.  :unsure: I visited the San Diego Zoo, saw some awesome animals and took some silly pictures! Then I rode the Skyfari and thought I was going to die.

Actually started making progress on some role plays today! Yaaaay!

My job here is done.

I went to the zoo for the first time ever yesterday. Even as a little kid, I had a chance to go to the zoo but then I got in trouble.  :unsure: I visited the San Diego Zoo, saw some awesome animals and took some silly pictures! Then I rode the Skyfari and thought I was going to die.

It's one of the best zoos in the US or the world or something, apparently. The food sucks though.

I'm just biased 'cause I work there and work sucks

why didn't you visit me waaaah

It's one of the best zoos in the US or the world or something, apparently. The food sucks though.

I'm just biased 'cause I work there and work sucks

why didn't you visit me waaaah

Because I didn't want to seem creepy. ):

I'm celebrating 100 followers on my Zelda blog!!! C: Now to go draw Nabooru to show my appreciation. 

EDIT: 

I'm also glad to finally have graduated from 'Peasant' to 'Young Traveler'. That makes me feel better. 

My house is clean, but not anally so. Still CLEAN. Which means I get to relax for once! YAAAAAY!

I'm celebrating 100 followers on my Zelda blog!!! C: Now to go draw Nabooru to show my appreciation. 

EDIT: 

I'm also glad to finally have graduated from 'Peasant' to 'Young Traveler'. That makes me feel better. 

Where is this blog? Link me (HAHA GET IT)

1 person likes this

Clicked the link and now I want to play OoT again because of the music.

DAMN YOU KELSO

I am writing a thing and while I still think I suck at writing, I'm super proud of how much better I at least become! Still not participating in NaNo, though. I:

Edit: according to iwl.me, I write like David Foster Wallace. Neat.

Edit edit: and now Vladimir Nabokov. Also neat.

I celebrate drawing! I didn't draw at all last year, and I've put out some pretty good pieces in the past month or so. It feels so good.

I've been so crafty this year too. AND I'M ROLE PLAYING.

It feels so good to be CREATIVE. <3

1 person likes this

I celebrate the birth and soon to be victory of the Egyptian legions! (Rome 2 total war reference).

Made some tasty Chicken & Bacon carbonara from scratch. Was really tasty. Now I have a cup of tea. Mmm tea. Today was good. 

[5:51:58 PM] Jude: also this happened during training

[5:52:02 PM] Jude: our trainer sorted us into teams

[5:52:16 PM] Jude: to do a little quiz game as a refresher before the assessment

[5:52:22 PM] Jude: and she asked us to pick team names

[5:52:25 PM] Jude: and she eventually says

[5:52:36 PM] Jude: OKAY THE NEXT PERSON TO SAY A NAME IN EACH CHAT, THAT'S THE NAME OF YOUR TEAM

Jfnfxbl.png

There is this 16 day training I wanted to do for a while now, but always put off and placed in the 'some day in the future' box, and yesterday I got a chance to join one starting 27th of September.

And I just spontaneously said yes, didn't even doubt or whatever. I'm now a bit proud that I actually went for what I wanted, even though it might not be the 'ideal' time in my planning or the semester or whatever.

Might seem small, but as a 'always-think, rarely-do' kind of guy, I'm kinda proud :D

I've been debating whether to buy KOF XIII SE or not... today I logged in and saw that I got the game for free because I participated in the beta test.

Yay!

Finished my first vector illustration in over a year last night. Feels amazing! :D

Ack it looks freaking amaaazing!

I have had a horribly stressful day. But then I went to the gym, had a run, did some weights, and now I feel immensely better.

I just ran in the rain for the first time, and I loved it

:D

Not torrential rain or anything lol and yeah, it was a bit muddy {I run at a local nature reserve} but it was refreshing. I love how good I feel after running! Exercise is soooo good for you, mentally and physically {obviously, but in moderation} I can't believe how much of a slob I used to be.

I'm celebrating the fact that although I'm still struggling to manage chronic depression, I've made progress and I feel like I'm starting to go in the right direction with my life. I'm hating myself less and starting to put myself out there more. I'm trying to be more social and I've had a few successful conversations (IRL!!!) over the last few weeks that went well. 

I am also celebrating the fact that my health has been pretty much under control this year. 2011-2012 were really horrible years because of a medical condition I have, and I thought for sure some seriously bad stuff was going to happen, especially towards the end of last year. But things really turned around and I've been so grateful to have my life back (ps: also knocking on wood right now). I've even been feeling so good, I decided to start running again a few weeks ago and hopefully going to register for an upcoming 5k in October. :)

Lastly, I'm celebrating the fact that although I'm a bit abrasive when I'm down on my luck, I still have wonderful people in my life who continue to love me despite everything. And an awesome dog. 

The end.

1 person likes this