Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

[YOU LOSE!] HYPER STREET FIGHTER 7 MAFIA EDITION

579 posts in this topic

I'm still sticking to my vote on Ken, mainly cuz I want to know what's the story behind the Ryu/Ken conflict.

Anyway from what I see, here's how things seem to work.

1. We'll always be curious to know what people's abilities are before we kill them, because killing them without giving them a chance is risky.

2. Once we know their ability, we realise it'd be terrible to kill them.

3. The cycle continues. XD

We'd never break this cycle! That said, I'm all for keeping Chun Li alive, since DayDay sounded genuinely frustrated he used a Night Action on someone who died.

I'm actually inclined to think either DD or Eth is lying to feign innocence by claiming to have killed Wst, and one is actually Evil, if not both.

If Eth is lying, wouldn't the real person who killed Wst step up instead? Unless you think that Shadaloo agreed with each other to kill Wst, which doesn't make any sense because he wasn't under heavy suspicion last turn. His abilities also seem far too useful for him to act as a sacrifice.

Between Eth and DD I'm more inclined to think that DD might be evil.

I don't think DayDay ever said he killed Wstie. He just said he used a Night Action, and I guess any Night Action would be wasted if Wstie dies in the end?

I do think Eth isn't lying about killing Wst based on this:

I think my personal pick's Dudley (Wstie), yup.

Lol, if I headbutt someone, that'll be Dudley. Or do you mean I should bang heads with one of the inactives?

He tried to vote wst last round. And wst turned up dead this round, and we know Eth has the ability to do that.
Or does he? Is ejection = death?

But I don't trust DD at all right now. Even more so if he's going to claim that he killed wst, though I acknowledge he never said so, just suggested that he used his Night action. Which we have no clue what it is, and frankly, I'd rather learn about Ken.

Yes I am going to claim I killed Wst. Despite me specifically saying he should've been voted off during the day and not targeted at night.

Given the information I learned last night phase, it's funny to me that Cammy is so insistent on getting rid of me. Wanting to clear up the Ryu/Ken situation??? Sounds kinda weird, since Ryu's been read and if you just read me you'll have all my info. My powers are pretty useful, as I've continuously insisted. If you just read me first, before the day phase is over you'll still be able to vote me off if you don't like what you hear. Let's go off of the assumption that the baddies don't know who each other are. Kyo mentioned that Ryu's Ultra (is it an Ultra?) is a reaction to Ken dying, like he's maybe upset that Ken died? Whatever the case, I'm inclined to believe that Ryu is innocent (because I'm innocent) but for those of you unconvinced that I am innocent, I believe Ken and Ryu are of the same alliance, and I think the bad guys are convinced of this as well. Getting rid of Ken under the ruse that we can make Ryu more "useful" or clear up the Ryu/Ken thing, just doesn't really make any sense to me. Smart thing to do would be to draw the conclusions I've drawn (Ken and Ryu are of same alliance) and get rid of them both. This is of course, assuming that the bad guys don't know who each other are and have to be safe about eliminating a teammate.

At any rate, I'm voting for Cammy. I urge you all to read me, still, as it will support my above argument. 

I appreciate you cannot reveal anything about your role, however, your being a little blunt and people for the most part don't seem to be taking it well. One thing I do know is DD seems to get a little frustrated being the bad guy, or he did in previous games. Also it's entirely possible they both opted to kill wst. Just because one decided to do so doesn't mean the other is let off. Although I'm a little curious as to who chun li can kill someone with no prior conditions to be met.

So DD, if we vote to read you, would you be willing to shed some light?

I'm assuming DD had the role of investigator or something? He learned that Dudley was a bad guy during the night phase, but E. Honda rendered that information useless and essentially wasted DD's night action. Which is why DD is frustrated that we didn't just opt to kill Dudley last day phase, because he could have investigated someone else last night and forwarded the game.

I think it's more important to know why nobody else died last night, so maybe we should keep all our read votes on Ken.  ;)

Given the information I learned last night phase, it's funny to me that Cammy is so insistent on getting rid of me. Wanting to clear up the Ryu/Ken situation??? Sounds kinda weird, since Ryu's been read and if you just read me you'll have all my info. My powers are pretty useful, as I've continuously insisted. If you just read me first, before the day phase is over you'll still be able to vote me off if you don't like what you hear. Let's go off of the assumption that the baddies don't know who each other are. Kyo mentioned that Ryu's Ultra (is it an Ultra?) is a reaction to Ken dying, like he's maybe upset that Ken died? Whatever the case, I'm inclined to believe that Ryu is innocent (because I'm innocent) but for those of you unconvinced that I am innocent, I believe Ken and Ryu are of the same alliance, and I think the bad guys are convinced of this as well. Getting rid of Ken under the ruse that we can make Ryu more "useful" or clear up the Ryu/Ken thing, just doesn't really make any sense to me. Smart thing to do would be to draw the conclusions I've drawn (Ken and Ryu are of same alliance) and get rid of them both. This is of course, assuming that the bad guys don't know who each other are and have to be safe about eliminating a teammate.

At any rate, I'm voting for Cammy. I urge you all to read me, still, as it will support my above argument.

I see your point. However with the revelation that Akuma is able to assimilate people, nobody is safe. Anyone can be evil, and people who are good today might be bad tomorrow. This means we really have to act quickly and be united. Our bickering and disagreements do us no good, however I appreciate it's not so easy to come to a agreement anyway. How about this? We vote to read ken as agreed. Then we vote to read DD. Sound fair?

Additionally, the fact that you and ryu are connected and are meant to work as allied good guys, doesn't mean anything since the assimilation revelation. Regardless of your original intentions, either or both of you could be turned evil. People should stop protesting they are good guys. Nobody, I repeat. Nobody. Is going to admit to being evil. To protest your innocence is pointless.

On another not. A tip for everyone. Stop chasing your ultras. I've said it before and I will say it again. They are reactionary abilities, they are designed to give you an edge in your hour of need, a countermeasure should the bad guys get a foothold (or good guys if you're bad). People are so keen on getting the super ultra badass abilities that they aren't focussing enough on the fundamentals of this game. If your ultra awakens, great. Otherwise just play normally.

Furthermore let's not get protective of people beyond reason. As stated before, nobody is safe, nobody is confirmed good or evil. While I can't go into specifics, I know that some of our skills leave some reliance on other people. Ryus connection with Ken proves this, and i know this is the case for at least one other character. We can't be too precious about that bough. For example, if Ken was evil, then killing him benefits ryu greatly. On the same token if ryu is evil and ken is good, then it also benefits him greatly to kill ken, this is an example of how a reactionary ultra that requires sacrifice has actually become a much more beneficial if alignments are changed.

Let's spin a little hypothetical scenario though. Let's say there are characters called jack and Jill. Let's also say there is a good witch and a bad witch. Now jack and Jill's goal is to defeat the bad witch. As a condition, if Jill is killed, then jack awakens his inner potential and becomes Jack the Fierce Knight, and gains the ability to defeat whoever has killed Jill. In essence jack could kill the bad witch and become the hero. However lets say the bad witch twists Jill's mind and makes her an evil slave. Then a dilemma occurs. Jacks goal is to defeat the bad witch and help the good witch. However his conditional ability is only triggered when someone kills Jill. Since she is now an evil slave, surely the good witch would have to kill her for the sake of the world. This means that jacks ability has only given him the ability to kill the good witch, the one which he has vowed to serve. Thus his conditional effect is broken.

Don't rely too heavily on your powers. In essence, play the game. Our strongest collective ability is our vote to kill. Work together and make use of it. We have wasted this precious skill 2 nights in a row. It is the wasting of this skill that almost always costs the good guys the game. It is time for a change. It is time to see the value in the voting system. Enough powers, enough conditions, it is time for the only true power.

Democracy!

I do not disagree at all with anything you said, Kyo. However some people do have useful night phase abilities that will be able to help the group make a more informed decision on who to vote off. I agree though that a lot of the Ultra abilities (while useful) shouldn't necessarily be strived for, especially if there is a cost involved. Seems like they're more situational, like a trump card to play when the tables turn against you. I would also like to read DD, but I would prefer if Ken were read first so that I may reveal all my information before the end of the voting. I think we have a good chance of taking out a baddie this day phase. :) 

I'm assuming DD had the role of investigator or something? He learned that Dudley was a bad guy during the night phase, but E. Honda rendered that information useless and essentially wasted DD's night action. Which is why DD is frustrated that we didn't just opt to kill Dudley last day phase, because he could have investigated someone else last night and forwarded the game.

I think it's more important to know why nobody else died last night, so maybe we should keep all our read votes on Ken.  ;)

DD claims to have killed Dudley, not Investigated him. Which is why I'm skeptical, because DD has never voiced any suspicion of Dudley, unlike Ethereal. Also, it doesn't seem like he has any restrictions on his killing, unlike myself--who else do we know was capable of freely killing someone every night?

Of course, it's possible that Ethereal was Assimilated--or is even Akuma--and is bluffing by the same argument I'm using to suspect DD.

Anyways, our priority now is killing in the hopes of destroying Akuma before he Assimilates enough to defeat us.

Given wst's explicit ability to kill during the Night Phase, and the lack of other deaths last night, it seems reasonable to believe that the Evils can't murder at will every night unless they have someone with the ability. Which means they'll be relying on Assimilation, possibly targeting people like myself who are capable of killing (albeit with a condition, and only usable once, in my case). Or DD, who doesn't seem to have a condition.

All the more reason to be rid of him.

DD claims to have killed Dudley, not Investigated him. Which is why I'm skeptical, because DD has never voiced any suspicion of Dudley, unlike Ethereal. Also, it doesn't seem like he has any restrictions on his killing, unlike myself--who else do we know was capable of freely killing someone every night?

Of course, it's possible that Ethereal was Assimilated--or is even Akuma--and is bluffing by the same argument I'm using to suspect DD.

Anyways, our priority now is killing in the hopes of destroying Akuma before he Assimilates enough to defeat us.

Given wst's explicit ability to kill during the Night Phase, and the lack of other deaths last night, it seems reasonable to believe that the Evils can't murder at will every night unless they have someone with the ability. Which means they'll be relying on Assimilation, possibly targeting people like myself who are capable of killing (albeit with a condition, and only usable once, in my case). Or DD, who doesn't seem to have a condition.

All the more reason to be rid of him.

DD didn't say he tried to kill Dudley last night, he just said he used a night action on him. I'm inclined to believe this night action was investigation, since if it was killing him, the goal of his night action was accomplished. If he investigated Dudley, and then Dudley was killed during the night, he found out that Dudley was a bad guy, and that information doesn't mean anything now since Dudley is dead. 

Looks rather explicitly like a murder claim to me:

Yes I am going to claim I killed Wst. Despite me specifically saying he should've been voted off during the day and not targeted at night.

From how I read it, I think DayDay was being sarcastic.

Chun Li, stop having mood swings! You're confirming stereotypes about women! XD

Aside from that, I think I believe Nikkia's theory. It sounds highly plausible.

Ethereal and I were the only ones who suspected Dudley, so he wouldn't have been voted off. And I, at least, had no real reason for it.

Everyone else was after Honda and Ken.

Also, sarcasm doesn't transmit well through the internet. Especially for me; I'm a very straightforward, literal person.

I also read that sarcastically. I do not believe DayDreamer tried to kill Wst last night.

Even if DD did kill wst, it doesn't mean that Eth didn't also do so. Night actions of the same effect on the same target won't cancel each other out. So essentially they were both successful but it became redundant. Investigation is equally plausible but don't discount that they could both have had a kill night action.

The only thing that makes me suspect it wasn't dd performing a killing, is that it seems like a pretty powerful super to have. Unless he somehow unlocked his ultra.

Edit: also to alisyn. DD didn't voice his opinion of Dudley being a threat. That doesn't mean he did not suspect him. Especially if he planned to kill him anyway. In that position I would have suggested that the voters kill off someone else (in this case ryu) and then secretly take out wst as well, potentially getting two wins in 1 night assuming both suspicions were correct. While it didn't work out that way, I suspect this was dds reasoning.

Note that this tactic would have never worked if dd had openly went "hey guys kill someone else, don't kill wst because I a kill him with my night action, hurr durr" by revealing his intentions he would have laid foundations for the enemy to create a countermeasure.

Yes I was being sarcastic. I knew there's a chance people would not get it, but I knew also that others would get it and explain it , particularly my darling Cammy :wub:

At any rate yes fine, let's Read Ken then read me afterward. For the moment, that seems the productive thing to do.

DD is a good player, in case you newbies don't know. If he's a good guy, he's one you want to keep. Bear that in mind.

Didn't Eth say he'd headbutt Dudley?

I thought it was your plan, Kyo, that if he wasn't killed last day phase, he'd headbutt someone to get people to move their asses. And he said he'd bump Dudley, then.

Yeah he did. However for DD to go with that he had to trust Eth. So clearly he doesn't. Understandable. I didn't trust Eth either, although he did kill what I imagine is a pretty important bad guy, so I a let him slide for a bit. Although if I was Akuma I'd be taking Eth into my evil horde pronto since he has recently "redeemed" himself to a degree.

Nikkia's plan does seem to make the most sense at this point of time, although I still retain the suspicion that anyone could claim to have useful information and point us in the wrong direction for just 1 turn. Remember, if we have a villainous group who can both Kill and Assimilate in one night phase, buying time is very useful for them. Even if it's just 1 day.

But at this point of time we're pretty much just arguing in circles. I'm going to go with Reading Ken.

DD is a good player, in case you newbies don't know. If he's a good guy, he's one you want to keep. Bear that in mind.

By the way he is also a very nice guy, even if he likes to spin people around in circles in the mafia game. XDD