Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

[YOU LOSE!] HYPER STREET FIGHTER 7 MAFIA EDITION

579 posts in this topic

I thought it was your plan, Kyo, that if he wasn't killed last day phase, he'd headbutt someone to get people to move their asses. And he said he'd bump Dudley, then.

I either didn't see it or forgot. It's just so unintuitive to vote for one person, but decide if you don't win that vote you'll kill someone different by yourself.

Sasuga Honda-san.

If Akuma turns out to be someone who hasn't appeared on here at all like ack or Raine Bell then we'll probably end up slaughtering each other before anything happens, LOL. Especially since we seem to have given up on the old strategy of eliminating the quiet ones first.

I'm not against eliminating quiet ones. It's just a bit of a wildcard. It bears the risk that voting without any shred of information is a huge risk at this point. Every vote is crucial. It's impossible to gain facts in this game. So we have to rely on a little bit of intuition.

Now we have 12 left. The only person I can feel certain about is myself, obviously. The same goes for everyone. So, from everyone's

Perspective, there are 11 people who are potential threats.

We can assume that of the 14 we had total that 1 is Akuma. We can also assume that there are at least 3 villains, as M bisons ability requires for him to liaise with his allies, plural. There could be more than 3. I certainly hope not anyway.

So we can conclude that of the original 14, 4 are bad news and need to go. However there have been 2 night phases. So we can also safely assume that 2 have been turned evil. This means there are at least 6 threats of the total 14. One has been eliminated.

So of the remaining 12, 5 are a threat. 7 of us left. So if we do not kill an evil member tonight, it will be 6 versus 6 and we lose. If we kill a good guy, then it's 7 vs 5 and we lose. Do you guys understand now how even tying the votes on the first day was a huge mistake?

Now there is a possible shiny nugget here. M Bison was able to kill people, and his death stopped that from happening, or he did something else. This means that the other shadaloo might no be able to kill people every night phase. If that is the case we might have more of a fighting chance. However we should work under the assumption that they can kill us to be safe.

Furthermore Akuma isn't Shadaloo. So he might be assimilating the Shadaloo agents as well. So, to you Shadaloo guys, why don't you help us get this Akuma guy, hm?

I guess that might be too much to ask for.

At any rate those are the stakes. It looks bleak. That said even if we vote randomly, we still have a good chance of hitting the nail on the head and killing an evil.

The thing is even if we kill Shadaloo agents, we gain nothing, because for every night Akuma lives, another evil pops up. We need to take him out fast. So here are my suspicions. They are not fact, obviously. Just my opinion.

So Dan Hibiki. His character is a bit of a joke and this could be an attempt to make us underestimate him. At any rate if people agree he is suspicious, we should stop insulting him or we can't take him out even if we want to. Even if he is innocent, if he is assimilated he will become a big threat if we continue to insult him. I suggest we stop.

Chun Li. I'm not sure here. Maybe I'll have a better idea once we get a read. It could go either way. DD plays pretty consistently no matter what side he is on so he's hard to get a good read on.

Alisyn. I think revealing Akuma puts her in good stead. To reveal that to us wouldn't help Akumas goal at all. We can at least assume she is not assimilated. Although she might still be Shadaloo.

Ken. Nikkia is really pushing that she's a good guy and she's super useful so don't be stupid and kill her. I'm not sure if this is earnest or a poor attempt to avoid being caught out. Again let's wait for this read.

As for E. Honda. What does it matter to Akuma to take out Bison? Especially if it makes him look reliable. I still don't trust this guy.

The rest I don't have much to say on. However I want to see us being united. To that effort, I will support the group. If the majority want a specific person gone, I will support them in that action for the good of the team.

Aww, my favorite insulter is gone. :( To say that I'm innocent would be useless, so I'm not gonna do that. But Akuma isn't Shadaloo? How does that work? I'm not too familiar with Street Fighter lore, but Sanzi did say that knowing the lore isn't important for this game. Do you think there might be two conflicting evil sides?

If that's the case, what's our win condition? To kill all Shadaloo members? Is Akuma even evil? Or could he be a neutral faction?

Anyway, I agree with you that we shouldn't remain passive and wait for things to happen. But following up from the things I said last post, I'm going to put my vote with ack because she hasn't said a word at all. For people who talk in the thread, it's easier for us to analyse their words and find suspicious activity about them. But as for people who remain silent, they could potentially get away with being a villain. So I'll go with ack until Nikkia or DD reveals something new.

Alisyn. I think revealing Akuma puts her in good stead. To reveal that to us wouldn't help Akumas goal at all. We can at least assume she is not assimilated.

My objection there stems from the fact we don't know how Alisyn would play when evil, because she was good the last and only time she has played. It is possible she is guilty but revealed that truthfully, knowing that it would remove basically all suspicion from her. It'd be a risky and cunning move, and while I don't think it's likely for people to be so daring, Alisyn may be that type of player to do that.

The assumption that you, Kyo, were innocent in the superhero game (because the bad guys tried to kill you initially), led to you escaping suspicion for the rest of the game, at great cost to the good guys. So while I'm not suggesting we kill Alisyn, I urge that we be wary of giving people too much exemption from suspicion.

As a note to Sean, I think it'd be really handy for this game and future mafia games if when you began each Day phase, you could edit the first post with a link to the day phase post, that way we can easily skip to the start of each day and review the events of each day. It's a bit of work going back trying to find where each day began (which I was looking for to see dead character abilities).

On the subject of M. Bison being disguised as Dudley, I suppose that explains the lack of some other notable characters, such as Zangief and Vega. In fact, those are the only two notable enough that it's odd they're not included, so they could be the remaining villains, which would fit Kyo's 3 villain theory nicely. Though that doesn't necessarily say anything.

It does seem from the way Sean formatted Dudley/Bison's abilities (that is, he put Dudley's moves in, then Bison's were in parentheses) that Dudley may have been an actual proper innocent character initially, and when choosing villains Sean overlayed the Bison details, such that Dudley may have been able to give his innocent abilities if he'd been Read. Being considerate of that is important, as people's revealed abilities may be their innocent ones, while their true villain abilities remain hidden in addition. Especially because with the Street Fighter theme, if people have to make up abilities to cover for their villain abilities, they'd have to actually go look up what their innocent persona's proper moves are, and devise abilities fitting with the character's lore. Which is to say, too much effort and difficulty that it would disadvantage anyone not familiar with Street Fighter. So I do think it likely Sean gave everyone innocent abilities, then slapped villain ones on top, so that everyone would be able to lie equally when Read.

Alternatively though, he just gave them innocent ability names and left them to lie about the effects if Read.

EDIT:

Also I knew I saw someone mention Vega before:

There's no sense in the defendant trying to defend himself, so I'll cease with that for now. Any target's as good as any after all, I guess.

Since my vote is largely redundant now with 4 stacked against me,

Withdrawing my vote from Dudley. Instead, Vega

Who did you think was Vega?

I either didn't see it or forgot. It's just so unintuitive to vote for one person, but decide if you don't win that vote you'll kill someone different by yourself.

It's not so unintuitive to kill by yourself the person that you wanted to vote off but wasn't (ostensibly because the rest were too busy trying to off you >.>).

You all can try and vote me off if you've no better targets. I've had my release at least, so I wouldn't feel too bad. Just don't end up like last time. It's a sub-optimal move, by the way. I can't prove that I'm not a Shadaloo agent, but you know for sure that I'm not Akuma.

EDIT: Wooo, ninja'd by DD. In case you didn't know, Alisyn accidentally let slip Akuma's name earlier. Kyo and I saw it before she edited it. Seanzi didn't want us telling anyone what we saw, but I checked with him that it was okay to name-drop out of the blue a random villain's name. So I did what I could to suggest the double-identity nature of this game, hoping that someone will pick up on it. It seemed very likely to me that Alisyn will die that night, having revealed her Super.

Yeah I thought Akuma would be a Shadaloo agent too. Or maybe Shadaloo aren't the only Evil people around.

Anyway yeahhhh, looking forward to having Nikkia read.

I swear, I have no clue why DD keeps trying to throw suspicion onto me. This is why I find him entirely suspicious and have been trying to kill him.

It makes no sense that I'm Akuma and am the only person who can reveal myself, according to my ability. I would posit that, unlike the Swarm Mystery, there is no way to discover people's abilities through an ability in this game, as it would otherwise have been simple to check me and reveal my critical information. As such, it would be easy as fuck for me to lie through my teeth about my Super and silently Assimilate everyone. Especially when they're going off a high from killing bad guys. They'd think they were winning while it couldn't be further from the truth. Especially as I'd personally target people like Honda, who would have placed himself largely above suspicion by killing Dudley, if not for the information I held. Also because he's hard as hell to kill, and would thus make a good ally.

I do think he'll be Assimilated eventually, but I don't see the point in killing him at this point, since we should be targeting Akuma. Unless you guys think he's Akuma. Which I don't. No real reason, just intuition.

Also, yes, I did let the name Akuma accidentally slip in my initial reveal because I have no knowledge of the canon. I assumed that he was the head of the bad guys and that anyone versed in the series would naturally assume he was playing in disguise. I didn't edit my post to redact that information; Sean did.

I said, a while back, that my information revealed that we could lose in four turns. Of course, this was rather faulty given my incorrect understanding that the Shadaloo and Akuma were working together, or, rather, were one and the same. In all honesty, I thought the game would start with only Akuma as the Evil/head of Shadaloo, recruiting Shadaloo through Assimilation and together killing people.

But my reasoning went like this: one person would be killed and one person would be Assimilated every night. Assuming we were worthless at killing during the day (an assumption that has yet to prove false), the numbers would change from 1 evil/14 living to 2/13, 3/12, 4/11, 5/10.

Now, though, it seems that the Shadaloo may have lost their ability to kill easily? That's not to say that they no longer pose a threat; maybe they have locked abilities to kill, or another way to endanger us. But we're equally in danger because the numbers were skewed from the beginning (see Kyo's post). Akuma and Shadaloo may not be on the same side, but they're both against the World Warriors. I find it hard to believe that Akuma would have just happened to Assimilate the two presumed Shadaloo--random statistics place it at probably one, if any--which means we are currently likely facing at least four evil, up to five: Akuma, one Assimilated Shadaloo, one Assimilated Warrior, one Shadaloo. With 7-8 Warriors left, we have a slim chance... if we kill people properly.

So as for my suspicions:

TriOctium (Dan Hibiki!): I find the idea of a joke character suspicious, which is why I haven't been playing along with insulting Dan. His real second ability could be to Assimilate others. It could just as easily be killing people at night after his boss's death or some other condition. Maybe Sean did write his supposed Super, but it was supposed to be part of what he claimed to be his Ultra, broken up into two "abilities" to hide one. Also, his waffling in killing last round was weird.

Kyo (Gen!): No sufficient information. With his helpfulness, seems to be playing the Good side, but could easily be a front.

HerculeHastings (Cammy!): No sufficient information.

ack! (Crimson Viper!): No sufficient information.

Etereality (E. Honda!): Not Shadaloo, unlikely Akuma, high chance of becoming Assimilated.

rubberrazors (Blanka!): No sufficient information.

Nikkia (Ken!): No sufficient information.

Alisyn (Ryu!): Innocent (but of course I'll say that). Useless, honestly--my Super is revealed, and until the Shadaloo can kill again or the Assimilated do, no way I can use my Ultra. Which means they won't kill Ken, and unless we suspect Ken of being evil, I won't support attempts to kill him solely to unlock my Ultra. I'll probably end up virtually sitting out again and waiting for the resolution.

Pain (Sagat!): No sufficient information.

DayDreamer (Chun Li!): By far the most suspicious. If I need to explain why, I give up.

Raine Bell (Guile!): No sufficient information.

Zien (Dhalsim!): No sufficient information.

Kyo (Gen!): No sufficient information. With his helpfulness, seems to be playing the Good side, but could easily be a front.

DayDreamer (Chun Li!): By far the most suspicious. If I need to explain why, I give up.

I am generally helpful even when I am a bad guy. I'm not trying to imply that I'm bad on this occasion but I tend to play the same good or bad. It's a better option for me in the long run. Don't for a minute think helpful = good guy. 

Also yes I think you need to explain why DD is the most suspicious. I think he's as likely as anyone else, of course, but I think mostly you're just suspicious of him because he's pointing the finger at you. Which isn't a great reason, put it that way. 

The file name says chewing, apparently. It was for lack of words.

But I've figured out what to say now.

I am not throwing suspicion onto Alisyn. I've not suggested she's done something evil or is evil, and certainly not that she's Akuma.

I'm just making sure she doesn't try to remove herself from the list of suspects. People have caused great damage and/or won past games by managing to lull everyone into the idea they can't possibly be a bad guy.

So if I'm a villain for trying to ensure past mistakes don't repeat themselves, so be it.

It's BECAUSE he keeps pointing at me.

With my initial hints at my Super, he preferred to kill me to get my information instead of seeking out an Evil to kill. Never changed his vote, even after Sean revealed that killing me wouldn't reveal the information I held. Which we now know to be critical for the World Warriors, if you take it to be true. If he's Akuma and suspected I knew about him (especially how everyone was saying Ryu must be important to the game), it makes sense that he'd want to silence me. That's why I was convinced I'd die last night, because I thought Akuma was capable of killing as well as Assimilating, as I mentioned previously. Note also that he only voted for me after I said it wasn't a game-breaker, "damned-if-you-do, damned-if-you-don't" situation for the Evil, not when I first revealed that my death would presumably reveal my information.

After I revealed my redacted Super, his argument about how I could be lying about the condition to reveal made no sense. Needing a Good to die to reveal is as good as no condition at all in Mafia. If I wanted to lie, I didn't have to invent a condition to do so; it would be much simpler not to. And again, taking my Akuma information to be true, what would be the point of lying about the condition to reveal it? To give Alisyn-Akuma more time to Assimilate? I would have created a harder condition, then--like, kill two Evil. Or even an impossible one like Sakura had to be alive when I'm Read to reveal.

And now, after my reveal which turns me useless, in addition to the reasoning above, he's still trying to focus people's attention on me, potentially diverting it from somewhere else. I don't pose a threat to anyone until Ken's killed, which has already been repeatedly reiterated that won't happen by the Evil, and the Good can RNG just as well as I can solo. So there's little need to kill or Assimilate me, just like in the Swarm Mystery. Except to bring down the numbers of the Good into the 6-6/5-7 situation you were talking about, Kyo.

Well. Just wanted to say that if I really was Akuma and wanted to hide myself, I'd come up with a better lie than to make myself look suspicious with a useless skill like Legendary Taunt. There's no reason for me to reveal something like that other than to tell the truth, right?

Food for thought.

EDIT: To add, if you find the idea of a joke character suspicious, that's because you don't know Sanzi well enough. He just wants to watch me make a fool of myself. >: (

Enough powers, enough conditions, it is time for the only true power.

Democracy!

Just noticed this. I hope you didn't mean US Democracy. It's famously slow and deliberative.

I suppose at the risk of spoiling potential future strategizing, I'll explain.

I voted for you initially because I wanted to see how you would react to it. There were many potential suspects and for certain reasons I needed to try to push some people to see if their reactions would give me some clues or at least hunches in order to narrow my potential targets.

In the end I deemed you and the others likely innocent, which was why I ended up regrettably wasting my action on Dudley, who I mistakenly thought was forgotten about that day but still shady.

Since then it's just been you saying you're innocent because X reasons, and me saying X reasons don't necessarily prove your innocence beyond doubt.

I'd be happy to settle it: all I've wanted from you is for you to acknowledge that there is a chance you're not an innocent. Just a chance.

I don't want to vote for you today even. I'm actually with you on Dan, and find that a useless joke character is somewhat unlikely. And if he is just a joke, then the biggest punch line would be if he turns out to be Akuma. Akuma is like one of the best characters in the game, I wouldn't put it past Sean to assign him to the joke of a character that is Dan.

But still, I'm waiting till we get Kens Read before I do any voting.

I'm not sure what abilities you have, DD, but if you can Investigate players like what Nikkia is guessing, I invite you to Investigate me, just so you can see my joke abilities. There's no other way I can prove my innocence, and I'm enjoying this game too much to die just yet. Sanzi gave me a useless character as a challenge, and I intend to prove him wrong by winning this game.

Just wanted to point out that you guys seemed to agree on the fact that we shouldn't be judging people on their abilities, yet seem to think that I'm evil based on mine.

The only reason we're all squabbling here is cuz Blanka still hasn't revealed herself even though she has been allowed to, and Ken's waiting for the okay to reveal herself.

I propose we hold off any speculations till these 2 are settled. Seanzi, will it be soon? I still want to cast my second Read vote.

The only reason we're all squabbling here is cuz Blanka still hasn't revealed herself even though she has been allowed to, and Ken's waiting for the okay to reveal herself.

I propose we hold off any speculations till these 2 are settled. 

This, and she still needs to post in DnD.

RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR.

I'm not sure what abilities you have, DD, but if you can Investigate players like what Nikkia is guessing, I invite you to Investigate me, just so you can see my joke abilities. There's no other way I can prove my innocence, and I'm enjoying this game too much to die just yet. Sanzi gave me a useless character as a challenge, and I intend to prove him wrong by winning this game.

Just wanted to point out that you guys seemed to agree on the fact that we shouldn't be judging people on their abilities, yet seem to think that I'm evil based on mine.

It's not so much that you are evil more that you are a potential risk. your invincibility doesn't save you from assimilation. If you were assimilated and we went on without considering it and keeping on insulting you, we'd be letting a bad guy be invincible. You see?

I have a nagging suspicion that everyone arguing here is actually Good, and the real Shadaloo agents/Akuma minions are the ones keeping quiet.

Anyway if it will keep you guys from feeling threatened by me, you guys can just stop insulting me to disable my invulnerability. I haven't been insulted at all this phase so I can be killed this Night Phase.

I'm going to go with your vote for Crimson Viper/ack today which gives her 2 votes. Regardless of whether she's a good guy or not she isn't contributing so she isn't helping. 

Haven't got a better target in mind yet, so Crimson Viper (ack) is as good as target as any. Maybe it'll prompt her to unleash a flurry of revelations again like she did in Superheroes. 8D

If the tide changes, I'll shift my vote accordingly. I'm tired of seeing gridlocks too.