Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

[YOU LOSE!] HYPER STREET FIGHTER 7 MAFIA EDITION

579 posts in this topic

I have really no suspicions as of now for anyone so I'm gonna vote that chun li to be read and crimson viper to be killed. (I shall color and bold later when at a computer).

My reasons are simply because chun li's posts are beginning to get a tad confusing for me and viper since she's awfully quiet

I agree with Octy that i'm quite sure all the active posters right now are good people.

That said, not picking on Ack yet. Still waiting for Read resultssss.

Here is Seantetsu with an update 2.5 hours before the end of the first Read votes~

votes for Killvotes for Read Dan Hibiki voted for C. Viper and Ken!
votes for Killvotes for Read - Gen voted for C. Viper and Ken!
votes for Killvotes for Read - Cammy voted for Nobody and Ken!
votes for Killvotes for Read - Crimson Viper voted for Nobody and Nobody!
votes for Killvotes for Read - E. Honda voted for C. Viper and Ken!
votes for Killvotes for Read - Blanka voted for Nobody and Nobody!
votes for Killvotes for Read - Ken voted for Cammy and Ken!
votes for Killvotes for Read - Ryu voted for Chun Li and Ken!
votes for Killvotes for Read - Sagat voted for Nobody and Nobody!
votes for Killvotes for Read - Chun Li voted for Nobody and Ken!
votes for Killvotes for Read - Guile voted for C. Viper and Chun Li!

votes for Killvotes for Read - Dhalsim voted for Nobody and Nobody!

Sean's really bustin' my balls here, I'm so anxious hehe.

I'm keeping my kill vote on Cammy. My reveal will clear up why. 

Sweet, okay here we go. I couldn't decide if I was going to share my Ultra or not, because it's pretty much bad news for the bad guys, however I decided to because well.. why not? 

CBtTCsE.jpg

Super: Shoryureppa - During Night Phases you can protect one person. If successful the person who failed their Move will not be able to use their Specials for 1 round.
Ultra: Shinryuken - If you successfully manage to fend off a Kill the person who performed the Kill Night Move will die instead. Only active after 1 successful Shoryureppa.

It seemed very likely to me that Alisyn will die that night, having revealed her Super.

It seemed likely to me, as well, last night phase that Ryu would be targeted to be killed, having revealed what his Ultra was. So I opted to protect him. Then, this Day Phase, we have only one death which was a bad guy. Initially I was convinced that someone who started the "Ken's gotta go" vote planned to kill me during the day and take out Ryu during the night, before he had the opportunity to use his Ultra. However, last day phase the vote didn't go through, so still choosing to take out Ryu seemed kind of strange to me (since, in the following day they could just say "WE GOTTA CLEAR UP THIS RYU/KEN SITUATION!" which they now would not be able to do with Ryu's death). Also, to note, my Super says I can protect one person per night from a move, likely including assimilation. The first night phase, I used my Super on Dan Hibiki and the second night phase I used my Super on Ryu, which means the possibility of these two being assimilated is less so than everyone else.

I do think Ryu was targeted to be killed last night, and is still alive because I used my Super on him. This would mean that whoever targeted him to be killed, cannot target someone else next night phase, or use any other ability they would have during this day and night.

Aww, Ken! I love you too. <3

In a bromance kinda way. xDD

But that leaves us with a rather tricky situation as well. First...

I do think Ryu was targeted to be killed last night, and is still alive because I used my Super on him. This would mean that whoever targeted him to be killed, cannot target someone else next night phase, or use any other ability they would have during this day and night.

If Ryu was targeted to be killed, and Ken protected him, the attempted murderer should have died via Ken's Ultra. We noted that it was weird that nobody besides Dudley was killed last night... It seems perfectly legitimate that, unless Nikkia is lying, Ryu was targeted (because he was honestly one of the most conspicuous/dangerous targets to the Evil, what with all my protestations of important information that wouldn't be revealed upon my death) and that Ken not only stopped it but also killed Dudley. Which then raises the question of whether Honda was taking credit for a kill that wasn't his, or if both of them tag-teamed Dudley. Or that Nikkia is lying and doesn't have the exact ability she claims.

/just covering all my bases

Also, this unfortunately means that Ken may soon be untrustable, since it is likely Akuma will target him to prevent him from protecting other people. But on the flip side, highly unlikely he's Akuma or Shadaloo if his abilities aren't falsified, so we should turn our attention to other suspects.

And according to the verbal agreement whatever thing, I vote to Read Chun Li.

No, I think you misread. My Ultra is only activated after one successful Super, which was last night's. My next successful Super will result in my Ultra activating, causing the person who attempted to kill someone to die instead. 

Eh. I'm reading it differently. But I see what you're saying. You probably shouldn't have revealed it, then. xD

I used my Super on Dan Hibiki the first night, unsuccessfully. So last night was my first successful Super, I didn't know there was another way to read it D: 

Also, I considered not sharing my Ultra, but I didn't think it mattered too much because with my Super revealed alone the bad guys are thinking one of two things

1. We have to be careful that we don't target the same person that Ken is protecting, so as to not waste a night phase; or

2. We have to kill Ken

These two things don't really change with my Ultra revealed.

I'm reading it as your Ultra was (presumably) activated last night and could thus be used immediately. But maybe I'm carrying over from the Swarm, where after being Assimilated, the Assimilated could move immediately instead of waiting to the next Night Phase. /shrug

With just your Super, the chances of them targeting the same person you're protecting is unlikely, except in the case of an obvious person like me last round. Except with your Super revealed, it would be a huge bluff situation of whether you guys would go after the most obvious targets or the less obvious ones. Whereas if you kept the Ultra secret, you could just protect yourself until one of them tried to kill you to break the stalemate, and then you'd kill him. xD

Well, I guess we'll see if anyone dies tonight/tomorrow to figure out if any Shadaloo besides Dudley could kill. But I'm inclined to think that, at least while he was alive, he was the only one. Otherwise, they could log multiple kills per night and win really easily. Though I'm not discounting an ability to kill that unlocks when he dies.

If my Ultra activates immediately, upon my first successful Super resulting in a kill the first time I am successful, I don't think it would make sense that it would even mention "only activates after one successful Super." Also, it would make sense that there are conditions I have to meet prior to my Ultra activating, such as, I have to get one prediction right and my second one results in a kill. Otherwise, my Super and Ultra would activate simultaneously and that doesn't seem to be the trend in this game.

I think, (and no offence intended, baddies!) it was a rookie move to try to kill you last night. "Obvious" is always a silly way to go, in my opinion. If they continue to play obviously, making successful guesses in the night phase will be a piece of cake.

Edit: Also, my super stipulates as well that, "If successful the person who failed their Move will not be able to use their Specials for 1 round," which would mean that not every successful Super will result in a kill. 

Wow, now that's an skill-testing ability set you have! E Honda very impressed.

Just to clarify, you mean you're not sure if your Ultra's activated? You're using quite a number of 'ifs'. I know I didn't get a PM from Seanzi or anything formally  telling me my Ultra was unlocked, but I assumed that was cuz I PM'd him so soon after he closed the Day phase. SEANZI.

EDIT: Ken, don't answer that question. No one needs to know. Just wait for Seanzi to clarify, I think.

Alisyn and I were just talking about ways to interpret my abilities, which I read that I have to successfully use my Super one time before my Ultra will activate, which will happen the second time I've successfully used my Super.

I suppose it could be read another way, even though my Super does state that if used successfully then the bad guy won't be able to use his abilities for one turn, but this could mean that if someone tried to say... assimilate the person I'm protecting, that's when this goes into effect and every time I manage to fend off a kill specifically, the killer is killed in turn. 

I think it could be interpreted a number of ways, which is why I'm saying if. I'm waiting for clarification from Sean. :) 

I'm probably just overthinking. I'm sure you're right. I just confused myself.

Five hours of sleep does that to a person.

HMMM...so Ken has pretty much raised more questions than she's answered. 

Aight well my kill vote remains with Crimson Viper. 

I'm keeping my kill vote on Cammy. My reveal will clear up why. 

Just realized that you didn't really clear up this bit.

Vote to expos- I mean, Read Chun Li.

Aw, you're killing my Ackbaby.

:(

I know it isn't personal, but stiiiiiill

Just realized that you didn't really clear up this bit.

Vote to expos- I mean, Read Chun Li.

Whoops. I was voting for Cammy because she started the whole "let's kill Ken in effort to clear up the Ken/Ryu situation and/or make Ryu as useful as possible" trend. I thought it was weird that she wanted to get rid of Ken before even reading me and I thought the whole "clear up Ken/Ryu situation" was bogus as it's a safe assumption Ryu and I started as the same alliance (maybe he's been assimilated though, can't really speak for that). I do think the plan was to vote-kill Ken yesterday, and kill Ryu during the night (the latter part of the plan seems to have been attempted at least). 

I think that's a stretch. You said yourself Ryu was the obvious target and it was a poor choice to target him when you could easily guess to protect him. So I don't think the attempt on him was part of any larger plan. Moreover the idea of trying to get Ken voted off during the day would seem pointlessly difficult to even attempt as part of such a plan.

Anyway I know Cammy is innocent because reasons. Speaking of which, time to vote to Read Chun-Li.

Moreover the idea of trying to get Ken voted off during the day would seem pointlessly difficult to even attempt as part of such a plan.

I don't really think it's that "pointlessly difficult," considering I was one vote away from death last day phase, initiated by Cammy. 

I'll consider your ~reasons~ once you've been read.

I vote to Read Chun Li second as well.

Anyway I understand the reasoning behind Nikkia's paranoia. However, really, all I wanted to do was to offer someone that we could vote off. Kyo was like all "we should vote somebody off" and Octy did mention that it didn't make sense to choose E Honda cuz it was so difficult to vote him off anyway. That's why I settled on Ken since Ken provides a more certain benefit to us, whether he turns out to be good or bad.