Followers 0
Seanzilla

[YOU LOSE!] HYPER STREET FIGHTER 7 MAFIA EDITION

579 posts in this topic

Just an update for clarification. 

Vote to read Chun Li

Vote to Kill Crimson Viper

I vote to Read Chun Li second as well.

Anyway I understand the reasoning behind Nikkia's paranoia. However, really, all I wanted to do was to offer someone that we could vote off. Kyo was like all "we should vote somebody off" and Octy did mention that it didn't make sense to choose E Honda cuz it was so difficult to vote him off anyway. That's why I settled on Ken since Ken provides a more certain benefit to us, whether he turns out to be good or bad.

Yeah, that makes sense, I suppose. I think the bad guys are going to assimilate people who are already read, to gain the most useful good guys on their team. We should keep in mind that just because someone is read, doesn't exempt them from badness. 

Sanzi, we should fast-forward the Day Phase. I think everyone's done discussing for today, and we're all just waiting on Chun Li's Read, unless someone else has something to add to the discussion.

I vote for myself too. I haven't really had time to invest in this game. Sorry guys.

I vote for myself too. I haven't really had time to invest in this game. Sorry guys.

Annoying thing about Mafia is you have to wonder whether if this is a ruse too.

I kid. Sorry to hear that, ack.

It's not. I don't really understand how this game is working, and have only read the first few pages. If I'm in the lead for voting off, can you guys end the day phase and kill me? :O

It's not. I don't really understand how this game is working, and have only read the first few pages. If I'm in the lead for voting off, can you guys end the day phase and kill me? :o

The issue here is that we are kinda in trouble a bit. If we kill you off and you're innocent there's a good chance we lose by the time the next day phase comes round. 

Day Round III ends.

Oh, you finally decided to kill someone? Okay kiddos, let me... Just let me Shoryuken C. Viper for you guys. I don't think children should play around with dangerous martial arts techniques.

Oh. Wow. Seems like C. Viper was actually Juni! Why is there a Street Fighter Alpha character among you guys? Oh well. For the people who didn't know; Juni is a member of The Dolls, M. Bison's elite bodyguard/assassin unit. Guess you got another one of the Shadaloo guys, good for you. I'll promote you back to being World Warriors now.

Her Moves were:

Super: Emergency Combination - You can send 3 messages to anyone you want, but only after M. Bison recruits you.
Ultra: Burst Time - You can pick one character and investigate him, revealing everything there is to reveal about that character, only available if Cammy, Guile or Chun Li are dead. (1 Use)

Night Round III begins

The Night Round will last for 24 hours. Sweet dreams.

Day Round IV begins

Dawn of a new day and Seantetsu is bored. Nothing happened last night!

Day Round III ends in 48 hours, the first Round of Read votes ends in 24 hours. Also Chun Li is allowed to reveal her moves now!

Survivors:

TriOctium (Dan Hibiki!)
Wstfgl (Dudley/M. Bison!)
Kyo (Gen!)
HerculeHastings (Cammy!)
ack! (Crimson Viper!) 
Etereality (E. Honda!)
rubberrazors (Blanka!)
Nikkia (Ken!)
DemonicGate (Sakura!)
Alisyn (Ryu!)
Pain (Sagat!)
DayDreamer (Chun Li!)
Raine Bell (Guile!)

Zien (Dhalsim!)

Well, first thing I wanted to say was I TOLD YOU SO. I had a gut feeling that one of the villains was being inactive. In the Swarm Mystery and Val's game before that, we were introduced with so many new abilities that we forgot about our original idea of taking out the quiet ones first. See where that got us now! :D

Anyway, if nothing happened tonight again, I'm guessing one of two possibilities could have happened. 1) The villains really lost their ability to kill at night, or 2) Nikkia successfully protected someone again. But if it were case #2, the villain would have died, right? So it's quite unlikely to be the case. Or it could be 3) Nikkia protected someone on one of the nights, and the villains didn't use a killing action on the other night. Those are the possibilities I can see right now. Do you guys have any other things to add?

Also I thought it would be cool to summarize our findings so far, for sake of convenience. I'll also put down here my opinions on everyone's alignments. This isn't taking into account the possibility of Akuma Assimilating everyone, so I'm merely considering the Shadaloo side of the equation first. Also these are just my opinions so please don't bombard me on this! :)

TriOctium (Dan Hibiki!) - Innocent because, well, I'm me.
Wstfgl (Dudley/M. Bison!) - Evil.
Kyo (Gen!) - Unsure. As mentioned, Kyoko is generally helpful whether he's good or evil. He doesn't want to reveal his abilities.
HerculeHastings (Cammy!) - Unsure, but suspicious. Not because of anything she's done, but because I've seen her play as the Swarm Host and know just how devious she can be while maintaining a facade of innocence. I'M WATCHING YOU  :blink: 

ack! (Crimson Viper!) - Evil.
Etereality (E. Honda!) - Innocent because he is the most likely person who killed Wst (and nobody has contradicted his claim yet). Also his playing style is similar to how he was playing the Natural-Born Genius in my game while he was still a Scientist.
rubberrazors (Blanka!) - Unsure. She was Read but is too busy to reveal her abilities. WHERE ARE YOU SUNNI
Nikkia (Ken!) - Unsure, but most probably Innocent. Unlike Eth, your ability hasn't been "proven" yet by real results. It's difficult to do that, I understand, so I'm just marking you down as an Innocent for now.
DemonicGate (Sakura!)Innocent.
Alisyn (Ryu!) - Innocent because she was willing to vote herself out, and she possesses information about Akuma which changes the game for the Innocents. I think Sanzi meant for her role to be the "saviour" of sorts. Makes sense, since Ryu's the protagonist of Street Fighter.
Pain (Sagat!) - Unsure. Haven't been participating much.
DayDreamer (Chun Li!) Unsure. Most probably will be revealing his abilities this Day Phase, since he's been Read.
Raine Bell (Guile!) - Unsure. Haven't been participating much.

Zien (Dhalsim!) - Unsure. Haven't been participating much.

So yeah, these are just my thoughts on the matter on hand now. If anyone has anything to comment or add-on, do go ahead. As for the Akuma situation, it's actually really hard because unlike the Swarm Mystery, we don't have a real way of checking who's been Assimilated and who hasn't (unless DD or someone else has an ability like that). So I'm currently at a loss about how we're going to approach the situation.

Anyway, while waiting for DD I'm going to place my Read vote on Cammy (HH)

Well i must agree that taking out the quiet ones does have its benefits, especially when we've so many quiet ones this time. >.>

Anyway, i take Octy's suspicion of me as a compliment. XD i must say, though, that you guys should consider Ack's ability. As a villain, she only activates her Ultra if Guile, Chun Li or Cammy die. Of course, there's still the possibility of villains pitting against each other, but it's likely that at least 2 out of 3 would be good.

Also yes i'm quite sure detectives exist somewhere in this game.

I vote to Read Dhalsim (that's Zien, right?). I've a gut feeling he's somehow suspicious.

Uh, I don't think if there's any point in Reading Dhalsim (Zien). He's either not playing or playing low-key. If it's the former, he won't be back to reveal his abilities even if the vote passes. If it's the latter, he has no reason to break his strategy and suddenly appear now. If you want to pressure him to come online in the latter scenario, vote to kill him. Now that no one's dying at night (thanks to MEEEEEEE), we have more room to maneuver.

I'm trying to understand why Seanzi would put in an obscure villain like Juri. She's just one of the many Dolls that M Bison made and there are better ones like Seth. Maybe he gave his crotch a say in designing this game. =.=

Anyway, I noticed that Juri got shafted - both her abilities are locked by conditions. Also, it's the second time that recruitment/rendezvous has been mentioned, yet M Bison's abilities did not state how this link-up is done. I suspect that like the Stars Wars version, there's another villain right from the start with the detective ability that can seek out these "padawans". Not sure what we can do with this possibility though.

Vote to Read Cammy. Might as well enable the people who are playing the game.

Tri I participate enough to vote for someone. I'd say that's more than what pain and zien have done but that's besides the point. Since my name was mentioned with cammy and chun li I'm curious as to the connection. Chun li is revealing today hopefully so I vote to read cammy next.

Juni!

Not Juri!

One is a sexy Doll and the other is a crazy Korean... DIFFERENCES!

Raine Bell: Well when I put unsure it's cuz you don't really do much in the game other than vote for people, so it's quite hard to decipher your alignment. Not that you're certainly Evil, just that there's nothing to place you on either side just yet. And besides, all of your votes so far have been riding the bandwagon, which is actually something that a Villain is more likely to do than an Innocent.

Let's not get to thinking we are in the clear. Whilst people aren't being killed in the Noght phase, we are no further forward. Sure we killed an evil, great job, this is what we can accomplish if we work together! However while "nothing" happened in the Night Phase, it is likely that another of us has been assimilated. So we are no stronger for our victory, we have lost another to Akuma to compensate for our killing an evil.

I worked out that there were at least 5 potential threats yesterday, and seven good guys (Any higher and it would have been a stalemate and thus a lose for us if previous games are to go by) and we have taken out a threat. However in turn we have had one of our own taken from us. So the threats still remain at 5, but our side is down to 6. However we could argue that Shadaloo are bad guys, but no more than corrupt people of ambition. Whereas Akuma is evil. It is likely that the two forces are not allied.

So I would say we probably have 1 Shadaloo agent left. However there are now 3 assimilated and Akuma himself. Perhaps Akuma assimilated the remaining Shadaloo agent one night. If he had then that would help us, as that person is a two birds one stone kill. It would also mean that there are only 4 threats as opposed to 5. This is the best case scenario though.

Worst case is there are 5 threats. Even if we kill the remaining Shadaloo today, another of us will become assimilated in the night phase. This means our team of 6 becomes 5, matched up against 5 assimilated. So the goal we should push for is to vote off who we think is Akuma. A vote for anything else at this point is a waste.

Hello, hello! I have another super big expose about Akuma! This information was obtained at great risk to my life and well-being, so please don't let all my efforts go to waste! (Read: Last night, I was Assimilated.)

Of course, this is a gamble to stay alive in the hopes that y'all take the reasonable course and try to hunt down Akuma instead of wasting time picking off his underlings while he continues to Assimilate everyone. Though it's also a delay tactic if you do decide to pick off underlings. Unlike Ethereal during the last game, though, I'm acting independently (this will be explained below) and won't taunt you all with empty promises. This is everything I know, so if you figure that I'm a risk after this, it's only reasonable that you vote me off, though doing so doesn't have much value in my eyes. I understand if you can't trust what I say, but I'm going to say it anyway.

In short, Ryu is conflicted by loyalty to his former friends and to Akuma, so he's struggling to reconcile himself and supporting both sides. xD

First, I am aware of Akuma's fake identity (as are any other Assimilated, I'd presume), but I am forbidden to reveal or otherwise hint at it, upon pain of neglect from Sean.

Second, Akuma is such a useless villain that he doesn't even have a way to contact his subordinates outside of the game thread (unlike the Shadaloo, I believe... at least, after M Bison recruits them). By the same token, the Assimilated are entirely unaware of each others' identities. Well, besides me now, but everyone knows about me. xD

Third, Assimilation changes your alignment to Evil (but that's probably obvious?). It also alters win conditions (though I guess that's also obvious?)--mine changed from destroying all Evil to I win if Akuma does. I realize that makes it harder to trust my information, but again, that's your prerogative. If you think I'm lying, maybe you'll find clues to the "truth" in what I've written. In addition, it may be able to change your abilities; my Ultra is now:

Messatsu-Goshoryu - Kill anyone either Ken or Sakura have previously voted for during the Night Phase. Will only work if they don't have their Ultras available. (1 Use.)

My Super remained the same, though I don't know if that's true for all Assimilated or if it's just because mine was information-based.

As a show of good faith, I will allow you all to decide the target of my (rather limited) ability, if you so desire. As I don't know who my allies are, going after someone randomly wouldn't be much different if I did it or you guys did. Why do I always get the useless characters? xD

And I would advise you not to believe in anyone else who claims to be Assimilated, as it could be Akuma masquerading as not to avoid being targeted if y'all are going to focus exclusively on pinning him down.

As for my actions from now on (re: Reading/Killing), I will be going with majority rule.

I don't even remember whom Ken or Sakura voted for. I believe Sakura voted for E Honda on the first Day Phase before he died. As for Ken, er, Ken, can you enlighten us whom you voted for again? XD

Anyway it seems sad that Seanzi doesn't tell us when someone has been Assimilated. It was much easier in the Swarm Mystery cuz the numbers were out there for all to see. Right now we're really more in the dark.

Also I guess I agree with Ether that voting to Read Zien doesn't work. You guys can vote for me, I guess, though I assure you that you're not doing me a favour doing so. Like Kyo, I don't particularly care for revealing it. But sure, I don't mind either.

Voting to Kill Dhalsim then cuz I've no idea who can possibly be Akuma anyway.

I know Ken voted for you twice, Cammy. xD

But Honda is safe from me because, assuming he did use it as he claimed, his Ultra is now "unavailable."

But I don't remember anything else. I'll probably trawl through the thread later to check.

Later being a few minutes later. She also voted for Honda once.

Edited by Alisyn

Alisyn if your win condition is that you win if Akuma does, then why the hell would you try to help us? That whole explanation stinks. I shant be trusting it in the slightest. As for who to vote off next. Well I guess Ryu can kill off Cammy is that's what he wants to do. Who am I to question the decisions of an assimilated ex-World Warrior.

I have a suspicion that Timey is Akuma. Not really for any major reason. I just have this feeling in my gut.

My vote is to kill Dan Hibiki. (On ipad so no red highlight sorry)

Also vote to read Guile.

Did it for you, Kyo. Except I couldn't help the Holly Hearts touch~.

And yeah, I shall take Kyo's side since the only person Alisyn can kill is me, and I DO NOT LIKE THAT IN THE SLIGHTEST.

Well, I don't know about what anyone else thought when you guys read Alisyn's revelation post, but the first thing that came to my mind was "that wasn't very nice". Remember that this is a game meant for the fun of everyone involved, and "victory" of the game isn't the primary objective of most of us playing. Maybe it's just my personal opinion, but what you did kinda spoiled the game for me, a little. Most of the fun comes from trying to hint and guess at Akuma's intentions and abilities, I believe. As compared to having everything spoon-fed to us.

Anyway I'm going to go for Dhalsim too. Voting ack off last round turned out well, after all.