Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

[YOU LOSE!] HYPER STREET FIGHTER 7 MAFIA EDITION

579 posts in this topic

Seantetsu realizes no rules were technically broken, but he can't help but feel that this is a pretty shitty move.He wonders what the point of allignments and win conditions are if people are just going to do whatever the fuck they want.

Seantetsu shall meditate on this, to contain his urge to randomly Denjin Hadouken people.

1 person likes this

Man, suddenly revealing yourself is fashionable.

I'm with Sean. If I were Akuma, I'd be pissed off too. Alisyn, assuming you're speaking the truth, what will you do if we do succeed in picking out Akuma? Will you kill him/her? I assume that you lose if Akuma loses.

*pats* sometimes one must choose the bad guys wisely.

EDIT: I notice that Alisyn has since edited her post now. Let's just pretend we saw nothing, shall we? Or simply assume that everything's a lie.

Or we can always just vote her off since she's a confirmed Assimilated. >.>

Kyo, you were the one who told me last time that winning isn't most important; having fun is.

Last time, we could have won if everyone followed my boring-ass plan. But everyone hated the idea, so they scattered, allowing for more action as we were Assimilated to death.

This is just my style of play. Reveal as much as I can. I've never gotten a villain role from the beginning, so I don't know how I'd react in that situation (probably a little differently), but this is how I'm reacting to Assimilation. I know it probably reminds people of Ethereal, who was able to screw us over because people refused to kill him--if you think it's the same thing, feel free to kill me. Though that would help Akuma as a delay tactic in wasting a turn to kill me rather than searching for him. I said before in the Swarm game that if I were Assimilated, I would willingly sacrifice myself if it gave the Host a better chance of winning. So I'm providing that option.

I would have been safer for me if I'd just stayed quiet and continued to feign innocence, as I think most people don't suspect me of being Akuma. But that's boring. I want to see what you guys do with the additional information I've provided.

And I won't kill Cammy unless there's a good amount of people who want it. If she is Akuma and most people want to kill her, that's what I'll do. If she were to remain alive after you guys asked me to kill her, then it's rather obvious, isn't it?

I don't see how my revelations are ruining the game for one side or another. I've clearly exposed myself as an Assimilated, giving the WW an easy target if they want it. On the flip side, I've also (assuming my Assimilation is believed) established myself as not-Akuma. If the WW can get Akuma, they win--there is one less suspect for them now to try to randomly kill, though admittedly, I wasn't high on the list. But I was concerned that if DD investigated me and discovered me to be Evil, nothing I've said could be trusted since Ken only protected me on the second night, and it was possible (though unlikely, given my revelation the third day--or maybe not, given my revealing style) that I had already been Assimilated by then. But if the WW search for Akuma but can't find him before he Assimilates a majority, I'd survive and win with Akuma.

Well i think Alisyn has a point too, now that she's made her case. We should all step up our efforts to locate Akuma.

Though i don't deny that voting her off is still also an option.

Judging by Seantetsus reaction I, going to assume that Ryu is supposedly evil now, and basically that should imply that he should play as evil, but alisyn decided to confess all of that. Like he said, no rules broken, but sorta leaves a bitter taste.

The point in these games is to play to a given role. If your role changes, it's generally implied that you adapt and change with it. It's quite common in mafia games to have your allegiance change. While I don't overly have an issue with finding exploits, I find it a bit of a dull way to play. I'd rather beat a game by its own terms. At any rate I kind of doubt Dhalsim is a threat. There is no evidence to suggest it. Zien only posted once and he made an obscure comment based on his role as Dhalsim.

Edit: Alisyn my point it makes no sense to make that reveal to help us. You're evil now so you shouldn't be helping us. And by admitting to being evil, nobody will have any faith in what you are saying anyway, as they will assume its a trick.

1 person likes this

I voted for Dhalsim for the same reason as ack - to pick out the silent ones in case they're the villains. But now that I think about it, Akuma's probably an active player if he's just Assimilated Alisyn recently. So if you guys have any other suspects, I'm all ears (except for you, Kyo, because you voted me and broke my heart </3).

Anyway, Alisyn, you can do whatever you want with your Ultra. I don't have a lot to say regarding it, actually, or your revelation in general. Thinking about it gives me a bitter taste like what Kyo said, so I'm gonna wash my hands off the matter.

I'm not really helping, though, other than revealing the identity of one Assimilated. It all really boils down to this:

If you choose to kill me, it gives Akuma one more round to try to get ahead. I'm not above self-sacrifice to my boss.

If you choose not to kill me and search for Akuma, if you fail, I'll win.

I think Seanzi was annoyed by Alisyn and Ack both. It was kinda like weird things happening twice in a row.

That said, Ether did reveal himself back in the Swarm Mystery. However, it was actually all part of the plan and he fed you guys loads of misleading information to keep himself alive.

The thing is, if not for Seanzi's comment, i might've agreed with Kyo that Alisyn might've been lying about everything. So in a sense, Seanzi also played a small part in breaking the game.

I believe we shouldn't quarrel too much about this now. I suppose Zien is just as unsuspicious as any of us, it's just that i was wondering if Seanzi put couples on the same team. In that case, Ack being evil might mean Zien's also evil. A weak argument, i admit, till i can find something better.

Perhaps all will be well once dayday reveals.

Timey is bitter because he is Akuma!

Don't listen to me folks, I'm just launching an assault on timey now because I think I'd probably find it the most enjoyable if the joke character ended up being the ultimate bad guy. Also because it would mean swarm host creator becomes next swarm host. It's just too good of an opportunity not to investigate.

Guys judging from Alisyn's new abilities, it's quite likely Nikkia (Ken) will be the next to be Assimilated. Cuz if she's on the same side as Alisyn, it makes it a lot easier to coordinate whom to kill. We may want to keep a close eye on Nikkia now.

If we don't kill Akuma tonight it could be game over anyway so I think that's the least of our worries. Nikkia might already be assimilated, just like any of us.

I think we're all just waiting on DD to reveal his superpowers.

And I think it's best not to keep any secrets at this point of time. If we are to honestly search for Akuma, hiding skills isn't going to be much help. We need to know if anyone is capable of Investigating and detecting Akuma's evil self. For example, I believe that ack's Ultra could have been one such ability. Also, I assume that there will also be some people immune to Assimilation, just like the Swarm game, probably including those people who possess such Investigation abilities (otherwise the game would be horribly imbalanced). This is speaking from the perspective of the creator of the Swarm Host.

I'm not sure if this is against the rules (Sanzi do stop me if it is), but if anyone thinks they have such abilities, perhaps you could step up so that we can Read you. This is the best method of approaching the situation as far as I know. There is currently too little information about what Akuma can and cannot do, and what are his counters, so we have to proceed on the knowledge that Sanzi probably balanced this game and provided some sort of counter. We have no time to stand by and continue suspecting each other, as Kyo mentioned aptly. Akuma might win this coming Night Phase if we don't get him.

And regarding voting Alisyn out, probably nobody's gonna do that because it's obvious that it's only giving Akuma more time to continue Assimilating players.

Okay i'll step in now to say i can offer no useful abilities that can help us, so there's really no sense in Reading me. Once the game ends and Alisyn sees my abilities, she'll know what it truly means to be a useless character. ;D

That said, i really like my abilities, for personal reasons. Unfortunately they can't help right now.

Also if that helps, i'm a Good person.

Oh one other thing that may help is, dayday's also a Good person. So don't bother voting either of us out. I mean, yeah, you can choose not to believe me, but i'll just put it out there.

And regarding voting Alisyn out, probably nobody's gonna do that because it's obvious that it's only giving Akuma more time to continue Assimilating players.

And if so, the purpose of my reveal is successful. But neither can I be ignored, since my ability to kill no longer depends on Ken dying.

At the moment, I can only target Cammy, but if Ken is going to keep voting, my options expand. Just because I claimed I'll move on the group's orders since it's just random as I don't know my allies, if I suspect that someone I can target isn't on Akuma's side, there's nothing stopping me from killing that person for Akuma and getting killed the next day. It would give Akuma a +1 advantage to numbers, since there would presumably be a dead WW and another Assimilated one at the cost of one Assimilated. And maybe not even with a cost, since I would have used up my power and only pose a threat as a number on Akuma's side but couldn't do anything actively besides voting.

And at the moment, I do think Cammy is innocent (or maybe I'm lying and she's Akuma), which means I pose a constant threat to her. So it's a double-bluff situation with Ken again: protect Cammy every night and hope I strike so he can kill me, or try to stop Akuma's Assimilations--which I assume would not target Cammy? Or maybe she is Akuma, in which case Ken would be wasting time protecting her from me while she targeted someone else. *hint hint*

/I did say Akuma/Assimilated can't chat outside the thread

It's the Swarm situation again. HH saved her killing skill until she was one round from Assimilating a majority... then she killed Sean for an instant win when everyone thought we had one last chance. I don't know how far Akuma is in this game, but based on my and Kyo's calculations, Akuma is likely to be close to winning, so any more confusion I can sow among you is beneficial to us, if not personally for me.

And if so, the purpose of my reveal is successful. But neither can I be ignored, since my ability to kill no longer depends on Ken dying.

At the moment, I can only target Cammy, but if Ken is going to keep voting, my options expand. Just because I claimed I'll move on the group's orders since it's just random as I don't know my allies, if I suspect that someone I can target isn't on Akuma's side, there's nothing stopping me from killing that person for Akuma and getting killed the next day. It would give Akuma a +1 advantage to numbers, since there would presumably be a dead WW and another Assimilated one at the cost of one Assimilated. And maybe not even with a cost, since I would have used up my power and only pose a threat as a number on Akuma's side but couldn't do anything actively besides voting.

And at the moment, I do think Cammy is innocent (or maybe I'm lying and she's Akuma), which means I pose a constant threat to her. So it's a double-bluff situation with Ken again: protect Cammy every night and hope I strike so he can kill me, or try to stop Akuma's Assimilations--which I assume would not target Cammy? Or maybe she is Akuma, in which case Ken would be wasting time protecting her from me while she targeted someone else. *hint hint*

It's the Swarm situation again. HH saved her killing skill until she was one round from Assimilating a majority... then she killed Sean for an instant win when everyone thought we had one last chance. I don't know how far Akuma is in this game, but based on my and Kyo's calculations, Akuma is likely to be close to winning, so any more confusion I can sow among you is beneficial to us, if not personally for me.

So you admit you are just trying to be confusing. That's useful. We will endeavour to ignore you henceforth. 

Oh and simple solution with Ken. Nikkia if you truly love us and want to help us be the bestest World Warriors we can be, you must simply make sure only to nominate or vote based on an agreed consensus. If you vote willy nilly then we can assume that you are just trying to get Ryu to kill that person, to whatever end that may be. 

Also as an FYI if people want to read me I'm happy to disclose my info now, mostly because I feel it's pretty useless.

I am. I'm trying to make you guys assess the risks of keeping me around.

Simple solution with Ken: if he's Assimilated, I don't have to worry about my killing backfiring, and if his protection doesn't change, he can protect me. I don't mind him playing majority rule as I'm planning to.

You did not need to reveal yourself for Akuma to continue Assimilating people. 

You did not need to reveal yourself for your options to expand because Ken would have continued to vote for people regardless. Revealing your Ultra actually weakens it because now Ken can carefully control who you can kill by controlling his vote. Beforehand, he could have thrown his votes around thoughtlessly for whatever reasons.

You did not need to reveal yourself because Ken is always playing a game of bluff with Akuma. You sound as though you've set up some sort of double-bluff situation that didn't exist before, but Akuma is the one and only prize; the team doesn't really care if anyone besides Akuma gets hit by Ken's ability.

I don't get the comparison with Swarm. HH kept her ability secret until she finally used it. To keep the analogy intact, you should have kept your ability under wraps, and used it without anyone knowing. That would sow much more confusion among everyone. 

Right now, what confusion have you sown? Everyone's already decided that there's no point voting anyone other than Akuma.

Hmm I could have sworn I heard something...must have been the wind. 

So any news on Akuma?

My suspicions have been on Cammy from the start, but I also did/do? believe that DD has the role of investigator and he vouched for Cammy. However, DD also tried to make HH a baddie in another game (so romantically~ if I remember). Because of my suggestions that he has the role of investigator, when/if he does reveal that he is the investigator, I'm not sure how much stock that's going to have. He could be Akuma and Cammy could have been one of the first assimilated. 

I literally do not have time to read through all of what's been said this day so far, so I'm just going to not address any of that yet. Here's my abilities:

Super: Senretsukyaku - During Night Phases you can investigate freely. This will only reveal whether they are Good or not. No further specifics.

Ultra: Hosenka - Your investigations will also reveal their Supers and their Ultra. Only useable from the third Night Phase onwards.

First night I found Gen to be Good. Second night I found Dudley to be evil. Last night I found that I am "unable to discern whether Dan is Good or Evil". I did learn that Dan's revealed abilities are true, however I don't know if he revealed his SECOND ultra, which says that he cannot be turned Evil.

As for Cammy, I didn't investigate her because I knew she's innocent already. I don't think I can say why, but suffice to say I know what her abilities are already.

Why wouldn't timey tell us he cant be turned evil? Hmmmm. Does that mean we should start making fun of Dan again?

It doesn't make sense to tell everyone (which includes Akuma) that you can't be turned Evil, lol. You want to be targeted by Akuma if you had that immunity.

Yuck, Sean is biased, giving Dan 2 Ultras.

So I guess there are Good, Evil and Neutral alignments again? Just that Neutral isn't recognized as an alignment or something.