Nikkia

Octy

Pain

Raine Bell

Kyo

Zien

Rubberrazors

Total: 10

Ether needs at least 6 votes to kill him off.

He will not vote for himself. -1

Zien is unlikely to come online to vote. -1

IF Pain is evil, she will not vote for Ether. -1

IF Pain uses her Super, Nikkia's vote will be nullified. -1

Raine Bell counts for 2 votes. +1

We now have precisely 7 votes left.

This does not take into consideration other people who may also be Evil.

Also, someone should coax Rubberrazors to come online to vote, if she's innocent.

HER MATHS IS GOOD!!!

3by8PwO.jpg

Oh shit, yeah. I forgot about his weird votey-thing. Okay well, I don't know then. Pain's abilities don't seem to be helpful to the good guys. Ken, Ryu and Sakura are good guys and they vote for the most-likely to be bad guys, as per their win condition. Why would another good guy want to prevent a vote from a fellow good guy? Edit: Unless they're assimilated.

I retract my Ethereal vote and place it on Pain. If she's not Akuma, she might be Shadaloo. Seems like Shadaloo-aligned abilities to me, anyways. 

There's still the hopeful possibility that we can scrape 6 votes among us. If Rubberrazors votes and we only have 1 other bad guy, then we'll be able to eliminate Ether.

Another point to consider is that the baddie may be forced to vote Ether as well, or risk having his cover blown. 8D

Actually, your estimate would be 1 off still. This is Eth's relevant ability:

Super - Super Killer Head Ram - In order for you to get voted off during a Day Phase, 60% of the living players (rounded down) have to vote for you.

60% of the living players.

That means while Raine gets 2 votes, she's still only 1 player, so it doesn't matter. 6 actual people have to vote for him, regardless of how much voting power they have.

Unless Cammy has been compromised already, I'm safe during the nights, so I'll venture to lay out everything I know.

Okay, so Pain's abilities don't really check out. To be specific, I've gathered all the confirmed reveals of abilities - that is, the direct quotes Sean gives us when people have died, and the direct quotes I get given when I investigate. I've been comparing the wordings and phrases to check who may be lying and writing up lies or modifying their abilities to their benefit when they reveal.

I can say Ken was at least somewhat truthful, because the first line of her protect ability is basically word for word like mine except with "protect" instead of "investigate". Mine wasn't revealed, and there's no way she could have made it up to perfectly match what Sean actually wrote for mine too.

I've noticed at least 1 person who has lied didn't write their extra included part properly to fit with the terminology. Don't wanna expose it because the lie was clearly meant only to protect the person from bad guys. But suffice to say they used the word "ability". Sean writes "Moves". Someone used the word "specials", for what may have been another fake tacked-on part to make them seem stronger (however, it was capitalized, and would be a likely alternative to "moves", given "specials" is indeed more fighting game terminology). Pain used the word "power". Moreover, that was in her Ultra, which is notable because Akuma likely has his assimilation ability as his Ultra, which means the person who is him must lie about their Ultra if Read.

So, if I had to guess at Akuma at this stage, I'd guess it to be Pain.

These three I've investigated, and found them Good, Neutral, and Evil respectively:

Kyo is Gen!

TriOctium is Dan Hibiki!

Etereality is E. Honda!

Dan cannot be killed or converted. Etereality was converted (his Ultra says "Evil Ultra", which is what Ryu's Ultra was called after he was converted - presumably, the Evil Ultra replaces the normal Ultra upon conversion. Regular villains such as Bison had regular "Ultra"). Kyo may have been converted by now, but since he started out Good, he cannot be Akuma.

These two have revealed their abilities, and they fit very very well with Sean's writing for other abilities, so I don't think they're concealing an assimilation ability. Also, they're both tied to other Good people (myself and Ryu respectively), which makes it unlikely they'd be secretly evil:

HerculeHastings is Cammy!

Nikkia is Ken!

Raine Bell is Guile!

These two are so inactive it'd be pretty crappy if they turned out to be Akuma:

rubberrazors is
Blanka!

Zien is Dhalsim!

And that leaves one. Pain's abilities look fairly hostile, and they may not even be true, from the wording of the Ultra.

Pain is Sagat!

To address the idea I'm a suspect, well, Kyo at the very least can confirm that he indeed was Good at the start, when I said I investigated him, which means I was Good at least at the start too. Likewise, Octy can confirm I read his true abilities, since he lied about them in his post and I spoiled it earlier. So at the very least, I'm confirmed to be able to investigate as one of my powers. Even if one thinks I may be assimilated, I've outed Eth this turn as assimilated, and he instantly conceded to that claim, so it's basically confirmed I've exposed an assimilated (I also pushed for Ryu's death last turn and that worked out well).

SO, in conclusion, we need 6 actual players to kill of Eth. If we do it, we'll surely buy ourselves another turn, and I can investigate someone else again for more certainty. However, it is very easy for the bad guys to block our vote on Eth this turn, especially if they know we will lose if we don't kill someone this turn - they won't need to care if their ruining the vote exposes them. Pain is a likely candidate for being Akuma, so we could take a guess at her, and she'll be a lot easier to kill. Moreover, if we don't kill her and she turns evil, we can see that she'll be able to cancel 2 of our voters, which means she can single-handedly block us from killing Eth in future as well.

I could be wrong in my varied assumptions above (particularly, I'm heavily assuming Akuma has to make up their own fake Ultra if Read. If he has a decoy description, my reasoning falls in a heap), but I'm willing to gamble and vote off Pain this turn.

I'd also like to Read Gen, because he's the only person left unread who may actually wish to divulge his abilities, however useless he claims them to be.

60% of the living players.

That means while Raine gets 2 votes, she's still only 1 player, so it doesn't matter. 6 actual people have to vote for him, regardless of how much voting power they have.

Shucks, I was hoping everyone forgot.

The name I gave my Super is much more relevant to what it does than Seanzi's original concept of the move! It's the Hundred Violent Sumo Hands! Did you tell them my Ultra too? It's practically named the same as my Super! Seanzi has a thing against E. Honda, I tell you!

Okay, so Pain's abilities don't really check out. To be specific, I've gathered all the confirmed reveals of abilities - that is, the direct quotes Sean gives us when people have died, and the direct quotes I get given when I investigate. I've been comparing the wordings and phrases to check who may be lying and writing up lies or modifying their abilities to their benefit when they reveal.

I can say Ken was at least somewhat truthful, because the first line of her protect ability is basically word for word like mine except with "protect" instead of "investigate". Mine wasn't revealed, and there's no way she could have made it up to perfectly match what Sean actually wrote for mine too.

I've noticed at least 1 person who has lied didn't write their extra included part properly to fit with the terminology. Don't wanna expose it because the lie was clearly meant only to protect the person from bad guys. But suffice to say they used the word "ability". Sean writes "Moves". Someone used the word "specials", for what may have been another fake tacked-on part to make them seem stronger (however, it was capitalized, and would be a likely alternative to "moves", given "specials" is indeed more fighting game terminology). Pain used the word "power". Moreover, that was in her Ultra, which is notable because Akuma likely has his assimilation ability as his Ultra, which means the person who is him must lie about their Ultra if Read.

That's assuming that Seanzi is consistent with his description of the moves. And there's also something else here that I'll leave someone else to point out, because I'M EVIL MUAHAHAHA.

These two have revealed their abilities, and they fit very very well with Sean's writing for other abilities, so I don't think they're concealing an assimilation ability. Also, they're both tied to other Good people (myself and Ryu respectively), which makes it unlikely they'd be secretly evil:

HerculeHastings is Cammy!

Nikkia is Ken!

Raine Bell is Guile!

They all revealed their abilities pretty late. Who's to say they didn't do the same thing you did and did their homework before their reveals?

I'd also like to Read Gen, because he's the only person left unread who may actually wish to divulge his abilities, however useless he claims them to be.

Oh, yeah. Might as read Read Gen.

So glad you laid it all out for us, Chun Li. Huhuhuhu~ 

The name I gave my Super is much more relevant to what it does than Seanzi's original concept of the move! It's the Hundred Violent Sumo Hands! Did you tell them my Ultra too? It's practically named the same as my Super! Seanzi has a thing against E. Honda, I tell you!

I can see why you changed it since they were both the same thing basically, but I dunno why you modified the move name itself even further. Hundred Hand Slap has a better ring to it.

That's assuming that Seanzi is consistent with his description of the moves.

Yeah, I did say the whole thing is based on such assumptions. But really, what else is there when at this point anyone could be assimilated? And when people are definitely lying about their abilities to some degree. At least if the assumption turns out wrong, I can blame Sean for not being consistent.

They all revealed their abilities pretty late. Who's to say they didn't do the same thing you did and did their homework before their reveals?

Call me cynical but I don't think anyone else bothered to trawl back through the thread so much to find them all, when no good guys seemed to be paying attention to it (I only let slip my interest in Raine and Pain's). Moreover, I have a lot more information, since my recent investigations have given me the info on abilities of people who haven't died, as well as my communication with Cammy and the fact I have my own Good guy abilities to compare others to (which was a clear benefit with Ken since ours were structurally quite the same). So basically, nobody has more info about abilities than I do right now (unless Gen is an investigator of some sort too and is keeping hush).

Ill vote to kill Sagat. I'd appreciate a red highlight from some nice staffer since im on my phone.

Nikkia was here hehehe

Wiki-san said Hundred Violent Sumo Hands. *shrugs* HHS does have a nicer ring to it. Anyway, the bigger point here is Seanzi does get lazy/careless.

Hey, all moves are named after Supers and Ultras from SSFIV! Only exceptions being the Satsui no Hadou supers of Ryu and Sakura! Why should I give a bottom 10 character like E. Honda special treatment >: (

Right now I'm just wondering how Ether can be so sure that Seanzi does get careless and such. Does he perhaps know whom Akuma is and knows that we're going down the wrong route? I mean, he looked like he was taunting us back there, but he can't taunt us if he's just as clueless as us... can he?

Back then Alisyn did say that the Assimilated players don't know each other's identity except for Akuma. So I think that Eth does indeed know who Akuma is.

What if he's taunting us because we got the right target and he's tring to make us think we got it wrong? DD's arguments seem to be pretty sound.

Day Round V ends.

Seantetsu was busy having fun today and was therefor too late with updating this! Seantetsu would apologize if he wasn't too good to care about you all. Anyway it seems like you decided to kill Sagat! Good for you.

Anyway, his moves:

Super: Tiger Genocide - You can cancel the votes of Ryu, Ken Sakura or Dan. (3 Uses.)
Ultra: Tiger Cannon - During a Night Phase you can cancel someone else's power. Only useable after all your Supers have been used. (1 Use.)

Sadly Sagat wasn't evil! Seantetsu is sad you all called the bald man with an eyepatch evil! His powers could've been used for good by breaking unwanted Ties and forcing people into action!

Seantetsu expected World Warriors to be a bit more open minded! Seantetsu does admit that the inconsistency in the use of words is due to the fact that Sagat's powers were decided prior to him deciding on a certain format.

But Seantetsu does not apologize.

Gen has been read and is free to reveal his moves next Day Round.

Night Round V begins

The Night Round will last for 24 hours. Guten Nacht.

Well, with a heavy heart Seantetsu must announce that Akuma has beaten you guys. This game had 14 participants and out of those 14 6 of them were Turnable. In order for Akuma to win he had to kill M. Bison and Turn every single Turnable person;  of course he had no idea who was and wasn’t Turnable (or Immune) so it was always a gamble.

Last Night Phase Akuma managed to make the one decision that cemented his victory! By Turning Guile he (luckily) closed off the last chance the World Warriors had at beating him!

Akuma wins!

Here is a sheet with all the characters and their Moves. A lot of the stuff was edited prior to the game’s start, but most of it should still be accurate. I’ll leave it up to you guys to reveal whether you were assimilated or not and I’ll give you all one last chance to guess who Akuma was.

Also! What did you think of the game?

You should have made Zangief disguise himself as Crimson Viper.

Aww we lost. So basically, let me clarify, does Akuma even count as Evil? And when dayday investigates him, would he see his alignment as Evil?

Cuz if Akuma can hide himself from even the investigator then it was pretty difficult from the start.

I just really really hope Dan Hibiki wasn't Akuma.

Also, i saw that i was Turnable. But i wasn't Turned. So why did Akuma still win? T.T

I was assimilated two night phases ago. So last day phase, I was evil. But that was the only day phase I was "pretending" to be helpful :)

Eheh. Heheheheh. HehehehahahahaHAHAHAHA!!!!

YOU ARE DAN HIBIKI!

Your abilities are:

Super: Legendary Taunt - You are such a sad character. Who put you in the game?

Ultra: Shisso Buraiken - If you've been made fun of by enough people, you can't be killed during a Night Phase.

Evil Ultra: Haoh Gadoken - You are so sad, you can't even be turned Evil.

NO WAIT! What is this? It’s a disguise!? You are actually AKUMA!

1J0YMUZ.jpg?1

Super: Raging Demon - Investigations reveal fake Moves. Every Night Round you can pick one person and turn him into an Evil version of himself. He will lose his Ultra and gain the Evil Ultra. These Evil Characters will know who you really are, but they will not know who the other Evil Characters you Turned are.

Ultra: Wrath of the Raging Demon - If someone tries to kill you during a Night Phase, you will surive and they will be unable to use their powers for 1 full turn. Only activates when you have 2 Minions.

Ultra 2: Demon Armageddon - All Multi-Use abilities lose 1 Use. If there is only 1 Use left, they don't lose anything. Affects enemies and allies. 1 Use, only useable if you have 3 minions.

You win by Turning all Turnable characters (dead Turnable characters no longer count) and killing M. Bison.

To answer your question, HH: Super Investigates couldn't reveal me, but Ultra Investigates (ie. ack's Investigate) would have. Also, looking at the overall picture, Akuma actually had the game pretty stacked against him. There were many players (such as Gen, Crimson Viper and Sakura) who had anti-Akuma skills. Furthermore I could only Assimilate 6 out of 14 players, and on the second Night Phase, I actually failed to Assimilate DD as he was Immune.

I lied about being a Neutral when DD investigated me, because I had no other option. After that I just had to stick with my story. In a way, DD's "Revelation" of my skills saved my ass. Before that I was being suspected pretty heavily by you guys.

In Night Phase 1 I assimilated Eth because his skills looked really useful.

In Night Phase 2 I failed to assimilate DD. But Eth killed Wst, who was M Bison, so that cleared 1 of my win conditions. This was actually really lucky, because he didn't know of Wst's identity or my win con.

In Night Phase 3 I assimilated Alisyn. And we all know what happened after that. Alisyn, I'm sorry to say this, but your reveal and suicide did not help me at all. You said that your skills were useless to me; in fact, they could have been very useful. I needed all the kill skills that I could get, and I did not need my minions sacrificing themselves for me. What I did need was you to have killed Cammy (which was the only possible target of your skill) and contributed to my building bunch of minions. In the future if you do play a Mafia game where you are assimilated, I'd suggest that you wait for the Swarm Host or whoever to pass you some coded information through the thread before taking any drastic action like revealing yourself. (To be honest Sanzi got so pissed he asked me whether I wanted him to kick you out of the game, but I told him not to.)

In Night Phase 4 I assimilated Nikkia because she revealed her protector role and I guessed that she would be most likely defending DD that phase.

And in the last Night Phase, I was deciding between Raine and HH. It seems I was really fortunate that Raine could be assimilated, because that brought me my victory.

Anyway, I had a lotttt of fun this game! It was really funny to have fed information to my allies in plain sight. Did you notice I once posted a list of all my Assimilated minions on the thread? It was that one time when I listed who was 'Innocent' and who wasn't. I'm glad Eth managed to catch my message.

How did everyone else feel about the game? Was I suspicious? And was it obvious what I was doing?

EDIT: I won because the good guys had no chance of killing me after I assimilated Raine. With her double vote, I had enough votes on my side to force a tie in the Day, and no good character could kill me at Night either since I was invulnerable.

I guess it was an alright game. ^^ bit sad that we all didn't really know when we were going to lose though.

Perhaps the Swarm Mystery had the benefit where things were all clear from the start. We knew that we couldn't find the Host by investigating, and we knew how many Assimilated there were. And we could find out each other's abilities too, in a way. So we weren't running on the wrong tangent at least.

Thanks for running it, Seanzi!

1 person likes this

I just maintain the perspective I've had for quite a while now. It's not really fun having no idea what is actually possible in the game. I was ready to give up bothering to figure anything out after we learned there was assimilation as well as murder, because at that point anything was possible, and I knew exactly this would happen - I'd form some plausible theory that turns out totally wrong because there's all sorts of secrets we don't know about. I just think what is the point even trying to come up with some theory, when any piece of information could be wrong.

Anyway, I have at least some fond memories from all this...

0ed3a5be27d6b058bf05b90189fdce5498169c2d

I can agree with that. I do think that when we start the game, if we start with a set of "facts," we have those facts to refer to throughout the game, to logically vote people off. I really enjoyed this game, but I do agree that when we have zero facts, we have to try to make our own facts, but it becomes really really difficult to do, when there are so many possibilities.

1 person likes this

I just maintain the perspective I've had for quite a while now. It's not really fun having no idea what is actually possible in the game. I was ready to give up bothering to figure anything out after we learned there was assimilation as well as murder, because at that point anything was possible, and I knew exactly this would happen - I'd form some plausible theory that turns out totally wrong because there's all sorts of secrets we don't know about. I just think what is the point even trying to come up with some theory, when any piece of information could be wrong.

I find it strange that you say this since you were one of the players who played the early versions of the Mafia games on this site when there were even less ways to prove someone's evil/innocent cuz there were fewer abilities then.

Because people complained that there was nothing for non-Villains to do, the folks who ran the recent games created more abilities to distribute them. But due to the unpredictability surrounding how the abilities work, the essence of Mafia hasn't changed at all; you caught people based on the fishy things they do or say. "There are no facts", this complaint should be familiar to those who've played the earlier versions. The ability merely created the illusion of 'facts', which in fact makes the game even more skill-testing IMO. Even you yourself was repeatedly emphasizing that we shouldn't accept anyone as definitively innocent, which would indeed have been the good play.

Besides, do you really think the game would have been better if all the good guys needed to do to win is for the detective to investigate the right person? I think that would actually have sucked the fun out of things. Considering how long the game went, DD pretty much got to investigate a third of all existing players. I actually think that Seanzi made it fair by making the result of investigating Akuma ambiguous; one totally could have questioned why would Seanzi break his own rule by letting someone have 2 Ultras. We even have the recent precedent of the Swarm Mystery where only the bad guys had extra moves. 

And I thought this game was a pretty good example of how you can do exactly that - identify the villains based on the shady things they said. Kyo suspected me the Day phase immediately after I was Turned and I was actually in danger of being pushed off (until HH went after Ken instead and split the votes).  You and me both thought Wstie was acting fishily and acted on it. During the third Day phase, I even thought Octy was done for cuz public opinion was so stacked against him. Everyone should just go with their gut sense next time, really. Most of the time, theory-building is just you trying to rationalize your intuition. Anyone read Malcolm Gladwell's Blink?

That aside, 4 Villains were actually killed off by the good guys in this game, far more than I can say for the previous 2 games. Anyway, Wstie pretty much set himself up cuz my Orochi Breaker (which replaced my Ultra Killer Head Ram before I could use it) could only target someone who had voted to Kill me on 2 separate Day phases and Wstie was the -only- one who voted for me on both the 1st and 2nd Day phases, hahahahahaha.

I believe that I have to change the way I play next time. Revealing my abilities caused me to become Assimilated immediately in both the Swarm Mystery and this Mafia game. Not a bad thing, mind you (going O.o at some of the times the other Villains did was entertaining), but could pose a problem for me in future editions. >.>

In any case, I thought that Seanzi did a great job designing this. He removed the RNG element like he said he would, which is clearly an improvement. The bit about the wording part is unfortunate indeed because making a mistake with the wording is legitimately one of the ways a Villain could screw up and be caught.

The intervention with Alisyn is a bit too much interference, I thought, cuz it sorta confirmed for everyone what Alisyn said, when there was a possibility that the rest wouldn't trust what she said (like Kyo and HH). So it wasn't perfect, but hey, you know what they say - "Still a better game than DMO." =D