Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Seanzilla

[YOU LOSE!] HYPER STREET FIGHTER 7 MAFIA EDITION

579 posts in this topic

Based on the fact that Ken was brainwashed in Street Fighter 2 anime movie I would say that is definitely possible. However in the end Ryu and Ken kick Bison's ass with a double Hadouken so yeah whatever. It makes sense that their abilities are dependant on one another. After all if anything is going to send Ryu to the dark side and have him actually kill a man, then it's Ken's death. I know things don't have to match up this way, but consider the storytelling sometimes. Ken and Ryu are best buds before anything else.

What's important to keep in mind, I think, is that these ultimates are not easy to obtain. Some seem to require a painful sacrifice. Ryu would never willingly allow Ken to di, but that pain would allow him to accomplish his ultimate. That's the sense of it all. This is Sanzi's way of making the game more challenging. While Alisyn may think it's a good idea to have Ken die so she can use her ultimate, that does not mean it's a part of her role. 

My issue is Eth very cleverly twisted his role last time. And everybody bought it. Hook, line and sinker. And he even mentions how this role fits to his preferred play style. That vote off condition, most people would see as a tricky situation, they would say "hmm, so I would have to have a seriously close call in order to gain that reward". Who is detrimented the most from being voted off, the villains of course. Their raison d'etre is to not get voted off so they can kill everyone. while every player may want to live, of course, the voting system is designed to get rid of villains. It's the core mechanic of this game. 

Eth might have seen this as a villain and then cleverly thought to himself "oh I know what I'll do, I'll ask to be voted off." He has managed to create a level of trust because of his fun antics, his image pasting, and his honesty. The great thing about it is he is probably being completely honest about how his abilities work. The difference is I dont think he is being honest about his alignment. I think E. Honda is Shadaloo. 

So I would please ask everyone to vote for him. We need to get above the 50% mark with votes to get him killed off. 

Also if it suits people, as a show of faith gesture, I will allow myself to be read should people desire. I would rather not be read, in fact I plan to refuse to be read at least until a certain condition of mine is met. However, I am actually starting to feel quite strongly about E. Honda now. So if you guys trust me, and go with my plan, then I will offer myself to be read afterwards, and if it goes wrong I will also not blame you if you want to kill me next. 

Also before anyone tries to hold this against me. Yes I have been a villain in quite a lot of the games. I was even a hero turned villain once. I think I'm pretty good at playing a villain as well. I'm pretty good at making myself look like the good guy when I'm not. Which is why I'm alerted to E. Honda's behaviour. So I would urge people to take my advice. 

I personally found it a little suspicious that one of the people that voted him beyond 5 points is now dead.

I'll vote for E.Honda for now, unless someone brings up a more convincing argument for his survival.

I say if he's innocent, we go for Kyo next. /shrug

And tbh, I don't see my ultimate as very useful. Unless Ken is Evil, there's not much point in killing a Good to have a chance of *maybe* killing an Evil. And at this point, I'll probably die before my Super can be revealed, so... /shrug

HEY SEAN!

If I'm killed and an Evil is killed at a later point, will you reveal my Super?

I doubt that's how it works.

Try not to die!

I personally think it is a bit hasty to make judgements at this point of time. Maybe I'll change my vote again later tomorrow but for now I will retract my vote.

Since when is Timey not shady as fuck?

I say if he's innocent, we go for Kyo next. /shrug

And tbh, I don't see my ultimate as very useful. Unless Ken is Evil, there's not much point in killing a Good to have a chance of *maybe* killing an Evil. And at this point, I'll probably die before my Super can be revealed, so... /shrug

HEY SEAN!

If I'm killed and an Evil is killed at a later point, will you reveal my Super?

This is why reads can be refused. I don't think you should have revealed your abilities at all, you should have just waited until we got a kill. You should have just enouraged us to be ruthless and try to have a vote kill every night, which I would agree with you on. Don't be so quick to lay your cards on the table. I won't reveal mine until after I am satisfied with a result, because I don't think it will benefit people or myself to know what I can do. 

I personally think it is a bit hasty to make judgements at this point of time. Maybe I'll change my vote again later tomorrow but for now I will retract my vote.

Indecision and hesitance in these games always result in the villains winning. Bad guys relish in your indecision. 

As for the future and these abilities. 

Your supers are your main abilities to work towards. Ultras clearly involve risk or sacrifice. Ryu's ability is not something to work towards, rather it is a reactionary ability to a certain player dying. What this means is the villains will now make sure to kill Ken last, to avoid Ryu hitting them with an insta kill. Assuming Ryu's target is evil, of course. Don;t be so hasty to reveal your abilities, especially your ultras. 

I let myself be Read because I didn't know at the time that Sean wouldn't reveal my Moves in their entirety if I died. I already repeated myself several times that my critical information couldn't be revealed until an Evil was killed, but people kept insisting. If I refused, everyone would suspect me and try to kill me anyways.

BESIDES, clearly nobody is interested in Killing people in this game again, so it doesn't matter. Any time we get close, people will back off.

Do we even have seven people who are willing and able to vote?

I let myself be Read because I didn't know at the time that Sean wouldn't reveal my Moves in their entirety if I died. I already repeated myself several times that my critical information couldn't be revealed until an Evil was killed, but people kept insisting. If I refused, everyone would suspect me and try to kill me anyways.

BESIDES, clearly nobody is interested in Killing people in this game again, so it doesn't matter. Any time we get close, people will back off.

If you aren't sure of what Sean won't do, and it's a question of game mechanics, then ask him privately. We aren't allowed to discuss with each other outside of the thread but you can ask the GM about how a rule or mechanic works, certainly. 

As for people pressuring you. That's not a good excuse for ruining your ability. If people try to push me to reveal something before I am ready, then I will refuse. If this gets them to turn on me and I die, then fine, their loss. Stick to your own convictions and do what you feel is right, because ultimately the only person you can trust in this game. 

Do we even have seven people who are willing and able to vote?

Yes there are 14 people - Sakura for being dead and E. Honda for being E. Honda. That leaves 12 People willing to vote for him. Even if we discount a maximum of 4 for the villains (There is no way it's more than 5 villains) that is still 8. We have more than enough. We can do this!

I mean, there's always players who sometimes don't really participate. No way are there 13 people actively posting in here.

He said he would reveal Moves, so I took that at face value. /shrug

Anyways, we need to kill someone. And keep doing it.

Surely such a rewarding feature might also be a nice reward for a Shadaloo who has had a close shave with death. Surely for a bad guy's ultimate to awaken upon coming so close to being caught, and then getting away with it due to the hesitation of some people. Hmm yes. I think E. Honda is not neccesarily innocent at all. Also notice how he jumps on anyone who even jokingly suggests he is evil. 

my vote is for E. Honda

I dunno. Abilities are abilities, and Triggers are Triggers. Sean had to assign triggers for them and I just happened to get the one that required people to vote against me. You know what I think? I think E. Honda got assigned that trigger because he is fat. SEANZI.

What's more I encourage everyone else to vote for him, so he can actually be killed. We know he needs to have more than half of the total votes against him. And if we get this voting rolling, the villains will vote for him too. Interestingly this might also force E. Honda's hand and cause him to use his ultra to eject someone. It would be interesting to see who he would choose. 

I don't get what you're striving for. If your aim is for me to use my Ultra, then all you have to do is to ask nicely. Why do you need to force my hand?

My issue is Eth very cleverly twisted his role last time. And everybody bought it. Hook, line and sinker. 

So you're punishing me now for being a good player last time? =O

And he even mentions how this role fits to his preferred play style. That vote off condition, most people would see as a tricky situation, they would say "hmm, so I would have to have a seriously close call in order to gain that reward". Who is detrimented the most from being voted off, the villains of course. Their raison d'etre is to not get voted off so they can kill everyone. while every player may want to live, of course, the voting system is designed to get rid of villains. It's the core mechanic of this game. 

You seem to be saying that my Ultra ability is a Villain-type ability because the trigger involves the vote-off mechanic, which you claim is a anti-villain mechanic. However, the vote-off mechanic existed long -before- Sean conceived my Ultra's trigger condition. Unless you're claiming that E. Honda was designed by Sean to be evil from the get-go, the flavor fit for my Ultra is purely coincidental/fabricated in your imagination. You know how these games are done. The characters are assigned first, -then- the alignment is assigned at random.

Eth might have seen this as a villain and then cleverly thought to himself "oh I know what I'll do, I'll ask to be voted off." He has managed to create a level of trust because of his fun antics, his image pasting, and his honesty. The great thing about it is he is probably being completely honest about how his abilities work. The difference is I dont think he is being honest about his alignment. I think E. Honda is Shadaloo. 

Hm, this is the same mistake about assigning the wrong causes to player behavior that I committed last game. Like you, I assumed that DD was eager to Converse with Darkwater because he already had plan as the Swarm Host. However, if you recall, I was wrong in that aspect; DD acted the way he did not because he was evil, but because the way his abilities are designed compelled him to do so. Like him then, my trigger condition asks that I gather 5 votes (not necessarily all at once, mind, so your close-shave-with-death-flavor-reasoning is completely off the mark) over the course of the game.

I identified that the best play as E Honda is to ask everyone park their useless Day 1 votes with me, and charge it up immediately. And you know that I like playing with information on the board. That's just how I roll.

Also if it suits people, as a show of faith gesture, I will allow myself to be read should people desire. I would rather not be read, in fact I plan to refuse to be read at least until a certain condition of mine is met. However, I am actually starting to feel quite strongly about E. Honda now. So if you guys trust me, and go with my plan, then I will offer myself to be read afterwards, and if it goes wrong I will also not blame you if you want to kill me next. 

Also before anyone tries to hold this against me. Yes I have been a villain in quite a lot of the games. I was even a hero turned villain once. I think I'm pretty good at playing a villain as well. I'm pretty good at making myself look like the good guy when I'm not. Which is why I'm alerted to E. Honda's behaviour. So I would urge people to take my advice. 

Like I said before, being Read is not a liability, but an advantage. It unlocks your Read limiter and leaves you free to reveal your abilities anytime you want later. Why are you making it out like you're doing everyone a favor by offering to be Read?

ugh it's so hard to quote a post full of quotes. I'll just summarise. 

You make a good point, I neglected to think about these abilities coming before the role assignment. So you are correct. That power could work for either the good or bad side. That doesn't mean you are good though. It just means I was mistaken. Your alignment is still anyone's guess, much like the rest of the players. 

I am not saying I'm doing people a favour with the reads, I'm saying I will submit to being read if I turn out to being mistaken, should people choose. In other words I will be compliant to the demands of the masses in order to make amends for a potential error. Until I make a mistake that costs us, I will be refusing to be read. I have no desire or obligation to reveal my role. In fact I don't think I would ever need to reveal my role abilities. 

I'm also not punishing you for being a good player, I'm just not trusting you because I know you are talented at deception. You can take that as a compliment if you like. However the good players are always the ones on my radar. It's quiet people and new players that tend to slip under the radar. That's why I don't like players who only come in to place their vote and then disappear again, giving no information. I appreciate people are busy and cant be here all the time, but from my perspective it's still not very useful. 

That said I am not beyond persuasion. You've settled a few of my queries. So let's talk, let's see if we can come up with an ideal or best-case scenario for today. Let's decide to vote for someone today though. If another day phase goes on without someone being voted off then I'll kindly ask you guys to vote me off next day phase because it is simply boring playing on a side where people essentially do nothing and wait to die. 

Based on what I see from the previous games, the villains tend to play defensive by simply dawdling around and killing one off at a time each night until the last few rounds. Rarely do they try to eliminate someone off by voting (especial this early) because it takes a concerted push to get someone eliminated and pushing that hard opens one to the backlash when the person is found innocent (the trading-off strategy DD mentioned then).

That means Pain, HH, Wstie, Octy, Raine, and RR in this game. They've more or less been dawdling around and poking with stray Kill votes, but generally not committing.

I'm fairly certain that Alisyn is good because she was willing to kill herself off when she thought it would activate her Super. She doesn't have a buffer like I do (any majority would kill her), so that's quite a decision to make. She could be acting ignorant and knowing that Sean will clear up the mystery, but that's quite a stretch.

Wstie is the one who has been bandwagoning on voting, which at least fits what a Shadaloo might do. Zien's one and only post in this thread was to vote to Kill me when I already had five. That might also be what a Shadaloo who's playing low-key might do. But I'm more inclined to think that the villains are at least playing quite frequently.

I think my personal pick's Dudley (Wstie), yup.

I haven't been bandwagoning on voting! I've just got a deep-rooted personal vendetta against sumo wrestlers that compels me!

I don't have anything to go off on besides you guys making your cases, so if I just randomly throw a vote at some schmuck, it isn't going to help anyone really. I'm mostly voting because I think Kyo might be trustworthy this time round.

Idling is not necessarily the trait of a villain or a hero. It's just people don't have time or just have little insight to offer. You have to consider that our villains might also be a little busy and just making snap decisions, rather than sitting in their chairs laughing maniacally and saying "all according to keikaku". 

I'm not so sure what to think any more. How about this. If we do not come to a conclusion then E. Honda should headbutt someone tonight to ensure that someone will go. This provides people with motivation to at least make a choice, instead of a choice being made for them. Does that sound sensible?

1 person likes this

I'm not so sure what to think any more. How about this. If we do not come to a conclusion then E. Honda should headbutt someone tonight to ensure that someone will go. This provides people with motivation to at least make a choice, instead of a choice being made for them. Does that sound sensible?

Lol, if I headbutt someone, that'll be Dudley. Or do you mean I should bang heads with one of the inactives?

I'm not saying you should take out anyone in specific. I'm saying that you should target whoever you decide. In other words you will remove choice and take someone out anyway, if people don't vote. Basically provide incentive for people to work together and reach a conclusion rather than idle about and cost us the game. Does that make sense. 

The votes so far:

Ryu x1 (Voted by Chun Li)

E. Hondax3 (Dudley, Ryu and Gen)

Dudley (E. Honda)

Nobody else has voted. we have about 17 hours left I believe until the night phase, as Sanzi posted the Day Phase beginning at 12.30pm his time yesterday I believe. 

I have been following this thread as it's been updated, but I have very little insight to offer. I hope Ryu doesn't kill me off in order to use that ultra (super?). As a not-follower of Street Fighter, it is good to know that Ryu is my bffl AND WOULD NEVER DO THAT TO ME  B)

Otherwise, uh... I would like to be read at some point. However, depending on when you guys choose to read me (if you guys choose to read me), I might refrain from sharing my abilities, I would just like the opportunity to do so when the time is appropriate. I guess I'll just vote for myself to be read at that time?

As for my read vote, I'll likely just go with the rest of you, since I don't think that really matters. I'll cast my kill vote before the end of the phase. If we don't manage to get enough votes to kill E. Honda, I do think we should take out someone else. Maybe even take out someone else anyways, and have E. Honda fuck up someone's night phase.

We need to have an agreement on who is going off. We need above half to kill off E. Honda though.

I'll keep an eye on what others think. However I'll make a point in saying I am inclined to go with the majority at this stage as there is little else to speculate on. So pick someone and let's stick to our convictions. 

I agree with Kyo.

Everyone should just go with their gut feeling and pick someone to Kill. If nothing, it'll at least speed up the game. And if pure RNG can kill off, what, 2 or 3 of the villains in the previous game, I don't see why our potshots won't work at some point. It's at very the least more discerning than Val's RNG was.

As long as we nab the first Shadaloo, the second and third should fall shortly because they've probably supported each other at some point by now. Octy fell right after DD did in the Star Wars version. HH would have been caught if DD had been caught. It's the first villain that's the hardest part.

I guess that includes your suspicions of me, Kyo. Go ahead if that's what your heart (gut) tells you. We shall meet in battle if that's what the fates decide!

FOR NIPPON!!!

kk3S3F5.jpg

I think I'll be in love with E. Honda by the end of this game.