Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ethereal

WoD: 13 Nights in Pleasant Glen

160 posts in this topic

All

Eyeing the sachets of salt, Ed comments," Ah, so you've been to Carmory's Cathedral? They seem to use salt a lot in their worship. They say that a little faith never hurt anyone, I suppose! But between you and me, I'd advise you to avoid that place. The Carmory parish can be rather… extreme in their beliefs. Do remember to clean up the salt-ring when you check out."

"It is only about five dollars per person at Biggerson's. We harvest our own crops and livestock here, so everything's really affordable. Just be aware that most of us here do not accept cards. If you would like, I could call ahead for you. That way, your food will be ready by the time you arrive. However, you'll have to leave immediately. Mr Biggerson is a very punctual man, and he doesn't stay open for much longer than six," Ed offers helpfully.

He then gives you the directions to Biggerson's. Will you set off for the restaurant immediately? 

Or will you salt-line your rooms first? The salt you procured from Grace's is sufficient to ward two rooms. The sachet you received from Ed is just enough for you to flavor four meals. However, if you all choose to stay behind and salt the rooms, Biggerson's will no longer be an option. Instead, you will have to select one of the two other options - Malcolm's or The Dungeon Bar.

There was some bickering between Steven and I.

"Of course we should go to eat!" I insisted, rubbing my tummy. The thought of Mr Biggerson preparing a banquet at a phone call, and Jaeger offering to pay for it.

"Don't be naïve!" said Steven. "We should salt the rooms first. Besides, I've a sneaking suspicion we'll be faced with babies, worms or hair, or other things we can't eat, anyway. We should add salt barriers, and use that sachet you got to repair my own broken one, before we go to eat."

"I too think that we should go to eat, because it has been scientifically proven that a lack of food will cause a person to become weak and lethargic, whereas a circle of salt has no proven effects," offered Jiri cordially. With the vote in our favour, we set off to eat.

On our way out, I turned around to see Ed Bates picking up the phone receiver.

"By the way, guys, didn't you think Jiri's old room stank? There was some kind of odour wafting around in that room. Maybe the allergens affected my nose instead..."

That does not seem likely, given that I'm usually unaffected by any type of micro-organisms. I tried to cast aside the alternative possibility, but I was suddenly relieved we had the salt.

While the rest of the group was talking to one another, I decided to go talk with Mr. Bates again, "Hey, mind calling the restaurant and telling them to prepare some meals to go. I'll just go get them if they can't decide." I felt sort of bad for cluttering up the lobby so I slipped him $20 for a tip...probably not much, but I feel it necessary.

After waiting a moment I walk over back to the group and interject. "Instead of fighting how about this. Two of us stay here and do the salting and someone can come with me to go pick up food. That way no one's left alone and we can get food for everyone. Oh, should we eat in our rooms, or is there some sort of dining room we can use Mr. Bates?"

"I believe we eat in the restaurant, Jaeger," I answered him. "Also, I think both Jiri and I want to eat, and we'd need you around too to, er, pay. I wouldn't want to leave Steven alone though. I say we all just go together to eat and we can help him with the salting when we get back."

"I wasn't very hungry at the moment, so I thought it would be a better idea to stay behind and salt the rooms, just in case any ghosts tried to enter while we were away eating. I turned to the girl, Marissa, to ask her a question. Are you guys eating on the spot over there, or bringing back the food to eat at the hotel like Durant suggested? Because I think I wouldn't mind staying back to do the salting while you guys collect my share. I had a bad feeling when I saw the disrupted salt circle in my room, and in my line of work, you quickly learn to trust your feelings about these kinds of things.

I'll be fine by myself if you three want to head out. If Mr Durant goes with you, I think you'll be safe. Just don't take too long, and be wary of hobos or people holding picket signs. One of them tried to splash me with some liquid when I went out to buy salt. I think there may be some sort of protest going on."

Jaegar, Marissa, Jiri

5.45pm

Agreeing to part ways for dinner, you exit Bedlam. A blast of cold night air hits you as you emerge out into the cold again.The sky has turned completely dark now, with the street lamps and lit windows of the surrounding residences providing the only light in the gloom. As you start off along Deserters' Road, you notice a man huddled up in a little make-shift fortress in an abandoned parking lot to your left. You wonder if that was the hobo Steven had mentioned. However, the figure made no move to approach you.

The air is still, although it is bitterly cold. You cannot help but notice that many of the one-story buildings you pass on your way do not have their lights on. The roads are clearly built to accommodate cars, and yet you do not notice a single vehicle anywhere.

You finally see Biggerson's red, welcoming signboard after a fair period of time. It is fronted by a fountain that appears to have been switched off. Thankfully, the restaurant appears to be open for business still, and you push open the glass doors. A twinkle from a bell announces your presence.

"Ah, you must be friends from the outside world! Welcome to Pleasant Glen! Welcome to Biggerson's, where you'll eat till you drop!"

The booming voice came from a burly man dressed in a polo shirt, jeans and a red apron. He waddles up to you and shakes all of your hands. His hands are slightly greasy.

"I hope Bates gave you a proper welcome! He's a shy fellow, that. Spends too much time with the mother, I say. Here, take your seats!"

He ushers you to the table on the furthest wall from the entrance. You notice that there are several lone diners in the restaurant as well. They all look at you emotionlessly, leaving the dishes before them untouched. You are unnerved. Mr Biggerson doesn't seem to notice.

"Sorry, folks. We only have the chicken left since you folks were so late," he continues as you shuffle into the booth. You are delighted to see that the dishes are already waiting for you. It appears sumptuous, with a whole sautéed spring chicken, mixed vegetables and brown rice. It seems Mexican.

"Well, it looks like you're all set. Should I leave you?"

[Choose N/Y. First one to reply will be the only reply to count.]

Steven

You use the salt from Ed to repair the breach in your own room. As you do so, you have the nagging feeling that you're being watched.

You walk down the corridor and enter Marissa's room with her key. Her room appears fine, save for the blanket draped over the mirror. You wonder if she had done that. As you set to work trailing the salt around the walls of the room, you shift some of the furniture out of the way to get at the walls. When you shift the dressing table, the blanket slides off the mirror. What you glimpse in the mirror next makes your heart seize.

In the mirror, the room is reflected exactly as it is. The only thing that stands out is the horribly mutilated adolescent girl standing right next to you in front of the mirror. You are unable to register much beyond that before you recoil in shock and retreat from the mirror. At the same point, the lights in the room flicker violently several times.

[Roll Resolve + Composure.

If you do not obtain at least 1 success, the apparition successfully Terrifies you. You escape the room, dropping both packets of salts along the way, and cannot return for at least a day.

If you succeed, you may decide your next course of action, but decide quickly!]

[Regardless, roll Wits + Composure for Perception. Take a -1 penalty due to the stress you are under.]

(Resolve + Composure roll: 3 successes.)

(Wits + Composure - 1 roll: 4 successes.)

"G-G-Great Geronimo, what in the world is that?! I had a bad feeling about this room, but I didn't expect a ghost to come jumping out at me like that! Good thing I'm not a stranger to the supernatural world, otherwise I think I'd probably have been scared to death right now. Hold yourself together now, a hard-boiled detective like me shouldn't get so surprised by just one ghost. Yes, hard-boiled. Ghosts usually have some situation holding them back on Earth. I should try and figure out what is the matter with this particular ghost for Marissa's sake. Poor girl.

(Examine the ghost's appearance and try to determine cause of death.) Excuse me, miss. My name's Steven Smith, a detective who solves mysteries both normal and supernatural. There seems to be something holding you back from passing on to the afterlife. Can I know what was your dying wish before you died?

My heart's calmed down from the initial shock somewhat, I think. Whew. Sorry, miss, but I'm in the middle of salting this room for one of my friends, you see. If you don't mind, I'm going to get back to work; they're expected to come back with my portion in a while, and I'd like to get this job done before I break for dinner. Unless you want to be trapped inside the circle, I'd suggest that you take a step out of the room while I do my business. This will only take a while. You must understand, she paid good money for this room, and it would be quite impolite for me to let a lady to be woken up in the middle of the night by a scare. Once I'm done with this room, I'll get to you in a jiffy. No worries. (Continue salting the room.)"

I was having no part of salt-circle superstition. I couldn't believe an actual detective decided to stay back and sprinkle salt around the rooms, let alone that he went and bought salt just for that purpose. I suppose someone like him can't leave his work at home. But me, I'm on vacation here, I'm gonna take it easy. Hopefully there'll be no more surprises now that my room is changed.

"Yes we're good, thankyou." I reply to the owner. I try to ignore the other diners. I guess they don't get a lot of tourists. Or they spotted one of Jaeger's guns or something. I'll start cutting into my chicken, I want to check that it's actually cooked before I venture to eat it. Can never be too careful, with the lacking service there's been so far.

"May I know where the toilet is, by the way?" I ask, trying not to look like I am holding my hand out in an awkward position. Mr Biggerson's hand had been greasy (surely he had not just stepped out of the kitchen without washing his hands?) and I feel weak and dizzy with the thought of minuscule oil droplets dripping down my palm right now. Toilet. I must go to wash my hands. Food will need to wait. I try not to look at Jiri cutting scornfully into his chicken. How can he do it with such calmness? Such succulent chicken, I would bite down into it instantly. But no, I must not think that. I must not think too hard about washing my hands either, because my adrenaline is already escalating. Yes, I will think about Toga and Elbert. Toga and Elbert, looking despondently, hungrily, up at me.

I am hungry too.

This is not working.

I look to Marissa who seems to slowly be losing it from lack of washing her hands from the greasy Pete's oily welcome. I just stand up and say to the both of them, "I'm gonna go find the bathrooms. You wanna come along Marissa?" I felt she was getting anxious and perhaps it'd just be best to both go and not look like a weirdo and wander around the place. I figure we'll find it if we follow the wall, if not it might be back in the kitchen, so we'll save that for after the initial run over.

Marissa, Jaegar,

Biggerson looks bemusedly between all of you, "Well, it's just around the back. Right before the kitchen. Er, no hanky panky, got that? The rest of the staff's gone home for the day. I still gotta clear their plates and yours before I leave."

You stand up and maneuver your way around Biggerson's considerable girth. The route to the toilet requires you to walk to the centre of the aisle, around a booth and up another aisle. As you do so, all of the passengers continue to stare at you. But no, that is incorrect. Jaegar, you realize that they are in fact staring exclusively at Marissa

Nothing eventful happens during the rest of your trip to the toilet. You rejoin Jiri at the table.

Jiri

The chicken seems well-cooked. You take a bite, and then another. Wow, you think to yourself, this is really good. The best chicken I have ever eaten my whole life. I want to eat more of this. You are very much taken with it and cannot help but devour it greedily. When Marissa and Jaegar return, they note your enthusiasm and tuck in heartily as well. 

Jiri, Marissa, Jaegar

You finally leave after having had second and third helpings. You are not quite sure you've had enough even at that point, but Mr Biggerson had no more food left. Instead he tells you, "If you're still feeling peckish later, come back at midnight! Mr Jhui open this place for the night clientele around that time. He serves Chinese."

The other diners never take their eyes off you for a single second.

It is 7.30pm and you decide to return to Bedlam.

Steven

You manage to keep your calm in the face of unimaginable horror, a scenario virtually unheard of in any self-respecting horror story. Your following comments completely dispel the atmosphere of fear that the apparition has painstakingly built up, lending a much-needed element of farce that was sorely lacking. The ghost cannot be seen by the naked eye, and when you peer into the mirror, you are unable to locate her. You surmise that she was either offended by your brazen attempt to communicate to her, utterly humiliated by her failure to Terrify you, or a combination of both.

Either way, you notice that there is a message carved onto the wooden frame of the mirror:

"Silly Tammy asked to play with Bloody Mary"

"Isn't that nice, dear?"

"Bloody Mary came and scratched her eyes out."

"Oh, dear. That isn't very nice!"

You finish the salting and then proceed to Jaegar's room to salt that too. After you're done, you sit on the bed. You feel antisocial. And hungry.

It is 8pm by the time the team reunites at Jaegar's room. If there is anything else you wish to do, you may do so now.

Otherwise, you may opt to turn in early. [Note: Doing so ends Day 1]

"So, guys, how was the meal? I figured you guys must have enjoyed yourselves, given the happy expressions and everything. Me? I've just been here, cooped up in this dingy old house, salting the rooms for everyone's safety. Don't mind me, I'm grumbling because I'm hungry. And hungry people aren't pleasant people. Did you bring back my serving? Oh you did. Thanks. I think I'll eat it in my room.

Oh, not to scare you guys or anything, but don't be surprised if you start to see visions of mutilated people in this hotel. I had an encounter with a ghost girl while you guys were away, and I suspect there might be more based on the bad feeling which I'm getting from this place. Why are you looking at me like that? I'm a hard-boiled detective of mysteries both normal and supernatural, and my instincts are telling me that this place is haunted. Don't get me wrong, though, most ghosts have more scare factor than danger factor, so the most you're in danger of is a heart attack. But if you guard yourself and expect the unexpected, you'll be safe. That's why I'm telling you all these, so you won't be frightened if you encounter the ghosts in the middle of the night. They tend to like the night.

The ghost girl I encountered was in your room, Marissa. Particularly, it was seen using the big mirror that had a blanket draped over it. I think it might have some significance to when the girl had been alive. I can help you conduct a more thorough investigation tomorrow, if you wish. As for the corpse that you saw in your room, Jiri, I think that might be one of the ghosts too. Unfortunately I did not salt your room so you are still at risk of encountering more ghosts.

And finally, a disclaimer. The salt circles ward off against ghosts from entering, but they won't help if the ghost is already inside your room. I tried to ask the ghost girl in Marissa's room to leave politely, but she disappeared soon after and I couldn't find her again. What I'm saying is, be prepared for anything, and you'll be fine.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to retire for the night. (Bring packet of food up to Steven's room to eat.)"

I couldn't believe what I just heard. So this Steven investigator fellow was just calmly telling us that there were ghosts inside our room, and that his salt barriers were not 100% effective, and now he was going up to eat after telling us to be prepared for anything? I gave chase immediately.

"Hey come back, Steven!" I yelled. "You can't just tell us our rooms are haunted and just walk off like that! Are you crazy? Prove that our rooms are haunted, and we'll of course leave the hotel immediately, not continue sleeping in rooms shared by unseen beings!"

"I turned around when I heard the voice of Marissa calling me back. Prove that your room is haunted? Girl, it's called the supernatural for a reason. If I could prove anything regarding ghosts using logic or science, then I'd be a world-renowned award winner by now. You could ask to change rooms, but would you rather sleep in a room with an unknown entity, or one that has already been seen before? At least you know what kind of ghost is possessing your room. It's far too late at night to go back to the city now; the bus services have long stopped.

I raised a hand to massage my forehead. You can disbelieve me if you want, Marissa. I'm quite used to that in my workplace already. But whatever I tell you is for your own safety. Tell me, did you experience anything strange when you looked into the mirror which I talked about? It might give us a clue to resolving whatever issue is anchoring the ghost to your room. Most ghosts can't pass on because they have lingering regrets or issues to settle with the mortal world. That's what I solve.

Anyway, if you do wish to take more protective measures, I can recommend them to you. (Rolled Intelligence + Composure - 1 to remember methods to ward off ghosts.)"

"You could ask to change rooms, but would you rather sleep in a room with an unknown entity, or one that has already been seen before?"

I let out a laugh.

"You sure seem a very defeatist sort of policeman," I said. "First of all, I don't believe a loony who talks to himself. Secondly, you seem content to take it that all our rooms have ghosts, and we're doomed to stay with them, helpless. Okay, I take it that we can't leave this place indeed, but this isn't a horror story, Steven! I don't know what unspeakable horrors you've encountered before, but we can fight this! We've a policeman, a physics professor, and a- I don't really know what you are, Jaeger, but I've seen enough of what you carry that I know I don't want to be on your bad side- in our midst. We can't just believe the place is haunted, and then... then decide to sleep with a ghost who looks at herself in the mirror. Even if this is a horror story, nobody surrenders right from the start!"

I stopped, pausing for breath. That was uncharacteristically motivating. A flush crept into my cheeks. Why had I said that?

"A-anyway," she said, "this chicken is really good, Steven. You should've seen us, we left not even a crumb on our plates. We met the guy with the picket fence you mentioned, too, but he didn't seem to want to attack us. Oh, and the restaurant was really crowded. You'd think a restaurant that was closing soon wouldn't have so many people, but there were a lot of people, and they kept staring at us. I thought maybe Jiri Uetz must've been really famous, but none of them came up to ask for your autograph. Ha!" I turned towards him and smirked.

"And also," I added in a more sombre note, "would you mind going to my room again and telling me precisely what this supposed ghost did? And how did you know she's a ghost?"

I listened to Steven for a moment before completely shrugging it off. Ghosts, of all things. You'd imagine a detective would have more to do with his life than shout about ghost stories. It just made me more tired than I was. I'm not on the job so, might as well go to bed. "Well, if any of you need me, I'm going to bed early. I'd rather sleep than talk about spooky scary skeletons." 

Getting out of my outfit, I pace the floor a moment in my night pants, wondering if I should keep my gun closer to me tonight or not, I'm not sure how to feel about half the people here and the other half probably 'need' my help. Ugh...this is 'way' to much to think about now. I'll just leave it on my nightstand and hope no one comes shouting for ghost hunters. The sheets are a bit cold, but at least it's a comfy bed, nice and soft...I love sleeping...love it....so....much....

"I agree with Jaeger. I am a man of science, not superstition." I yawn, "You two can stay here arguing, but I'm a busy professor with many things to do. Goodnight."

I retrieve my luggage and head to the new room I was given. I spend time unpacking, hanging clothes up in the wardrobe, connecting the phone and washing the provided glass in the sink. I set my photo of my younger self on my nightstand. Damn I was- AM a handsome man. I was a male model after all. I do a few reps with my dumbbell, a few sit ups, and a few push ups. Then I take a quick shower and get to bed, quite exhausted from this strange day.

"Alright, I suppose I can explain more in your room.

I followed Marissa as the two of us took the lift to level 6. Careful about the salt circle, you don't want to disrupt it like I did when I entered my room. Alright, now that we're here... I guess I'll explain to you in detail what happened. As you already know, I was busy salting your room, and while doing so, I accidentally caused the blanket covering that mirror over there to slide off, and I got a big shock when I saw the ghost girl inside. She was horribly mutilated and was standing beside me silently. After I regained my nerves, I figured that she was probably trying to tell me something, because from experience, ghosts don't appear to humans for nothing. So I tried asking her what was going on, but then she vanished and I couldn't see her anymore.

In any case, afterwards I managed to spot this message carved on the mirror's edge. Here, have a look. (Point to the message on the mirror.)

I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the circumstances surrounding the ghost, but it certainly has a horror story feel to it. As for ways to counteract the supernatural... My apologies, but right now the only thing that comes to mind is that drinking holy water can inflict pain to spirits should they try to possess you. I don't suppose you have any holy water with you, right?

In any case, I don't know if the ghost's going to reappear tonight. If you want my advice, keep that blanket draped over the mirror, and don't touch it. That's all I can say until I get more information about the matter. Now, do you have anything else to ask me? Because I'm getting really hungry now."

"Silly Tammy asked to play with Bloody Mary"

"Isn't that nice, dear?"

"Bloody Mary came and scratched her eyes out."

"Oh, dear. That isn't very nice!"

I read out the indicated message slowly. What a nonsensical poem this was, as if it was written by someone of incredibly low intellect. Maybe it was a bimbo ghost. That would explain the fascination with the mirror too.

"It's amazing you still have an appetite after this encounter," I remarked coldly. "Also, no I don't have any holy water, whatever that means, and I certainly wouldn't want to drink it to cause some spirit pain. I guess I shall leave you to your peace now." I looked seriously at the message on the mirror. After some thought, I connected the phone in my room and dialled for the hotel operator.

"Hallo, operator," I said. "Can I have someone come up to clean my room, please? Someone wrote something on my mirror."

Marissa

"On the mirror, you say? I'll be right up to take a look." Ed's voice came over the phone.

Five minutes later, there was a polite knock on the door. You open it, and see Ed standing there with a genial smile.You invite him in, indicating that he should be aware of the salt line. He steps across it easily and follows you to the make-up table. He looks at the message etched onto the frame and frowns.

"This was already here before you came in, you say? That's very troubling indeed. Well, we could get the entire table replaced for you tomorrow if you want. It's late now and I wouldn't want to wake our other guests by moving furniture about. Some of them don't take kindly to noise at this late hour. I'm very sorry for this inconvenience. To make up for this, I'm sure we wouldn't mind giving you a pair of complimentary tickets to the Museum, effective for a month. Do drop by the front desk tomorrow to pick them up. I bid you good night."

"Oh, there's a Museum in the area?" I said, looking at the tickets. Maybe I could visit the place tomorrow, if the replacement of the table did not take too long. I figured I would sell one of the tickets to one of the other four guests tomorrow. Since everyone was turning in and I was pretty bored as well, I decided to go to sleep as well. Before that, I made sure to close and latch the windows, and lock the door. Steven had been positive that the woman that appeared had been a ghost, and only existed in the mirror, but I certainly did not want to find out tomorrow that it had just been some hotel maidservant who had come in and decided to carve things on people's mirror frames.

At least now that I have secured the entry points, I would not have people sneaking into my room at night.

12.47am

Steven

In the middle of your slumber, you hear the sound from a corner of your room. You are unable to place it, until you hear it again. Someone is turning the handle of your door, you realize gradually. Whoever it is that's attempting to enter your room seems to realize that your door's locked, however. One, two, three more rattle, and then silence.

[Roll for Stamina + Resolve. If you do not obtain at least 1 success, you return to sleep, too far gone to care. Otherwise, you push yourself upright and may decide on a course of action.]

-

1.23am

Jaegar

You become conscious of the fact that you are standing in a corner of a room. The room feels vaguely familiar, but you cannot quite place it. However, that is not important. What is quite vital and calling for your attention are two things. The first is the bed, your bed in fact, that's directly in front of you. It seems to you that there's something, or somebody, on it, tucked underneath the blanket.

The other is the squeaking that's coming from the window on your right. You see a silhouette from beyond the curtains.

[Decide on a course of action. Either go to the bed or the window, not both.]

-

1.57am

Marissa

You are awakened by the sounds of a tap being turned on and then running water. It takes you but a moment to understand that the noises are coming from your bathroom. You sense the presence of an entity in there.

[Decide on whether you'll investigate the bathroom.]

-

2.13am

Jiri

You wake up hungry and craving for more food. In fact, you are specifically craving for more from Biggerson's. You get dressed hurriedly, and leave Bedlam without a second thought. You pass by Ed at the reception desk, but you are too focused on your compulsion to stop and chat.

The night is cold, dark and windy. You hear only the blowing of the wind and the occasional hoot of an owl. You pass by a particularly dark section where the street-lamp has been busted. An irrational paranoia clutches your heart, but you compel yourself to keep walking and eventually settle as you reenter another lit area. You arrive at Biggerson's without further incident and is immensely relieved to see it open. You enter with barely concealed desperation, running those last few steps.

Inside, you see that the same diners from several hours ago are still in their seats, although the dish in front of them has changed; they all ordered glutinous rice, it seems. They already have their attention fixed upon you. But none of that matters. It is imperative that you eat something immediately. Thankfully, a skinny-looking man dressed in white robes immediately emerges from the kitchen with a tray. You deduce that this is Mr Jhui. On the tray, there is a dozen bowls of glutinous rice.

Jhui stops short when he sees you, and asks you something in what you recognize as Chinese but do not understand, "哎呀,在这个时候还是有人æ¥è¿™é‡Œ?"

He recovers quickly, and beckons for you to occupy a seat. Then, the bespectacled old man sets down the tray in front of you and hurries back into the kitchen, shouting over his back," è¿™äº›éƒ½ä¸æ˜¯ç»™ä½ åƒã€‚ç¨ç­‰ä¸€ä¸‹å•Š!"

You take one look at the tray of steaming hot rice before you and start tucking in.

[Roll Stamina and Resolve until you accumulate 4 successes. Each roll represents 1 bowl of rice that you devour without stopping. You have been poisoned by a mysterious drug. If 6 hours pass without you eating any food from Biggerson's, you suffer signs of extreme hunger. Make a roll for Stamina + Resolve. If you fail, you take 1 bashing damage from Deprivation. Eating a meal at Biggerson's will heal any damage earned this way.]

When you finally look up from your binge-eating, you realize that the restaurant has become very crowded, with all the seats filled by people. For some reason, they seem very unhappy with you.

Jhui re-enters shortly with another tray, this time with an assortment of simple dishes. However, his eyes widen in horror when he sees the empty bowls of rice before you.

"你臭å°å­ï¼ä»–们的食物,你敢åƒï¼Ÿå¿«æ»šå‡ºåŽ»ï¼ä»–们现在生气!"

He begins pushing you frantically towards the exit. You realize that the other diners have all stood up without you noticing. More disturbingly, you realize that their faces are all deathly pale and they do not cast any shadows.

[Decide on what you'll do now.]

"...this can't be good..." I sigh, I knew something fucked up would happen the moment I decided to go to bed in this place, but I was tired. I like sleeping, couldn't be helped. Nonetheless, whatever the hell was happening, I needed to figure out just what was happening. No main problem is...something is tapping at the window, and there's no way I can reach it while also checking the bed...so what I should do, is get to the other side of the bed, and then I can face the window just in case something tries to break in.

I slowly walk to the right side of the bed, my feet getting enveloped in the shag carpet. Throwback to the fuckin' 70's I have to say. The rising and falling of the sheets to whatever was underneath them kept going, seems I hadn't woken it yet. So on the count of three...I'll move the sheet and hope that shit doesn't need to go down. Since my gun was still on the bed-side table which was within grabbing range, if shit got real, I'd be able to join right in. Right....

3...!

Jaegar

You pull back the sheet and see… yourself! To be more accurate, you see your body lying on the bed, clearly fast asleep, perhaps even snoring a bit. This revelation stuns you, but a dull thud from the window quickly knocks you out of your amazement.

[Reflexive roll for telekinesis. Strength + Dexterity.

6 successes (Exceptional). You are now fully manifested and may interact with physical objects in your surroundings.]

Alright...so tripping out a bit...but, cool I suppose. I guess this is just some sort of dream I'm having. Might as well check the window then. I walk around the bed and reach my hand out to the curtains, pushing them aside to see what was making the thudding noise.