Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DayDreamer

Robot Battle Royale [tournament complete]

95 posts in this topic

(credit goes here)

ROBOT BATTLE ROYALE

(aka i found another game to try ;u)

In this game, players build a robot and send it to battle against everyone else's robots. The last robot standing wins.

You build you robot by assigning a fixed number of points to various stats (and since we're RPers, I'll make you all describe your robot too).

Robots battle by their players deciding which enemy robot to attack, via PM. After everyone has chosen their target, I work out the result based on the stats, and then reveal the results of that round publicly.

The amount of rounds this will last depends how many people play and how fast robots are destroyed.

This, like basically all the games I do, is a bit experimental. So be advised I can't guarantee it'll turn out fair.

To sign up, just post saying you want in. Then, fill out the below sheet for your robot and PM it to me. You should NOT post your robot publicly, in order to avoid others designing their robot to counter yours. I'll reveal the list of robots and their owners once signups close and we begin.

Bear in mind, stats are not all equal to the amount of points you choose. I'll put the formula for the total stats in parentheses next to each stat, where "X" is the amount of points you put into that stat. You have 15 points to spend on stats.

I'll give sign ups 48 hours. If you sign up and your robot is not PMed to me by then, I will chase you up for it. We will begin the first round once all the robots are submitted.

Robot Sheet:

Name: <name>

Appearance: <appearance>

HP: 2 * X + 5

(Hit Points. They fall when you take damage. If it reaches 0, the robot is destroyed.
Attack: 1 + X

(Damage on a successful hit)
Aim: 1 + X

(Increases chance to hit)
Dodge: 1 + X

(If higher than attacker's aim, their chance to hit is reduced. Will not reveal the forumla, but the greater the difference, the less their chance to hit becomes. If your dodge is less than their aim, it has no effect at all)
Defense: X

(deducted from the attack damage of an enemy on hit - cannot reduce damage lower than 1)
Speed: X

(determines turn order)

Example Robot:

Name: Spambot

Appearance: Looks like a tin of spam.

HP: 2 * 3 + 5 (11)
Attack: 1 + 3 (4)
Aim: 1 + 2 (3)
Dodge: 1 + 2 (3)
Defense: 3
Speed: 2

I'm in just so I can beat Sanzi at this thing too

'Too'?

I remember a certain overconfident emperor who lost all his allies preeeeeetty quickly.

It was all part of my strategy! SHOUNEN wasn't defeated in the end anyway. And no, I'm talking about Pokemon.

I'll never let you live it down~

A robot game without special techniques? D=

Otherwise, I guess I'm in. Lemme see if I can play a pacifist robot fighter. =D

What kind of robots are we talking about here? Gundams, tanks, or those lego things you can build by yourself?

We have to be careful not to let Seanzi, Noia, and probably Kyo gang up on us this time. KILL THEM FIRST.

Can we gattai our robots to form one stupidly powerful one?

We have to be careful not to let Seanzi, Noia, and probably Kyo gang up on us this time. KILL THEM FIRST.

Come at me, bro

Everybody let's build absurd stone wall mechs just so Sanzi dies first

As many as get in here within the 48 hours. Any number is fine.

I have a few questions about how this will work that I'd like to hear opinions on.

Firstly, should I make all robot stats known?

Secondly, should I make all robot owners known?

That is, it will play differently if I don't reveal the stats of each robot, and you have to guess based on how turns results go. Also making the robot owners anonymous would serve to prevent alliances in what is meant to be an FFA. However I'm sure people will probably work out each others' bots anyway, and may wish to talk about the goings on here openly.

I think you could make it secret, but anyone can reveal the details of their own bots for the sake of making alliances and stuff. Somehow I'm imagining this to be another Nations, only with robots and stats.

There shouldn't be alliances, it's meant to be Free for All. Alliances would mean basically people choosing who they want in the finals, because in this case all robots are more or less equal and so any one that is the deliberate target of more than 1 other person is pretty definitely going to lose.

Of course I can't stop people doing such, since they can just "coincidentally" attack the same targets or avoid attacking each other by chance. But I definitely don't want to actively enable alliances.

Well we all know about the Noia/Sanzi alliance...

Well the thing is if everyone plays to win by themselves, it should work out pretty fair. Because any time a few people are dominating, through an implied alliance or by luck, everyone else would be best served independently targeting them to weaken them. It's no good if all the weaker bots just attack each other while one or two get left untouched.

Don't worry, we haven't planned shit for this one.

Go ahead and blast each other to smithereens, at your own comfort and pleasure (Y)

yes.gif

To update, there's currently 5 participants, with 3 robots submitted. And just about 24 hours remaining.

All the robots are submitted. There's still just under 12 hours left for anyone else to join up.

ROBOCOMBATANTS

• Scrawny McSquishy

Appearance: <appearance>

• BarkBot

Appearance: http://www.design-mo...obot-Dog-1.jpeg

• Gratuitous Mansex

Appearance: A hulking behemoth the size of a skyscraper and swathed in armor plating

-- think Cherno Alpha, but with a gigantic crotch cannon. Painted gunmetal grey.

• AS-15 Dunkmaster

Appearance: Come on and slam! Welcome to the jam!

•  Little "Remy" Kayke

Appearance: Little Kayke is a small messenger Automaton that was rescued from the scrapyard in the days leading up to the Automatons' departure from the planet before its destruction. It was repaired by Kayke's engineers and repurposed to store the entirety of Kayke's baking recipes and history in its memory. It is also the world's best robotic cook. It is ordinarily humanoid, with a rectangular body. However, it can manipulate the mysterious metallic particles on its body and refashion its arms into anything from an egg-beater to a drill. In a pinch, it can transform into a small fighter capable of dishing out damage. Get it? "Dishing?"

ROUND 1

All robots should choose their attack targets via PM.

It's kinda freaking obvious whose robot is whose, isn't it?